As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
We're funding a new Acquisitions Incorporated series on Kickstarter right now! Check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pennyarcade/acquisitions-incorporated-the-series-2

[Destiny 2] Curse of Osiris out now! DM your clan's GM for PA re-up.

19394959698

Posts

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Vagabond wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »

    Not really. That's pretty standard stuff. If they can get away with it, people (companies, individuals, whatever) will always try and get ahead of the story to control the narrative. That's like basic PR.

    Huge difference in how they find out. You catch wind of it because you notice them nosing around? Fair play and all that. When asked for direct comment? Spinning the journo out while you rush to beat them to press is a dick move and how you end up with five minute response windows. It was a short sighted and ultimately self destructive move for a PR rep.

    Which is the distilled essence of Bungie's PR strategy.

    There really isn't a difference. It may be a "dick move" but it's also pretty normal. Most of the time the issue is not having enough time to prepare a response before the story breaks. But if you can, you try to.

    It's neither short-sighted nor self-destructive. As this exact situation demonstrates. Because it worked. Bungie controlled the narrative. They shaped how people viewed Eververse and they made it an announcement rather then a leak. They nailed the PR there and Jason Schreier's entire comment in that thread is him complaining about them doing that. They beat him on the spin.

    I mean, abusing a journalist's courtesy heads-up and request for comment to beat said journalist to a story is a quick way to ensure you never get that courtesy in the future. It's burning a bridge. The proper way to do it is to write a statement and provide it to the journalist.

    Sure, but it depends on if it's a worth it. I'd say in this case, yeah, it was very clearly worth it.

    Before you said "...it's also pretty normal" and "It's neither short-sighted nor self-destructive"

    Now you are saying "Sure" and "in this case, yeah, it was very clearly worth it"

    Can you take a less ambiguous position on this subject so that people who debate your points don't end up feeling like they got bait-and-switched?

    Is it a perfectly normal occurrence that happens all the time and is to be expected? Or is it a case-by-case decision that needs to be weighed against the damaged relationships?

    There's nothing ambiguous about what I'm saying, so I've no idea wtf your issue is. None of the things I've said are inconsistent with each other.

    It is not short-sighted or self-destructive or unusual to try and get in front of a potentially damaging story and shape the narrative. Bungie illustrated that exact thing with this issue, where they preempted an early leak of their microtransaction system. Can this kind of thing burn bridges? Maybe. It can be worth the risk of that happening though. Especially in the video game industry where "journalism" is laughable at the best of times. Which we again see right here because ... nothing came of it.

    There is nothing interesting or notable about Schreir's story in that thread. He's just gripping.

    You're arguing against a point no one is making or has made. Of course of company wants to get ahead of a bad story, that much is obvious. It is, however, short-sighted to abuse journalistic courtesy to achieve this aim. And that is, in fact, unusual. If Bungie learned on their own that a story was coming out and was able to get their own story out ahead of it, then that's a great PR coup. As far as the "nothing came of it" line, well Jason Schreier did publish a book which included a pretty scathing behind-the-scenes look at what went on with Destiny. And he continues to publish pieces critical of Bungie and the problems that plague Destiny 2. Bungie has been forced to deal with a lot of really bad PR, especially recently. If they respected journalistic courtesy more, they might have been able to provide statements to spin these in a favorable direction, but I haven't seen that happen.

    Except not.

    The very first post of this tree calls specific attention to his post. So yeah, someone did and is making the claim that this matters. I replied pointing out it doesn't. It's nothing. "Bungie stepped up their release of info about their microtransaction system by like 3 days to control the narrative!". Oh no!

    Secondly, I'm pretty sure this incident had zero effect on whether or not Schreier was gonna write that book or what it contained. And Bungie's PR issues right now have nothing to do with this incident either. It's not like, say, the XP throttling coming out happened because Bungie annoyed Schreier. There's zero connection here.

    Which all leads back to the point that this was neither short-sighted nor self-destructive. They managed to put a good face on Eververse and nothing came of annoying Schreier doing it.

    shryke on
    cB557
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »

    Not really. That's pretty standard stuff. If they can get away with it, people (companies, individuals, whatever) will always try and get ahead of the story to control the narrative. That's like basic PR.

    Huge difference in how they find out. You catch wind of it because you notice them nosing around? Fair play and all that. When asked for direct comment? Spinning the journo out while you rush to beat them to press is a dick move and how you end up with five minute response windows. It was a short sighted and ultimately self destructive move for a PR rep.

    Which is the distilled essence of Bungie's PR strategy.

    There really isn't a difference. It may be a "dick move" but it's also pretty normal. Most of the time the issue is not having enough time to prepare a response before the story breaks. But if you can, you try to.

    It's neither short-sighted nor self-destructive. As this exact situation demonstrates. Because it worked. Bungie controlled the narrative. They shaped how people viewed Eververse and they made it an announcement rather then a leak. They nailed the PR there and Jason Schreier's entire comment in that thread is him complaining about them doing that. They beat him on the spin.

    I mean, abusing a journalist's courtesy heads-up and request for comment to beat said journalist to a story is a quick way to ensure you never get that courtesy in the future. It's burning a bridge. The proper way to do it is to write a statement and provide it to the journalist.

    Sure, but it depends on if it's a worth it. I'd say in this case, yeah, it was very clearly worth it.

    Before you said "...it's also pretty normal" and "It's neither short-sighted nor self-destructive"

    Now you are saying "Sure" and "in this case, yeah, it was very clearly worth it"

    Can you take a less ambiguous position on this subject so that people who debate your points don't end up feeling like they got bait-and-switched?

    Is it a perfectly normal occurrence that happens all the time and is to be expected? Or is it a case-by-case decision that needs to be weighed against the damaged relationships?

    There's nothing ambiguous about what I'm saying, so I've no idea wtf your issue is. None of the things I've said are inconsistent with each other.

    It is not short-sighted or self-destructive or unusual to try and get in front of a potentially damaging story and shape the narrative. Bungie illustrated that exact thing with this issue, where they preempted an early leak of their microtransaction system. Can this kind of thing burn bridges? Maybe. It can be worth the risk of that happening though. Especially in the video game industry where "journalism" is laughable at the best of times. Which we again see right here because ... nothing came of it.

    There is nothing interesting or notable about Schreir's story in that thread. He's just gripping.

    You're arguing against a point no one is making or has made. Of course of company wants to get ahead of a bad story, that much is obvious. It is, however, short-sighted to abuse journalistic courtesy to achieve this aim. And that is, in fact, unusual. If Bungie learned on their own that a story was coming out and was able to get their own story out ahead of it, then that's a great PR coup. As far as the "nothing came of it" line, well Jason Schreier did publish a book which included a pretty scathing behind-the-scenes look at what went on with Destiny. And he continues to publish pieces critical of Bungie and the problems that plague Destiny 2. Bungie has been forced to deal with a lot of really bad PR, especially recently. If they respected journalistic courtesy more, they might have been able to provide statements to spin these in a favorable direction, but I haven't seen that happen.

    Except not.

    The very first post of this tree calls specific attention to his post. So yeah, someone did and is making the claim that this matters. I replied pointing out it doesn't. It's nothing. "Bungie stepped up their release of info about their microtransaction system by like 3 days to control the narrative!". Oh no!

    Secondly, I'm pretty sure this incident had zero effect on whether or not Schreier was gonna write that book or what it contained. And Bungie's PR issues right now have nothing to do with this incident either. It's not like, say, the XP throttling coming out happened because Bungie annoyed Schreier. There's zero connection here.

    Which all leads back to the point that this was neither short-sighted nor self-destructive. They managed to put a good face on Eververse and nothing came of annoying Schreier doing it.

    I just think this whole tree here could have been avoided if someone just stopped and realized that "interesting" is a subjective concept.

    It's interesting.

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Erevar
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »

    Not really. That's pretty standard stuff. If they can get away with it, people (companies, individuals, whatever) will always try and get ahead of the story to control the narrative. That's like basic PR.

    Huge difference in how they find out. You catch wind of it because you notice them nosing around? Fair play and all that. When asked for direct comment? Spinning the journo out while you rush to beat them to press is a dick move and how you end up with five minute response windows. It was a short sighted and ultimately self destructive move for a PR rep.

    Which is the distilled essence of Bungie's PR strategy.

    There really isn't a difference. It may be a "dick move" but it's also pretty normal. Most of the time the issue is not having enough time to prepare a response before the story breaks. But if you can, you try to.

    It's neither short-sighted nor self-destructive. As this exact situation demonstrates. Because it worked. Bungie controlled the narrative. They shaped how people viewed Eververse and they made it an announcement rather then a leak. They nailed the PR there and Jason Schreier's entire comment in that thread is him complaining about them doing that. They beat him on the spin.

    I mean, abusing a journalist's courtesy heads-up and request for comment to beat said journalist to a story is a quick way to ensure you never get that courtesy in the future. It's burning a bridge. The proper way to do it is to write a statement and provide it to the journalist.

    Sure, but it depends on if it's a worth it. I'd say in this case, yeah, it was very clearly worth it.

    Before you said "...it's also pretty normal" and "It's neither short-sighted nor self-destructive"

    Now you are saying "Sure" and "in this case, yeah, it was very clearly worth it"

    Can you take a less ambiguous position on this subject so that people who debate your points don't end up feeling like they got bait-and-switched?

    Is it a perfectly normal occurrence that happens all the time and is to be expected? Or is it a case-by-case decision that needs to be weighed against the damaged relationships?

    There's nothing ambiguous about what I'm saying, so I've no idea wtf your issue is. None of the things I've said are inconsistent with each other.

    It is not short-sighted or self-destructive or unusual to try and get in front of a potentially damaging story and shape the narrative. Bungie illustrated that exact thing with this issue, where they preempted an early leak of their microtransaction system. Can this kind of thing burn bridges? Maybe. It can be worth the risk of that happening though. Especially in the video game industry where "journalism" is laughable at the best of times. Which we again see right here because ... nothing came of it.

    There is nothing interesting or notable about Schreir's story in that thread. He's just gripping.

    You're arguing against a point no one is making or has made. Of course of company wants to get ahead of a bad story, that much is obvious. It is, however, short-sighted to abuse journalistic courtesy to achieve this aim. And that is, in fact, unusual. If Bungie learned on their own that a story was coming out and was able to get their own story out ahead of it, then that's a great PR coup. As far as the "nothing came of it" line, well Jason Schreier did publish a book which included a pretty scathing behind-the-scenes look at what went on with Destiny. And he continues to publish pieces critical of Bungie and the problems that plague Destiny 2. Bungie has been forced to deal with a lot of really bad PR, especially recently. If they respected journalistic courtesy more, they might have been able to provide statements to spin these in a favorable direction, but I haven't seen that happen.

    Except not.

    The very first post of this tree calls specific attention to his post. So yeah, someone did and is making the claim that this matters. I replied pointing out it doesn't. It's nothing. "Bungie stepped up their release of info about their microtransaction system by like 3 days to control the narrative!". Oh no!

    Secondly, I'm pretty sure this incident had zero effect on whether or not Schreier was gonna write that book or what it contained. And Bungie's PR issues right now have nothing to do with this incident either. It's not like, say, the XP throttling coming out happened because Bungie annoyed Schreier. There's zero connection here.

    Which all leads back to the point that this was neither short-sighted nor self-destructive. They managed to put a good face on Eververse and nothing came of annoying Schreier doing it.

    I don't think this is gonna go anywhere. My apologies for wasting your time.

    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    I am trying really hard to like Crimson. I was super excited when I got it.

    And I think it may suck?

    It hits like a wet paper bag. Its beaten out in midrange by autorifles, short range by sidearms and SMGs.

    I really was looking forward to not using Better Devils, finally. Is there something I'm missing?

    Preacher
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    I am trying really hard to like Crimson. I was super excited when I got it.

    And I think it may suck?

    It hits like a wet paper bag. Its beaten out in midrange by autorifles, short range by sidearms and SMGs.

    I really was looking forward to not using Better Devils, finally. Is there something I'm missing?

    It's not a hand cannon, it's a pulse rifle that looks like a hand cannon. Pulse rifles aren't in a good place in PVP, ergo...

    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    PeencB557
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Just had a crucible match reward me 3 blues, 2 legendaries and a legendary emgram :rotate:

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    VagabondPeen
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Raynaga wrote: »
    I am trying really hard to like Crimson. I was super excited when I got it.

    And I think it may suck?

    It hits like a wet paper bag. Its beaten out in midrange by autorifles, short range by sidearms and SMGs.

    I really was looking forward to not using Better Devils, finally. Is there something I'm missing?

    It's not a hand cannon, it's a pulse rifle that looks like a hand cannon. Pulse rifles aren't in a good place in PVP, ergo...

    I can stack up kills like driftwood with Relentless, the Trials pulse rifle. Same with VW. Pulse in and of itself isn't a dealbreaker.

  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    I am trying really hard to like Crimson. I was super excited when I got it.

    And I think it may suck?

    It hits like a wet paper bag. Its beaten out in midrange by autorifles, short range by sidearms and SMGs.

    I really was looking forward to not using Better Devils, finally. Is there something I'm missing?

    Are you talking pvp or pve?

    It seems not great for pvp

    I enjoy it for clearing out red and orange bars in pve. It’s useful for hectic pve situations

    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    I am trying really hard to like Crimson. I was super excited when I got it.

    And I think it may suck?

    It hits like a wet paper bag. Its beaten out in midrange by autorifles, short range by sidearms and SMGs.

    I really was looking forward to not using Better Devils, finally. Is there something I'm missing?

    Are you talking pvp or pve?

    It seems not great for pvp

    I enjoy it for clearing out red and orange bars in pve. It’s useful for hectic pve situations

    Crucible.

  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Raynaga wrote: »
    I am trying really hard to like Crimson. I was super excited when I got it.

    And I think it may suck?

    It hits like a wet paper bag. Its beaten out in midrange by autorifles, short range by sidearms and SMGs.

    I really was looking forward to not using Better Devils, finally. Is there something I'm missing?

    It's not a hand cannon, it's a pulse rifle that looks like a hand cannon. Pulse rifles aren't in a good place in PVP, ergo...

    I can stack up kills like driftwood with Relentless, the Trials pulse rifle. Same with VW. Pulse in and of itself isn't a dealbreaker.

    Fair enough. The difference is probably, as you noted, engagement range. You'd probably lose out to autos and SMGs even with VW if you were in Crimson's effective range.

    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Raynaga wrote: »
    Raynaga wrote: »
    I am trying really hard to like Crimson. I was super excited when I got it.

    And I think it may suck?

    It hits like a wet paper bag. Its beaten out in midrange by autorifles, short range by sidearms and SMGs.

    I really was looking forward to not using Better Devils, finally. Is there something I'm missing?

    Are you talking pvp or pve?

    It seems not great for pvp

    I enjoy it for clearing out red and orange bars in pve. It’s useful for hectic pve situations

    Crucible.

    I was the same way.

    On paper, those abilities looked like they would be perfect for Crucible.

    But he's right, it just doesn't have the punch or the ease of use for Crucible. You just get outgunned.

    cptrugged on
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Wow this comic reads like shit

    KhraulPreacher
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Finished up the prophecy for the energy sidearm Traveler's Judgment 5.

    I think it may have potential.

    Same archetype as Last Hope but has Headseeker (body shots increase damage of crits) instead of Zen Moment.

    Only had the chance to try it out in PvE so far, but I like it a lot.

    PSN: Holy-Promethium
    Khraul
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wow this comic reads like shit

    Yeah having to click buttons to get sub sections of the comic was an ass decision.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Take this:
    XFVKHPN97

    Go here:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

    Free Emblem

    VagabondChanuscB557lakhesisHermanoForever ZefirocptruggedFiskebentFawst
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    So the reddit hivemind got all uppity about 3oC returns and exotic drop rates this week... in response bungo looked at it to see if there was an issue.

    Reponse below:

    Hey all,
    Throughout the weekend, we’ve been monitoring player feedback concerning the recently added Three of Coins consumable offered by Xûr. We’d like to give clarification on the functionality of this item:
    When players use a Three of Coins consumable, this provides a 50% increase to the base chance of being rewarded an Exotic Engram upon activity completion. Using this consumable does not guarantee an Exotic reward upon completing a set number of activities – but rather increased chances upon each activity completion.
    Note: We have found that Heroic Strikes do not currently grant higher chances for Exotics when using Three of Coins consumables, compared to Vanguard Strikes. We’re looking to address this with a future Hotfix, expected in early 2018.
    We will continue to monitor and forward feedback concerning this feature throughout the holiday season. Keep it coming!
    Later this week, we’ll have notes from the development team on additional feedback items that we’re looking to address in the future. Stay tuned.
    Cheers,
    -dmg04


    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/240599985

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Played a bit this morning...

    My schedule lately is not at all conducive to being on at the same time as most PA players and it's got me really struggling to find a reason to play at all presently.

    I want to like Destiny 2 as much as I liked Destiny 1, which I could solo play endlessly if need be, but... just... meh...

    Kinda has me super bummed.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    EvilMonkey
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wow this comic reads like shit

    Yeah having to click buttons to get sub sections of the comic was an ass decision.

    It's also just...bad

    KhraulEl MuchoCorriganXPreacher
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    They totally work, except for the thing we just introduced and you need to do bunches of for stupid paradox reasons, also we are totally not saying anything about base exotic drop chances ever.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Muffinatron
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    So the reddit hivemind got all uppity about 3oC returns and exotic drop rates this week... in response bungo looked at it to see if there was an issue.

    Reponse below:

    Hey all,
    Throughout the weekend, we’ve been monitoring player feedback concerning the recently added Three of Coins consumable offered by Xûr. We’d like to give clarification on the functionality of this item:
    When players use a Three of Coins consumable, this provides a 50% increase to the base chance of being rewarded an Exotic Engram upon activity completion. Using this consumable does not guarantee an Exotic reward upon completing a set number of activities – but rather increased chances upon each activity completion.
    Note: We have found that Heroic Strikes do not currently grant higher chances for Exotics when using Three of Coins consumables, compared to Vanguard Strikes. We’re looking to address this with a future Hotfix, expected in early 2018.
    We will continue to monitor and forward feedback concerning this feature throughout the holiday season. Keep it coming!
    Later this week, we’ll have notes from the development team on additional feedback items that we’re looking to address in the future. Stay tuned.
    Cheers,
    -dmg04


    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/240599985

    IT's basically exactly what I expected and what a lot of people in those reddit threads kept saying: it's an increase to a small chance to get an exotic, so you are not necessarily gonna notice the difference without a large sample size.

    Hell, 50% increase is a lot larger then I expected. But it's still a small flat percentage increase because the chance is likely quite small since the patch.

    cB557KhraulApothe0sis
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    So. Regarding Osiris's "heresy".....
    It basically boils down to, "Bros. These Vex bros are real bad, bros. We should bro up and take those bros down, bros." That, um...doesn't really strike me as a controversial platform.

    I guess there's the whole "Traveler might not be as benevolent as we think" aspect, but my sense from the D1 Grimoire is that that isn't exactly a fringe opinion. Osiris certainly isn't the only one to have suggested it.

    Khraul
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    They totally work, except for the thing we just introduced and you need to do bunches of for stupid paradox reasons, also we are totally not saying anything about base exotic drop chances ever.

    Well, they probably aren't gonna give you the base percentage, no. But aren't "not saying anything about base exotic drop chances" because they told us they lowered it:
    Legendary and Exotic Engram drop rates have been adjusted down for Public Events, and up for Strike and Crucible playlist activities
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46536

    Which is more likely what people are noticing and getting cranky about.

    shryke on
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    The thing that is really burning me about this comic is that Osiris' followers are regurgitating his research as what is essentially a shitty internet advertisement or tabloid headline. It really undercuts the seriousness of his work, and somehow they AREN'T SEEING THAT.

    Think: This one esoteric Warlock is disrupting the 1 billion gimmer light industry.
    Prevent existential despair with this one weird tip (it really works!).
    SCANDAL: What does the speaker really mean? The cold, hard, terrifying truth behind the lies!

    Also, it makes the speaker seem - despite already seeming totally useless - even more useless than he was made to be by D2 campaign. You're telling me the last remnants of humanity elevated some random jackoff to the status of supreme leader when he doesn't actually speak for the traveler at all? He's Jesus without the connection to God.

    Oh my...the Speaker is a Jesus allegory.

    He even got crucified. I fucking solved it boys, I did it.

    What does that make Saint-14?

    This is so stupid. Stop ruining your own lore Bungle.

    ElementWrath on
    El MuchoSaldonasKhraul
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Just you wait, soon Eververse will sell "Interesting Lore"

    The Speaker is just the dumbest Destiny character though, a glorified class item salesman that does not matter one iota, even his death falls completely flat.

    Sirialis on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Speaking of good guns

    Im really enjoying using the hand cannon 'Nature of the Beast' in PVE

    It pretty much has 0 recoil. And the minor minor minor recoil it has its entirely verticle. It just feels really nice to use

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The thing that is really burning me about this comic is that Osiris' followers are regurgitating his research as what is essentially a shitty internet advertisement or tabloid headline. It really undercuts the seriousness of his work, and somehow they AREN'T SEEING THAT.

    Think: This one esoteric Warlock is disrupting the 1 billion gimmer light industry.
    Prevent existential despair with this one weird tip (it really works!).
    SCANDAL: What does the speaker really mean? The cold, hard, terrifying truth behind the lies!

    Also, it makes the speaker seem - despite already seeming totally useless - even more useless than he was made to be by D2 campaign. You're telling me the last remnants of humanity elevated some random jackoff to the status of supreme leader when he doesn't actually speak for the traveler at all? He's Jesus without the connection to God.

    Oh my...the Speaker is a Jesus allegory.

    He even got crucified. I fucking solved it boys, I did it.

    What does that make Saint-14?

    This is so stupid. Stop ruining your own lore Bungle.

    I don't see the problem is with the revelation that The Speaker doesn't actually speak to the Traveler. It was kind of ambiguous before, but it's certainly interesting to know and makes the Traveler's intentions even more of a mystery. And his elevation to leadership isn't strange at all. He's a spiritual leader. This kind of thing happens all the time.

    HermanocB557Crippl3
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    So the reddit hivemind got all uppity about 3oC returns and exotic drop rates this week... in response bungo looked at it to see if there was an issue.

    Reponse below:

    Hey all,
    Throughout the weekend, we’ve been monitoring player feedback concerning the recently added Three of Coins consumable offered by Xûr. We’d like to give clarification on the functionality of this item:
    When players use a Three of Coins consumable, this provides a 50% increase to the base chance of being rewarded an Exotic Engram upon activity completion. Using this consumable does not guarantee an Exotic reward upon completing a set number of activities – but rather increased chances upon each activity completion.
    Note: We have found that Heroic Strikes do not currently grant higher chances for Exotics when using Three of Coins consumables, compared to Vanguard Strikes. We’re looking to address this with a future Hotfix, expected in early 2018.
    We will continue to monitor and forward feedback concerning this feature throughout the holiday season. Keep it coming!
    Later this week, we’ll have notes from the development team on additional feedback items that we’re looking to address in the future. Stay tuned.
    Cheers,
    -dmg04


    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/240599985

    how does this shit keep happening

    also

    why do they not just fucking say +50% chance on the god damn item, uggggggggh

    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    KhraulPreacherLocal H JayQanamilskyknytshoeboxjeddy
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    So the reddit hivemind got all uppity about 3oC returns and exotic drop rates this week... in response bungo looked at it to see if there was an issue.

    Reponse below:

    Hey all,
    Throughout the weekend, we’ve been monitoring player feedback concerning the recently added Three of Coins consumable offered by Xûr. We’d like to give clarification on the functionality of this item:
    When players use a Three of Coins consumable, this provides a 50% increase to the base chance of being rewarded an Exotic Engram upon activity completion. Using this consumable does not guarantee an Exotic reward upon completing a set number of activities – but rather increased chances upon each activity completion.
    Note: We have found that Heroic Strikes do not currently grant higher chances for Exotics when using Three of Coins consumables, compared to Vanguard Strikes. We’re looking to address this with a future Hotfix, expected in early 2018.
    We will continue to monitor and forward feedback concerning this feature throughout the holiday season. Keep it coming!
    Later this week, we’ll have notes from the development team on additional feedback items that we’re looking to address in the future. Stay tuned.
    Cheers,
    -dmg04


    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/240599985

    how does this shit keep happening

    also

    why do they not just fucking say +50% chance on the god damn item, uggggggggh

    I dunno but it's starting to seem like they don't do even cursory QA.

  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    So the reddit hivemind got all uppity about 3oC returns and exotic drop rates this week... in response bungo looked at it to see if there was an issue.

    Reponse below:

    Hey all,
    Throughout the weekend, we’ve been monitoring player feedback concerning the recently added Three of Coins consumable offered by Xûr. We’d like to give clarification on the functionality of this item:
    When players use a Three of Coins consumable, this provides a 50% increase to the base chance of being rewarded an Exotic Engram upon activity completion. Using this consumable does not guarantee an Exotic reward upon completing a set number of activities – but rather increased chances upon each activity completion.
    Note: We have found that Heroic Strikes do not currently grant higher chances for Exotics when using Three of Coins consumables, compared to Vanguard Strikes. We’re looking to address this with a future Hotfix, expected in early 2018.
    We will continue to monitor and forward feedback concerning this feature throughout the holiday season. Keep it coming!
    Later this week, we’ll have notes from the development team on additional feedback items that we’re looking to address in the future. Stay tuned.
    Cheers,
    -dmg04


    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/240599985

    how does this shit keep happening

    also

    why do they not just fucking say +50% chance on the god damn item, uggggggggh

    I dunno but it's starting to seem like they don't do even cursory QA.

    It seems like Bungie is a company made up of extremely talented artists and designers who are being told what to do by incompetent leads and managers.

    Like having Michelangelo being told what to do by Todd who runs electronics at walmart.

    I feel bad for the people who actually make this game, because the decisions being made by the people whose job it is to make more money are fucking up what should be an amazing game.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    CorriganXshrykemetaghost
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Like the comic, apparently the emblem is also hard to read :lol:

    5Gm9JfBh.jpg

    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    shrykeForever ZefiroLocal H JayMarekChanusskyknytshoeboxjeddy
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Wow.... I thought my monitor contrast was off for a second there.

    That is yellow

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    VagabondPreacherPeenQanamil
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wow this comic reads like shit

    Yeah having to click buttons to get sub sections of the comic was an ass decision.

    It's also just...bad

    I totally loved the Osiris is the best and everyone loved him so much he became a religion, the comic.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
    Khraul
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I can see what they were going for with the comic, but it was kinda hamfisted, I think they crammed too much into the first issue

    edit - also shouldn't Osiris' Vexed out ship not exist yet???

    Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    KhraulElementWrath
  • DrellokDrellok Bogey's Turrible Wingman Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    how does this shit keep happening
    also
    why do they not just fucking say +50% chance on the god damn item, uggggggggh

    Because it's not a straight +50% chance. it's an additional 50% of your base chance. If base chance is 3%, using a 3oC will increase your chance to 4.5%.

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    For clarity: I'm all in favor of much more detailed tooltips than Bungo currently gives us.

    XBL: DrellokTV
    PeenSirialisEl MuchoLocal H JayKhraulskyknyt
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I thought the comic was fine. It's a comic, I kinda feel like hamfisted is part of the territory. I feel like reading it that way was a nightmare and if they could just upload them in jpg panels that I can zoom in on and scroll around that'd be great, thanks.

    Vagabond
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    So since I didn't usually run strikes before the Heroic playlist, I didn't realise until today that you could get a Drake tank in the Arms Dealer strike.

    It was pretty damn fun.

    Best moment was trying to squeeze the tank through the corridors after I'd dealt with the goliath tanks to try and get it into the final boss area. It didn't work, but me and @squall99x were laughing our heads off while I tried.

    Looked something like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLKR9tCiwvA

    Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
    VagabondDoodmanncB557HermanoGONG-00
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I thought the comic was fine. It's a comic, I kinda feel like hamfisted is part of the territory. I feel like reading it that way was a nightmare and if they could just upload them in jpg panels that I can zoom in on and scroll around that'd be great, thanks.

    Yeah, I was going to include that I think that's just the nature of the comic medium, but didn't want to come off as offensive or dismissive to any diehard comic readers

    And I mean it is possible to have a more nuanced and well written comic, they exist

    But it's whatever, I would've preferred some Books of Sorrow style thing instead, I mean you already have the items that could unlock the story right in the game, the Prophecies, but of course the Grimoire doesn't exist so it's all just wishful thinking of what could've been

    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Khraulskyknyt
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Like the comic, apparently the emblem is also hard to read :lol:

    5Gm9JfBh.jpg

    Clearly they took the wrong message from when people were complaining about "never being able to see" the Lighthouse or Flawless Emblem.

    Take that nerds!

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
    VagabondshrykeKhraulLocal H Jayhlprmnky
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Finally picked up osiris

    Any must-have rewards from the missions I should be on the lookout for?

  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Finally picked up osiris

    Any must-have rewards from the missions I should be on the lookout for?

    Positive Outlook, auto rifle. It is one of a choice of three items you will be offered.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
    cB557PreacherVagabondFawst
This discussion has been closed.