I am very excited to watch Paul Rudd's mustache

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I'm rooting for you Duncan Jones

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    To this day I don't know why I didn't walk out of revenge of the fallen.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    To this day I don't know why I didn't walk out of revenge of the fallen.

Literally the only good thing about the Transformers movies is that they have fucking cool as shit titles.

And they probably put some VFX artists' kids through college.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Ultraviolet is 100% the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater. There was one other person in the theater sitting way at the front, so my buddy and I moved to the waaaaay back and basically MST3K'd the thing.

jgeis on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The worst movie I've seen in a theater has to be either X-Men Origins: Wolverine or G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I saw a bunch of really forgettable action thrillers in the late 90's and early 2000's, stuff like The Peacemaker and The Sum of All Fears

but the single worst movie I've seen in the theater would probably be Dungeons & Dragons

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I saw... Catwoman in theatres? That was really bad. Jungle 2 Jungle was really fucking bad as well.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    probably deadpool for me

I mean I disliked the movie enough, but my wife hated it with a power tenfold my own, and I suggested we see it on Valentine's Day due to the good buzz

and every time the audience lost their shit (which was often, the audience loved this thing) she'd furrow so incrementally more. watching this progress after a while probably raised my estimation of the movie, really

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think if I had seen Deadpool in theaters I would have like, defensively vomited on something as an excuse to leave

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I saw The Spirit in a theater

There was only one other person there, and he walked out partway

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I watched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind last night. It was really cool! Lots of thematic similarities with Miyazaki's other work, particularly Castle in the Sky. Also, the whole look of the insects and the Sea of Decay gave me huuuuuuge Super Metroid vibes, so much so that I wonder if it was intentional on Nintendo's part.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I saw Tusk in the theater.

That walrus reveal.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay what's the title of the movie though

"November"

Nah, if it's an Estonian film, I'm voting for "Twelve Months"

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    probably deadpool for me

I mean I disliked the movie enough, but my wife hated it with a power tenfold my own, and I suggested we see it on Valentine's Day due to the good buzz

and every time the audience lost their shit (which was often, the audience loved this thing) she'd furrow so incrementally more. watching this progress after a while probably raised my estimation of the movie, really

Dear god don't let the marketing department for Deadpool 2 hear this story. They'll lean into the "Your Girlfriend will HATE THIS MOVIE" angle so fuckin' hard

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think I would have fucking loved Deadpool when I was 14.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Catwoman was really shit, yeah

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    For the record, I liked Deadpool pretty well (it wasn't my ideal Deadpool movie but was much closer to it than I was expecting) and am tentatively looking forward to Deadpool 2 but so far the marketing for it has been dire.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I'm surprised by the reviews that Annihilation is getting so far?

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I find Deadpool to be a terrible insufferable character.

That movie was watchable however. go figure.

• Options
    So, I saw Amélie in the theater. The movie was all fine and good. The issue was that it was a double date. My wife (then girlfriend), myself, and our relatively good friends who were another couple.

The other dude did not know it was a foreign subtitled movie.

He's just nearsighted enough to need glasses to read text at a distance.

He did not bring glasses because he usually doesn't need them for movies.

Dude spent the ENTIRE movie making the most exaggerated sighs and grunts imaginable. At one point he went to the bathroom for like half an hour and came back with high sigh-cannon cocked and ready for another volley. Afterwards, in the car (we all drove together, and he was the driver), he thanked us for "ruining my one fucking weekend off in the entire month".

I don't think he spoke to any of us for weeks.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    So, I saw Amélie in the theater. The movie was all fine and good. The issue was that it was a double date. My wife (then girlfriend), myself, and our relatively good friends who were another couple.

Dude spent the ENTIRE movie making the most exaggerated sighs and grunts imaginable. At one point he went to the bathroom for like half an hour and came back with high sigh-cannon cocked and ready for another volley. Afterwards, in the car (we all drove together, and he was the driver), he thanked us for "ruining my one fucking weekend off in the entire month".

I don't think I'd speak to him again anyways. He sounds lame.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    I find Deadpool to be a terrible insufferable character.

That movie was watchable however. go figure.

Movie Deadpool is leagues better than even the best cosplayer deadpool on the planet, so at least there's that.

• Options
    Aphostile wrote: »

To be honest, he was kind of an overbearing dick. And I'm realizing that it should have been super obvious, relaying this story now.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular

Were there not any seats further up that you could've moved to...? Maybe that wouldn't have helped, I dunno.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I guess Jared Leto decided he wanted his own Last Samurai where he joins the the yakuza and hey where are you all going

https://youtu.be/QNNcl2mEHzQ

• Options

Were there not any seats further up that you could've moved to...? Maybe that wouldn't have helped, I dunno.

I remember suggesting it (we were already fairly close, though). He insisted it wouldn't help.

It was legitimately two of the most awkward hours of my life.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh no Jared Leto

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Noooooooooo

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I guess there are people who just... let Jared Leto... do things?

ugh.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I'm sold.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    But will it say 形無し on his head?
    blame google if that's wrong

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options

"out of shape"...?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    I guess Jared Leto decided he wanted his own Last Samurai where he joins the the yakuza and hey where are you all going

https://youtu.be/QNNcl2mEHzQ

To the theater to watch this movie

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

Also sounds like a shitty driver. Being able to read signs is important yo, bring your fucking glasses

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

"out of shape"...?

Google fails again!

(should be "damaged" of some variety or another, but oh well)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options

"out of shape"...?

Google fails again!

To be fair, I'm pretty sure anything turns to nonsense once it's been machine translated from language A to language B, and back to A.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

"out of shape"...?

Google fails again!

To be fair, I'm pretty sure anything turns to nonsense once it's been machine translated from language A to language B, and back to A.

To be more fair, is there anything more accurate to a Jared Leto character than getting a Japanese tattoo that says the wrong thing

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    I saw The Spirit in a theater

There was only one other person there, and he walked out partway

It stands as the only movie I have fallen asleep in

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised by the reviews that Annihilation is getting so far?

..why?

I'm not trying to be a goose. But the reviews seem to be super good and Garland is usually super good.

This discussion has been closed.