As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The fight starts August 14th

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah don't really see what the point of scaling the health of old raids up is.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The only reason I went to some old raids was to see them because I never got to see them in the first place

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    It's probably a side effect of a formula that they applied to every mob in the game. Seems weird, that they would make it intentional, because the goal of the scaling health change was to improve gameplay at lower levels, not affect higher levels. I guess we'll see if they correct it.

The changes themselves are wonderful though, I jumped onto my warlock alt and after a few minutes being bummed that I couldn't just walk non-stop through zones dotting everything and leaving a trail of corpses behind, the joy of being able to do an actual proper rotation while leveling started to take over.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Some good news, it's confirmed that using a purified Titan essence does not reset your bad luck protection for earning a legendary in other ways

• Options
    Yeah it'd be pretty surprising that they'd intend for you to no longer solo some raids. It'd speak to....a set of really, really strange design priorities.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Would like to note that the raid bosses scaling bug was reported on the 7.3.5 PTR.

Also, a new bug is Portal Keeper's Felstone Barrage (the death beam) now sometimes has the visual effect stay on the ground clipping. Which makes dodging the thing on Heroic as fun as it sounds (read: not very).

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Did a fairly smooth undead Strat run that took about an hour, and only got maybe 70% of a level at full rested. I’m not complaining, it feels like it should, but it’s definitely slower now. I was planning on leveling all my lowbies with the new scaling, but maybe just one or two...

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Making low level mobs stronger makes perfect sense, but why make leveling take longer? Couldn't they just increase exp rewards to compensate for the additional time spent fighting? I feel like they should actually do a pass through the old zones and delete some filler quests. Finish the zones faster but gaining fewer levels per zone.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Dungeons are absolutely not worth doing at the current rate. So long, so little xp, and not exactly super fun.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    As an outsider looking in I have a question.

Where is that big-ass sword in the world and can it be seen & walked around in the game yet?

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I am enjoying doing full rotation on my moonkin lvl 86 in full heirlooms on a fucking wolf for 40 seconds to kill it, leaving me shocking my head spell after to get up from 50% hp.

No, wait the opposite.

They also removed a bunch of xmog items from my collection, including Xavius shoulder that have been my rogue xmog for like a year now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »

Where is that big-ass sword in the world and can it be seen & walked around in the game yet?

You have to Argus first
    Scrubs like me will not see it

• Options
    It's in lfr this week.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't get why they removed the transmog or item you transmog from is it because it's a caster's item?

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I don't get why they removed the transmog or item you transmog from is it because it's a caster's item?

It's some bug, lots of people reporting various items missing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    108 posts
    2 hours ago
    Looks like this is just a visual bug with the dungeon journal. Mimiron's Head can still drop from Yogg with no keepers assisting you!

Whew. Now, if they'd just fix the scaling of raid bosses...

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, sucks that the patching seems to have messed up a bunch of stuff. I was really excited about the idea that they were trying to make the leveling process a real game again and not just filler you have to run through before the current expansion content. It'd be a real shame if they've done a poor job of it. I was really frustrated when Cata dropped and they'd put all this work into improving the 1-60 areas, only to make it so you progressed out of zone too quickly and fighting was trivial. I'm not a fan of hard mode or super grindy games, but when I was last playing (Cata/early MoP) it felt like they'd gone too far in the opposite direction.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    I got a whole bunch of my enchanting materials pulled out of my bank and mailed back to me. I have no idea why, nor what was taken. (And I don't mean the new illusion dust. The same shit I'd had, essences shard etc..)

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Really I usually expect a better patch from blizzard than this
    I can really see their focus is on Overwatch now

Brainleech on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Really I usually expect a better patch from blizzard than this
    I can really see their focus is on Overwatch now
    WoW b-team is on patch development, WoW c-team is on patch fixing, and WoW a-team is on the expansion.

• Options
    i'm pretty confident in saying that generally speaking, game development is more fluid than having concepts like a teams or b teams or c teams

i always had to roll my eyes when people said the b team did Dark Souls 2 when they hadn't like, compared the credits of ds2 and ds1

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

it's in Silithus, you go there and fly around it and land on it and fall off it and plummet to your death below it. Not that I would know anything about that. At max draw distance you can see it off in the distance from just south of thunder bluff.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

it's in Silithus, you go there and fly around it and land on it and fall off it and plummet to your death below it. Not that I would know anything about that. At max draw distance you can see it off in the distance from just south of thunder bluff.
    So nothing of value was lost.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Made a new friend tonight. Started a group for some random rare spawn in the Broken Isles legion area, was trying to farm those shards for the 850 epics to get my tank to 825.

Asked if anyone wanted to farm more with my brother and me and this healer decided to roll. It was fun, did a lot of taxi work flying the healer and my brother to different bosses.

Had a lot of fun goofing off and doing that and now my tank is 843 score.

What score should a tank and DPS be for mythics? I forgot when I started doing them on my rogue way back when before nighthold or whatever released.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    Started a group for some random rare spawn in the Broken Isles legion area, was trying to farm those shards for the 850 epics to get my tank to 825.

Not really a great use of time, the comparable stuff on Argus is 880 and the shards grant 910.

• Options
    PacMan1979PacMan1979 Registered User regular
    New player questions here. Apologies if this stuff is common knowledge or repetitive.

Just got to level 60 with my Forsaken Hunter, and got a flying mount. I noticed there are some places where I cannot fly, specifically Northrend. Is this the same for all players or do I have to fulfill some sort of requirement first to start flying around there?

Can I Have more than one Pet active? I saw some random Alliance player while I was on a quest and it seemed like he had 2 out. But he flew off before I could ask him about it.

Is there a way to track which Dungeons I have completed? I want to experience every dungeon and Raid at least once, and with so many for each different expansion I was wondering if there was an easier way to keep track besides writing them down.

On the WOW subreddit yesterday I saw someone posted the Legion epilogues for Alliance and Horde. I didn't watch them for fear of spoilers, but I was wondering when will I be able to start seeing these cutscenes that further the plot and story of the game? I've done hundreds of quests by now and I haven't seen one yet. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or there certain NPC's that I need to be talking to?

Occasionally in the Chat window I'll see a message like. "Undercity is under attack" What should I do? or more specifically What can I do especially since I'm so low level?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Each expansion region has its own requirements for flying. For Outland, Northrend and Pandaria, you have to buy the corresponding flying skill. (outdated information redacted) For Draenor and the Broken Isles, you have to complete an achievement.

Having more than one pets is a beast mastery Hunter artifact ability. You'll get it when you reach Legion content around level 100. You couldn't have asked the other player because Horde and Alliance characters can't communicate (except for Pandas and Demon Hunters, I guess).

Each dungeon has its corresponding achievement for completing it.

Actual story cutscenes are a fairly new addition to the game. There's a small handful in Northrend, a few in the Cataclysm zones, but they don't really start becoming a regular thing until you reach Pandaria.

Those messages mean an Alliance player is attacking Undercity. As a level 60, all you can do about it is die in one hit.

Since you're a new player, I would recommend installing the Storyline addon. It'll make the questing experience better.

reVerse on
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I don't think you have to complete Panda achievements anymore for flying. I was able to buy it when I completely skipped that expansion

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yesterday’s patch removed wotlk and mop flight training. Outland has been included in normal flying training forever. There may be a level req on wotlk and mop though if they don’t want you just flying everywhere to quest. Draenor remains a shitty situation for flying though as you have to do retired end game content for weeks to unlock it.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Started a group for some random rare spawn in the Broken Isles legion area, was trying to farm those shards for the 850 epics to get my tank to 825.

Not really a great use of time, the comparable stuff on Argus is 880 and the shards grant 910.

Yea, that stuff is higher level but it would take longer to get and a lot more effort for a fresh a 110.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    edited January 2018

Yea, that stuff is higher level but it would take longer to get and a lot more effort for a fresh a 110.

Base Broken Isles World Quests gives 875 gear and crafted gear can get up to 935 so there's no reason to not do Argus ASAP after getting a few of those pieces and Convergence.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

My Hunter just hit 110 on Sunday, and here's what I've done since then to get his item level up to 850:

- Flapped around doing World Quests, in two days I was able to obtain Gloves, Bracers, Belt, Pants, and Helm at 845-865, depending on my luck with Warforged upgrades.

- Started the Argus questline, which doesn't take long and is difficult to solo at first, but if you plug away at it you will obtain rewards providing several Billion artifact points. I think the Hunters' bow is now artifact level 58 ? Which makes killing stuff much faster, even in Argus.

- When you hit 825 you can run Heroic Dungeons, adding even higher iLevel rewards.

This late in an expansion, Blizzard has learned to provide many catch-up mechanics, and if you take advantage of them you will fly ahead in item advancement.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So with the leveling system changes, can I basically pick any zone to quest in no matter what?

I'm also wondering what happened to professions. Like if I am leveling herbalism, does the zone I pick to quest in matter?

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »
    kaid wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    Having only recently resubbed to wow, I hit 110 on my first toon today (DH).

I was looking at levelling my druid as well, but looking at the fact that it has 4 artifacts weapons, how arduous is it to level alts in legion?

It is pretty easy, especially heirlooms. Artifact weapons aren't much of an issue either. Once you hit 110 all the artifacts will give anywhere from 100 million to 5 billion artifact power.

I have just finished leveling a rogue to 110 I currently have every class but priest/paladin/dk to 110 with class mounts. Hitting 110 the first AP token you get usually is enough to fill out your weapon and give you one or two convergence levels. Really the only tricky thing is getting good relics is still a bit annoying but if you do argus just use your veiled argunite to buy the ones you need to fill them out.

With the new legendary catchup mechanic stuff going in today it is about as easy to play alts now as at this point in past expansions. The catch up mechanics are pretty crazy you will go from fresh 110 to ilevel 850 almost instantly and then to 900 is easy with argus.

Well, it's still hard to hit 75 to fully unlock the Netherlight Crucible with your artifact weapons. Requires a lot of artifact power. If you're a multi-spec class, it's pretty hard to get all your artifacts up there.

Whether that's necessary though, I doubt. But it does mean you're not at FULL POWER for all your specs.

Honestly if you are not a high end world first style mythic raider even the first tier of netherlight stuff is overkill. Once you hit 110 it takes about an hour to be fully geared up enough to do normal raiding and be able to do your job effectively.

An hour is....generous

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Aaaand Brawl'gar Arena is also bugged so the floor of Master Paku (the Pacman fight) is up for all fights.

Fun times. Also, Tank Chat says that The Arcway M+ has the spider boss never dropping from the ceiling so can't complete it.

On good news, my Brew is almost done with Augunite farming with all slots at 910+ (only 1 relic left) and got Soul of the Grandmaster, that gives Mystic Vitality (the Stagger works more against magic damage talent) so can have that AND a CD.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    How important is it that I finish the main story stuff on my alts? My Warrior has finished the story stuff in Azsuna, Val'Sharah, Highmountain, and Stormheim. My Warlock has only finished Azsuna and Highmountain.

I have all of this stuff completed on my Rogue, both pathfinders, ilvl of 927. Can I skip all that stuff on my alts and just go straight to Argus? Will I still be able to do all the weapon skins and class mounts?

• Options
    PacMan1979 wrote: »
    Can I Have more than one Pet active? I saw some random Alliance player while I was on a quest and it seemed like he had 2 out. But he flew off before I could ask him about it.

Legion BM artifact weapon, probably. Posssibly Dire Beast, if you weren't paying attention?
    Is there a way to track which Dungeons I have completed? I want to experience every dungeon and Raid at least once, and with so many for each different expansion I was wondering if there was an easier way to keep track besides writing them down.

Achievements will do that for you, I think, but I don't think it's a very easy thing to check. Need to find the right achievement name(s) and look them up.
    Occasionally in the Chat window I'll see a message like. "Undercity is under attack" What should I do? or more specifically What can I do especially since I'm so low level?

Nothing.

• Options
    Also, this patch seems bizarrely buggy and ill-conceived (based on the old content dungeon/raid changes). I tried to do a Harrison Jones quest chain last night for the achievement, and it bugged out on me. I'd complete the last quest, it'd tell me to turn in, but as soon I garrison-hearth-ed, the quest would disappear from the log. Mega-frustrating.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Once you do the final wing of antorus you can get a quest in stormwind/ogrimar to go to silithus and see the sword in game. It is really tall it took me several minutes to fly to the top of last night.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    PacMan1979 wrote: »

Legion BM artifact weapon, probably. Posssibly Dire Beast, if you weren't paying attention?

Achievements will do that for you, I think, but I don't think it's a very easy thing to check. Need to find the right achievement name(s) and look them up.

Nothing.

Beast master hunters with artifact have two pets their normal main pet and hati in whatever guise they have for hati. Then when they are in fights they can get even more pets to appear by using dire beast but normally the two you see just walking around will be main pet + hati from the artifact.

This discussion has been closed.