As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choosy moms choose [GIF] (nsf56k)

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    HoA-player wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    and it's true for pretty much all laws: what the white car does after this happens is 100% A-ok because he is avoiding a car that's spinning out. Whether or not you would normally get ticketed, is totally irrelevant

and as for who's fault is it, no matter the country, we don't see what the white car was doing before this happened.

Wrong. We see it passing / overtaking the car filming. That is enough for a ticket.

The white car did nothing wrong and it doesnt matter where youre from, the grey car is at fault, and the only reason youd continue to insist it is is because youre just enjoying telling everyone else they are wrong

No sane person would watch that and say anyone other than the grey car fucked up, and whatever country it happened in doesnt matter in the least.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    and it's true for pretty much all laws: what the white car does after this happens is 100% A-ok because he is avoiding a car that's spinning out. Whether or not you would normally get ticketed, is totally irrelevant

and as for who's fault is it, no matter the country, we don't see what the white car was doing before this happened.

Wrong. We see it passing / overtaking the car filming. That is enough for a ticket.

The white car did nothing wrong and it doesnt matter where youre from, the grey car is at fault, and the only reason youd continue to insist it is is because youre just enjoying telling everyone else they are wrong

No sane person would watch that and say anyone other than the grey car fucked up, and whatever country it happened in doesnt matter in the least.

... is this a race thing?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I don't know. Watching that clip, I see the white car traveling at a considerably faster pace than the rest of the traffic, doing so on the right hand side, then continuing to weave in and out of traffic after passing the grey car, well after it was out of harms way from an out of control car.

It's entirely possible that the grey car did check their blind spot before attempting to change lanes, thought they had space, but didn't account for a car traveling considerably faster than the other traffic riding up their ass.

Of course, we can't know for certain from just watching that clip. And it seems kind of silly getting angry while playing internet traffic cop over a 15 second gif.

• Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtaking#Overtaking_on_the_inside
    Many countries consider overtaking on the inside dangerous and therefore designate it a driving offence, however most countries make the distinction between involuntary undertaking (passing centre side vehicles in heavy traffic) as opposed to the deliberate attempt to pass a slower moving vehicle for one's own benefit.

I only enjoy it because I am right.

HoA-player on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Your own quote seems to disagree with you right after the comma.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    depends on the definition of heavy traffic

please be excited for the next few pages

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    I wouldn't call what you can see in the gif heavy traffic. And I certainly wouldn't agree that the white car is doing it involuntary.

But since it is most likely in the USA it doesn't matter.

All I wanted to point out originally was that from a European perspective it is very easy to come to the conclusion that the white car is doing something wrong.

For a normally progressive forum a lot of you are very unwilling to consider or accept that there could be different perspectives to you own.

• Options

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Master Splinter?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    How do y'all feel about tipping though?

I never tip for open-faced sandwich hotdog pizza with pineapple overtaking on the right

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I need scissors! 61!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

They said that camera was turned off.
    I'll never trust again.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    the raddest rube goldberg

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options

Many countries consider overtaking on the inside dangerous and therefore designate it a driving offence, however most countries make the distinction between involuntary undertaking (passing centre side vehicles in heavy traffic) as opposed to the deliberate attempt to pass a slower moving vehicle for one's own benefit.

You literally just showed yourself being wrong

Nice work

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Nice work

Nope. I showed you being wrong.

Traffic laws are not the same in every country.

And the white car would be breaking the law in Germany. No matter what the Grey car does.

But nice of you to insist you know my county better then me.

HoA-player on
  • Options

Nice work

Nope. I showed you being wrong.

Traffic laws are not the same in every country.

And the white car would be breaking the law in Germany countries. No matter what the Grey car does.

But nice of you to insist you know my county better then me.

Okie dokie

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    You're all wrong. The only rule in driving is to finish first!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    You're all wrong. The only rule in driving is to finish first!

If you ain't first, you're last!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Oh my god we're in a thread where we can share the most fantastic moving images the greatest communication network in the history of the world has to offer and we've been talking about traffic laws for like three days, this sucks, look at this classy fucking dog

giphy.gif

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    God barkour is awesome

• Options
    Skeith wrote: »

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

pan left two feet and there's a set of stairs, probably

• Options

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Oh my god we're in a thread where we can share the most fantastic moving images the greatest communication network in the history of the world has to offer and we've been talking about traffic laws for like three days, this sucks, look at this classy fucking dog

giphy.gif

If you, or any thread you know, have been affected by "well, actually..." posting on the Penny Arcade Forums, don't hesitate to call 555-STOP. Our trained operators are standing by to assist you.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

I didn't realize Nick Offerman is in John Carpenter's The Thing.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    long swanson

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Master Splinter?

Skaven?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    200 CGI men walk into a bar:

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options

• Options

Everyone write a long post about how legal/illegal this is in your country and other countries, then read it back. Then delete it, and post a gif.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    PUBGcarphysics.gif

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    PUBGcarphysics.gif

it's not launching into space tho

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    This is what I wanted to post earlier...

fox2qf1l7583.gif

We'll get back there someday.
This discussion has been closed.