As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Finished Verdant Winds yesterday. Since there's a ton of games coming out in the next couple of months, it'll likely be a while till I can get back to this and do the other two routes (I'll likely wait till all the DLC is out). I definitely wanna try Maddening, but I don't quite know yet how I'll approach it. I'm leaning towards doing it for my Blue Lions playthrough, possibly on a regular New Game for the biggest challenge possible. Then I'll finish with the other Black Eagles route during which I wanna recruit absolutely everyone (I limited myself to three characters per route so far).

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    This is not spoilers but me mentioning the thing might allow for predicting of the spoilers, so spoiler tag anyways:
    Me: I have a suspicion about Saint Cethleann and I want to Google her statue to see what what it looks like. I better use Google images just in case Google not images has spoilers
    <proceeds to be spoiled to hell by Google images>

*SIGH*

At least I had already figured it out :/

Now if only the game would fucking stop dancing around it...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    This is not spoilers but me mentioning the thing might allow for predicting of the spoilers, so spoiler tag anyways:
    Me: I have a suspicion about Saint Cethleann and I want to Google her statue to see what what it looks like. I better use Google images just in case Google not images has spoilers

*SIGH*

The game will never stop dancing around it. While also making it incredibly obvious.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Fliers only being able to equip flying adjutants and battalions maybe makes sense mechanically, but man is it inconvenient for unlocking supports and such.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Fliers only being able to equip flying adjutants and battalions maybe make sense mechanically, but man is it inconvenient for unlocking supports and such.

You would think they could just ride on the pegasus with you :3

*SIGH*

The game will never stop dancing around it. While also making it incredibly obvious.

I can only assume at some point the game will explicitly state it.
    You would think the A support with Flayn would, but nope. Maybe the Flayn/Seteth support. Or maybe the Flayn/Linhardt one which is what sparked the question in the first place (that thing is not subtle in any way whatsoever)

Side note, anyone else annoyed she calls him brother in literally every instance, even when they are alone?

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The Master classes being almost entirely mounted made them basically unobtainable for me, especially with riding and flying not being a teachable skill. Looks like this pile of master crests is mostly useless. M

I really wanted some flyers too. Oh well.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    The Master classes being almost entirely mounted made them basically unobtainable for me, especially with riding and flying not being a teachable skill. Looks like this pile of master crests is mostly useless. M

They are annoying. You kinda sorta need to plan out early and start pumping riding or flying on the characters you want. The group tasks I think are meant as a boost to this.

As a side note, they are learnable skills. You automatically get flying/riding/armor by fighting in one of those classes. So if you want a rider, make the person a cav early on. They'll build up riding skill automatically in battle.

I do hope the DLC adds some better master classes though. I still feel like there flat out aren't class paths in Master for certain unit types. (the gender restrictions are also annoying as shit and I wish they'd just dump them... I'm ok with like, one class being restricted for each - like Pegasus Rider exclusive to female for example. But there's no reason women shouldn't be able to be Heroes or Dark Mages for example...)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Both Byleth and students can be directly taught in armor/riding/flying though? I'm not following.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Both Byleth and students can be directly taught in armor/riding/flying though? I'm not following.

I assumed he meant taught, like by using a weapon to get skill in it. But yeah, you can directly teach in those too. And I think the group tasks are there too since they are a bit harder to boost than other stuff.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    students can have them as their goal, you teach them and they also have group tasks though seriously, 2 people is not a group. you need 3 to be a group.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

They are annoying. You kinda sorta need to plan out early and start pumping riding or flying on the characters you want. The group tasks I think are meant as a boost to this.

As a side note, they are learnable skills. You automatically get flying/riding/armor by fighting in one of those classes. So if you want a rider, make the person a cav early on. They'll build up riding skill automatically in battle.

I do hope the DLC adds some better master classes though. I still feel like there flat out aren't class paths in Master for certain unit types. (the gender restrictions are also annoying as shit and I wish they'd just dump them... I'm ok with like, one class being restricted for each - like Pegasus Rider exclusive to female for example. But there's no reason women shouldn't be able to be Heroes or Dark Mages for example...)

Not allowing males to class into Gremory is annoying as fuck.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Jesus, nearly had a panic attack. I went to go give roses to Lorenz only to realize... Shit, where is Lorenz? I thought I had somehow lost him on a map without realizing or something. No, apparently he just doesn't come back with literally everyone else in the Blue Lions route? K game.

Side note, Linhardt/Flayn B support:
    Laying it on a bit thick game?
    Like, at this point why have you not just said the thing? Stop dancing around it!
    "I can assure you Saint Cethleann is... errr WAS unmarried." "Yes, I am definitely not a descendant of Saint Cethleann.." Yes Flayn, we get it.

I'm just glad I figured it out before the internet spoiled me, despite the game kind of shouting it (to be fair, it wasn't immediately obvious WHAT was up with her.. Just that something was.. I just assumed dragon, which honestly is probably still true..)

Interesting they aren't broadcasting Seteth's secret nearly so loudly. That said, I mean, you just have to read the statue descriptions for Cethleann and Cichol... Cute that they don't give you the best view of his face :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Jesus, nearly had a panic attack. I went to go give roses to Lorenz only to realize... Shit, where is Lorenz? I thought I had somehow lost him on a map without realizing or something. No, apparently he just doesn't come back with literally everyone else in the Blue Lions route? K game.

Like, at this point why have you not just said the thing? Stop dancing around it!
    "I can assure you Saint Cethleann is... errr WAS unmarried." "Yes, I am definitely not a descendant of Saint Cethleann.." Yes Flayn, we get it.

I'm just glad I figured it out before the internet spoiled me, despite the game kind of shouting it (to be fair, it wasn't immediately obvious WHAT was up with her.. Just that something was.. I just assumed dragon, which honestly is probably still true..)

Interesting they aren't broadcasting Seteth's secret nearly so loudly. That said, I mean, you just have to read the statue descriptions for Cethleann and Cichol... Cute that they don't give you the best view of his face :P
    As far as I know, only one support outright says it
    Flayn and Seteth's support

Ashe disappeared on me the same way, on the Golden Deer route. I didn't even notice he was gone until I got a chance to get him back. Maybe the same will happen with Lorenz?

• Options
    edited September 2019

Ashe disappeared on me the same way, on the Golden Deer route. I didn't even notice he was gone until I got a chance to get him back. Maybe the same will happen with Lorenz?

I think it will. I started googling "After the blue lions timeskip where is" and it auto completed Lorenz, so it was apparently a common thing :P I guess Ashe must be the Golden Deer equivalent. Weird that EVERYONE stayed for Black Eagles, maybe church route is different... (also assuming Lorenz is gone because of his family's allegience, funny that all the black eagles I recruited are there before he is... lol)

I was just freaked out because I didn't notice and then I thought maybe I had gotten him killed somehow when I skipped an enemy phase or something (which wouldn't have happened because it doesn't skip showing the death, but I wasn't thinking straight at the time :P)

Edit:

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular

I think it will. I started googling "After the blue lions timeskip where is" and it auto completed Lorenz, so it was apparently a common thing :P I guess Ashe must be the Golden Deer equivalent. Weird that EVERYONE stayed for Black Eagles, maybe church route is different... (also assuming Lorenz is gone because of his family's allegience, funny that all the black eagles I recruited are there before he is... lol)

I was just freaked out because I didn't notice and then I thought maybe I had gotten him killed somehow when I skipped an enemy phase or something (which wouldn't have happened because it doesn't skip showing the death, but I wasn't thinking straight at the time :P)

Edit:

Flayn doesn't stay for the Black Eagles.

• Options
    Huh? I wasn't talking about Flayn...

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular

You said that everyone stayed for Black Eagles. Flayn doesn't. :)

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Durinia wrote: »

Depends on choices during the story.

• Options

I meant all the other house people I recruited.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Whew. Verdant Wind clear, which means all paths clear, Hard/Casual (no deaths anyways).

And oh god I would not want to fight that final boss without Luna or the like. Bastard has WAY too much defense (I curbstomped the whole rest of the map, but I almost regretted not grinding more levels instead of spamming seminar to rush the last month).

If I was going to do Maddening without NG+... hmm. Probably Silver Snow as the route.
    The downside is I don't have a lord for act 2. But it lets me avoid what I have to assume would be utter nightmares of final bosses in Azure Moon and Verdant Wind. Though Azure Moon might not be TOO bad if you can switch modes quickly on it... that map just has some high end bullshit and Verdant Wind's boss is, again, oh god I don't want to deal with those defenses.

And Crimson Flower... hmm. Might not be TOO bad, because Edelgard is a monster, but that final map is no joke (not the boss, the map).

Polaritie on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Made it to the last explore day in Chapter 7 on my NG+ with a few outstanding students, so I bumped the last 4 up to A rank and recruited them directly without waiting for them to ask. Good luck in the Battle of the Eagle and Lion, other Lords!

• Options
    Its really weird and not sure if I am just more aware of things or actively doing something different

Doing a new game+, and I feel like at least up to the month of the Lion and eagle battle I barely had any lost items that I picked up. It seems like only this month or last that I had over 4 or so.

Also, support levels are weird too. I jumped to B rank for a couple of people really quickly. Where as others are no ranks at all. I am sure this is me focusing a bit more than last time but it definitely seems different.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Hit the timeskip for the first time, playing Golden Deer.

Damn. Damn.

How I feel:
    zozrewa8ewp1.jpg

Also how I feel:
    x423buk28sny.jpg

Enc on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    For those who like D&D:
    picra7ewtyn31.png

• Options
    OMG Petra is PERFECT in that.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Edited that for you..
    OMG Petra is PERFECT.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    I’m finally almost to the end of Verdant Wind

Man do things get weird when the dubstep starts playing

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    My first playthrough was Crimson Flower and now on my Azure Moon run I'm finally realizing how short the other one was. Any idea why they did that?

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    My first playthrough was Crimson Flower and now on my Azure Moon run I'm finally realizing how short the other one was. Any idea why they did that?

The consensus appears to be that Crimson Flower was supposed to be kind of a hidden, bonus route, not one of main three routes. After all, to get it you have to fulfil certain requirements that you the game never tells you about and if you fail to meet them, you automatically go Silver Snow.

As far as I know, Intelligent Systems haven't actually said anything about why Crimson Flower is shorter.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

I'd guess the split route was a very late addition.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Maybe they expected everyone to pick Waifu House first and want players to play again so they keep it short?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    yea, I am doing a NG+ with GD and I am liking Claude far more than I thought I would. I have to say, I think the character development has been spot on for the game. I have grown attached to pretty much everyone so far, even Lorenz. I mean everyone except Ignatz. I find him annoying, but somehow he has become an amazing archer for me. He never misses even when he is shooting from like across the map. I don't think I have seen his hit chance drop below 90 once. Stat growth is weird.

I think I hit the spot where my cannons have come online. Lysithea started blasting everyone where as before she would miss or not OHKO. Marianne is a beast and can take a hit then drop the punishment. Petra who I recruited a month ago is finally killing things in one round.

So far I have recruited Sylvain, Petra and Dorothea. I pretty much have Caspar as well but he hasn't asked to join. Last game I collected as many as I could but I don't know if I am doing that again. I loved Bernie but already have so many Archers and i relied heavily on Ingrid and Felix last game.

I am not sure how I am going to go classwise for people

Sylvain - maybe great knight or holy knight again
    Petra - Assassin again probably
    Hilda - not sure. I had her as a wyvern lord last game, but might go fortress or warrior. seems limited in terms of melee female classes
    Caspar/Ralph Warmaster punch brothers
    Lorenz probably Dark Knight
    Marianne - was originally thinking mortal savant or gremory. Kind of wish the flying classes could use magic. Maybe if I go for LInhardt again she can go that way
    Lysithia, mortal savant or gremory depending on her speed
    Ignatz - he seems to want to be an assassin so sure why not.
    Dorothea is going to be my Dancer
    Leonie - bow knight again

and I am missing someone

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I feel like Crimson Flower being shorter than the others might be a DLC hook, if the theorized secret fifth route is for real, because I imagine it being a variation on Crimson Flower.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Hilda is a wrecking-ball fortress knight in mine. Mrs. Enc likes to watch this game, and will start chanting "HILDA! HILDA!" when her turn comes. She's a fan favorite here.

She has also asked me to turn on permadeath so we get rid of Lorenz at the start of whatever play-through I do next.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Hilda is a wrecking-ball fortress knight in mine. Mrs. Enc likes to watch this game, and will start chanting "HILDA! HILDA!" when her turn comes. She's a fan favorite here.

She has also asked me to turn on permadeath so we get rid of Lorenz at the start of whatever play-through I do next.

noooo lorenz is actually mostly okay but you gotta drill through those supports

ferdinand is still the better lorenz though, for sure

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So I have to spend an entire game until he is redeemable? Even then, how much does he grow as a person? I know epilogue-wise he is a fantastic lord, from a governing sense, despite being a cringe-worthy nerd forever.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I really liked Lorenz's supports. I've liked all the Golden Deer although I agree Ignatz is my least favorite. Chanting along with Hilda after she destroys her opponents is perfectly normal....

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Lorenz support is like C, C+, C++, C+++, B---....

he either is highly nuanced or just that unlikeable that you need to really get into it. his support with Sylvain was pretty funny though.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »

My wife calls her Killda.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
This discussion has been closed.