As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    21 more tickets got me another Sazh 15, lol. Five copies just from this banner.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Well, apparently complaining about my bad luck on banners on the internet worked! Used 9 tickets I got from the Garnet co-op, and I got Celes' 35! :biggrin:

Gonna still have to go to the banner again, if nothing else to get her 15, but I'm in much better spirits this morning!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Scraped enough gems to do another 11 pull. Celes 15 #3.

I'm sure I'll flush whatever tickets I get in the next few days down that toilet too. :rotate:

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    The Celes co-op is pretty spectacularly easy if you have multiple Paplymos. Chained summons and whichever spell you get bonuses from on your weapon, easy death. Did it with a team of 3 and the boss didn't even get an attack off, leading to a score of 108k.

411Randle on
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Pretty cool, having my Celes co-op grinding all done after 24 hours lol

• Options
    Is anyone having issues with the Android Pie update and Dffoo? It seems like it just hangs indefinitely when I try starting the game.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Alert for those using android, apparently DFFOO is NOT currently supporting the new Android 9 Pie OS.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/97mav6/news_from_square_enix_dissidia_stream/
    apparently they hope to have this fixed by the end of the month (and hopefully some way to catch the missing summer content that people like me now can't do).

Pretty lame. I guess I'll have to go back to playing Fire Emblem more in the mean time.

• Options
    Has anyone heard any update on the Android issue?

• Options
    They've extended the first wave of Summer content by two weeks

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    second free pull banner has dropped! Galuf 35/15, Eiko 35/15 and Vaan 15

Free pull got me Vaan 15 (now 2LBd) and Eiko 35 (which I sadly already MLBd through stones) but hey, free is good.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Free pull got me a single power stone, heyoooo

• Options
    Aaargh, I want to plaaaaaay!!!

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    First free banner was one copy of Sazh 15
    Second free banner was Galuf 15 + Eiko 15

I guess if I ever actually come back to the game, that Eiko stick will be nice for catching up on Lost Chapters, but otherwise, meh

• Options
    Oof, 10k gems got me 3 copies of Kain 15. That's a really good set of results, make no mistake, but now I really want that 35. I'm out of gems, though.

Fortunately, should be getting a decent amount of gems before this banner goes away thanks to the Lost Chapters we should be getting next week? Something like that.

• Options
    35 tickets got me Kain 35, Kain 15, and Shantotto 15!

then 15k gems got me Papalymo 15 (lol), Kain 15, Kain 35, Shantotto 15, and Layle 15

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    My free pulls were pretty meh. 1x Squall 15 cp from the first, 1x Vaan 15 cp from the second. I already had Vaan's sword MLBed, so it became a stone.

Did a paid draw on the second banner: Eiko 35 co and Vaan 15 cp! I immediately MLBed Eiko's 15 cp and and now rocking her with bost passives. Nice to finally have a strong support.

Xerink on
    PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    kain multiplayer is the last mp where we need to grind 1.6 million score thank fuuuck

so done with the absurd time investment every week

• Options
    Ugh, I saw all the flurry of posts, and thought that they might have updated for Android Pie support. :(

• Options
    I'm still not sure which char I'll use for the Kain MP. I only have a single LB Layle 15 cp and 0 LB Shantotto 15 cp, and I'm skipping this banner to save up for future ones. Maybe I'll take my Eiko with her new 35 cp and just brave battery others?

I don't really have any great ranged attackers. 1 LB 15 cp weapons for Irvine, Vincent, and Setzer. Eh.

• Options
    New coop rewards for the summer event dropped last night. It includes draw tickets and armor tokens in the pool. There was also a weekly banner with a 1st time 1/2 price thing going on.

Maintenance later this week will bring a bunch of QoL updates, including pulling upgrade tokens and artifacts out of the weapon/armor tabs and allowing you to use up to 30 things at a time while upgrading. Also, you can do multiple crystal levels at once.

Looking forward to the next week or so, we should be getting the Lost Chapters for Ramza, Faris and Prishe very soon. Next character event will be Maria (FF2), and we should officially be on coop event rewards tied to tokens starting with her.

Another thing to note is that Square will be doing character event polls every once in a while through Facebook and Twitter to allow players to vote on a character to arrive early. Current poll is for Kuja, Lenna and Quistsis. Last I checked, Kuja is winning by a mile. Probably means we can expect him mid to late September.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Maintenance is over and the game apparently runs on Android 9 now. FYI =)

Oh and Kuja won and he's literally going to be the next character event, lel.

Rius on
  • Options
    I have now pulled...

Four Kain 15
    Four Layle 15 (which makes six)
    Zero Shantotto 15
    Zero Kain 35
    Three Shantotto 35

RNGesus why you do this to me, I don't want to pull on this goddamn banner anymore

• Options
    Rius wrote: »

FINALLY! Downloading it now!

• Options
    Rius wrote: »

FINALLY! Downloading it now!

If you're in there, feel free to ping me in the discord channel for the MP events, I still haven't touched them and need to.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Don't really have time to play right now though, at work :( But thanks for the offer. Currently just set it to batch download everything, while doing work stuff. There is a lot to download.

I thought they had extended the Celes banner but apparently not, and this makes me a sad panda. :( Was trying to get enough gems to try to get Celes' 15 cp weapon before the Android 9 update hit. Not sure what I want work towards next. Kain is a possibility, but screw his betrayals! Palom (or Porom, I can never remember which is which) I might go for, but unless he has some interesting niche, I already have a maxed Papalymo, and a Shantotto that is in progress. I could wait around for Celes to come back, but it usually takes awhile for characters to come back on banners, doesn't it?

• Options
    Oh god yea, I didn't mean NOW now, I'm at work too, just whenever.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I am so psyched for the Kuja banner. I decided to take advantage of the gem sales during the summer events and have been saving gems again since the Celes banner. Knowing my luck I won't get Kuja's 35 cp weapon, but the two other 35 cps on the banner (Yuna and Setzer) are both solid, so getting at least once will be nice.

• Options
    @silence1186 can you update the title again? We've just had a very large QoL update, the game runs on Android 9.0 now, and current events are Kain and the Summer stuff.

• Options
    Tonight:
    Lost Chapters for:
    Prishe (Prishe, Y'shtola, King)
    Faris (Faris, Yang... Penelo, I think)
    Ramza (Ramza, Zidane, Wakka)

Also Radiant Artifacts for all nine of those characters

Kuja event starts on the 2nd
    Palom (or is it Porom?) on the 9th
    Brothers WoI on the 12th
    Maria event on the 16th
    Quistis event on the 23rd

I'm happy; the lost chapters gems should give me another two shots on this damned Kain banner.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Of course these extra gems and tickets come after the celes banner goes away. :(

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Of course these extra gems and tickets come after the celes banner goes away. :(

Indeed. And since I needed my DFFOO gatcha fix since being away for so long, I used them on the summer campaign draw, and got ... Balthier's 15 cp gun. Ahhhh, rng gonna rng. :lol:
    It was cool that I got Galuf's 35 cp weapon in the free roll, so I guess it averages out?
    What is the lowdown on Galuf's 35 cp weapon or Kain? Are either in a good place right now?

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    So uh... 2 half price draws went up last night. The first was expected with the LC's and features the 35 cp weapons for Faris, Prishe and Ramza. The other is a standard weekly banner. I was not prepared for this and decided to drop a pull on both because, half price.

The LC draw gave me Prishe 35 cp, so that's pretty awesome. My understanding is you only need that for her to be perfectly viable.

The weekly draw gave me Edgar 15 cp. That bring his weapon for me up to 1LB, but I didn't get his 35 cp last month, so eh.

Again, my luck continues with way more draws only giving out the guaranteed 1 weapon. Maybe my luck will change for Kuja? I sure hope so, SE lured one of the draws for it away with these banner.

As for the Galuf/Kain question: Galuf suffers from the same problem as other tanks in that the meta right now is to go nuts with 2 dps and a support to take out the toughest content, so most people are men for him. However, Galus is by far the best tank for dealing with physical bosses due to his evasion/counter style. Since cover also has a duration on his party members he works best in an environment where the other 2 party members are not too fast so Galuf gets a chance to dump all that BRV from countering and for bosses that rely solely on physical attacks.

As for Kain, he is currently the ranged equivalent of Lightning; powerful self buffs that do not play well with support buffs but allow him to dish out massive damage. He is very strong at carrying a weak team to victory through him own strength. That could be great or terrible depending on your style. As I said, he doesn't mesh great with supports due to overlapping buffs, but he absolutely stands on his own. I personally skipped him since I already have Lightning and am waiting for the Kuja banner (who is my favorite villain that the game will have as playable for the foreseeable future).

• Options
    I had gone all in on Sazh, but didn't get his 35. I did MLB his 15 for the second effective time, though.

Since I didn't get him, I went in all in on Kain because Kain is stronger when you don't have Sazh. I finally landed Kain's 35 late last night with some Lost Chapter gems, and now of course Sazh's banner is back. I might throw some tickets at it? But no more gems.

Kain is just superfly, I wanted some Dragoon Power on my roster. No idea what I'm saving for next... maybe start stockpiling for EX stuff? I will never last that long, lol. Maybe Sephiroth.

• Options
    I think people are guessing we might start getting early awakening and EX weapons starting next month? It's hard to tell for sure; we started getting 35 cp weapons about 1.5 months earlier than JP did. Of course, a bunch of the early EX weapons aren't the same game changers that JP is currently getting.

I'll probably take some stabs at certain EX weapons when they start arriving, but I won't specifically save for any right now.

• Options
    Xerink wrote: »
    I think people are guessing we might start getting early awakening and EX weapons starting next month? It's hard to tell for sure; we started getting 35 cp weapons about 1.5 months earlier than JP did. Of course, a bunch of the early EX weapons aren't the same game changers that JP is currently getting.

I'll probably take some stabs at certain EX weapons when they start arriving, but I won't specifically save for any right now.

When EX weapons come out, does that make 35 cp weapons more common?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Clouds EX is extremely good and I'm shooting for it when it shows up

Also Vaan's

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I know that
    Xerink wrote: »

When EX weapons come out, does that make 35 cp weapons more common?

At some point JP got an increase in banner drop rates for both 15 and 35 cp weapons. I don't know if it coincides with EX weapons or not, but there will be a buff to drop rates.

Xerink on
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    20 tickets, no gems spent:

Kuja 15
    Yuna 35

I think I'll stop there. Time to start saving for EX's which I'm sure will release on an accelerated time table.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I got so many Death Tarots. But also Yuna's 35, which is pretty insane

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    I did a 5k for the heck of it and got what I thought was Kuja's 35, but it's just his 15 with his face on it 'cause all his weapons are unique to him vOv