As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Brand's a highly vulnerable target, especially as a support, but the best thing about him is you need to just throw out all of your abilities in a team fight and you've done your job. If you die fine, if you've been putting in work and they dive to hit you then at least two of them are critically low, if not outright dead.

butts
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Thanks for the advice. I just hate feeling impotent, which is why I don't like picking support in blind. At least if I'm Garen or Lux I can keep farming and eventually start making plays. With this Lunar Revel event, if I didn't want to spend money but I still wanted to benefit from it, is buying 2 Revel Orbs and hoping for the best the way to go?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    @credeiki I finally got my name changed. Please add Chanto Akachan to the PA club, and I'm happy to accept invites from others, if you'll tolerate my noobishness.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Goddamn, now I need to buy Lux.

I had her written off for some odd reason but I just dominated two matches with her because she's all "bright cheery young thing" while actually being a stone-cold sniper.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Thanks for the advice. I just hate feeling impotent, which is why I don't like picking support in blind. At least if I'm Garen or Lux I can keep farming and eventually start making plays. With this Lunar Revel event, if I didn't want to spend money but I still wanted to benefit from it, is buying 2 Revel Orbs and hoping for the best the way to go?

You're far from impotent as a support and usually have a pretty large influence over the match if you're keeping vision up and controlling fights well. It's just a more subtle play style than 'hit everything till it dies'.

• Options
    I've got a question about honor, specifically why hasn't my honor rank increased? I've gotten a few honor symbols thrown my way, but I'm still at level 2 0/3 checkpoints reached. I never trash talk, and usually ignore trolls and praise teammates, so the only thing I can imagine is that it either takes an incredibly long time or I was reported somehow by someone salty that I didn't push my buttons hard enough. If I were reported, would I be notified in some way?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    I've got a question about honor, specifically why hasn't my honor rank increased? I've gotten a few honor symbols thrown my way, but I'm still at level 2 0/3 checkpoints reached. I never trash talk, and usually ignore trolls and praise teammates, so the only thing I can imagine is that it either takes an incredibly long time or I was reported somehow by someone salty that I didn't push my buttons hard enough. If I were reported, would I be notified in some way?

It does take a long time, though I would've expected you to hit a checkpoint by now, at least. I'm not sure if you get a notification on the occasional report (I bet you don't). Being friendly and engaging in-game helps a lot. Communication matters to people.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    You'll be notified if Riot decides to take action against your account obviously, but you won't be notified if Joe Schmoe was trolling and decided to report you for no reason.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I think this META and the changes left over from last season have broken the hold the NALCS had over me. These games are dumb and boring. I didn't hate the Ardent Meta, but whatever this meta is; is pure garbage.

Also: TSM:
    They're bad. Regi fucked up by getting rid of 3 people. Get rid of Sven; fine. But hoooooo boy, I'm not going to be shocked if they don't make the playoffs.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Penumbra wrote: »
    They're bad. Regi fucked up by getting rid of 3 people. Get rid of Sven; fine. But hoooooo boy, I'm not going to be shocked if they don't make the playoffs.
    How did they lose that game.

I just don't even have words. Bot lane should've crushed early game, and TSM probably should've been able to do more when they had 2 down and were in CG's base. But some really clutch plays by the team named for it, I guess. Who needs a jungler to control objectives?

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »

It does take a long time, though I would've expected you to hit a checkpoint by now, at least. I'm not sure if you get a notification on the occasional report (I bet you don't). Being friendly and engaging in-game helps a lot. Communication matters to people.
    Depends on how much you play too. I'm mr cheerleader and get at least one honor fairly consistently (and the random keys for being honorable), but only playing a few games a week I still haven't gone up an honor level.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I think this META and the changes left over from last season have broken the hold the NALCS had over me. These games are dumb and boring. I didn't hate the Ardent Meta, but whatever this meta is; is pure garbage.

It’s the same problem competitive League’s had for years: teams are conservative to a fault because securing kills is so hard, resulting in very low-action games. I watch way more Dota than I do LoL now, because those dudes SCRAP.

In other news, had a game earlier where I started 1-6 and we somehow managed to win and I wound up with an S. Game is weird.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »

playing botlane helps; I feel like by default adc and support tend to give each other a heart after a game

(also @italianranma I added you as a friend and when you accept I can invite you to the club)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    I think I did? If not I’ll do so late tonight.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

It’s the same problem competitive League’s had for years: teams are conservative to a fault because securing kills is so hard, resulting in very low-action games. I watch way more Dota than I do LoL now, because those dudes SCRAP.

In other news, had a game earlier where I started 1-6 and we somehow managed to win and I wound up with an S. Game is weird.
    No, the meta right now is just very stall-y. It comes and goes in waves, you can thank Riot's balance team right now for this.

Everyone has shields and stopwatches, it's obnoxious.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Alright, normal mode, blind pick! I always wanted to try out season 8 jungling in a pvp environment, let's pick Warwick and see what kind of team I'll be fac-

tumblr_p408coPKgt1wwb5qdo1_540.png

Oh.

Oh nooooooooooo

• Options
    I thought that was a fun game, even though it was my first time playing Soraka, and that Shaco had my number each time. I was starting an Ohmwrecker just to help survive that burst.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Hello I'd like to report a robbery on my wallet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzW1-lgg0UQ&t=0s

• Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »

No, the meta right now is just very stall-y. It comes and goes in waves, you can thank Riot's balance team right now for this.

Everyone has shields and stopwatches, it's obnoxious.
    Supports are too strong.

Also delete Lulu.

butts
  • Options
    j88ynjnv3wvp.png

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Finished getting S ranks on all A champions. Moving to Bs.

Interesting that all 4 B champions are most often played Support: Bard, Blitz, Brand, Braum

• Options
    I felt like playing a Tryndamere game tonight, but when I queued up the enemy first picked Nasus and I chickened out (hah) and went Teemo. I was doing well but didn't watch my minimap enough and died to the 2nd and 3rd ganks, my team was also losing rest of map (and flaming each other so much I had to mute all), Nasus scaled to unstoppable status, loss.

So I decided you know what, I've been banning Nasus in ranked, I like taking towers more than anything, I should try Nasus. Enemy picks Teemo - great. I switched from Klepto to Grasp and waited for ganks just like the guy who beat me had. Outscaled, went 7/0/7 and got an S-.

The chest had a Tryndamere skin in it.
    :+1:

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    It is nice to know that after basically maining Kat since late season 2, I still have no idea how to win against Jayce with her

Geddoe on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I felt like playing a Tryndamere game tonight, but when I queued up the enemy first picked Nasus and I chickened out (hah) and went Teemo. I was doing well but didn't watch my minimap enough and died to the 2nd and 3rd ganks, my team was also losing rest of map (and flaming each other so much I had to mute all), Nasus scaled to unstoppable status, loss.

So I decided you know what, I've been banning Nasus in ranked, I like taking towers more than anything, I should try Nasus. Enemy picks Teemo - great. I switched from Klepto to Grasp and waited for ganks just like the guy who beat me had. Outscaled, went 7/0/7 and got an S-.

The chest had a Tryndamere skin in it.
    :+1:

I'm mad about this for lots of reasons

1. Tryndamere
    2. Nasus
    3. Teemo

All the worst

that being said, congratulations

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Bs are not going well.

I think I'm just a Bard one-trick now.

Edit: Open call to anyone who wants to duo with me so that I have slightly better odds. I have decent Bard mechanics now!

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    Bs are not going well.

I think I'm just a Bard one-trick now.

Edit: Open call to anyone who wants to duo with me so that I have slightly better odds. I have decent Bard mechanics now!
    My friends all stopped playing for Monster Hunter so I'm open to having others I can play with.

butts
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Oh man.

Vel'Koz is I think my favorite hero. None of the rest quite hit that "unf, fuck yeah" feeling you do when you land a combo.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I managed to pull an S rank on halo in ARAM.

I got the el braum icon....wtf

• Options
    Ulted as Sion tonight and the lumbering war-corpse pulled the tightest 180 you've seen this side of a ballerina. There was J4 terrain around and I see a video from 2014 where this happened with an Anivia wall, so I guess it's just one of those rare enough they won't fix it bugs. Still pretty surprising.
    https://youtu.be/n8m0dbzDGlI

• Options
    I unlocked Normal (Draft) and now never want to do blind again. It's nice just knowing what role you're going to get so you can prepare for it, mentally and otherwise. I added Soraka to my support roster so I've got some options should I get an off-pick. Right now I'm mostly playing Garen, but both games I've tried so far have matched me to non-traditional top laners: Ahri and Graves. The trouble I had with Ahri was purely do to connection issues: I knew to build Mercury Treads first, but due to a disconnect she got a 2 level advantage on me. Graves I fought this morning and was surprised at how he was able to out-trade me even when missing his skill-shots. He got a 3 kills on me (one was a connection burp that prevented Damacian Justice and ended with me parked under his tower), and they started snowballing getting our rank 1 mid and rank 2 top. That being said, I recovered at level 8 by building a thornmail and ganking their jungler (Xin Zhao) and mid (Swain) and recalling to defend our top lane base tower and getting my revenge kills on Graves. Once I had level 11, I was able to turn the game around and called for a Baron kill that had them surrender. Not only that, I finally made the first honor checkpoint!

This let me unlock a Hextech chest which produced an epic skin I've already unlocked. Do I have any options with this duplicate skin other than DE'ing it into orange essence? Seems a waste as the return on that is so small... Any other tips on going against a Graves top?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Last game was made so difficult by people who don't seem to understand cc is a thing. I wear my lane opponent down with poke. Then the half health warwick runs in because of blood scent and wants to dive. It's a cho gath, dude. He'll silence you, knock you up and then the tower will kill you while he survives. Then later he did the same thing trying to kill Ezrael and/or Nami on a solo turret dive. He of course got cc'ed and then killed.

• Options
    This game is so frustrating.

If I'm playing my 2-4 S Tier junglers, we can usually win and win pretty handily.

If I'm playing anything else or I'm over in Support, it's an exercise in unrelenting frustration.

I can't win when Tristana thinks it was a good idea to jump point blank into fucking Mordekaiser in late game.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
  • Options

If I'm playing my 2-4 S Tier junglers, we can usually win and win pretty handily.

If I'm playing anything else or I'm over in Support, it's an exercise in unrelenting frustration.

Yeah, it's kind of how MMR works, for better or for worse. It's why I'll probably never be able to play Lee Sin. There's not really a way around other than to suffer through a bunch of learning games or start a smurf.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I've been having a lot of fun playing over the past couple days, but the internet here at my husband's apartment is pretty bad--constantly dropping packets, sometimes in a way that shows as ping, sometimes such that the game goes into slideshow/teleportation mode for a few seconds.

I probably shouldn't be playing ranked under these conditions but I am anyway, with rather mixed results.
    One lesson learned is do not play Lux into Aurelion Sol; eeek that did not work out well at all....

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

I can't win when Tristana thinks it was a good idea to jump point blank into fucking Mordekaiser in late game.

This but with no tier S junglers and I'm not sure what I have done to win.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    This is why I play Tristana. If I win, it’s because I right-clicked on things well. If I lose, it’s because I right-clicked on things poorly.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I unlocked Normal (Draft) and now never want to do blind again. It's nice just knowing what role you're going to get so you can prepare for it, mentally and otherwise. I added Soraka to my support roster so I've got some options should I get an off-pick. Right now I'm mostly playing Garen, but both games I've tried so far have matched me to non-traditional top laners: Ahri and Graves. The trouble I had with Ahri was purely do to connection issues: I knew to build Mercury Treads first, but due to a disconnect she got a 2 level advantage on me. Graves I fought this morning and was surprised at how he was able to out-trade me even when missing his skill-shots. He got a 3 kills on me (one was a connection burp that prevented Damacian Justice and ended with me parked under his tower), and they started snowballing getting our rank 1 mid and rank 2 top. That being said, I recovered at level 8 by building a thornmail and ganking their jungler (Xin Zhao) and mid (Swain) and recalling to defend our top lane base tower and getting my revenge kills on Graves. Once I had level 11, I was able to turn the game around and called for a Baron kill that had them surrender. Not only that, I finally made the first honor checkpoint!

This let me unlock a Hextech chest which produced an epic skin I've already unlocked. Do I have any options with this duplicate skin other than DE'ing it into orange essence? Seems a waste as the return on that is so small... Any other tips on going against a Graves top?

You can reroll three skin shards into a permanent skin for any champ (even ones you don't own). I don't have any tips for facing Graves top, it's been a long time since I've seen that in my games.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    NA LCS
    As everyone predicted, TSM and CLG both below .500 at the halfway point.

Snark aside, Echo Fox and C9 look to be in a class of their own thus far. Everyone else is just kind of in the middle--and even Golden Guardians has been competitive in a couple of their losses, though mainly to teams lower in the standings.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Regarding rerolling skin shards (an awkward sentence in any other context) should they all be the same quality, or does it not matter?

Also now that I'm back home on a decent connection I smoked it as Garen. Irelia wasn't a particularly challenging match-up, but after winning that laning phase I helped snowball by constantly winning the 1v2s and 1v3s they sent my way, made the Rift and Baron call, and led the attack on their base, and earned an S. I did well enough that I got a lot of post-match hate from the enemy team, which made me feel a little giddy. There's no quality like quality. That being said I was a little disappointed that I didn't get any honor kudos from the team :(

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。