As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    ~40 tickets and 10k gems later I've got Yuna's EX hot damn

I'm going to bring Zack to the cosmos Co-Op but I wish WoL were synergy, he's so stupid OP lol

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Played around a bit with Terra, the rework makes her a lot more fun.

Though its kind of a weird choice to make a meteor storm hit a single target while a single ball of fire has to split to hit multiple targets.

Terra has got pinpoint accuracy on those meteors!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I got Yuna’s EX on my very first 11-pull

FFX draws truly do love me

Now to figure out if I wanna use my leftover 35k gems to try for Terra’s EX or wait for something else.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    All those gems and tickets I spent on Terra months ago to get her maxed out finally pays off. My first 70/70 and she just shits damage. Which is good, because my pulls on the banner have resulted in nothing but a lot of Zack 15s.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    After playing around with the new awakening wave, I feel that Ramza definitely made out the best of the reworks. He occupies fewer buff slots on his allies thanks to his new buff aura Pep from Galvanize and his HP+++ does not increase the turn count.

Terra is really strong now, but she's stuck with 12 total ability uses and a slow+bad EX ability. I like her kit and will be using her since I had her weapons already, but I would not consider her a must pull when there are already good mages at 70 with more on the way.

I won't be pulling for Yuna's EX and she is stuck having to rely on her special artifact passives to get her Max BRV to a reasonable level, but the Yuna I have seen in the co-op so far have been impressive.

Zack is still good. Now he just has the stats of a level 70 character. Seven and Faris still show their age for now.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I kinda wanted Ramza's EX since Tactics is my jam, but I pretty much walked away with a lot of power stones and Terra EX instead. Which isn't a bad consolation prize, since I had her 15 and 35 MLB already so she's ready for trouble.

Luckily I didn't get anything for Yuna so I don't feel like the need to farm for cursed artifacts. My luck, I'll end up getting some anyway and be stuck with only her 15.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    200 tickets, no Yuna EX. Only 16 golds. Oh well

• Options
    Playing with Terra some more, it really does feel weird that her EX is so weak for being so slow, and doesn't have any synergy with any of her other abilities. Its pretty disappointing. At least have it increase her magic meter, or something!

Also, how do you guys deal with those angel guys on EX and COSMOS? I feel like I don't understand when they do or don't counter? I just completed the EX level, and kinda just brute forced it with WoL's shield, but that still doesn't stop the nasty max brave debuff. Should I bring Lenna too, to prevent the debuff? I don't have her EX though.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    They did my girl Rydia dirty in this game

tudn9u4e8mn31.jpg

• Options
    Yuna's Valefor animations are soooo good too. I had to switch back to her original costume!

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Also, how do you guys deal with those angel guys on EX and COSMOS? I feel like I don't understand when they do or don't counter? I just completed the EX level, and kinda just brute forced it with WoL's shield, but that still doesn't stop the nasty max brave debuff. Should I bring Lenna too, to prevent the debuff? I don't have her EX though.

The guys from Act 2 Chapter 4 and the Wings mini event? Read the enemy info - they counter magic attacks. Edit: and they get the Drain follow-up whenever they score a break or attack a broken target, so don't let them do that

WoL has a good chance to dodge the debuffs if you have his 35. Also, IIRC it's not framed, so you can push it off. Or just have WoL draw all their attacks, so he is the only one getting debuffed and let your other two characters clean up.

Fry on
  • Options
    9/23 Livestream notes
    Sep 25: Radiant Artifacts revamp
    - World of Illusions gives you tokens, which can be exchanged for the artifacts of your choice
    - artifact enhancement gil cost reduced
    - current permanent and temporary WoI artifacts will be going away

Sep 25: Stratum 10 for Abyss Beta
    - (it's really three floors connected to one hub)
    - adjusted quest distribution (fewer non-boss quests)
    - limited time missions removed (rewards moved to Cosmos quest)

Sep 26: Prompto event (and costume bundle)
    - first event with artifact tokens

Sep 30: Ultimate Ramuh
    - Setzer EX!
    - super synergy: Maria, Onion, Lenna, Setzer, Cid VII, Eiko
    - 3x books on sale until Oct 10

Oct 3: Gilgamesh V lost chapter
    Oct 7: Alphinaud event
    Oct 18: Relm lost chapter
    Oct 21: mystery character (Aphmau) event
    Oct 29: Leon lost chapter

Oct 10: Autumn festival
    - Trick or Treat co-op quests
    - final wave could be "trick" or "treat" or ???
    - new animated stickers

Oct 10: Start Dash campaign
    - banner: Squall EX, Cloud EX, Lightning EX
    - first multi draw free
    - no off-banner 5* weapons

Oct 10 - Nov 7: Limited time EX power token exchange
    - limited time missions to get EX power tokens
    - exchange EX power tokens for the featured EX weapon of your choice
    - unused tokens will be lost at the end of the campaign

- daily missions for crystals/power orbs
    - double cycle quest rewards
    - Carbuncle's Treasures

Oct 10: Act 2 Chapter 5
    - Noel arrives
    - Story draw, first multi draw free

Oct 10: Locke event re-run (not Lost Chapter)

Oct 14: Raid event
    - has an associated banner, first multidraw free

next stream: Oct 28

SQEX_Gladdy (rachel): 609252382

• Options
    That's a lot of great news, thank goodness for the artifact farming improvements. And we are getting the EX shop event! Nifty.

Rerun of the Locke event is weird, weird, weird. What's that all about?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    That's a lot of great news, thank goodness for the artifact farming improvements. And we are getting the EX shop event! Nifty.

Rerun of the Locke event is weird, weird, weird. What's that all about?

Yeah, it's so frustrating to try and farm artifacts for, say, Paine, and I get maybe 8 drops for her across 4 attempts and get, like, 30 for Firion or some other doofus I'm not using.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Locke is featured in the story for act 2 Chapter 5, but it's still a little early for his lost chapter. I think JP might have also gotten the event re run at this point.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Gonna go for Setzer's EX, hoping that he returns to respectability again. :)

Edit: Also, about the artifacts: I assume it just means you can choose the character's artifacts that you want? and not the stats/abilities you want?

I'd really love it if you can just pay the tokens/gold to just fully LB an artifact instead of having to do what we do now. Though that auto button is worlds better than before.

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    I wrapped up the Cinque event and used the EX mission tickets on Selphie's banner and got her EX in six tickets, what the fuck is happening lol

• Options
    Gonna go for Setzer's EX, hoping that he returns to respectability again. :)

Edit: Also, about the artifacts: I assume it just means you can choose the character's artifacts that you want? and not the stats/abilities you want?

I'd really love it if you can just pay the tokens/gold to just fully LB an artifact instead of having to do what we do now. Though that auto button is worlds better than before.

Well, I guess it was the first one. I'd really like if if they just set a price (tokens + gold) to just buy a fully LB'ed artifact instead of going through this rigmarole about buying the artifacts then selecting the ones to LB, and then LBing them. Its a lot of taps (and possibly scrolling) that is just needless.

• Options
    The super imps in Prompto Cosmos are obnoxious. Their AOE attack deals full HP damage to all members, so if you don't do anything to mitigate the attack it can wipe you. Or at least scupper your HP score requirement.

Warrior of Light is highly recommended, especially if you have his EX weapon.

• Options
    I used Warrior of Light and they still smoked me, but that might be because I took too long, so the remaining Imp did 8k AOE damage with his last attack. Fortunately he was nearly dead and one person survived, but yeah, I missed out on score, KO, and damage requirements. Bleh.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Setzer's EX is reminding me its still a gatcha. :( 2 pulls from being pity broken (and about 80 tickets) and no EX, though I did get enough to MLB onion knight's 35. I should definitely have enough time to get enough gems to get pity broken, but man, this is karma getting back at me for having pretty good luck with EXs that I've rolled on recently.

• Options
    Sorry friends, I took some of the gatcha luck and got Setzer EX in 2 pulls.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Super bahamut also can go suck an egg. I just can't put out enough damage before he does his silly cure thing. :(

Edit: WOOOOOOT! Finally, got some tickets from Ramuh, and finally got Setzer's EX. So, technically not pity broken? Still 2 10+1 pulls away, so I'm wondering whether its worth getting the dupe to save some power stones. Though, from all the dupes, I'm now sitting on like 50 power stones... silver linings I guess.

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    After several days of experimenting with how to kill Ramuh as fast as possible, I've got a good tempo going of using Setzer (no EX) as my special boosted and pairing one strong with one weak character. Using Shiva summon and a friend d Quistis means that I can make sure Ramuh never acts, avoiding a slow HP attack and having to deal with the crystals.

I'm almost done farming treasures from all Ramuh summon boards, but I will need to go back and master the boards for come characters after that. My goal is to be mostly done with Ramuh summon board grinding before the next story Chapter (and everything else) drop midweek next week. It is going to be a lot of stuff, by the way. On the same day we are getting the Story Chapter, Locke event rerun, Start Dash campaign, level 70 awakening wave 3, and the start of the Autumn Campaign.

Don't forget we also have a new event coming out in a few days for Alphinaud which will feature both a rework and EX weapon for Yda.

Xerink on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I am a dumdum and took Noctis and a friend Quistis to the Gilgamesh LC, where the boss is completely immune to debuffs. (Point Blank Warp is a debuff.)

Still utterly destroyed the score requirement. Other characters were Ramza and a very weak Gilgamesh.

Fry on
  • Options
    I've gotten mastery for about a third of my roster, just the treasure nodes for another third, and have the last third to still work on. I'd like to get more masteries but I guess if time runs short I should have enough time for at least all the treasures.

I didn't realize next week was so packed! I thought I was getting a nice buffer on tickets and crystals with all the Ramuh farming, but that might disappear real quick.

• Options
    Completed Ramuh's board for 6 characters, so I might do another set of 3, particularly of any lightning damage dealers (Beatrix, Lightning, and some boosted character, or maybe Garnet).

Been meaning to ask, but what actually constitutes a "chain attack" for that one passive on Ramuh's summon board? Is that where one ability (like Glare Hand) sets up the next ability (Glare Hand+ or ++)?

Second question, but what is this "Start Dash campaign" that starts next week?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Completed Ramuh's board for 6 characters, so I might do another set of 3, particularly of any lightning damage dealers (Beatrix, Lightning, and some boosted character, or maybe Garnet).

Been meaning to ask, but what actually constitutes a "chain attack" for that one passive on Ramuh's summon board? Is that where one ability (like Glare Hand) sets up the next ability (Glare Hand+ or ++)?

Second question, but what is this "Start Dash campaign" that starts next week?

"Chain attack" is the official term for knockback/launch/etc. I think that passive only applies to choosing to do BRV damage as one of the followup turns to a launch. So it's a marginal upgrade.

Not to be confused with "ability chain" referenced by some characters' passives, which is when you use any ability OTHER than basic BRV attack/HP attack in consecutive turns of the same character. BRV+ and HP+ even count as part of the ability chain, so these passives are probably always on.

Start Dash campaign is the triple EX Cloud/Lightning/Squall banner, and some other associated goodies.

Fry on
  • Options
    At least for normal Ramuh, the easiest way I've found to beat him is just bring Eiko. Buh-bye, all his HP attacks mattering.

• Options
    So I figured I'd throw the 5 tickets from clearing Gilgamesh final Hard stage at his banner and whoops, EX get. Now I've got a new project to work on. I'm debating if I should throw a few more tickets for his 35 or just buy it on the shop.

...I should probably buy it on the shop and not waste more gems/tickets seeing as how packed next week is.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Alphinaud and Yda rework are here! I'm a huge 14 mark so I threw 5k gems in. 2/11: Alph 15, Yda EX!

Guess I'm using power tokens for Alph's 35!

EDIT: How did I get under 400 blue regular shards?!

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I, uhh, threw a handful of tickets at this and got Yda's EX, so yay new project for the pile.

Might keep throwing a small amount of tickets at this and the Gilgamesh banner, their 35s + Alphinaud's would be nice and I don't have enough tokens to buy them all.

• Options
    The synergy characters this time around (Alph Yda Celes and Greg) are... not great, to put it mildly

And I don't have any of them geared

Farming MP is going to be a pain

• Options
    I would argue that thanks to recent reworks, Alphinaud, Yda and Greg are all solid synergy characters for this event. The problem is they are all weapon dependent to some degree (Greg is the most dependent of the bunch) so you'll probably be using none of them without any weapons.

I used tickets on this banner and got Alphinaud's 35cp after about 100 tickets. I justified the investment on the premise that only 3 of the weapons were immediate power stones going in (Celes 15cp / 35cp, Yda 15cp) and I'm a big fan of Alphinaud in FFXIV. Sadly outside of Alphinaud weapons I go no copies of Yda 35cp so everything else I pulled was immediately sold. Ah well.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    The Alphinaud multiplayer is not significantly harder than usual for MP. The only issue is maybe scoring the first break on each target, but the enemies are usually only too happy to do an HP attack to make that easy for you. Once the enemies have been broken, it's the same as any other fight.

Edit: Alphinaud Cosmos has a ridiculously tight HP requirement. You pretty much have to bring a healer, because one of the regular attacks they do is to recover from break and do an attack for more than the HP requirement worth of damage. :/

Fry on
  • Options
    Let the madness begin, good luck to all on your free pulls!

3 EX banner: unneeded Lightning 15
    Noel: unneeded Locke 35

Welp. That went about as well as expected.

Took a gem pull on Noel: Locke 15. Noel EX.

Yay!

Also tossed 10 tickets at Noel and got his CP15.

Also also a quick test of Locke's rework and hot dang me likey.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Free Locke EX for me, I'm ok with this

Edit: 88 tickets to find Noel EX, also not bad

Fry on
  • Options
    From the free pulls, got a Cloud 35 (usuable, only had his 35 at 1 LB), unneeded Noctis 15, and a Noel EX.

I too, am ok with this.

Guess I got to figure out what the deal with Noel is!

• Options
    I got junk, junk and more junk from the two free pulls plus a 5k on the Locke/Noel banner, but that's ok my luck's been pretty above average lately

In worse news, there are ~3 days left on Ramuh super synergy and I've barely farmed any boards at all. I will crank out some triple exp books tomorrow and try to get most of my EX-having persons mastered, but it's not looking good. I just can't be arsed to bring 100 different characters to it; bring on the rework to that process plz

• Options
    Well, it happened

Ticket #1 on Noel banner: Noel EX