As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] #12: OWL Stage 3 Returns, Retribution Soon

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I already have so many of the other items that the last three loot boxes have been almost exclusively moira stuff.

Love the new loot box system!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I'm really curious to see what future heroes are added because with each new hero I've found Overwatch to become a richer experience.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    How do you kill Moira?

She seems rather... invincible.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Roadhog eats her for breakfast, even her ult basically tickles him at best.

McCree can also just stun her and head shot away, 200 HP is not that much.

Pharah is basically untouchable by her and can burst her down fast.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    The only thing you need to know about Moira's orbs is that one orb is for hug and the other orb is for fug.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Real talk, I think a barrier heavy team will be very annoying for her.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Her orbs go through barriers. Your squishies are not safe from science!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Does Moira get healing ammo by using her drain palm on a barrier?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

Orb isn't really that big of a threat on its own and smart barrier management can really put her behind in the resource game.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Does Moira get healing ammo by using her drain palm on a barrier?

No she doesn't.

Orb isn't really that big of a threat on its own and smart barrier management can really put her behind in the resource game.

That's true, but then she can either switch character or just focus on anti-dive, which she's pretty good at.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Went and uninstalled the game. It's become obvious that I can't deal with this game on literally any level without threatening a breakdown and fucking up the experience for everyone else. I'm not sure when I'll come back to it. Feel free to remove me from the document if you want (as if I ever actually engaged with the community or made an effort to play with others).

• Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Chance wrote: »
    Yeah I'm learning to respect her.

She demands much respect. Don't be this guy.

Had one use her fade to outmaneuver me on Volskaya - she just chased me around a corner with it and melted me from behind when I thought I'd broken line of sight. Mora_just_right.jpg

I use it in reverse when silly Syms think they can melt my face. Fade backwards, you can't touch meeee. Oh you put up a barrier, have a destruction orb

Torb, of all people, is turning out to be a significant weakness. The only thing she has that can hurt his turret is her ult.

madparrot on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    madparrot wrote: »
    Yeah I'm learning to respect her.

She demands much respect. Don't be this guy.

Had one use her fade to outmaneuver me on Volskaya - she just chased me around a corner with it and melted me from behind when I thought I'd broken line of sight. Mora_just_right.jpg

I use it in reverse when silly Syms think they can melt my face. Fade backwards, you can't touch meeee. Oh you put up a barrier, have a destruction orb

Torb, of all people, is turning out to be a significant weakness. The only thing she has that can hurt his turret is her ult.

The turret thing is confirmed as a bug: https://www.reddit.com/comments/7devx5/_/dpxbyq7?context=3

• Options
    I also found out her bunny hopping doesnt stop Doomfist.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Her orbs(either one) will not bounce off of Mei's walls, enemy or friendly.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Her orbs(either one) will not bounce off of Mei's walls, enemy or friendly.

Do they go through, or just kind of disappear?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    My experience is that it just despawns it.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Huh, wonder if that's a glitch, or working as intended?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

Are you sure it doesn't drain out? Her wall is five pillars. Her orbs does 50 damage a second to every target in range, but only 200 max. So if you shot it dead on into a wall, it'd drain out into the five pillar targets before it even touched them.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I honestly didn't think of that possibility.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Are you sure it doesn't drain out? Her wall is five pillars. Her orbs does 50 damage a second to every target in range, but only 200 max. So if you shot it dead on into a wall, it'd drain out into the five pillar targets before it even touched them.

As I mentioned it happens with friendly Mei walls as well.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i believe it's a bug, same as with other deployables like turrets

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

As I mentioned it happens with friendly Mei walls as well.

So? You can shoot through/break friendly Mei walls as well as enemy.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    There's no need to start escalating, I'm just saying what my experience has been with Mei's wall.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yes, but it happens to her heal orbs too

it's a bug

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

winston also poops on her because his jump is on a similar cooldown to fade (with the only counterplay being juking him via going in a direction he's not expecting - even then he can just hold on to jump until he sees you) and he can tank her damage easy

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

winston also poops on her because his jump is on a similar cooldown to fade (with the only counterplay being juking him via going in a direction he's not expecting - even then he can just hold on to jump until he sees you) and he can tank her damage easy

She can tank his damage as well though.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    She's pretty good at Chateau FFA. Lots of indoor space for orb bouncing + kill-stealing via poke damage.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    She's pretty good at Chateau FFA. Lots of indoor space for orb bouncing + kill-stealing via poke damage.

I feel she might get nerfed because of how powerful she is in 1v1

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Brainleech wrote: »

You might be right there. But still, this viewpoint was exactly why Ana got nerfed. Some of those nerfs were needed, but the overall nerfs probably led to a decline in healer picks, and Ana is only just now getting buffs again. I just don't like the mindset that healers should be prey: it's a big reason healers aren't picked enough.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I could see her self-heal being nerfed a little, and/or her ult charge rate. With some team comps she can have an ult about every fight. It's not a crazy powerful ult, but it's pretty annoying to play against.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

I literally teched in Mei so I could shut them up.

And the genjis.

But then I found out Doomfist squishes both.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I outhealed Mercy more than once yesterday on Moira. And it seems that's where you want to dedicate most of your cooldowns aside from Fade except for when you need to regen your heal juice. I only started using the fug orb when we were pushing an advantage but mainly stuck to hug orb

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    You know the really bad examples are the things about the old RP that I just knew were going to get overnerfed:

1) He hits me when I'm above him!

Well yes. I know it sucks, but if you could dodge Doomfist by jumping that'd be pretty bullshit no?

2) He hit me with the side of his fist and then I hit the wall at an angle but still died! That's not a direct hit and that's bullshit!

I mean. He still hit you. Name me one other projectile that can skin you along the side of its hitbox and not do 100% of its damage. You're being hit by a rocket-powered fist, I imagine hitting the wall even at a 45 degree angle isn't fun. Moreover, if it got fixed along with a general hitbox nerfed, that would be a double nerf to the killzone that is his punch hitbox.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    As the greatest lyricist of my generation I did my own super secret research about map selection, and I present to you my findings.

For the past five or six days I've scribbled in my handy dandy notebook each map I got when playing. I have denoted and emoji'd:
    -the mode (quickplay or mystery)
    -map
    -A/D for attack or defend
    -the result (win/loss)
    -any other notes such as a backfill or left.

Note that when I mark "left" it is when I am put into a brand new game with the full timer and I'm just all nuh-uh to your uh-huh, map, so there is plenty of time for the game to find a replacement. I never leave a game if I'm backfilled or if the timer is about to start the match, that is not a classy thing to do.

My frenetic findings will surprise you!
    11-14-17
    M Numbani D backfill 1 W
    M Kings Row A W
    Q Gibraltar D backfill 3 L
    Q Kings Row A W
    M Anubis D left
    M Route 66 A L
    M Hanamura D left
    M Anubis A left
    M Anubis A left
    M Eichenwalde D backfill L
    M Ilios backfill W
    M Nepal L
    M Hanamura D left
    M King's Row D W
    M King's Row A L
    M Ilios W
    Q Route 66 A W

11-15-17
    M Kings Row A W
    M Lijiang W
    Q Volskaya A left
    M Horizon D backfill B W
    M Horizon A L
    M Volskaya D left
    Q Hanamura A left
    M Hanamura A left
    M Route 66 D L
    M Route 66 A L
    M Hollywood A L

11-16-17
    M Hollywood A W
    M Lijiang W
    M Oasis L
    M Dorado A W
    M Junkertown D L
    M Kings Row A W
    Q Dorado backfill point 3 L
    M Eichenwalde A L
    Q Nepal backfill W
    M Dorado A backfill L
    M Ilios L
    M Kings Row D backfill L
    M Horizon D left
    M Route 66 A (it literally kicked all of us to Eichenwalde with a minute left, WTF)
    M Eichenwalde D L
    Q Nepal backfill L
    M Junkertown D W

11-17-17
    M Gibraltar A L
    M Eichenwalde D W
    M Volskaya A left
    Q Hanamura A left
    M Nepal backfill L
    Q Numbani A backfill L

11-18-17
    M Gibraltar A L
    Q Hollywood A backfill W
    Q Hanamura D left
    M Volskaya D left
    M Gibraltar D L
    M Numbani A W

11-19-17
    M Lijiang W
    Q Kings Row A backfill W
    M Anubis D left
    M Hollywood A backfill L
    Q Kings Row A L
    M Numbani A L
    Q Nepal W

If I counted right the totals be....

Dorado - 3
    Route 66 - 5
    Gibraltar - 4
    Junkertown - 2

Hollywood - 3
    Kings Row - 9
    Numbani - 4
    Eichenwalde - 4

Ilios - 3
    Lijiang - 3
    Oasis - 1
    Nepal - 2

Hanamura - 6
    Anubis - 4
    Volskaya - 4
    Horizon - 3

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    These aren't findings at all, it's just data!

It's just the raw data!!!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »

You might be right there. But still, this viewpoint was exactly why Ana got nerfed. Some of those nerfs were needed, but the overall nerfs probably led to a decline in healer picks, and Ana is only just now getting buffs again. I just don't like the mindset that healers should be prey: it's a big reason healers aren't picked enough.

I'd also like to giggle together with everyone that we were doom and glooming over her inability to 1v1 when she was first revealed. Seriously, I bet I could find a dozen quotes about how she would instantly die to any sort of back line pressure.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    Musicool wrote: »

In her case I think she needs something adjusted. I've started seeing troll Moiras that play leech flanker and snipe healers from behind and she's actually pretty criminally effective at it. Her small frame, long reach, decent mobility and copius leech let her just roll over most other supports, especially if they're unprotected.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

I literally teched in Mei so I could shut them up.

And the genjis.

But then I found out Doomfist squishes both.

I always junk on ffa just to kill steal from both