As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Like most characters, Meg actually can end up pretty decent if you put in a lot of effort..but who'd ever do that, really? On my first playthrough, she got mauled by one of the tigers on the map she's introduced and I didn't bother resetting.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i gave a bunch of people flying class alts to give me more fliers for some maps.
    will probably do that on my ng+ deer run also.

I am so tempted to use my past supports to speed recruit some people but have resisted to far. I did bump my professor rank to give more points and adjuants though.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Close Counter and Bowrange +2 on top of move 8 as a mounted unit is ridiculous. It feels unfair to most other classes. Warmaster Caspar is wandering around on foot trying to get right next to enemies with his axe and Bernadetta just snipes them from anywhere on the map.

Don't forget Deadeye once you get enough hit that it becomes really useable. Talk about sniping across the map...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    also, I'm surprised I don't see as much fanart for Petra. And why Dorothea is always the first most deployed unit.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    also, I'm surprised I don't see as much fanart for Petra. And why Dorothea is always the first most deployed unit.

You are surprised the pretty bisexual character is the most deployed? :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Addendum: With one of the best spell lists in the game.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yeah holy crap I got meteor and it's amazing.

Also (aside from Dorothea) I love anyone with warp, it's so useful. Glad I'm maining Lysithea and Linhardt.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Also: One of the best written characters in the game with one of the best group of supports.

• Options

Also: One of the best written characters in the game with one of the best group of supports.

I got her C rank with Lorenz last night and yeah, it keeps up her pattern of being the best (in how she absolutely destroys him).

I think it's safe to say she's generally the most mature of the students.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I am so, so happy they decided to write actual characters this time instead of Fates' cardboard cutout anime tropes substituting for personalities, like "big boob older sister who says 'ara ara' a lot"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I am so, so happy they decided to write actual characters this time instead of Fates' cardboard cutout anime tropes substituting for personalities, like "big boob older sister who says 'ara ara' a lot"

Characters are still mostly introduced as cliches, but they use that a baseline before adding detail. Sylvain is a good example of it, I think. He's much more interesting when you get the reasons behind his womanizing.

• Options

I got her C rank with Lorenz last night and yeah, it keeps up her pattern of being the best (in how she absolutely destroys him).

Her a rank with Bernie is great. Basically she nonchalantly says she will fuck anyone up who messes with her so it's cool

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

Her a rank with Bernie is great. Basically she nonchalantly says she will fuck anyone up who messes with her so it's cool

B rank. But it does feel like way more of an A rank. Which Dorothea doesn't actually have with Bernadetta for some inexplicable reason.

• Options
    edited September 2019

B rank. But it does feel like way more of an A rank. Which Dorothea doesn't actually have with Bernadetta for some inexplicable reason.

Because they can't get married. A ranks are semi randomly paired up in the credits. It's super weird.

(also despite this, I had a pair up of Edelgard/Bernadetta which.. I don't think Bernie is a lesbian option? It was weird...)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Because they can't get married. A ranks are semi randomly paired up in the credits. It's super weird.

(also despite this, I had a pair up of Edelgard/Bernadetta which.. I don't think Bernie is a lesbian option? It was weird...)

A ranks are not strictly romantic options.

For example Lysithea/Hanneman ending
    Hanneman eventually researches a way to remove her crests, saving her life. She becomes his apprentice and goes on to become a legendary crestologist.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

A ranks are not strictly romantic options.

For example Lysithea/Hanneman ending
    Hanneman eventually researches a way to remove her crests, saving her life. She becomes his apprentice and goes on to become a legendary crestologist.

Ahhh

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Man, Verdant Winds is a lot longer than Crimson Flower. I'd almost say that it's too long and Crimson Flower was too short. I'm kinda running out of meaningful things to do, whereas in Crimson Flower I don't think anyone reached S rank in any of their skills, for example.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Man, Verdant Winds is a lot longer than Crimson Flower. I'd almost say that it's too long and Crimson Flower was too short. I'm kinda running out of meaningful things to do, whereas in Crimson Flower I don't think anyone reached S rank in any of their skills, for example.

As far as I've heard, Crimson Flower is the only one that is super short. It feels like a rushed route. Missing so many cinematics too :(

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Which is ridiculous. (big spoilers)
    As the only vastly different route, it needed more development and story scenes, not less.

I'm not done with it yet but so far everything has been one quick sentence of explanation and a still image. Rhea transforms into a huge beast...in a single drawing, not giving a good impression of the scale or shape or how it all happens or what happens as a result of it. Everyone says "watch out professor" and the screen fades to black with no cutscene, 5 years pass and I guess I wash up on shore? Edelgard says "humanity has been ruled by creatures who pretend they are humans for centuries!" and that's literally all we get. I need details.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    As the only vastly different route, it needed more development and story scenes, not less.

I'm not done with it yet but so far everything has been one quick sentence of explanation and a still image. Rhea transforms into a huge beast...in a single drawing, not giving a good impression of the scale or shape or how it all happens or what happens as a result of it. Everyone says "watch out professor" and the screen fades to black with no cutscene, 5 years pass and I guess I wash up on shore? Edelgard says "humanity has been ruled by creatures who pretend they are humans for centuries!" and that's literally all we get. I need details.
    Yeah, obviously they can't use the cutscene the other routes get, but it would have been nice to have like... transformation and everyone runs as a quick thing or something.

• Options

Yeah, obviously they can't use the cutscene the other routes get, but it would have been nice to have like... transformation and everyone runs as a quick thing or something.
    Having not seen them yet (I am sooooo close to that point on blue lions), I'm a little surprised they couldn't at least chop them up a bit. Maybe take Byleth out of them so you can't see he/she is on the "wrong side" of things. Anything to at least get SOME kind of cutscenes...

• Options

Having not seen them yet (I am sooooo close to that point on blue lions), I'm a little surprised they couldn't at least chop them up a bit. Maybe take Byleth out of them so you can't see he/she is on the "wrong side" of things. Anything to at least get SOME kind of cutscenes...
    Why not just go for broke and make a unique cutscene? Not even necessarily for that part. Give us one at a different point to make up for a lack of it. Maybe a storybook/history type scene of Edelgard explaining the history of beasts ruling the church/humanity as it was explained to her. As it is I've got like one throwaway line that apparently my character is throwing herself behind wholeheartedly.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I played Crimson Flower first and just hit this spot in Blue Lions and my reaction was "wait, where was this awesome cut scene before?!?"

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    So Lorenz's sole redeeming value is that his paralogue gives you a horrifyingly OP magic staff for Lysithea I guess?

Because holy shit that thing is insane.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Just scraped my way through month 11, I think?
    I think I'm going to replay it. I was one turn away from either stealing a dark seal from the Death Knight, or just outright killing him. I could have done it in my last turn, but his 15% crit chance kept killing Byleth, and I didn't have anyone else who could even theoretically survive a hit from him.
    Then Jeralt decides to run up and steal my boss kill. I've been spoiled for what's going to happen to him, and right now I'm all for it.

Is there any other source for dark seals besides Mr Skull Face? Or a way to keep ally units from ruining my perfect tactical genius?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    klemming wrote: »
    I think I'm going to replay it. I was one turn away from either stealing a dark seal from the Death Knight, or just outright killing him. I could have done it in my last turn, but his 15% crit chance kept killing Byleth, and I didn't have anyone else who could even theoretically survive a hit from him.
    Then Jeralt decides to run up and steal my boss kill. I've been spoiled for what's going to happen to him, and right now I'm all for it.

Is there any other source for dark seals besides Mr Skull Face? Or a way to keep ally units from ruining my perfect tactical genius?
    The only source of Dark Seals are from the Death Knight. You can steal or loot one every time you face him, but you will only face him a limited number of times based on your route. (minimum of 3 no matter what, total maximum of I think 6 based on route chosen.)

Donnicton on
  • Options

The only source of Dark Seals are from the Death Knight. You can steal or loot one every time you face him, but you will only face him a limited number of times based on your route. (minimum of 3 no matter what, total maximum of I think 6 based on route chosen.)

Yeah, it sounds like I really want to go back and get that seal, then. Hubert's due a promotion.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Generally for fights with Allies I would bring Flayn with Rescue and keep pulling them back to the start so that they stop fucking literally everything up for me. Allies are, to a one, awful in this game.

• Options

Generally for fights with Allies I would bring Flayn with Rescue and keep pulling them back to the start so that they stop fucking literally everything up for me. Allies are, to a one, awful in this game.
    Unfortunately, my Flayn had to get on a pegasus even though she's too weak to be useful in a fight, in order to get to a chest.
    I may have to reclass her back and find another way to reach the chest.

I read an LP that said that Fire Emblem's AI is designed to inconvenience you the player, rather than the enemy army. If they can suicide themselves against a vastly superior force so you don't get an item for saving them, they will. If they can steal xp, they will. Enemy thieves will steal valuable items than let your allies kill them so you can't steal them back.

• Options

Unfortunately, my Flayn had to get on a pegasus even though she's too weak to be useful in a fight, in order to get to a chest.
    I may have to reclass her back and find another way to reach the chest.

I read an LP that said that Fire Emblem's AI is designed to inconvenience you the player, rather than the enemy army. If they can suicide themselves against a vastly superior force so you don't get an item for saving them, they will. If they can steal xp, they will. Enemy thieves will steal valuable items than let your allies kill them so you can't steal them back.

that actually doesn't surprise me, and lot of my strategy for allied maps is to body block by taking up good movement spots.

can you trade with an allied unit that isn't under your direct command? i would guess no based on that last point

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Trying to decide if this is real or not...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/d6uhg5/possible_leaks_for_future_dlc_content_english/?st=k0s8wxie&sh=ceec5ea6
    As translated on GameFAQs:

3rd Wave:

Free DLC
    • New playable unit: Jeritza (only on certain routes)
    • New support conversations
    • New activities
    • New online features

Paid DLC
    • New playable unit: Anna
    • New monastery facilities
    • New online features
    • New quests (around 10)
    • New activities: Sauna, Playing with Dogs and Cats
    • New costumes: Maid, Butler, and others
    • New battalions: Maid, Butler

4th Wave:

Paid DLC
    • New sidestory: Abyss Mode?
    • New playable characters: Juris, Balthazar, Constanze, Javi
    • New support conversations
    • New monastery facilities
    • New online features
    • New classes (4)
    • New enemy monsters
    • New Hero Relics
    • New paralogues
    • New quests
    • New battalions
    • New gambits
    • New costumes: MByleth, FByleth, Sothis costumes

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It's definitely plausible but I wouldn't treat it as confirmed

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    It's definitely plausible but I wouldn't treat it as confirmed

Yeah, it's a little fishy to me. But from what I can tell looking at the reddit thread, it seems to be from some Japanese guide that is supposed to release tomorrow. If that is the case, I guess it should be easy enough to verify soon enough.

• Options
    Maid outfits sound just anime enough to be believable, considering DLC for previous entries has literally been a Bride class.

• Options
    Maid outfits sound just anime enough to be believable, considering DLC for previous entries has literally been a Bride class.

Honestly I found that to be the most believable thing on the list :P Don't forget there's literally a maid class in Fates :P

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So that's all the DLC? No 5th route?

• Options
    Considering the price of the dlc pass I never expected a whole new route

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Considering the price of the dlc pass I never expected a whole new route

I hadn't visualized it as a separate route though that could make a lot of sense now that I think about it but a $25 pass with only one story dlc needs to have a considerable story addition to be worth it for a lot of people.

• Options
    It depends what the ten extra missions in wave 3 are. If they’re mostly just the “rout the bandits” type of side quests then that’s a bummer. But if they end up more like paralogues or so,etching similar, that’d be alright.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I think basing what the Three Houses story DLC might be on what the story DLC for Awakening/Fates/Shadows was probably isn't gonna work out, but I'm gonna do it anyway!
    I'm predicting those ten missions will be a prequel or side-story kind of thing fleshing out the backstory. I'm gonna go and guess it'll be the story of Seiros and Nemesis.

This discussion has been closed.