As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Russia/US investigation thread] - Mueller seeks to question Trump

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Jeff Sessions testifies today...

is it a closed session or an open one?

Very droll, but yes, it's supposed to be an open sessions.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    News sources think it is trade related. I think Trump doesn't even know.

So he's going to promote it as some big huge amazing thing that's going to be So Great For America Believe Me, but it'll turn out like that big China deal he "structured" a few months back that he made an equally big fuss about but was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better for China than the US (China was allowed to open banks in the US, and we agreed in exchange to.....export more beef to them)

I assume though that the beef will be sold to them via The Sharper Image, so it's all good.

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Since he’s trying to stall and obfuscate things, could we refer to these hearings as jam Sessions?

...sorry.

latest?cb=20150404041140

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    I've been dreading the day when the witch hunt against Clinton started. I thought it would've already happened, and probably the only thing that delayed it was Trump's laziness and stupidity/early dementia.

At this point, I'm not, honestly. He's burned through whatever political capital he had, and pushing to jail your opponent a year out from midterms is pants on head.

• Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    I've been dreading the day when the witch hunt against Clinton started. I thought it would've already happened, and probably the only thing that delayed it was Trump's laziness and stupidity/early dementia.

At this point, I'm not, honestly. He's burned through whatever political capital he had, and pushing to jail your opponent a year out from midterms is pants on head.

Why crazy? He ran on jailing her. He has to deliver or his fascist base will get bored.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    What is he going on and on about?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options

Why crazy? He ran on jailing her. He has to deliver or his fascist base will get bored.

It's not about the dead enders who were never going to budge. It's about inflaming his soft/hard opposition and suppressing his soft support.

• Options
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular

It's not about the dead enders who were never going to budge.

They are never going to budge, but a lot of these people are not regular voters. They are too fascist/racist/poor for the regular Republican party to appeal very much, but Trump got them fired up. They hate the Republican establishment and want to burn the system down. They are quite willing to not vote anyone, should Trump not deliver Clinton in a guillotine (or at least look like he will.)

• Options
    i dont remember the meeting

But i believe what i wanted to say was....

So you cant recall but are willing to 'guess' your response?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    "I don't recall this meeting, but I do remember pushing back and shooting down Papadopolus's idea to collude with Russia...at this meeting I can't remember"

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

It's not about the dead enders who were never going to budge.

They are never going to budge, but a lot of these people are not regular voters. They are too fascist/racist/poor for the regular Republican party to appeal very much, but Trump got them fired up. They hate the Republican establishment and want to burn the system down. They are quite willing to not vote anyone, should Trump not deliver Clinton in a guillotine (or at least look like he will.)

They aren't going to even out the support he loses or the opposition it energizes. It's a petty, shortsighted strategy with terrible long term prospects, thus, they'll dive right in.

• Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    i dont remember the meeting

But i believe what i wanted to say was....

So you cant recall but are willing to 'guess' your response?

I expect a couple of hours of people demonstrating to him how and when he changed his answers. It won't matter, because the rule of law is dead, but it might be a little cathartic at least.

Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
  • Options
    guns? we start with guns?

• Options
    Oh and hillary. better go after her too.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Hillary, Lynch, and Comey after fluffing Sessions on guns...

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    guns? we start with guns?

This part is theater, those are PR soundbites.

• Options
    The leakers are the problem...and now immigration...

Goodlatte is living up to his name...

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    HE PUT A RACIAL SLUR IN HIS TWITTER SLIDES

:D

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

wait, what?!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

wait, what?!

Conyers is asking about Trump demanding prosecution of his political enemies over Twitter, which included a Pocahontas tweet.

• Options
    You have a good point but you are just not doing it right and it hurts

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Slortex wrote: »

Woo- aww.

House shmouse. Wake me up next time he's getting his daily affirmation of purgery.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

Unfortunately a move like this is typically beneficial politically to Republicans. Maybe it backfires in the long run since Hillary is not in any office but Congressional Republicans love wasting tens of millions on investigating her and FOX News is going to eat this shit up.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    God Damn, Conyers just cannot do anything. Too old And slow to deal with a 5 minute limit

• Options
    We need age limits.

• Options
    If your elected official cannot be succinct in a 5 minute window he cannot represent you properly.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I mean, Sessions abusing the english language to string along yes or no into thirty+ seconds of faff certainly isn't helpful either.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    If your elected official cannot be succinct in a 5 minute window he cannot represent you properly.

Got played by Sessions into wasting more time re-asking the same question several times and everything.

I know someone I hope gets primaried...

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular

More to the point, he's a hamfisted authoritarian who probably isn't just saying things like that to score points. He might not be able to follow through depending on the rest of the system, but if someone like him says he wants to jail political opponents, believe he genuinely wants to make it happen, independently of whether it makes political sense to.

Believe the autocrat.

• Options
    here we go

• Options
    edited November 2017
    here comes the trap

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    Well, this is kind of game. Everything will be "I don't recall".

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Please don't post thoughts without context - let us know what is happening . "here we go" is meaningless to someone not watching now or reading the thread later on.

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Please don't post thoughts without context - let us know what is happening . "here we go" is meaningless to someone not watching now or reading the thread later on.

Nadler is forcing yes or nos- he was pushing hard.

everything is "I dont recall"

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Nadler also didn't let Sessions ramble on, wasting time

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    For those of us unable to stream, any details are appreciated!

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Objection representative from Ohio; leading the witness

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Do I want to watch this or will I end up stabbing myself in the face with an ice pick?

If it were anyone but Sessions, I'd probably tune in, but I just know he's going to slimeball his way through the whole thing and I'm not sure I can handle that.

This discussion has been closed.