The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Calling 2018 Cosplayers!

MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
I've been a PAX East cosplayer since 2012! Something I look forward to every year and put a lot of work into. This year I am currently pregnant and expecting very early in March... My husband and I got Saturday passes in hopes that I will be up for at least one day of PAX as I cant imagine a year without PAX East! That being said .... I might be living vicariously through your cosplays this year!

So give me the details! Who are you cosplaying as?

Also if there are any people new to cosplay in general or just new to cosplay at PAX East feel free to ask questions! We have to support each other!

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    edited November 10
    I'm still trying to decide. Some ideas I have so far:
    • Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel - I already have most of this completed
    • Symmetra from Overwatch
    • Eshe from Sundered - Not sure what materials to use?
      OO4M3dz.gif

builderr0r on
    steam_sig.png
  • VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of doing Crono (Chrono Trigger) and Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening), if anyone else is doing someone from those games.

Wishes he could change his username
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of cosplaying this year, just haven't decided on what. It'd be my first Cosplay in 18 years. Doing this thing lately where I get back in touch with bits of me that I lost along the way to 33.

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of cosplaying this year, just haven't decided on what. It'd be my first Cosplay in 18 years. Doing this thing lately where I get back in touch with bits of me that I lost along the way to 33.

You should definitely go for it! And you have plenty of time to plan. :)

steam_sig.png
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing Crono (Chrono Trigger) and Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening), if anyone else is doing someone from those games.

I'd love to know if anyone else is doing someone from Fire Emblem especially.

• UnakiUnaki Registered User new member
    One currently planned cosplay, another already done and confirmed. The Red Mage from FF14 (Done) and the Zinogre Z armor set from Monster Hunter.

• Princess_KaylinPrincess_Kaylin Registered User new member
    I am going as Princess Celica but I am trying to bug my boyfriend into wearing his Prince Alm costume instead of his Captain N The Gamemaster costume.

• Evie AppleEvie Apple Registered User regular
    So excited! I'm going all Arkane this year. The Outsider from Dishonored on Friday, and Morgan Yu from Prey on Saturday. Still deciding on Sunday but maybe that's casual day. :)

• MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »

You should definitely go for it! And you have plenty of time to plan. :)

I agree!!! You really should. I like what you are doing, getting back in touch with pieces of you.

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

builderr0r
    I am going as Princess Celica but I am trying to bug my boyfriend into wearing his Prince Alm costume instead of his Captain N The Gamemaster costume.

I still need to play Echoes. Came out at a busy time for me but now I still need to get it.

• ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Registered User regular
    edited November 11
    Alright, well, can anyone give me some idea based on my face? I was leaning towards Cassidy from Preacher, or Mr. Edward Nygma himself.

I cant think of any gaming characters I think I can pull off, and this is no disrespect to other cosplayers (you do you), but I personally, for myself preferred cosplaying characters I resembled, when I was younger I had long crazy black hair, so I would make it all poofy and pompy and go out as Spike Spiegel, or let it flow and be Alucard.
    SY3z3Hq.jpg

ZeroHourHero on
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I saw the following image a few weeks ago, and have since picked up all the parts I need to convert my Green Ranger cosplay into the new form.
    I'll probably pick up a fabric version of the Dragon Shield shoulder pads as they'll be easier to maneuver in, and won't be as terrible to travel with as the massive foam ones I currently have.
    89c29496a7321535347c742386945211.jpg

• Nara_HaleNara_Hale Registered User new member
    I'll only be there Sunday, but I'll probably go as Joker from Persona 5, or Yukiko from Persona 4! I have both cosplays, and I've never worn Yukiko to a con before, but Joker is a little more fun!

• MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Alright, well, can anyone give me some idea based on my face? I was leaning towards Cassidy from Preacher, or Mr. Edward Nygma himself.

I cant think of any gaming characters I think I can pull off, and this is no disrespect to other cosplayers (you do you), but I personally, for myself preferred cosplaying characters I resembled, when I was younger I had long crazy black hair, so I would make it all poofy and pompy and go out as Spike Spiegel, or let it flow and be Alucard.
    SY3z3Hq.jpg

I think either two you said would work. I will ask my husband about other game type recommendations. He's better at it then I am! I just make them haha.

signature.png