As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I don't use Garland much, but I have his EX+ at 0/3 and I felt like burning some resources. Did a couple pulls, but ended up snagging his LD about 50 tickets in.

I guess I'm using Garland more now.

Burned some resources getting his EX+ to 3/3, mastering LD, and even did his Character Board. Managed to squeak out a win on the Challenge quest. Squall (all), Garland (all), WoL 0/3, Shiva summon. Was going to buff up WoL but since I got Garland and was able to pull off the win, will save resources instead.

I also pulled like 4 dupe EXs with tickets. Madness!

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Ugh most of these LD banners are so painful..I have everything on this but Garland LD, but his doesn't come back for however long and if I want it I basically have to wade through pointless dupes for miles.

Yeah, all three banners so far in the new world of LDs, I have already owned all of the EXes. I'll throw a few tickets at Garland because he carried me for a while at the start of Chaos, but I'm not convinced he offers anything nowadays, even with his LD. Which is too bad, because I like the character.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Ugh most of these LD banners are so painful..I have everything on this but Garland LD, but his doesn't come back for however long and if I want it I basically have to wade through pointless dupes for miles.

Yeah, all three banners so far in the new world of LDs, I have already owned all of the EXes. I'll throw a few tickets at Garland because he carried me for a while at the start of Chaos, but I'm not convinced he offers anything nowadays, even with his LD. Which is too bad, because I like the character.

Oh yeah he's definitely not worth it. I already can't field all my meta dudes.

But I want it so bad. Weep. Garland is just so damn cool for a villain with like 4 lines total from a 30 year old game.

The only antagonist who is better is my boy Ardyn. Mhmm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ugh, I had forgotten how much I hate Phantom Mails.

Also, Colorless Queen is annoying. On the first go-around, I used a cheese strat to hyper delay her so she never got a turn. Not going to be able to do that for the challenge quest, at least. That AOE "blow away all of your BRV and then HP attack for most/all of your health" is pretty gross, not to mention the random paralyzes.

• Options
    Reminder that even if you don't have a boosted team for the challenge quest, you can still get some gems and tickets out of it with a non-boosted team. Not much, but every bit counts.

Amidatelion is this week. I'm probably going to pull hard here; the idea of outright deleting enemy turns makes me cackle with glee. I also don't have Layle's EX, nor have I MLBed Deuce, so it's probably one of the better banner pulls I'll see for awhile.

• Options
    Yeah, from what I gather, Amidatelion's going to be an outstanding unit for a long time. Great debuffer, and being able to outright delete the next enemy turn can solve all sorts of problems for you.

Definitely a recommended pull.

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I haven't posted here recently but a little update.

I got Squall's LD with tickets. Was able to do the Soul Cannon Challenge Quest with a team of Squall 3/3+LD (CB), Gilgamesh 3/3 (CB), and 0/3 Cait Sith with Shiva summon. It required a lot of resets to get a handle on fight and I experimented with several team comps along the way to see if someone else would work since I also have 3/3 Tifa and 0/3 Auron.

I didn't get Garland's LD from tickets and after doing the Chaos fight last night I now remember how obnoxious and awful the Colorless Queen is as a boss fight. I have WoL and Sephiroth at 0/3 so I'll probably take some shots at the Challenge quest here, but I'll likely need to invest some ingots to get over the hump based on what I've been hearing. I might wait until the Amidatelion banner and see if I luck into Squall's BT before taking a serious shot at it.

Xerink on
    PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    Got Garland LD. Him, Squall EX+3, and WoL EX+0 was not even remotely close to making the turn count; I surrendered at 20 turns past and still like 30% boss HP remaining. Yeesh.

WoL makes the phantom mails much less of a threat, but he can't put out nearly enough damage for a modern fight.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    uh...what's the best place to get armor upgrade mats right now? just hit my favorite summon world and grind away there with a book???

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Probably do the Trey event co-op, grouped boosted if possible and solo if nobody's doing it. Turn in all the tokens for armor orbs.

If you haven't done Mog's Gym or still have tokens left, that's also an option.

You can also buy a few with Dissidia points, if you haven't bought any this week yet.

• Options
    Probably do the Trey event co-op, grouped boosted if possible and solo if nobody's doing it. Turn in all the tokens for armor orbs.

If you haven't done Mog's Gym or still have tokens left, that's also an option.

You can also buy a few with Dissidia points, if you haven't bought any this week yet.

done all of the above already :P

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Got Garland LD. Him, Squall EX+3, and WoL EX+0 was not even remotely close to making the turn count; I surrendered at 20 turns past and still like 30% boss HP remaining. Yeesh.

WoL makes the phantom mails much less of a threat, but he can't put out nearly enough damage for a modern fight.

After scouring the reddit thread, I punted Squall for Sephiroth (EX+1) and just barely got there, literally won on turn 100 of 100. Yikes!

Diabolos summon is a huge help for a Sephiroth + WoL team, that extra +30% Int BRV does a ton of work.

Key strategy points: going hard with Garland vs the Phantom Mails, get straight in with his LD because you need that splash damage more than you need having Chains of Time for the Colorless Queen. Also, go hard with Sephiroth vs the Phantom Mails, you need splash damage from Black Materia, and once One-Winged Angel kicks in he will have massive BRV regen and can actually do fine work just with HP+.

• Options
    260 tickets in and I got that Garland LD. Things are looking up. Now to full clear 3 entire rosters of summon boards since mogpass is finally here. Build up that gem pile for pitying Noctis and Ardyn because I know my luck.

I'll probably keep wasting tickets but gems are now off the counter till I get those two.

Luckily I don't really want anything between then. Though people on discord keep nagging that I should chase Amiwhatever because of their unique uses. But eh...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Finally cleared some Dimension's End Entropy after consulting some YouTube videos. Sure am glad I waited until AFTER the summer event to do that. Ah well, I'm still getting mats to upgrade EX+ weapons and a sense of accomplishment.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Do we know when Gabranth lands? I’m wanting to plan my gem and resource savings around him.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Finally cleared some Dimension's End Entropy after consulting some YouTube videos. Sure am glad I waited until AFTER the summer event to do that. Ah well, I'm still getting mats to upgrade EX+ weapons and a sense of accomplishment.

Grats man. I should probably do that instead of trying to clear that stupid Soul Cannon fight. I just can't keep my HP up and always lose a guy around turn 24ish with Cait, Squall and Steiner.

• Options
    Grove wrote: »
    Do we know when Gabranth lands? I’m wanting to plan my gem and resource savings around him.

Gabranth is forecasted for early September, with Act 2 Chapter 10. LD/BT on his banner are for Vaan, and Balthier EX rounds it out.

Grats man. I should probably do that instead of trying to clear that stupid Soul Cannon fight. I just can't keep my HP up and always lose a guy around turn 24ish with Cait, Squall and Steiner.

Auron's Int BRV debuff helps a ton in keeping the missile damage under control. Another option is taking Alexander as your summon, for the HP regen.

• Options
    I don't....maybe I do have enough resources to purple him. or is 0/3 doable? sub him in for Steiner?

• Options
    I'm going to give Soul Cannon one more shot now that I maxed Auron's EX. Will it be the key to ultimate victory? Maybe?

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    I don't....maybe I do have enough resources to purple him. or is 0/3 doable? sub him in for Steiner?

I found it helpful to skim threads on Reddit where people are posting their clears, to get an idea of what folks were having success with. Since I don't have Squall LD, that meant I could skip quite a few comments, ha!

Charging Power (Soul Cannon) challenge quest

Cycle of Battle challenge quest

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Been looking at the impressions of Paine EX+ from people playing the JP version.

Consensus seems to be that the EX+ itself is good but that Paine desperately needs a rework, so overall she's still underwhelming.

Man, I feel like I can't catch a break with FFX characters.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    It's not often I can say it, but man it's good to be a XI fanboy in Dissidia. Such a good roster.

Still really annoyed that there is no proper characters for the base game tho. Shantotto is a black mage scroll npc with like 3 quests in the base game and they just skipped right over Shadowlord.

It's like skipping FFX and only having X-2 characters. Except one of them is just one of those random guards you meet on mushroom road or whatever it's called.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Speaking of FFX, is Rikku pretty much the highest profile character still not in the game?

I mean, personally I'm waiting for Umaro, but she's an odd exclusion.

• Options
    I assume the plan for Rikku is to blueball everyone so badly that they spend an inordinate amount of money once she is released.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Speaking of FFX, is Rikku pretty much the highest profile character still not in the game?

I mean, personally I'm waiting for Umaro, but she's an odd exclusion.

Yeah, it's pretty much her, some of the less popular characters from a few games (Quina and Amarant, Gogo, Tellah), and then like all of Tactics.

Edit: 13 and 14 don't have villains yet. One could argue that 4, 10, and Type 0 don't, either

Fry on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    rikku's art and voice files are in the game

fsu1agn489x5.png

• Options
    Where's my Mobius characters at? Still some of the best. They could have a lot of fun with those characters too.

Started working on reward clearing these summon boards. This mogpass boost is so good. Brings a tear to me eye.

Also tho it's nice to basically just load in, use burst and have them basically be dead too. Speeds things right up.

Now my big problem is getting enough artifacts. That stage that gives the points really doesn't seem to give enough to really feel worth it. Even if it's easy enough to hp+ auto it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Chasing artifacts is what ultimately will do me in for this game. After all this time, I'm still chasing Squall and Tifa (and others) for even just decent artifacts. Going all in on farming the raid with 3x books, then watching all of them turn out to be utter rubbish is driving me bonkers.

I at least got the other raid characters somewhere between good artifacts and BiS artifacts, but Squall and Tifa just keep bringing the trash.

• Options
    Can y’all help me understand the BT LD weapon game now? I feel a bit confused.

Is squall the only one with a BT but he and garland have LD’s? And LD’s are preferred?

And do LD’s release at a higher frequency than BT?

And my biggest Q: how many gems do I need to save for Gabranth to guarantee I get every weapon? I have about 200k so far. Is he releasing with his EX and LD and BT?

Apologies for the long one. I’m on vacation with basically zero reception except for a five foot spot by a lake so it’s difficult forms to research

• Options
    edited August 2020
    BT only for series protagonists and antagonists AFAIK.

That means I think if anyone gets a BT is Vayne not Gabranth.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    BTs are mainly for the main protagonist/antagonist of a game. They have the lowest pull rate, and require 125,000 gems to pity. They are basically overkill right now. Great to have, but you can live without it.

LDs will be what everyone eventually gets in addition to their current 15/35/EX+ kit. They've got the same pull rate that EXs used to have, and require the same amount to pity (75,000 gems). LDs are generally the main focus going forward.

Gabranth is only releasing with his EX+, so you only need to get his 15/35/EX for now. I want to say his LD only recently came out in Japan, so you've got a while to save up for that.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Gabranth only gets an EX for now, you just need 75k to guarantee that.

JP just got Gabranth LD, so it's like nine months away for global. 75k to guarantee that.

BT takes 125k to guarantee. Mathematically, you should get the LD and EX on the way to that. It's astronomical that you would need to pity all three of EX, LD, and BT for a character, so 200k is a safe budget to fully kit one character.

Every new event should have one LD. BTs release twice per month, and will appear on four banners each.

Only one character can use a BT per fight, while everybody can use their LDs. So you want to worry more about getting a good mix of LDs. As always though, for any given character, you want to collect all of their weapons if you can.

Fry on
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the info everyone. I lucked into garlands LD on 10 tickets so I may do a few pulls and see if I can grab his ex.

• Options
    6 gem pulls for Amitadelion. Snagged 2 extra Deuce EX (glad I didn't previously spend power stones to MLB it), Layle EX (yay!), a handful of power stone fodder, and on the 6th pull, Ami EX and LD.

Gotta pick up the 35 in the shop but at least I didn't have to pity for it.

Now to level them up; I'll eventually set Amitadelion as my friend unit once I've got things maxed out, if anybody wants needs some extra turn deletion.

• Options
    So am I right in thinking I should hold onto my purple EX’s and keep them equipped rather than equipping a MLB LD weapon?

And if that’s the case, should I hold on to the LD or is it safe to sell?

• Options
    You sell LD once you're done with it. Ex+ has better stats.

Got Ami 15/LD/EX in 91 tickets.

3 Deuce EX as well.

0 Layle. Anything of his, actually. Dude just doesn't like me I guess.

So that was cool. Now to use the last of my ingots on making this spirit bird person complete I guess. Then actually use em to see what they do. Since I don't actually know.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If I got a BT I can sell my EX+ right?

• Options
    If I got a BT I can sell my EX+ right?

Yeah, max bt is the best you can get stat wise.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Took me 14 multi draws to get Ami LD and EX. But I happened to get Squalls burst along the way, so that's cool.

• Options
    Damn 100 tickets and 45k gems later got complete Deuce, complete Ami and I'm still missing Layle's EX. I wonder I'm 200 tokens on the banner. Should I just go for the 100 and go for it? Is he good?