Options

the only award a [movie] should care about winning is a teen choice award

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    More Brendan Fraser in my life

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    And the finger on the monkeys paw curls downward

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    When I was in middle school I think, my mother took my younger sister and I to see Species 2. She had no idea what it was, only that it was an alien thriller and I liked sci fi and aliens.

She took us back out of the theater pretty quick.

I think the worst movie I saw in a theater was 300: Rise of the Empire, with its 4 minute sex fighting scene and the hilariously bad "secret weapon."

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    So if you asked me to come up with a Stereotypical Foreign Film Premise I would probably come up with something like this:
    In this tale of love and survival in 19th century Estonia, peasant girl Liina longs for village boy Hans, but Hans is inexplicably infatuated by the visiting German baroness that possesses all that he longs for. For Liina, winning Hans’ requited love proves incredibly complicated in this dark, harsh landscape where spirits, werewolves, plagues, and the devil himself converge, where thievery is rampant, and where souls are highly regarded, but come quite cheap. With alluring black and white cinematography, Rainer Sarnet vividly captures these motley lives as they toil to exist—is existence worth anything if it lacks a soul?

Not to say the film is bad, but that checks all the notes for me when I think of "oh this is a foreign-ass foreign film"

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    That absolutely sounds like something the more pretentious theatre majors I know would jerk themselves into a coma over

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Okay what's the title of the movie though

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay what's the title of the movie though

"November"

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I bet at least a third of that film is spent in close-up on an actor staring. Maybe out a window or at someone/thing

• Options
    I bet at least a third of that film is spent in close-up on an actor staring. Maybe out a window or at someone/thing

It's the baroness! He's staring at the baroness! And the peasant girl is staring at him!

And then intercut shots of werewolves and ghosts and stuff. Symbolism!

• Options
    I don't know man it's got werewolves
    Can't be too pretentious if you got werewolves in your movie

• Options
    I'm honestly not sure where you guys are coming from, have you seen this movie

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    apparently the reason Brendan Fraser quit doing movies is it was literally killing him
    The films, in addition to having diminishing returns, were causing a physical toll: He was a big man doing stunts, running around in front of green screens, going from set to set. His body began to fall apart. “By the time I did the third Mummy picture in China,” which was 2008, “I was put together with tape and ice—just, like, really nerdy and fetishy about ice packs. Screw-cap ice packs and downhill-mountain-biking pads, 'cause they're small and light and they can fit under your clothes. I was building an exoskeleton for myself daily.” Eventually all these injuries required multiple surgeries: “I needed a laminectomy. And the lumbar didn't take, so they had to do it again a year later.” There was a partial knee replacement. Some more work on his back, bolting various compressed spinal pads together. At one point he needed to have his vocal cords repaired. All told, Fraser says, he was in and out of hospitals for almost seven years.

In that case I'm really glad he stopped

No job is worth killing yourself over and if you have the means to take a break, do so

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I mean, there’s that... but it seems the real big cause was that he was sexually harassed by a studio exec

• Options
    I mean, there’s that... but it seems the real big cause was that he was sexually harassed by a studio exec

Yeah I hadn't gotten there yet

I'm really glad he got out and seems like he can just live a chill life riding horses and getting weirdly good at archery

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah that movie sounds rad

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Man. I unironically adore Brendan Fraser. It sucks he had to deal with all that garbage, he seems like such a good dude.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

Yeah I hadn't gotten there yet

I'm really glad he got out and seems like he can just live a chill life riding horses and getting weirdly good at archery

That's basically the goal. I don't know anyone who, if they had enough money to retire before they were totally old and broken, wouldn't want to just spend their time getting stupid good with a bow and arrow. It's what you do.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I love Brendan Fraser and I'm glad he's, I dunno, okay? He always seemed nice and that article made me tear up.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Blast from the Past was really charming and fun from what I remember.

• Options
    GUYS

look at Fraser playing a texas lawman looking into a kidnapping in Danny Boyle's upcoming FX show Trust

vQ35rRr.jpg

He looks great! I want to check this out for sure

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The disappearance of Brendan Fraser has always been a sad note to me.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

It's the baroness! He's staring at the baroness! And the peasant girl is staring at him!

*the werewolf stares thoughtfully out the window*

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    The Brendan Fraser Mummy is the only good Mummy.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

*the werewolf stares thoughtfully out the window at Brendan Fraser *

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    The Brendan Frasier Mummy is the only good Mummy.

So I take you've never seen the original Mummy?

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I’m glad to see Fraser coming back. He’ll be really good in these new dramatic roles he’s taking on.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Macro9 wrote: »

I respect that movie’s place in history, but I don’t think it’s very interesting or entertaining to watch. I’d take the Fraser version every time.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    My non-ironic love of Brendan Fraser means I'm in a good mood today

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Brendan Frasers inherent positive energy would make him a good fit for some sort of terrifying monster role, give Brendan Fraser a 1 Hour Photo

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    hey movie people The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave is an actual pile of feces

this has been News From Decades Ago with Magic Pink

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    It's weird that the first like on that IG post is an old friend of mine.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Me and my cousin saw Mortal Kombat 2 in theatres opening night, we were the only 2 in the theatre, we got so bored at one point we went and complained to the front about the 2 loud people in MK2,

When usher came and saw it was only us two dumb preteens in the entire theatre, he just rolled his eyes and left.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »

I have seen it's sarcophagus in person it's huge!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Me and my cousin saw Mortal Kombat 2 in theatres opening night, we were the only 2 in the theatre, we got so bored at one point we went and complained to the front about the 2 loud people in MK2,

When usher came and saw it was only us two dumb preteens in the entire theatre, he just rolled his eyes and left.

Snitches get stitches.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    I went and saw the original Pokémon Movie with a friend of mine in this little, shitty 2 screen theater.

We were the only two in the theater.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I'm going to maintain that 300 is the worst movie I've seen in a theater

I've also seen BvS, Last Airbender, and Envy, but I really hate 300 you guys

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I went and saw the original Pokémon Movie with a friend of mine in this little, shitty 2 screen theater.

We were the only two in the theater.

They have been playing a dvd or such with 4 pokemon movies on it at work
    I know one of them is the Pikachu movie the others I don't know the name of I just know what happens at certain times because I walk past that bank of tvs

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I'm going to maintain that 300 is the worst movie I've seen in a theater

I've also seen BvS, Last Airbender, and Envy, but I really hate 300 you guys

At least people realized Last Airbender was terrible.

This discussion has been closed.