Options

[MCU] The Wasp is in a movie, Ant-man may be involved

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Apparently the directors, writers, designers and FX folks behind Black Panther and the next Avengers movie worked pretty closely with each other to make sure the films matched.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-the-teams-behind-black-panther-and-infinity-war-wor-1822666366

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »
    I'm willing to give it the early benefit of the doubt if Chloe Bennet is calling it a cultural phenomenon.

If you missed it.

Also in case you missed THIS:

/I love the AoS cast

• Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    wow, that was really surprisingly awesome!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Damnit, I need to catch up on Agents of Shield.

And continue praying that they get at least cameos in the background of Infinity War.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    If Spiderman and Pun-Pun/Double D don’t mention eachother even though they’re in the same city, I don’t think AoS would show up. I would love if they did though. Even just in the background for a second to validate their shared existence.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's a nice thought, but probably more likey for a meteor to hit the earth.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a nice thought, but probably more likey for a meteor to hit the earth.

The funny thing is it would be the easiest fucking way to drum up a shitton of fan hype.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    It's not really so much that it's unlikely for a meteor to hit the earf

It's just that it keeps not happening

It's... pretty much a certainty at some point.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Technically, meteors hit the earth all the time. We just had one in Michigan a couple of weeks ago.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Wait do you mean to tell me Rotten Tomatoes is useless all of a sudden because random people on the internet are intentionally screwing with the random internet person rating not like the good old days when there was a pure random internet person rating oh wait

The critics score is fine, it's the audience score which can be gamed.

Hahahaha...

Oh, wait, are you not joking?

Nope, not joking.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    RT has that problem common to any aggregator: the sum of its inputs isn’t any more worthwhile than the inputs themselves. There are a lot of trash movie critics out there but at least RT makes it easy to drill down and see their articles (as opposed to the fan reviews.)

Disney doesn’t care because the audience is locked in; I doubt much of anyone interested in seeing black panther is looking at RT and going “yeah but it’s only 50% fresh”

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The review bombers got kicked off facebook, so that's funny.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Spider Island preview for the new Spider-man cartoon, guest starring Black Widow and Spider-Gwen. That actually looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqSHBV7DHTI

and new BP clip

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    I stopped watching the BP clips after the first one so I don't get spoiled. But I still have questions.
    So the two girls are in a car that's being shot at by some bad guys with machine guns. The car is bulletproof. Ok so far. Then one of the girl gets on top of the car to throw a spear at the bad guys. But what's protecting her from the bullets there? She's not in the car anymore. Shouldn't she be swiss cheese seconds after stepping out?

sig.gif
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    2nd clip:
    That's like watching some last gen in-engine video-game shit. Literally nothing has impact.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    I stopped watching the BP clips after the first one so I don't get spoiled. But I still have questions.
    So the two girls are in a car that's being shot at by some bad guys with machine guns. The car is bulletproof. Ok so far. Then one of the girl gets on top of the car to throw a spear at the bad guys. But what's protecting her from the bullets there? She's not in the car anymore. Shouldn't she be swiss cheese seconds after stepping out?

they stop shooting, but yes she should.

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    What, you think BP is the only one wearing anti-swiss-cheesed magic armour? No, she shouldn't :P

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

The guys doing the shooting are ex stormtroopers.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

I think its just a rule of movie. Something like "Success or failure of any action taken depends on whether success or failure makes the scene more cool, dramatic, or funny for the genre of movie that the action takes place in, irregardless of logical sense."

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »

I think its just a rule of movie. Something like "Success or failure of any action taken depends on whether success or failure makes the scene more cool, dramatic, or funny for the genre of movie that the action takes place in, irregardless of logical sense."

Mods!

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Rule of cool.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Infinity War Sportsball trailer, BWAAAAAAA

https://youtu.be/pVxOVlm_lE8

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    I'm willing to give it the early benefit of the doubt if Chloe Bennet is calling it a cultural phenomenon.

Counterpoint: She used to be in a relationship with the Japanese suicide forest YouTuber.

• Options

Counterpoint: She used to be in a relationship with the Japanese suicide forest YouTuber.

Nobody's perfect. And that if it weren't merely a business relationship - which is a thing Hollywood does.

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular

Nobody's perfect. And that if it weren't merely a business relationship - which is a thing Hollywood does.

Yeah but Imma take my cultural phenomenon advice from somebody with a moral compass that flawed with a grain of salt.

Don't get me wrong, I am way more excited for this than I've been for anything since GotG2, and I very much hope it is, but--

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

Yeah but Imma take my cultural phenomenon advice from somebody with a moral compass that flawed with a grain of salt.

Don't get me wrong, I am way more excited for this than I've been for anything since GotG2, and I very much hope it is, but--

Chloe Bennet's paycheck is part of the same franchise as Black Panther, no need to reach further than that for why hers isn't necessarily the most objective opinion on the subject.

reVerse on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Having a douchebag ex means her moral compass is “flawed”?

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    If Rotten Tomatoes genuinely cared about review integrity they would ban Armond White for good.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2018
    If RT cared about review integrity they probably wouldn't have created a review aggregator at all.

EDIT: though obviously review aggregators and their use and purpose is somewhat off-topic. Hey how about those literal seconds of new footage of Infinity War?

Bogart on
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Chloe Bennet's paycheck is part of the same franchise as Black Panther, no need to reach further than that for why hers isn't necessarily the most objective opinion on the subject.

And just because she's a biased source doesn't mean she's wrong.
    Quid wrote: »

Rule of cool.

Within the limits of the tone of the movie. Ragnarok and Winter Soldier both had scenes where the rule of cool applied, but Ragnarok's stuff would look goofy as hell in Winter Soldier, whereas Winter Soldier's action wouldn't even have registered against Ragnarok's wackiness. The MCU guys usually have a pretty solid grasp on what sort of movie they're making, so I'm not too worried about a scene sticking out as being really stupid looking.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    If RT cared about review integrity they probably wouldn't have created a review aggregator at all.

EDIT: though obviously review aggregators and their use and purpose is somewhat off-topic. Hey how about those literal seconds of new footage of Infinity War?

I liked the part where Iron Man and Dr. Strange did a Team Special move.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    daveNYC wrote: »

True, but her being bias by being at Marvel means she shouldn't be listened to without a huge grain of salt. RE: Hugh Jackman, his opinion is worthless for whatever movie he's in or apart of - yet part of his job is selling that brand, like Chloe's.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

True, but her being bias by being at Marvel means she shouldn't be listened to without a huge grain of salt. RE: Hugh Jackman, his opinion is worthless for whatever movie he's in or apart of - yet part of his job is selling that brand, like Chloe's.

I wouldn't say it needs a huge grain of salt, just that she's got a vested interest in not saying a MCU movie is poop from a butt. It's not like she's Cavill talking up BvS while Affleck is sitting there wondering if there's a nearby bridge he could jump from. Her statement is all-in on BP, so the fact she didn't go with something more measured counts for a little something.

Though calling something a cultural phenomenon ahead of time is basically daring the universe to strike you down. Or at least make you a bad meme for a few years.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

One of the stranger memories I've held on to is of Sylvester Stallone on Oprah shilling Judge Dredd.

But I'd actually forgotten about it until just a few years back when I saw him on a talk show...shitting on Judge Dredd, and my brain made the connection.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Why does Tony have a chest piece in that new trailer?

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »

Presumably, after removing the shrapnel at the end of IM3, he still had a giant hole in his chest and he didn't know what else to do with it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Having a douchebag ex means her moral compass is “flawed”?

If they're judging people by their exes, I'd hate to know what they think of me D:

sig.gif
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

I've seen the words "Bleeding Edge Armor" thrown around a lot on the internet following the trailer. ~17-18 seconds you can see his suit kind of growing onto him.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    pic of tony
    xjo3u8yscdkd.png

This discussion has been closed.