As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Glory lies beyond the horizon

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Yeah, lots of events make you get your 5th copy through drops. Not all of them, but a lot.

Sometimes you'll get multiple drops.

Sometimes Halloween Princess won't bloody drop for the entire event no matter how many apples you spend trying to farm it.
    Yeah, lots of events make you get your 5th copy through drops. Not all of them, but a lot.

Sometimes you'll get multiple drops.

Sometimes Halloween Princess won't bloody drop for the entire event no matter how many apples you spend trying to farm it.

So just keep doing the 40 ap nodes? Bleh.

"You're my favorite dad, evil dad."

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just need to preserve all my drop luck for Nerofest 2

Joint Recital is amazing

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It doesn't look too special to me. At least not compared to Golden Sumo.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Joint Recital is one of the absolute best damage CEs in the game, even compared to gacha CEs

20% Buster/20% Crit is up there with limit broken Victor of the Moon (15% Buster/25% Crit)

Sumo is good if you need the 50% starting NP, but otherwise 15% Attack is nice but not amazing (Particularly since Attack boosts are generally more common than card type boosts)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Nerofest 3 has the CEs I want. It's so far away.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Joint Recital is one of the absolute best damage CEs in the game, even compared to gacha CEs

20% Buster/20% Crit is up there with limit broken Victor of the Moon (15% Buster/25% Crit)

Sumo is good if you need the 50% starting NP, but otherwise 15% Attack is nice but not amazing (Particularly since Attack boosts are generally more common than card type boosts)

It's the crit part that's got me side-eyeing it. Until Memelin shows up Buster Servants tend not to be very good at acquiring those stars to make the CE click, with the exception of Jalter.

Madican on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Madican wrote: »

It's the crit part that's got me side-eyeing it. Until Memelin shows up Buster Servants tend not to be very good at acquiring those stars to make the CE click, with the exception of Jalter.

King of Heroes and King of Kings are right there

EDIT: Also the King of Storms

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I have no idea who you're referring to when you use nicknames.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Look upon my nicknames, ye mighty, and despair

• Options
    Gilgamesh, Ozymandias, Lancer Altria Alter

Rama, Medb and Iskander can also utilize Buster+Crit off the top of my head

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    There's a bunch of powerful CEs that I want, and that's one of them. But I've already got Sumo, a Kaleidoscope, and a Fragment, so I don't feel like I need anything.
    Certainly glad that I rerolled aggressively for a kaleidoscope. I haven't rolled another one since, following the trend set by my JP account.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    There's a bunch of powerful CEs that I want, and that's one of them. But I've already got Sumo, a Kaleidoscope, and a Fragment, so I don't feel like I need anything.
    Certainly glad that I rerolled aggressively for a kaleidoscope. I haven't rolled another one since, following the trend set by my JP account.

I, too, am part of the One Kaleidoscope club.

Though I rolled it by happy accident, not intent.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I got two! For which I'm pretty goddamn happy, since it makes a lot of party comps easier to manage

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I usually put mine on Herc, since it actually lets him get his NP in a reasonable amount of time.

And his NP can eat a pretty significant chunk of a boss' health bar.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
  • Options
    Walk of Life project has destroyed that scene forever in my mind

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Is there some secret to getting exp mats for cards or is it just buy out the event's supply and then farm embers?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Gilgamesh, Ozymandias, Lancer Altria Alter

Rama, Medb and Iskander can also utilize Buster+Crit off the top of my head

It's pretty amazing on Nobunaga as well.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I thought that Gears were in the second event shop, but apparently not.

Someday I’ll get Nero Bride’s skills maxed, but apparently not today.

• Options
    Is there some secret to getting exp mats for cards or is it just buy out the event's supply and then farm embers?

That's pretty much it. It helps when you have a team that can reliably wipe out all forms of embers in three turns; it still drains your AP quickly, but it doesn't take much actual time, which is the real limiting resource.

In other news, looks like we're getting part 2 of summer event on Monday. Reminder that part 1 will still be up, but it may be a good idea to finish that up as much as possible by then anyway. Partly so that you can focus on part 2 for the rest of the duration, partly because most people's support setups are going to change.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Also save up mana prisms to buy out the shop each month, and when you get an event with a lotto reward system, try and clear out XP cards and apples and such (just clearing out the whole prize list is generally worth it) before refreshing the prizes.

• Options
    Ok. So it's just as expected. :(.

If I reset the Island Projects, can I get more mana prisms? I may have run my current supplies dry and need to restock for next month.

• Options
    Ok. So it's just as expected. :(.

If I reset the Island Projects, can I get more mana prisms? I may have run my current supplies dry and need to restock for next month.

Yes, twenty mana prisms for each different route on each project.

• Options
    Team, I have another question.

Do you think it's worth getting our lovely welfare assassin fully ascended? My assassins on hand are Carmilla and Jack (along with all the 3stars).

I haven't gotten the ascended mats for her yet, so I don't want to spend those resources unless it's really worth it.

• Options

Do you think it's worth getting our lovely welfare assassin fully ascended? My assassins on hand are Carmilla and Jack (along with all the 3stars).

I haven't gotten the ascended mats for her yet, so I don't want to spend those resources unless it's really worth it.

Depends, I guess. She's an AOE assassin, so she doesn't directly compete with Carmilla or Jack, but she's not great. I imagine that you would be able to get some use out of her, but not a lot.

I generally encourage picking up the ascension materials for all of the welfares even if you don't actually level them up right away, but that's up to you.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    It's worth noting that as an AoE Assassin her main competitors are the AoE Berserkers (Lancelot, Fran, TamaCat, Raikou) and the Phantom of the Opera. So just the Berserkers, mostly. And they can end up kind of squishy for farming purposes.

My Rider farming teams usually end up being Carmilla/Shiki/Stheno, so it'll be a welcome addition.

• Options
    Don't forget Kotarou!

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I only just managed to get him NP1, he's not really useful right now!

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    If you don't have Shuten Douji it'd be worth leveling her, if only for ember farming.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options

Assassins with an AoP NP are not common, and if you skip her ascension materials now, you're not going to get another chance at them. The thing is, there aren't characters, especially 4* ones, who AREN'T worth leveling, especially when you're in the earlier stages of the game. You want a good breadth to your team, and being able to smack a whole line of knights with occasional death effects if fabulous.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm in that classic situation of not being sure if I should buy the newer mats that I have zero need for, but could potentially get a Servant who requires them later, or buying mats for folks that I have right now.

I mean the real answer is to buy all of the skill mats, but you know.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Fingers crossed for the banner changeover tonight.

Hoping bells and burning are in my (and everyone else's) future~!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I'm in that classic situation of not being sure if I should buy the newer mats that I have zero need for, but could potentially get a Servant who requires them later, or buying mats for folks that I have right now.

I mean the real answer is to buy all of the skill mats, but you know.

I would say you should always buy all the mats. You will need them eventually, and when you start raising skills, that eats through them appallingly fast. i thought I had enough feathers to last an eternity. Then I started skilling up Waver, and now I have so many servants waiting for feathers so that they can level up!

• Options
    There's a lot of events where I don't buy all the mats, or even close to all the mats. It depends on how efficient it is, and how much time I happen to have.

The summer events are really generous, though, so I absolutely plan on buying all the materials from the shop. Outside of pieces/monuments because I will never run out of those.

• Options
    I have 160 Dragon's Reverse Scales and I'm still buying those things (begrudgingly). Legitimately not sure I can use all of them up with the currently released NA servants who I don't have/the costs for the ones I have that I haven't paid for already.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I have so many dang scales

And hero proofs

• Options
    Grinding out food is such a pain in the ass on Primeval Forest. 300K health Assassin boss and the best option is Xuanzang supports.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Grinding out food is such a pain in the ass on Primeval Forest. 300K health Assassin boss and the best option is Xuanzang supports.
    I just ran Jalter and took Wavers when Sanzang didn't show up.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    That's what Berserkers are for

See also: Everything else

Except Berserkers, that's when you take your strongest non-Berserker instead

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I would bring Cu Alter as usual but I want the higher food counts. My setup is reliable, just not very fast.