Options

[Overwatch] #12: OWL Stage 3 Returns, Retribution Soon

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I don't follow the big names but I thought I saw in the twitch chat for one of the games they made CoolMatt remove the 69 from his name.

Which is just the worst, this is the real no fun league.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I don't follow the big names but I thought I saw in the twitch chat for one of the games they made CoolMatt remove the 69 from his name.

Which is just the worst, this is the real no fun league.

His player number is 69.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I'd rather they err on the side of caution with regards to what kinds of names they let players use.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Today's games have been ... frustrating. But here are two from yesterday I liked.

A Mercy PotG! I did a fair amount of healing in this game, but I was also in the mood to blast things, so ... I blasted things. I got a fair amount of headshots and flanker kills in this match. Eat it McCree.

https://youtu.be/RryPLP4NIyk

And adding to the earlier Moira discussion, here's an illustration of her mopping up ability on Low HP heroes:

https://youtu.be/Rc8_IkDchGE

soylenth on
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Ooo Valiant screwed up just now, but they look very strong still.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    soylenth wrote: »
    Today's games have been ... frustrating. But here are two from yesterday I liked.

A Mercy PotG! I did a fair amount of healing in this game, but I was also in the mood to blast things, so ... I blasted things. I got a fair amount of headshots and flanker kills in this match. Eat it McCree.

https://youtu.be/RryPLP4NIyk

And adding to the earlier Moira discussion, here's an illustration of her mopping up ability on Low HP heroes:

https://youtu.be/Rc8_IkDchGE

Whenever I see the phrase you used for the title of your second video, it makes me think of this (skip to ~18 minutes 10 seconds):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3qjNcow1F8&t=18m10s
    Man, really surprised that clip hasn't been uploaded to YouTube by itself.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Yeah, I signed up the for newsletter BS last night, but when I logged in I didn't have the extra 100 OWL coins or whatever they're called. Anyone know what might be up with that? I know I used the same e-mail address as my battlenet account.

From what I've read, it can take a few days for them to arrive. Also if you've ever been suspended or banned then I guess you don't get them ever.

edit: Also, I really wish I could choose to listen to team chat. I'd love to get to hear the shot caller.

@H3Knuckles and anyone else. I just got my 100 OWL coins for signing up. So it does work! Took two days it seems.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular

As soon as Dallas started dabbing I knew it was over.

• Options
    Dac Vin wrote: »

As soon as Dallas started dabbing I knew it was over.

That’s probably why my comp games go so poorly. The damn Genji insta lock is dabbing in the set up phase.

• Options
    What's dabbing?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    What's dabbing?

The latest annoying internet thing to do in public.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dab_(dance)

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    What's dabbing?

'latest' is a pretty big stretch

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    What's dabbing?

Oh. I've seen that before, but didn't know it had a name.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I reinstalled the game.

That may have been a mistake.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    lol someone drew this up on reddit

pctbu2cgmq901.png

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Did a C9 team do something meme-worthy in OW or is this jumping games?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    "to C9" is to leave the cart or point in overtime despite having won the fight, or having a good chance of winning.

While many a team has done it, the C9 team once did it 3 fucking times in one match, sealing their names in infamy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L59Qy_Q3sfU

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Kana wrote: »
    "to C9" is to leave the cart or point in overtime despite having won the fight, or having a good chance of winning.

While many a team has done it, the C9 team once did it 3 fucking times in one match, sealing their names in infamy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L59Qy_Q3sfU

yes this is good

I wonder if EternalEnvy plays OW

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I'd rather they err on the side of caution with regards to what kinds of names they let players use.

I'm a big stuffy no-fun wet blanket party-pooper and I think that the sex and potty humour should at least be a little subtle in pro sports. At a party or with friends, sure, I'll make dick jokes. But when you're representing a lot of adults with a lot of money on the line...that's not the place for putting 69 in your name. Your player number? Yeah sure, clever and cloaked from the crowd. That's cool.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular

Draconian last stand solution: ask players to pick a word from the lyrics of Bohemian Rhapsody, and use that for their esport handle.

• Options
    Dac Vin wrote: »

Draconian last stand solution: ask players to pick a word from the lyrics of Bohemian Rhapsody, and use that for their esport handle.

Dibs on Figaro.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Magnifico

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Scaramouche

• Options
    Fandango

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Thunderbolts

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Scaramouche

We have a winnah!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Chance wrote: »
    Scaramouche

We have a winnah!

Funnily enough, that was Knuckles' before the edit.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Scaramouche

We have a winnah!

Great minds think alike? I should've stuck with my first hunch, but now I'm kinda wishing I'd thought of Thunderbolts.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Edit: Also, "babybay" is the best name in OWL. Fight me. Hearing the casters say it over and over is joyous.

I have to give it to you -- I just turned the OWL stream on for a second because I didn't recognize Twitch's icon for a channel replaying a previous broadcast and wanted to see what it was, and it just was they were commenting on babybay. It was delightful.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    Scaramouche

We have a winnah!

Great minds think alike? I should've stuck with my first hunch, but now I'm kinda wishing I'd thought of Thunderbolts.

Heh, why am I not surprised everyone would pick from that part of the song?

("Reality" represent.)

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Played some good QP with @Kana and @davidsdurions last night.

They play way above my level so it was nice to feel like I did anything, but it took a few games to get up to speed.

• Options
    Scored 2 PotGs last night! I'm trying to wean myself off playing Mercy, but I ended up with a Mercy PotG in the Dynasty skin for rezzing a Genji, getting a few assists and the killing blow on a Reinhardt when my team and I were practically spawn camping the reds on a Volskaya defense. I didn't feel too bad about it, because I literally did not die for half the game and kept a team of suicidal flankers alive against all odds.

The other was one of my all-time best Tracer PotGs. I feel like I'm not pulling my weight, this game. The reds are very scary, I'm having some impact by doing the Tracer-distracts-half-the-team-off-the-point thing. We've taken the point on Oasis Gardens and lost it, the reds have it at like 14%, and I'm following my tanks back in from spawn as we group up with our Moira and a Hog backpedalling out of the side hallway with the small health pack. I shoot past them, closer to the reds and wait behind a corner for a second or two to be sitting on three blinks, and emote to my team that Pulse Bomb's ready. I come around the corner and burn two blinks to go right through the enemy line, right into their Mercy's face.

She immediately leaps past me into her team, I turn around and throw the bomb into the mix and blink sideways up the stairs to the upper level. I leap off the high ground to help one of my tanks with their Roadhog as the bomb goes off - triple kill! - and put a clip into the hog for 25% and the killing blow - quadruple kill!

I freeze for a solid second. Did I just get PotG? Mercy rezzes the McCree. Did my Pulse Bomb not kill the Mercy!? (It got Ana, McCree and Hanzo.)

I whip around, empty my guns towards them and instantly get the killing blow on Mercy. The PotG ends, but after I dove on McCree and whupped him so fast it ended up being a double kill.

/cheer emote.

• Options
    Played some good QP with Kana and davidsdurions last night.

They play way above my level so it was nice to feel like I did anything, but it took a few games to get up to speed.

One day I will fix my mic issues and maybe adjust my mouse area so I don’t keep hitting the edges and limiting my movement speed. Good games :+1:

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Pine is a scary hitscan player

And jjonak plays dps zenyatta. 30k healing, 40 fucking k damage. Wow.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Everyone's in awe at Pine, jjonak is my new idol and the Zenyatta i dream to become, they got nice blue outfits, and there aren't any canadian teams yet.

Alright, fine, New York XL represent.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Pine is a scary hitscan player

And jjonak plays dps zenyatta. 30k healing, 40 fucking k damage. Wow.

Jkonak’s right clicks are super accurate and I learned some neat positioning tricks (and angles) from that match

Pine is the end boss.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Several games tonight, only 1 ranked because every single team I got tonight was terrible, and then I started getting terrible.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Probably my best Symmetra PotG. I had just killed a dude at the lower entrance and beat feet to to set up the carwash at the second doorway. They were so mad at me this match. We eventually won, but they did push us back to point B, where they could trust no door or archway...

https://youtu.be/SN8MCjf_z6U

• Options
    I dunno how many elims were in it, but my best Sym PotG was all about hearing "it's hiiiiiii-" whipping around and throwing my shield, and summoning a hard-light chair.