Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    My boobs keeps slipping below the underwire whenever I raise my arms above my head, and I can't figure out if that's because it's too small or too big. Or even if it's just the cups or the band which aren't the right size.

I would expect one would have the exact opposite problem while raising their arms! I'm honestly confused as to how that can happen.

But yeah, underwires should generally stay under the mamm's at all times, and never shift. I'd guess that for one, your band is definitely too big. It's possible there are other issues afoot (abreast!?) here too, though.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Thankee.

A pity, this was my favourite bra before it started letting me down.

• Options
    I just realized...maybe the bra is actually moving OVER the bottom of your chest when you raise your arms? Because that would make way more sense. When you raise your arms, typically the boobs get lifted a bit...so they wouldn't be the thing that's moving underneath the underwire, it's the underwire that's moving over them.

The end result here would still be that the band isn't tight enough though, yeah.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Thankee.

A pity, this was my favourite bra before it started letting me down.

Probably the band stretching out then?

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    you could always take it in, assuming the band has just stretched out too much.
    but yeah, sounds like the band is too big, since ideally it shouldn't be moving up no matter how you're contorting; the band should be conforming without constricting in an underwire or properly-shaped wireless. if the band feels tight and you're still squishing out with raised arms, as tynic said, the cup is probably too small.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2018
    yeah I definitely have older bras with slightly-too-small cups which are fine, band-width-wise, but then I find my boobs have kind of leaked out under the bottom. Usually it takes a certain activity level to achieve it, but it's certainly a thing.

I think part of the problem is that with too small cups you often don't get any separation and the whole thing turns into a kind of bandeau, which can then slip upwards all in one piece.

tynic on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Should I embrace the Dad fashion and buy another one of these shirts? The one I have is very comfortable and I've been told it looks good on me

http://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-long-sleeved-island-hopper-ii-shirt/52181.html?dwvar_52181_color=RIFR&cgid=mens-shirts#tile-50=&srule=price-low&sz=72&start=1

I wish they were not $90

I need to get some new shirts for work

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    @DouglasDanger any outlets nearby? I wear similar stuff and just get 20 dollar shirts from banana republic.
    Love Patagonia, but it's super spendy. Prana also makes good stuff in the same style.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Check Nordstrom Rack and Sierra Trading Post too. I've gotten nice stuff from both places. I admittedly haven't ordered from Nordstrom Rack in a more than a year because of shipping debacles but maybe they've gotten things back to normal now.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @schuss

I bought a couple off banana republic, they're having a sale, thanks for the suggestion

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    99% of bra problems are your band is too big and your cups are too small, especially because places compensate for a small cup range by sizing people up in the band.

A band should be quite snug, when you first buy it, you shouldn’t really be able to do it up past the first clasp. (It’ll stretch with time/age).

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I got my Captain Marvel jacket this week

I think I may see how expensive tailoring is because it's boxy when done up but otherwise I dig it
    m6z914ro9isi.jpeg

e92fazuwf16j.jpeg

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    That's awesome! What's it made out of? Is it leather?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    webguy20 wrote: »
    That's awesome! What's it made out of? Is it leather?

Pleather! Got it off Amazon, so I really wasn't sure what the quality would be like. But it's decent, just not very fitted in the torso. The detailing is pretty well done!

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Jacket looks great, and makeup game is also still on point.

• Options
    Daaaamn, girl! Rockin' the hell out of that jacket!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    That jacket is rad as fuck.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    So going to be rocking that jacket while watching Infinity War?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    So going to be rocking that jacket while watching Infinity War?

Doing it as we speak!

Steam
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    New glasses, first in 5 years! Much less thick-rimmed than my last round pair and actually smaller, surprisingly...

z48rt5yn0imy.jpg

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I didn't know you still posted on the forums Wombat

• Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    I've been trying to get back in to it. I still say that I'm from SE++ when I refer to myself, but I dropped off a lot when I went to college. I miss you all, so here I am!

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Also I asked you a while ago if you still sported that hairstyle and you said no but it's still there just shorter

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Wombat!! wrote: »
    I've been trying to get back in to it. I still say that I'm from SE++ when I refer to myself, but I dropped off a lot when I went to college. I miss you all, so here I am!

We am very pleased to have you back.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Someone on twitter is getting into @tynic 's wheelhouse

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yeah that's pretty much what I thought :+1:

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    That is a great outfit

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I don't know if this should go here or in the DC thread.

This is how Janelle Monae showed up to some kind of event recently:

Janelle-Monae-Two-Face-04292018.jpg

honovere on
  • Options
    Wow, she's amazing

Unrelated question

What's the best way to roll up your sleeves? Y'all have said don't buy polo shirts, buy long sleeve button up shirts and roll up the sleeves.

How do I do that without looking sloppy?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Don't half ass it, roll them up above the elbow
    Otherwise... sloppy? I dunno, I don't think it's a sloppy look so I'm not sure what you mean. I guess the key there is make sure the shirt fits you well to begin with

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    As with all things, there's a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ttNJcwGLk

sig.gif
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Wow, she's amazing

Unrelated question

What's the best way to roll up your sleeves? Y'all have said don't buy polo shirts, buy long sleeve button up shirts and roll up the sleeves.

Unbutton the cuffs, do one big single fold up so it's almost to your elbow, and then do one more fold from halfway up.

https://www.gq.com/story/how-to-roll-your-sleeves

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wow, she's amazing

Unrelated question

Unbutton the cuffs, do one big single fold up so it's almost to your elbow, and then do one more fold from halfway up.

......interesting

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Tip to rolling up your sleeves:

Unbutton the cuff and sleeve, roll the cuff until it's above the elbow. It won't look too messy even if you're not following one of those fancy-schmancy hipster sleeve rolling guides/videos.

Just don't bunch it up like you would with a long sleeve tshirt/sweater sleeve.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    My one tip is to be sure and use the cuff as your folding guide. Don't just roll them up. Don't fold them and then squish up the fold into a roll. The final product should be the depth of the cuff because you folded around said cuff.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Wow, she's amazing

Unrelated question

I do a version of this that goes above my elbow, because I find that more comfortable, but man oh man is it a significant improvement over just straight rolling them.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wow, she's amazing

Unrelated question

......interesting

This is how I roll up my sleeves and I've actually gotten compliments for it.

On more than one occasion, a friend has asked why I bought a shirt with pre-rolled sleeves and were surprised when I said I just rolled them myself.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Straightzi, steal that statue and use it as a mannequin.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg