As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D 360 Thread (All games Will does not like are for girls.)

• Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited May 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    Maybe my specialty can be the guy who runs by the downed teammate and yells, "Sorry, no time!" in response to cries for revival.

Oh man, I love that guy. He makes me laugh.

So, do you guys play Execution, or Warzone? Because I totally blow at the latter. Because it is shit.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    I was picking it up as the games went along. fistoflove was really talkative and was shouting out lots of directions on specific maps, it helped slow the game down a little and have it make more sense.

Fist really did pull you guys together, you can tell he's an old hand at GoW.

My team strategy was simple - To crush our foes, to see our enemies driven before us, and listen to the lamentations of the women.

And uh, it didn't work so well. I blame Elk.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    It would be cool if we could do something weekly, or bi-weekly for the folks with busy schedules.

Why not daily? Seriously there aren't enough hardcore PA nerds who are on their 360s every night, or damn near? I find that hard to believe.

Also, y'all are seriously making me wish I was back at my dad's so I could play some GoW with the PA crew. I like forums that do things together outside of the forums.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »
    It would be cool if we could do something weekly, or bi-weekly for the folks with busy schedules.

Why not daily?.

I certainly can't speak for most of those who played last night, but in my case, I just can't devote that much time to gaming. I know others with families can't either - it's alot easier for folks to set time aside in advance though on certain days to play.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Why not daily?.

I certainly can't speak for most of those who played last night, but in my case, I just can't devote that much time to gaming. I know others with families can't either - it's alot easier for folks to set time aside in advance though on certain days to play.
    Basically. I mean I added I thought everyone on the list here, so I can always check for folk, but you'll probably only catch me online for ~5 hours on an average week, but playing with people you're familiar with really makes it a lot more fun, so it's cool if we can arrange big games.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Why not daily?.

I have a wife and a kid.

And BF 2142.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm usually on every night, but I've got to get my DDR in.

Yar on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    I was picking it up as the games went along. fistoflove was really talkative and was shouting out lots of directions on specific maps, it helped slow the game down a little and have it make more sense.
    That dude is just flat good at the videogames. I used to play Mechassault with him and he was brutal. Nice dude, too. I met him out in Chicago a few years ago (which was where I was introduced to White Castle). Drank like a goddamned fish but would still own me in games.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Don't break your ankle, man.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Why not daily? Seriously there aren't enough hardcore PA nerds who are on their 360s every night, or damn near? I find that hard to believe.

Also, y'all are seriously making me wish I was back at my dad's so I could play some GoW with the PA crew. I like forums that do things together outside of the forums.

Yeah, this was the second time I played with PAers - a few weeks ago, Defrag, Glaeal, Hap, Saburbia, Drez were online and Shinto and I split-screened it at my place. Was a lot of fun both times, and I look forward to more.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

Yeah, this was the second time I played with PAers - a few weeks ago, Defrag, Glaeal, Hap, Saburbia, Drez were online and Shinto and I split-screened it at my place. Was a lot of fun both times, and I look forward to more.

I nominate Will to schedule up something weekly or bi-weekly. We will then vote, with a 2/3rds majority having the final say, except in the case of ties, where we will then place two people in the Thunderdome to fight to the death with a 7 foot tall retarded behemoth wearing a diving helmet.

All in favor signify your vote by blowing on a dog whistle.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Don't break your ankle, man.
    Lol one of my employees sent me a link to that today. I wanted to be like "I know that d00d that's so old" but I just let it go.

Yar on
  • Options
    Safety StickSafety Stick Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I really need to buy that wireless adapter and buck up the GMT side of things.

Safety Stick on
    5075110276_cc4230e361.jpg
    My other sig sucks as well...
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    No one ever answered me when I asked what gametype you guys play when y'all play GoW

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    No one ever answered me when I asked what gametype you guys play when y'all play GoW

Just Warzone, since many were new to the game.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hae gais I'm also down for Saints Row or Splinter Cell if anyone wants to get into one of those, too.

Yar on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    We played Execution last time. I don't know that anyone has a strong preference.

I might be down for some games on Sunday. I'll drop a line on here if I turn out to be available.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hae gais I'm also down for Saints Row or Splinter Cell if anyone wants to get into one of those, too.

I've never tried splinter cell multiplayer. Any good?

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    We played Execution last time. I don't know that anyone has a strong preference.

I might be down for some games on Sunday. I'll drop a line on here if I turn out to be available.
    That is like the only time Haphazard can play, and I'm totally down to play with Hap.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

That is like the only time Haphazard can play, and I'm totally down to play with Hap.

Me too! :P

Yes, Sunday sounds good.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I think I could swing a Sunday. I've always wanted to try the new Annex game play mode too, a thought for our next session.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So should I tentatively plan for some gaming on Sunday? Say mid to early afternoonish, like ~11-12 PST?

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So should I tentatively plan for some gaming on Sunday? Say mid to early afternoonish, like ~11-12 PST?

What is that GMT wise? Cause I may have time to get in on a game

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    SC wrote: »

What is that GMT wise? Cause I may have time to get in on a game
    That's like -8 or -9 GMT depending on the season. I suppose I could try to play earlier, but I mean how early you really think I'm gonna get up?

• Options
    edited May 2007

I have a very strong preference for Execution.

Also, I too may be available on the Lord's Day.

But probably not until fairly late (almost positively no earlier than 7:30 PM) PST.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Do you also have a certain fondness for trench coats?

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Do you also have a certain fondness for trench coats?

Code Orange! Code Orange! Go! Go! Go!

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Why? All it seems to do is weaken long range weaponry and reduces the team aspect slightly.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    SC wrote: »

Why? All it seems to do is weaken long range weaponry and reduces the team aspect slightly.

Precisely. I'm a lone-wolf shotgun-whore. And I'm very good at it.

...Or, at least I used to be good at it. I'll probably be a bit rusty. I've barely played in the past few months.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I guess I don't fully understand the distinction between the gamemodes.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Execution > Warzone.

This is all you need to know.

(This is especially true if you play Ranked games, because you get more points in Execution matches, and points are good. You can never have too many points)

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Me neither -- I just know it's cool when I chainsaw you.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Execution means you can't die unless someone kills you close-range (i.e., "execution-style"). Stomping, chainsawing, meleeing all work, as does just shooting someone, but you have to be up-close.

Headshots (like with the sniper), the Boomshot, and Grenades are the only ways to get long-range kills in Execution.

If you are "downed" in Execution (on your knees), you will recover. Tapping A facilitates this process. How long it takes you to recover depends on what the Host decides when they make the game. Anywhere from 5-30 seconds.

Usually this just means that the shotgun takes a somewhat larger role, which I like, personally.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As it's Mother's Day, I won't be able to play on Sunday.

I'll join in next time.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Glaeal wrote: »

I'll join in next time.

I intend to chainsaw everyone for mother's day. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Glaeal wrote: »

I'll join in next time.

I intend to chainsaw everyone for mother's day. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

I thought that was the clap.

Also, I'll be on Sunday.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So um my TV is totally not working now; not even a little. As such, Sunday is out for me :(

Hopefully I'll have it back up next week.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Execution > Warzone.

Disagreed!

Warzone is clearly the superior of the 4 game modes!

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    So um my TV is totally not working now; not even a little. As such, Sunday is out for me :(

Hopefully I'll have it back up next week.

:/

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I find it completely annoying how your long range attacks just become pointless in execution.
    I love my lancer kills, hence Warzone is more for me.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]