As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

D&D 360 Thread (All games Will does not like are for girls.)

• Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited May 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    I find it completely annoying how your long range attacks just become pointless in execution.
    I love my lancer kills, hence Warzone is more for me.

Booo Lancer!

Execution is what makes GoW unique. Otherwise it's just another* second-person shooter. But when you play Execution, suddenly it's all tense, close-range action! The gameplay changes. It's awesome.

*the best ever

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    Man, nobody cares about how 'unique' it is. We just played warzone, and it was hella fun.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Man, nobody cares about how 'unique' it is. We just played warzone, and it was hella fun.

Execution is hella more fun.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »
    I find it completely annoying how your long range attacks just become pointless in execution.

Booo Lancer!

Execution is what makes GoW unique. Otherwise it's just another* second-person shooter. But when you play Execution, suddenly it's all tense, close-range action! The gameplay changes. It's awesome.

*the best ever

Don't you mean third-person?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

<3

I won't be playing on Sunday. Unfortunately the scheduled play time is at like three/four in the morning for me.

Leitner on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Execution the game mode that real men play. If you pussies wanna sit back all warm and cozy waiting for your kill to waltz in front of you fine, I'll be over here playing shotgun with the big boys.

Also, man, when did they make Armored Core 4? I need to pick this shit up yesterday.

Sami on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Let it be known from here out:

Anybody that plays Gears of War on a mode that is not Execution shall be known as a "Pussy Ass Bitch" and they will cease to be your homie, until such a time that they stop frontin' and learn to play like a real playa plays.

Sami on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I see cel online. Where are the rest of you?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I might be on in a little bit. An ex has decided to drop by and "hang out" so I should be on after that's all over with.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    I am Jack's raging jealousy.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hey will, you ever gonna update the first post in this thead with more tags and shit?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Hey will, you ever gonna update the first post in this thead with more tags and shit?

Don't you tell me my business, Devil Woman.

yes

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As I just wrote in the [chat]:

Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm swamped.

No 360 for me, I'm afraid. :(

Next Sunday, hopefully. *sigh*

Haphazard on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Get 360.

Fun as waggle, Gooey thinks.

Gooey needs Live account.

Also, War of Gears fun.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I am Jack's raging jealousy.

You're really gonna hate me after I tell you she's a nympho redhead. With an oral fixation.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    My Live account name is "The Gooey" and the only game I have is Gears. I can play after 6-7 CST, weekdays only.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    As I just wrote in the [chat]:

Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm swamped.

No 360 for me, I'm afraid. :(

Next Sunday, hopefully. *sigh*

Haps your not alone, I need to figure out how I can get online going for my 360 now.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Don't you tell me my business, Devil Woman.

yes

Bitch, I do what want! And you listen!

thanks

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sami wrote: »

Anybody that plays Gears of War on a mode that is not Execution shall be known as a "Pussy Ass Bitch" and they will cease to be your homie, until such a time that they stop frontin' and learn to play like a real playa plays.
    I play Warzone in RL, bitch.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »

I play Warzone in RL, bitch.
    <3

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Guys, tell me this, why are Microsoft Points so expensive? Doom for ~£8? Who are they kidding?

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Coldred wrote: »
    Guys, tell me this, why are Microsoft Points so expensive? Doom for ~£8? Who are they kidding?

It's because Microsoft figured out they can nickle and dime their customers for just about anything. Of course, people are buying it, so it's exsistence (and price) is justified.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Coldred wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure how they work in England, but over here they're priced at some silly ratio like 5/4 of a dollar, I guess to make it more idfficult for people to correlate actual dollar price to "points".

Most of the XBLA games are around $10 IIRC, which isn't really outrageous. I mean, if you're comparing it to free emulators or something, I guess it seems pretty spendy.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Is it like, bad to bump the 360 thread? Because I hate scrolling down to it whenever I need to look at peoples gamertags/availability and shit.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Tag: Handful of Dust
    Availability: Evenings... whenever I happen to be on. I traded WOW for Live, and I think I made the right choice.
    Games: Gears, Catan (freaking love this game), Burnout

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So Halo 3 beta do any of you chumps have it?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm not buying a game for a demo.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I do. I'm on right now.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    In fairness, Crackdown is a pretty good game. The multiplayer is ass though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So, anything along the lines of a price cut or deal for the 360 coming along?
    I had heard somewhere that the core would eventually be phased out, with the premium taking its pricing and the elite taking the premium's pricing.

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Man, Gears really was short. Anyone have a suggestion for a solid 360 title? Something in the action/fps/shooter genre? Besides Crackdown, cause I'll probably snag that regardless.

Also, I have no Live friends, and I've decided my Live tag sucks balls. Any way I can change it or get another account?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Xorexnar wrote: »
    So, anything along the lines of a price cut or deal for the 360 coming along?
    I had heard somewhere that the core would eventually be phased out, with the premium taking its pricing and the elite taking the premium's pricing.
    Analysts say that the cost of production is currently well under the sale price of the console. so there's certainly room for it (consoles are traditionally loss leaders and the PS3 launched at a unit cost of something like $1000). Also, the reduced die size is apparently on the verge of release, which would allow for less cooling and lower power, and would theoretically cut costs further.

It seems like both the 360 and PS3 are looking to move away from their low-end models, not least because in the case of the 360 Core, you really do hamstring devs to some extent with the requirement that they can't count on a HDD cache, and also because Core users are getting pretty limited functionality as regards Live downloads and limited saves.

I'm kind of surprised that the Elite was released at all - I'd guess it was just intended to be a stopgap so that MS could claim HDMI support to counter Sony's HDMI support. I'd imagine that HDMI ports and larger HDDs will become standard in the standard console in the near future.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    Man, Gears really was short. Anyone have a suggestion for a solid 360 title? Something in the action/fps/shooter genre? Besides Crackdown, cause I'll probably snag that regardless.

Also, I have no Live friends, and I've decided my Live tag sucks balls. Any way I can change it or get another account?

I think that you pretty much have to buy a new account, though you could always try calling customer support. Anyways, your gamertag is by no means bad when you look at all the shitty fuckign XxxSl4y3rxxX tags out there. I'd say it's pretty decent considering.

I'll add anyone from this forum who sends me a friend request. Even people with retarded g4m3rt4gz.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    You can change your GT...I think you pay $10 in Marketplace points to do it.

P.S. mine is the way it is because any other variation I could come up with was either taken or looked completely retarded, and there was no way I was doing that X shit. Anyone on here can feel free to add me...I'm just not on that often. :(

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Why do you have that American Idol kid as your avatar?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It's Adrian Grenier from Entourage.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    In fairness, Crackdown is a pretty good game. The multiplayer is ass though.
    Yeah I've enjoyed Crackdown thus far. It was made by the original GTA3 team, right?

Yar on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My gamertag is Asmadeus.

Suck it bitches.

@Gooey: I've been thoroughly enjoying Dead Rising.

Quid on
  • Options
    legionlegion North YorkRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    @Gooey: I've been thoroughly enjoying Dead Rising.
    I've been through Dead Rising twice now, and the second play through was even more fun than the first, since I actually tried to follow the main case files / story instead of just running around kicking ass.

Rampant zombie butchery makes for good times aplenty no matter how you play it, though, so I'll second this suggestion.

legion on