As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] thread. Gonna make sweet love to my Corinth.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Unlocking a bunch of frames all at once is kinda hurting my brain. I need to go back to just spamming Avalanche instead of trying to think about how to chain Saryn's abilities together.

EDIT: Also, they just tweeted this —

I mean, I got the vectisp from twitch, but I guess free MR is cool too

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    If it comes with a free slot, that and the MR for free are great.

If it comes with a built in catalyst, as such weapons often do, I might even keep it over an existing weapon, which I'm pretty sure I didn't put a tater into.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The phrasing is ambiguous - they could just mean you're getting the skin for free.
    (This is what I actually expect.)

EDIT: Nope, looks like they actually do give you a free, blue-potatoed Vectis. Huh.
    Took me a logout and back in after entering the code in-game, but it's there.

Alas, I've already leveled one to 30 and discarded it in favor of the Prime, so it's still going in the bin.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    The phrasing isn't ambiguous at all. It literally says a Vectis AND a Vectis Skin, then it says "use them".

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    yes, well, I was reading it as "a skin for the Vectis and Vectis Tekulu" which, I thought, was a separate thing, like Vectis Prime, or Nikana - Dragon Nikana - Nikana Prime, etc etc.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    It does give the gun with a potato installed and a slot.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Thoughts from the brief time spent with Plains last night:

1. The Plains are gorgeous. Love the day/night cycle, the spooky night lights from iridite and Eidolons, and zooming around as a ninja in giant open spaces.
    2. Each Cetus instance probably can't hold as many folks as they jam in, because the slowdown is real (on PS4Pro) and pretty much nobody has their actual model, just the untextured Excalibur.
    3. Loading into the Plains after picking up a bounty takes goddamn forever.
    4. Bounty rewards are poop and every bounty kinda felt the same.
    5. The "mission cleanup" screen should pop up once the final stage is complete, not upon returning to Cetus.
    6. It is hard to find a fishing hole! But I did get a 39.4 kg Mortus Lungfish.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Just an FYI for the op; yes you can carry the toxin while in Archwing, kinda important because it appears you can easily be ask to lug it to opposite sides of the plains.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Woe unto anyone trying to do the operation without archwing launchers. 2km from the gate to the first objective, 2km to the second, it's pretty silly.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Deans wrote: »
    Woe unto anyone trying to do the operation without archwing launchers. 2km from the gate to the first objective, 2km to the second, it's pretty silly.

It varies. First time I did it, each objective was 200-400m away from each other. Second time I ran it they were 600m-2km from each other.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Oh wow, they made an achievement just for Nezha!
    Travel over 500 meters in a single slide across the Plains of Eidolon

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Saryn Prime prices seem to be spiking. I swear people were bandying them around 40-50p just a few days ago, now 70-120? (Ps4)

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Saryn Prime prices seem to be spiking. I swear people were bandying them around 40-50p just a few days ago, now 70-120? (Ps4)

Probably thinking the next prime access is coming, as IIRC she would be next in line to getting vaulted.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Oh wow, they made an achievement just for Nezha!
    Travel over 500 meters in a single slide across the Plains of Eidolon

You can use a a friend on a Nova making portals for you to go an infinite distance.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

is it getting vaulted or something?

• Options
    Yeah, I saw folks in a fissure chatting about how Saryn P and Nikana P are getting vaulted, which I guess is a deduction and not an official announcement.

I just built her and have an entire set of BPs left over, so I guess I should hold on to them in case that's true.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah I tried it. 1.8km to step one, 2km to step two, step two would not activate, 1.4 km back to cetus. Close game.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    So I discovered the Elytron's 3 and 4 abilities really kick the shit out of the infested on the plains. I lay down a bunch of the bubbles to put down some steady damage, and then I start tossing out the nukes when I see clumps of them anywhere. It's pretty satisfying watching them get blown away (it having a really satisfying visual and audio effect helps too)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Good news, tenno. Hotfix has deployed to fix that issue with the final stage of the operation not completing. also @Darmak should update the title to indicate there's an active operation.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Deans wrote: »

I’ve been getting around the plains pretty quick on foot with Rush and Armored Agility, but I’m definitely saving bounties that are long and involved for later. I’ve just been fishing and doing the 2nd tier bounty in the meantime. Plus leveling Nidus and Mara Detron outside of POE and grinding for endo.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    The hoarder within me is flinching at the thought of turning in these Ayatan statues.

• Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Just an FYI for the op; yes you can carry the toxin while in Archwing, kinda important because it appears you can easily be ask to lug it to opposite sides of the plains.

How?

I picked up the toxin, ran back to the surface, called down the archwing, took off, looked dowrn forlornly at the canister sitting unloved on the ground. Flew back down, tried to interact with it, no dice, hopped off my glider buddy, picked it up, sighed, began running the klick to the next location.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

How?

I picked up the toxin, ran back to the surface, called down the archwing, took off, looked dowrn forlornly at the canister sitting unloved on the ground. Flew back down, tried to interact with it, no dice, hopped off my glider buddy, picked it up, sighed, began running the klick to the next location.

Only thing that comes to mind as a possible why would be if you don't have a secondary equipped and the game won't let you go into archwing without a weapon so it autoswaps you to your primary and drops the toxin. Because I have absolutely been able to carry the toxin in archwing. Dunno about picking it up while in wings but definitely transitioning while holding.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

How?

Make sure you have something that can be one-handed in your secondary slot, because that's what archwing defaults to.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    That would be it.

Edit: though I could swear I had my Secura Lecta equipped at the time, but I guess it explicitly wants a Secondary weapon.

Forar on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I never really unlocked a riven before, had one for 60 finishers so spent an hour or so trying to sneak around and backstab things. Finally completed my first rifle riven, excited to see what gun its for.

The fucking Deth Cube Sentinel's machine gun? Are you goddamn serious.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I went out on the plains for the first time last night (Ps4) and it was meh. Not being able to tell what is buggy versus just poorly designed makes it hard to judge with complete accuracy but it felt like one more grind. I jumped straight to the highest level bounty and after being told I failed it on two separate occasions, completed it with ease. The lack of way point back to Cetus once you complete a bounty seems like an oversight, the fact that you have to constantly make charges for your archwing, far too many players per instance at Cetus for the game to handle, and the lack of stuff to do makes me wonder what the point is? I did like the terrain, the caves, the missions that just appear, and the overall look of the plains. I just don't really see the point. I will give it some more time and see if it grows in me though.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I went out on the plains for the first time last night (Ps4) and it was meh. Not being able to tell what is buggy versus just poorly designed makes it hard to judge with complete accuracy but it felt like one more grind. I jumped straight to the highest level bounty and after being told I failed it on two separate occasions, completed it with ease. The lack of way point back to Cetus once you complete a bounty seems like an oversight, the fact that you have to constantly make charges for your archwing, far too many players per instance at Cetus for the game to handle, and the lack of stuff to do makes me wonder what the point is? I did like the terrain, the caves, the missions that just appear, and the overall look of the plains. I just don't really see the point. I will give it some more time and see if it grows in me though.

I think the thing that exacerbates all of the issues is that it is just so disconnected from the rest of the game. So unlike the rest of the game where you feel like you are more or less progressing a bunch of things at once in a unified fashion. On the plains you feel like you are hitting pause on the rest of your progression just to progress in that one area, which makes all the other issues that much more aggravating. It doesn't help that the fix for bounties hasn't been pushed out yet, where you can still do them for 20+ minutes and come out with a vitality mod...

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    uh... what progression? o_o

I mean, once you do the quests it's pretty much space murderhobo adventures

• Options
    What's the fix for bounties?

• Options

reward table drops after each stage, instead of only at the end.

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Man I need to find more shotgun mods. Kohm has more or less become my favorite gun in the game now, and I really need to get more stuff to toss into it. Mostly elemental/status mods.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

reward table drops after each stage, instead of only at the end.

Awesome, thanks.
    korodullin wrote: »
    Man I need to find more shotgun mods. Kohm has more or less become my favorite gun in the game now, and I really need to get more stuff to toss into it. Mostly elemental/status mods.
    Shotguns seem OP as I play more. My Tigris Prime has ridiculous damage.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »

Kohm quickly became the weapon I use the most after I got a lucky riven from a sortie. If you're on pc I may have some spares of what you need.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    So we finally have some Zaw arcanes that are super cool and useful. Better stock up on these blueprints while we can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYosmcDt08I

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I have a 5 forma Hek, and I think I'm still missing some of the combined mods, but man that thing is hecking awesome.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Space Knights of Arcadia has finished the Infested boss research. Get it while it's hot!

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

Progression meaning the gaining of various universally useful resources, working towards collecting certain blueprints etc. Everywhere else other than the Plains you focus on one particularly needed thing and gain other things tangentially. On the plains that is minimized considerably by having 90% of everything there feed into its own exclusive reward loop.

Edit- Which is fine if you are a well established player with a giant stockpile of resources, all the frames etc etc. For anyone relatively new however it presents you with a weird sophie's choice of "experience the new open world style content" or ignore it in favor of the rest of the game because of how those systems and resources go together.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    squall99x wrote: »

Progression meaning the gaining of various universally useful resources, working towards collecting certain blueprints etc. Everywhere else other than the Plains you focus on one particularly needed thing and gain other things tangentially. On the plains that is minimized considerably by having 90% of everything there feed into its own exclusive reward loop.

Edit- Which is fine if you are a well established player with a giant stockpile of resources, all the frames etc etc. For anyone relatively new however it presents you with a weird sophie's choice of "experience the new open world style content" or ignore it in favor of the rest of the game because of how those systems and resources go together.

Are you suggesting that Earth materials don't drop in the plains, or that a person who spends all of their time in the plains would not have the materials that would otherwise drop outside of the plains (or Earth) because that's really no different than if a new player only ever went to one place or another.

If I stay in this region I will only ever get things particular to that region is hardly a Sophie's Choice scenario.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I have a 5 forma Hek, and I think I'm still missing some of the combined mods, but man that thing is hecking awesome.
    If I get a Hek Riven, does it also work for the Vay Hek?

This discussion has been closed.