Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I refuse to support any narrative that tries to make Abraham Lincoln sexy

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I refuse to support any narrative that tries to make Abraham Lincoln sexy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPgWVC08KI

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    So I have my first pair of leather-soled shoes. The soles are definitely replaceable, but the thing I don't know is: how do I know when they need to be replaced?

I've worn them almost every day for the past four months, fwiw.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    When the rain gets in.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    That's a good blues album name

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    In keeping with the thread title I've been tempted lately to shift to an all black wardrobe

Though DC summer is NOT the place for that. So maybe I should say monochrome?

ALL WHITE in summer
    ALL BLACK in winter

• Options
    ALL BLACK THE NECROSWO-ah wait wrong thread

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    In keeping with the thread title I've been tempted lately to shift to an all black wardrobe

Though DC summer is NOT the place for that. So maybe I should say monochrome?

ALL WHITE in summer
    ALL BLACK in winter

White linen suits!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm actually more prone to actually wearing all black in the summers. If I'm wearing like, a button up and a sweater and a jacket, having them all be black can start to feel a bit much, especially if the shades don't line up well. But if I'm just wearing a t-shirt and jeans, it's very easy for them to both be black.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I'm jealous of people who can physically wear more than a t shirt and shorts in the summer without combusting.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    During the summer I wear wool-socks, corduroy shorts and sweat shirts at my job.

I'm something of a trend-setter.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I bought a tie because I'm an an adult and no one was there to stop me

upV00GY.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I dig my new post-lasik glasses and then, my post-anniversary dinner shirt!
    31950370_10216237793198718_2884994352369631232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=393e7916a61e814734295e4b6f2561b0&oe=5B576D4C

31944535_10104145500919975_2854761957314002944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9f6333d551f42678ee4b287d5b8ddef6&oe=5B947EBB

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    That is a fly shirt my man!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hey, I been drunk in that room before.

It's a real good shirt, btw.

Also, happy anniversary to youuuu

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I bought another tie because I have no self control

ki05Xpu.jpg?1

A MAN NEEDS HIS TIES

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Love the ties Indie, love the shirt Mysst!

Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2018/2019 Catwalk Link

YrwQgfO.jpg?1
    3CcO8QL.jpg?1
    RYIZ5UG.jpg?1
    hDr7dM0.jpg?1
    D0aeTJ4.jpg?1
    98lnMIl.jpg?1
    8dJflj8.jpg?1
    bng5u6T.jpg?1
    I would wear all of these.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The glasses in the second picture say "I'm too fabulous for your bullshit, darling" and they're great.

sig.gif
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    The glasses in the second picture say "I'm too fabulous for your bullshit, darling" and they're great.

I should get some of them for work.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    That 3rd woman is wearing a rug and I cannot unsee it.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    It's a fancy rug.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It really ties the room together

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I just found out those "extreme cutout" jeans have sold out.

These things cost $168:

extreme-jeans.jpg

and they're sold out.

I need a drink...

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    It's as if The Onion had a fashion line

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I notice it has pockets though

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Plus it pairs well with the Extreme Cutout Leotard!

• Options
    What do they do with all the fabric they've cut out?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

This

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ... I was not expecting an answer but here we are.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Waste not, want not.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    the second part is true, at least

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I'm in the wrong business

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Ugh...so I'm just discovering that virtually all of my hot-weather tops do not fit me, and have to be taken in somehow. Since a lot of them are tank tops (and/or I purchased them very cheaply from TJ Maxx) I figure I can tailor virtually all of them at home myself pretty easily, but man, this is going to be a lot of work :| Some of this is a result of losing weight (yay!) and some of it is typical garbage fits from clothing brands that have unanimously decided that you need to be showing the entirety of your bra at all times. Makes it super hard to find clothing that I can wear to work when it's 90 degrees out.

Arm holes are always too large, straps are always too long. It's so goddamn hard to find tanks that fit properly. I am going to punch every clothing manufacturer.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod

This

how do you put a thing like this on, are there buttons or a zipper on the back? or are the neck or leg holes very elastic or what

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Ugh...so I'm just discovering that virtually all of my hot-weather tops do not fit me, and have to be taken in somehow. Since a lot of them are tank tops (and/or I purchased them very cheaply from TJ Maxx) I figure I can tailor virtually all of them at home myself pretty easily, but man, this is going to be a lot of work :| Some of this is a result of losing weight (yay!) and some of it is typical garbage fits from clothing brands that have unanimously decided that you need to be showing the entirety of your bra at all times. Makes it super hard to find clothing that I can wear to work when it's 90 degrees out.

Arm holes are always too large, straps are always too long. It's so goddamn hard to find tanks that fit properly. I am going to punch every clothing manufacturer.

Need a new top? Got you (partially) covered mate

This

• Options
    I feel like I'm partially to blame for this.

• Options
    Partially?

• Options
    I only asked a semi-rhetorical question! I feel like more of the blame should be on snickety!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I only asked a semi-rhetorical question! I feel like more of the blame should be on snickety!

There is plenty of blame to go around.
    Unlike denim, which is apparently in increasingly short supply.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Those denim cut out leggings look like a lingerie for a very specific fetish, or something