As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I did a stupid pull, as I have Seifer and Thancred MLBed so of course I get two Seifer 15s......

....but 12 tickets later and I snagged Serah's EX, yay! I need her 35 still, I hope I have enough power coins.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Tickets for Serah:
    100 tickets spent

Twelve 15 CP weapons, including three off banner

Sweet Jesus that is bad. Granted, I already have Thancred and Seifer MLB, so I was going to be getting a ton of power stones regardless.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Bad ticket streaks are the worst thing, you have my sympathies.

I'm fresh out of stones, and gems, so it's time for enforced gem save mode. I had around 70 a couple weeks ago so I spent a bunch on finishing off various 15s that I also had 35s for.

Rius on
  • Options
    What a cast iron bitch farming Shiva boards is going to be. The number of folks I'm going to take to full mastery is going to be very low.

• Options
    I've only been working on one set of people so far, so I'm not sure what my strategy is going to be when I swap 'em out. But this first batch has been Seifer, Rinoa, and WoL, with Quistis friend..... Usually works ok? Much more dangerous a fight than Ifrit though, I had to restart a couple of times.

And since I got some tickets from the summoning board, I, uhh, probably used up the rest of my luck for the year.

1 ticket at Serah banner got me her 35, the only item I didn't have.

1 ticket at the Freya banner got me Zidane EX, the only item I didn't have.

Holy. Crap.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I also got Serah EX on my third multi, which is very good since I have a healthy stash left for Vayne now

Farming her passives is going to suck, at least they always come in the 2* variant

• Options
    Looks like Kefka 15cp can and will carry pretty much any group so long as you've got decent damage

• Options
    Ok yeah, Serah artifact farming is some weapons grade bullshit.

• Options
    I'm going for the sure thing of summon board points, rather than artifact rng. I'll get some Serah artifacts from running Vayne multiplayer.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I'm finding that a lot of the bosses lately have a lot of extra text boxes and take annoyingly long turns. It's kinda killing my enjoyment of this game. My Golbez/Quistis/Thancred team can win against Ultimate Shiva pretty easily, but it's so tedious.

The chimeras in the Twins event were similarly time consuming for no good reason.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Shiva's pretty easy with Serah and Thancred +1, I've found. Poison nukes her Brave and Serah can be a battery and do damage and debuffs, while Thancred just murders with his brave-exceeding HP skills.

Of course, getting Serah's EX probably helped a lot, but I haven't even maxed it out yet.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Shiva's pretty easy with Serah and Thancred +1, I've found. Poison nukes her Brave and Serah can be a battery and do damage and debuffs, while Thancred just murders with his brave-exceeding HP skills.

Of course, getting Serah's EX probably helped a lot, but I haven't even maxed it out yet.

Slightly wasteful to have two super synergy characters in the same party. I'm going to try to split them up, so the super synergy folks can grant double XP to as many other characters as I can. Serah is indeed very good, and can carry some very weak characters on her back.

• Options
    Mastered COSMOS Shiva with 471k in 52 turns with EX Serah, EX Rinoa, EX Agrias, Ifrit summon, Sephiroth friend. Agrias is top notch for this; Shiva never cast a single Diamond Dust or Resist Veil. She did get an Icicle Thrust off before Avatar because she's got quite a pile of HP to work through even to get her below 80%. I used one of each EX cast in the first stage, for reference.

Agrias' HP Regen aura at 4/5 stacks of her buff is sufficient to keep Rinoa pretty healthy; Rinoa only had to Angelo once and it was on the second stage anyway. Sephiroth as a friend summon is pretty invaluable for the bottom 40% of their HP because Shiva's immune to SPD Down but his aura still takes effect. It gave me just enough extra turns when Summon ran out and they were still on ~20% apiece to get one more Agrias turn for her last battery, keeping things under control, which gave me the rest of the time I needed to finish them both off.

ni898c7xdwgy.jpg

Kefka would not be very good for COSMOS unfortunately because Shiva wipes her unframed debuffs when she casts Diamond Dust, so he wouldn't be able to block her from HP attacking.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Oh, Vivi banner, you're so good/weird to me. I pulled soon after it came out, primarily for Vivi's EX (already had Zidane's), and got it fairly quickly (3 or 4 10+1 pulls got me there) which I was elated about!. I was hoping to get some of Freya's too (I liked her from FF 9), but didn't get any of her weapons in those pulls. So, decided to just pull on tickets to try and get some copies of her weapon. 10 tickets later... I get another of Vivi's EX.

RNG gonna RNG.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Took me two runs to get all the missions for Shiva Cosmos. Cloud, Quistis, Rem had complete control and finished with no damage, but Rem wasted too many turns and so I missed turn count and score.

Replaced Rem with Lulu, ate a ton of damage, had plenty of turns and score to spare.

Oddly, the Cosmos difficulty seems less threatening, just because Shiva doesn't have Diamond Dust charged immediately after splitting.

Fry on
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Zack LC is up, got the EX and now I'm regretting that I didn't MLB any of his weapons or max his crystal level yet. Still, that's a good run of EX, getting Zack, Vivi, and the Twins after missing out on Rinoa, Lenna, and Sephiroth.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Zack's my boy so I ticketed his EX

Got enough to pity Vayne and then I'm probably done until at least Balthier

• Options
    Mog's Shop got reset due to an error; enjoy getting another mountain of high shards of all colors.

• Options
    Vayne has landed. Did a couple of pulls and some tickets

Pull 1: Pecil 35
    Pull 2: Cyan 35, Vayne EX!
    About 14 tickets for me a Cyan 15 and Pecil 15 as well.

I might have to keep going for Vayne's 35 though, I don't have enough power tokens to buy it.

• Options
    I could use all the 35s on this banner so of course I've drawn like six 15s in 10k gems and 50 tickets

• Options
    Well now I've gotten 4x Pecil 35 so you get what you ask for I guess, heh.

Three hits on like 70 tickets though. Ouch.

• Options
    Got Vaynes EX on literally my first multi

It took another 30k gems before I saw his 35

At least I didn't have to pity him?

Also lol Vayne Zack Serah with their desired arties is an insane team

• Options
    I used about 30 tickets, and got a crazy return, 2x Cyan 35 and Paladin Cecil's 15 and 35.

I did one 10+1 pull and got... one silver, and Irvine's (wth?!) 15. Yeaaaaah.... >.> I know there's got to be regression to the mean, but this felt like the mean body-slammed me. :bigfrown:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    This Vayne COSMOS has me feeling the lack of a 35 or EX for Zack or Vayne. I'm bringing Cloud and friend Quistis for the paralyzes and turn delays, but if I get this at all it's going to be very close to the turn limit.

• Options
    Also, why does Zack put his sword in the ground in his EX, only to pick it up right away again to do his EX move? Weird choice there.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I did one 10+1 pull and got... one silver, and Irvine's (wth?!) 15

It's easy to forget, but 10% of all gold orbs will be off-banner 15s. On average, you're expected to draw two off-banner 15s per EX weapon you draw.

Fry on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I did one 10+1 pull and got... one silver, and Irvine's (wth?!) 15

It's easy to forget, but 10% of all gold orbs will be off-banner 15s. On average, you're expected to draw two off-banner 15s per EX weapon you draw.

I laugh at this notion! Ha ha!

• Options
    I'll probably use 25 of my ~60 power tokens to grab Vayne's 35 if I can't scrape it or his EX up; it doesn't seem like his EX is too necessary. Obviously it's great QoL but it looks to me like he can have plenty of free ability use threshold activations before running low/out of said abilities to use.

• Options
    Post post post.

I've now got 3x All Debuff Attack Boost ** artifacts for Serah; unfortunately they're paired with Atk +108, Bravery Moonlight **, and Etro's Miracle Boost **. So I haven't gotten any of the Moonlight Charge ** ones, at all.

• Options
    Don't kill yourself trying for it

• Options
    Yeah I'm not gonna go ham or anything; the Vayne multiplayer lasts quite a while so just running it every so often with a double item book will get me some more attempts.

• Options
    Scraped up 5k from 2-3 Hard and did a 5th multi on Vayne's banner

2/11 with a Cyan 15 and Vayne EX yeahhhhhh

I'm telling you, the only good pull is a desperation pull. I still need to power token for his 35, megalul

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    I completed Vayne COSMOS earlier today using a team of Zidane, Sephiroth and Lenna. The stacking of Speed Down from both Zidane and Sephiroth really slows down the boss and gives enough turns that you do not have to avoid boss attacks to get through.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    Tickets for Vayne:
    44 tickets spent
    Pecil 15
    Vayne 15
    Cyan 35
    Vayne EX

Guess I will be picking up his 35 with tokens

• Options
    Lulu Rinoa Agrias is an awesome party for double bosses. Agrias' heal over time is enough to keep Rinoa topped off and her and Rinoa love hitting weakness. There's a fight in 2-3 Hard against two Tear Eyes with a billion HP each and they rocked it.

• Options
    1 perfect cursed Serah art, 2 to go.

(I'm not going totally nuts for it, but I'm also hunting for better Vayne and Zack artifacts anyway so the Co-op is perfect for the three of them.)

Those three are ridiculously strong for this event, it's kind of insane.

• Options
    i'm consistently clearing the mp boss on turn 8, takes just over a minute per run from hitting go to finishing the victory screen

refreshing bells 4 times per triple item book

still no cursed artifact!

• Options
    41 dudes left to get to at least the Shiva treasures, and they're all among my 60/60 crew, most of them with 35CP at least. So probably at least half of them can contribute enough damage to carry themselves in a 3 minute run.

I have 8 triple XP books left. Ten or eleven runs per book is 80-88 runs. I can bring two folks to each run, each folk needs 3 runs, should be plenty able to get this done in the next 3-4 days.

I have 20k gems and 60 tickets which is almost a fortune by my standards, lol.

• Options
    So, is this Abyss Beta thing just like a time-limited chapter?

• Options
    edited August 2019
    So, is this Abyss Beta thing just like a time-limited chapter?

It's a new thing for global (that is, it was not in the JP version), so we'll find out in ~6 hours.

IIRC from the livestream, it's supposed to be permanent content, with some portion of time-limited rewards. Not unlike Lost Chapters in that regard.

Fry on