Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Here [chat] the Mummies

• visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    VH who are you maining in SFV

Kolin at the moment, although my second best character is probably Rashid.

I tried Ibuki for awhile, because she and Rose were my mains in SFIV but I don't think I like her as much in V.

Neat, I have no idea how Kolin works

I have heard Ibuki is kind of butts in V, sadly.

She uses ice attacks and makes ice puns, but I mostly just abuse her V Skill over and over.

vxsHp3F.gif
    I die evry tiem in Sekiro on Twitch
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Ludious you know you love us all

Even I don't love you all right now

And I'm "I literally love everyone on the planet" Narwhal

who's left out of your infinite circle of sunshine

BeNarwhal
  • KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I appreciate the advice and youtube link, but I'm already 3 minutes into the video.

Of course I'd never read Twitch chat for one of these.

Also, there's this one part that makes me feel terrible and why I sometimes don't like to watch these live streaming competitions.

:( is it somebody being shitty?

Yes, but it's also from second hand embarrasment.
    There's this one super hard to pull off glitching trick that she fails to do many times.

• HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Oh, that reminds me, I should check out that AGDQ DS3 run.
    @visiblehowl

BTW she fights Pontiff blindfolded in a bonus segment at the end.

Man its weird most of these clips use the dumb promo parts as the screen cap.
    I thought it was an accident at first but I think they're trying to better highlight the prize incentives this year? That's tinfoil-hat on my part admittedly. It makes sense though. Also sad because people will donate to charity if there's something in it for them. But hey they broke a record this year so should I really complain?

They had nVidia 1080s to give away during one night, with the qualifier for the raffle being donations of $10.80. Pretty goddamn huge incentive.

Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I only play Ryu. Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken Hadoken

Ryu has a nasty parry in SFV and it's fucking garbage to play against.

I haven't played a street fighter game since Street Fighter Alpha 3. But I remember playing against people who just threw fireball after fireball and nothing else. Laaaame.

A huge part of street fighter is learning to deal with fireballs. 4 and 5 have way more built-in anti projectile abilities, though, like parries or absorbs or moves that go through them

Evil Multifarious on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Not a Lizard Person Center of the EarthRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    See, I'm damaged beyond repair, but you broke NARWHAL.

Innocent NARWHAL.

I hope you're proud

there is nothing loving about a whale with a knife taped to its forehead.

Bless your heart.
    BeNarwhalmysticjuicer
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx And I said, hol up Registered User regular

Innocent NARWHAL.

I hope you're proud

I mean, kinda.

That's aiming high.

Make. Time.
    BeNarwhal
    I appreciate the advice and youtube link, but I'm already 3 minutes into the video.

Of course I'd never read Twitch chat for one of these.

Also, there's this one part that makes me feel terrible and why I sometimes don't like to watch these live streaming competitions.

:( is it somebody being shitty?

Yes, but it's also from second hand embarrasment.
    There's this one super hard to pull off glitching trick that she fails to do many times.

oh shit, yeah that's always rough in these

the worst one i remember was a Half Life 2 trick that took the poor guy like half an hour and then I think he ended up just using a safety save anyway to get past it?

vxsHp3F.gif
    Kamiro
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Innocent NARWHAL.

I hope you're proud

Innocent's a bit much, but I appreciate the sentiment and hope you're having a good day! <3

He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    @visiblehowl

I thought it was an accident at first but I think they're trying to better highlight the prize incentives this year? That's tinfoil-hat on my part admittedly. It makes sense though. Also sad because people will donate to charity if there's something in it for them. But hey they broke a record this year so should I really complain?

They had nVidia 1080s to give away during one night, with the qualifier for the raffle being donations of $10.80. Pretty goddamn huge incentive.

Some of the prizes were basically ads for companies is where I got tired of them, especially on the last day. I mean glad they got 2 million fantastic, but could do with less in my face promo adding.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DonnictonDonnicton Hey it's me, your old pal Movie Sonic - let me in. LEMME IN. Registered User regular
    >Pricey DOCSIS 3.1 modem, hypes up futureproofing and and support for the internet of the future and finally dropping the shitty Puma chipset

>Bundled with Cat5e cable

Arris plz

At least I have my own ethernet cables but that's still an amusing point at which to decide to cheap out with your $180 MSRP product.

BeNarwhal
    ...okay watching her blow through these bosses like they're nothing is a bit of a hit to my ego, but no biggie, soldiering on....

vxsHp3F.gif
    BeNarwhalmysticjuicerHonkdurandal4532
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    Pls keep dropping Bitcoin

Pls

PreacherBeNarwhaljungleroomxDonnictonkedinikAiouamysticjuicerDuke 2.0Element BrianHavelock2.0Hahnsoo1Aegis
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Not a Lizard Person Center of the EarthRegistered User regular
    i need to go to walmart and buy that book for SiG but ..
    its walmart
    and they're shutting the city down so its going to be HELL ON EARTH in that place

Bless your heart.
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    Relationship rules

Don’t be a dick

Do safely and consensually give and receive lots of dick

mysticjuicer
    also its supposed to start snowing like 2 or 3 hours earlier than they said. as in the next 30 minutes

Bless your heart.
    @visiblehowl

Some of the prizes were basically ads for companies is where I got tired of them, especially on the last day. I mean glad they got 2 million fantastic, but could do with less in my face promo adding.
    What companies are you talking about exactly? There's only one as far as I know but there's a reason why.

Bandai-Namco. The organizer of GDQ works for them and she has the leverage to get the company to help promote and provide for the GDQ events. The only price we have to pay for that support is hearing their name throughout the week. That's it. And I don't mind. They provide a lot of the swag / incentive prizes and aren't otherwise pulling peoples' arms to give them business.

American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Okay, well

Ladyfriend is busy tonight and now my room is immaculate because I was so bored I cleaned

So now I think I'll mosey on down to the ol' familiar coffee shop and have myself a good sit'n'sip

He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
    wandering wrote: »
    Relationship rules

fbvh874dzt6c.jpg

Bless your heart.
    DonnictonFroThulhuwanderingcB557
    @visiblehowl

What companies are you talking about exactly? There's only one as far as I know but there's a reason why.

Bandai-Namco. The organizer of GDQ works for them and she has the leverage to get the company to help promote and provide for the GDQ events. The only price we have to pay for that support is hearing their name throughout the week. That's it. And I don't mind. They provide a lot of the swag / incentive prizes and aren't otherwise pulling peoples' arms to give them business.

Namco's prize pack was just their name over and over, and there were a pair of headphones they were basically selling everytime they mentioned prizes. Where as something like the snes classic was kind of hand waived "oh yeah this is a thing."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

• SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    I have a stuffed dead parrot from the monty python sketch. I need to find a pirate hat and/or an eye patch before my Sea of Thieves stream next week.

Twitch Streaming T/W/TH and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Me on Steam
    Kamiro
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Pls keep dropping Bitcoin

Pls

then finally DOGE can take its rightful place as king

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i launched sfv ae to try ryu in training mode and i did a cr.mk and saw the range on it and then i alt-f4'd uninstalled threw my computer out the window

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    mysticjuicer
    It's pretty dickish to want people to lose money

But lol fuck Bitcoin

mysticjuicerRedTidejungleroomx
    Namco's prize pack was just their name over and over, and there were a pair of headphones they were basically selling everytime they mentioned prizes. Where as something like the snes classic was kind of hand waived "oh yeah this is a thing."
    I mean, to an extent I get it, but as far as invasive capitalism / advertising goes, this is as soft a blow to endure gets. They aren't requiring people to sign up for a news letter or make an account with them, etc. But the biggest point that helps is that they aren't advertising / pushing the company name during the runs. THAT is when it'd be an invasive practice, I feel.

WELCOME TO THE MEGA MAN RELAY RACE SPONSORED BY BANDAI-NAMCO OH SHIT CAPCOM TOO I GUESS

That'll never happen :P

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Registered User regular
    I hate you all

Okay, I'll stop. I know you're capable of tapping into avast reservoir of anger and hatred, I don't want to make it harder for you to yo ho hold it in.

It's beautiful

HAVELOCK2.0! NEW LOOK, SAME TASTE!
    visiblehowl
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    It's pretty dickish to want people to lose money

But lol fuck Bitcoin

not the kind of people who are that into bitcoin

I mean honestly the ones that are all in..it's damn near patriotic to want them to lose everything

PreacherRiemannLives
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    HAS EVERYONE SEEN ZALLARD1 BEAT PUNCH OUT AND SUPER PUNCHOUT ON A SINGLE CONTROLLER AT THE SAME GODDAMN TIME???

You may think that I am joking like “hahaha, vidya games g4m3rs amirite?” but I am not. This was a real thing that really happened. And you should go watch it right now.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring Yomi tournament commentary and tutorials!
    Preacher
    Bitcoin is dumb and I would give less of a shit if it weren't for the staggering logistics that require it to operate. The amount of power needed for each transaction blows me away and I can't believe that shit hasn't caused the UN to jump on that shit with a giant "NOPE."

Is bitcoin mining the sort of thing that would be affected by the Meltdown fix?

vxsHp3F.gif
    I'd love that

Nah its more hit by all the beanie babies and tulip bulbs.

RedTide

...what?

vxsHp3F.gif
    Henroid
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Every year I think “wow, there’s no way they can top this Punch-Out speedrun” and every year I am thrilled to find out how pathetically wrong I am.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring Yomi tournament commentary and tutorials!
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Registered User regular

Wait someone tried to make beanie babies currency

HAVELOCK2.0! NEW LOOK, SAME TASTE!
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Today we will paint a mountain that owes us nothing. Registered User regular

I don't think so

People use GPUs or dedicated ASIC rigs

Meltdown slowed CPUs

"Will you keep working on it?" asked Man.

The Cosmic AC said, "I WILL."

Man said, "We shall wait."
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist Registered User regular
    @visiblehowl

Someone is basically taking the VODs and uploading them as fast as they can. They'll get things cleaned up as they go.

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    mysticjuicercB557

...what?

Bit coin's worth was entirely inflated by people saying it was worth something. I was making a joke about two previous similar fads.

RedTide

...what?

Bit coin's worth was entirely inflated by people saying it was worth something. I was making a joke about two previous similar fads.

....tulip bulbs?

vxsHp3F.gif
    Henroid

...what?

Preacher I'm gonna have to give you a 2/10 for reaching just a tad too far. Here is a beanie baby as a consolation prize.

mysticjuicer
This discussion has been closed.