As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Oh, @3clipse you should see this too.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    @NightDragon That oil painting is photobombing you and I love it.

govnx9n0q9eu.jpg

Jeez, I've been meaning to do this all week, but only got around to it today.

Thank you for this gift @DisruptedCapitalist

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Now do it to the face on the bottom of the mirror.

sig.gif
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    @NightDragon That oil painting is photobombing you and I love it.

govnx9n0q9eu.jpg

Jeez, I've been meaning to do this all week, but only got around to it today.

YES

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Dare I, the most boring, wasp cis het male, go for a seven inch inseam for my next pair of shorts?

Edit, I did, I ordered them, and a pair of nine inchers

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Wait is a seven inch inseam not boring and WASPy anymore?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Do people think about inseam length at all

is that a thing people give consideration to

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Cool, thanks

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

People associate short shorts with women and gay men where I live so I can see why it would be a bit of hesitation. I promise you most straight men around here will not wear shorts less then past their knees.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Shorts ending just above the knee is most common where I am, also I think it looks the best, and feels the best for walking.

My shorts ride up some already as it is when I sit. I don’t need to make everyone swoon checking out these quads. :P

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah shorts above the knee is super comfy. Almost everyone wears them here in the tropics.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I like shorts. They're coarse and they get everywhere.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I pretty much only wear cargo shorts because I'm basically just a kid-less dad.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Cargo shorts are very useful in the sense that you can easily keep the contents of a medium sized purse/handbag directly on your person.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Cargo shorts are very useful in the sense that you can easily keep the contents of a medium sized purse/handbag directly on your person.

they are the apex of comfort and utility

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    furlion wrote: »

People associate short shorts with women and gay men where I live so I can see why it would be a bit of hesitation. I promise you most straight men around here will not wear shorts less then past their knees.

Ah okay sure I get that, I guess I've never considered that in the quantitative terms of inseam length

Like I dont know what a 7 inch inseam translates to, but if you say like booty shorts or short shorts or above/at/below the knee or halfway down the shin or something then I'll be able to get an idea of what we're talking about

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    If there were an acceptable version of boxer briefs that were slightly more baggy and without the wang holder slits I'd probably wear those as shorts... maybe not outside in public though. I hate having shorts and them basically being down to my knees, what's even the point? I might as well just wear running pants.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    furlion wrote: »

Ah okay sure I get that, I guess I've never considered that in the quantitative terms of inseam length

Like I dont know what a 7 inch inseam translates to, but if you say like booty shorts or short shorts or above/at/below the knee or halfway down the shin or something then I'll be able to get an idea of what we're talking about

If it helps, a 7" inseam on me, a normal sized person (about 5'8"ish) hits about mid-thigh. I'm pretty comfortable wearing them, but I like the way my legs look (my swim trunks are usually a 5" inseam, but that's a little too short for daily wear). I wouldn't call 7" short shorts, but they are probably shorter than most men wear (which is usually a 9" just above the knee or 11" just below).

m!ttens on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They're called board shorts, dude. Just claim that beach bum lifestyle and rock it.

• Options
    I currently have four pairs of shorts that aren't for the gym

Two of them are 10" inseam, which hits mid knee cap

Two of them are 9", which hits just about the top of the knee cap

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I live in The Valley and have been hitting up Ross to find a perfect pair of shorts that are relatively short, but my luck isn't that great finding something size wise.

Basically I want the romper look without the single pattern that rompers usually entail.

It being a disco inferno on the daily also factors into this desire.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Saw this product line on the Colbert's show and now I want one even if it is dweeby as fuck:
    DeathKnight-Tee-1_720x.png?v=1533162057

DeathKnight-Tee-2_720x.png?v=1533162057

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    bowen wrote: »
    If there were an acceptable version of boxer briefs that were slightly more baggy and without the wang holder slits I'd probably wear those as shorts... maybe not outside in public though. I hate having shorts and them basically being down to my knees, what's even the point? I might as well just wear running pants.

Like women's pajama shorts?

I just want boxers that don't climb up my butt now that my thighs are bigger.

Einzel on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »

Hm probably just a bit longer. Board shorts are close but might as well just wear cargo shorts. Swim brief styled shorts that were more baggy would be perfect.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    My son has soccer shorts that are like that and now I wonder if they exist in adult sizes.

• Options
    Einzel wrote: »

Hm probably just a bit longer. Board shorts are close but might as well just wear cargo shorts. Swim brief styled shorts that were more baggy would be perfect.

There are shorts with awful advertising on Instagram called bird dogs that are similar to what you're seeking

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    yo i just startled the hell outta myself

been using this old laptop to work on job applications and such
    been finding gigs of photos i never uploaded, hey, cool, fix that for archival purposes
    found a better pic for linkedin sweet omg shirtless forumer in a bowtie

y'all remember that battle? Pepperidge Farm does.
    WAM said she was saving the pics; guess who did
    <-- perv

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I'm going on vacation next week, and wanted a new swimsuit.

I ordered one online which should be here by wednesday, but I'm also going to go to a physical shop with the assumption that the online one won't fit/won't look nice.

Trying on swimsuits in stores is almost as bad as trying on bras.
    E: It's actually probably worse than just trying on bras, especially if it's a one piece swimsuit.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I'm going on vacation next week, and wanted a new swimsuit.

I ordered one online which should be here by wednesday, but I'm also going to go to a physical shop with the assumption that the online one won't fit/won't look nice.

Trying on swimsuits in stores is almost as bad as trying on bras.
    E: It's actually probably worse than just trying on bras, especially if it's a one piece swimsuit.

It was so

So

Frustrating to find any swim tops with support

I assumed that finding decent bikini tops would be much easier than one pieces! I assumed wrong!!!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Finding a swimsuit with a supportive top that doesn't assume you're a sixty year old matron on the Venetian lido is pretty much impossible.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Trying on bathing suits is the worst regardless of body shape, size, anything. It's just always the worst.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    My big problem with finding swimsuits is that the vast majority of swimsuits which fit onto my body, also have built in cups.
    And that the vast majority of women my size, have boobs with like 3-4 cup sizes on me (I'm barely edging into a C, most are in the DD+ range).
    It makes my chest look like an eight year old playing dressup with her (or his) mom's bras -_-

So I need to find something without built in cups, but also with enough support because while my boobs aren't as big, they're still there and need support.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    it's a hack, but you can cut the bands off a bra and sew it in to one of the less supportive suit models. Provided you have one you don't mind demolishing.

• Options
    That's a good idea, though I'm not sure I have the crafty skills to do so :/

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

My wife has these issues the thread is talking about and she found a local tailor who was able to modify her swimsuit to be more supportive. It cost like $20. She has never been more happy with a swimsuit than this modified one.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

My wife has these issues the thread is talking about and she found a local tailor who was able to modify her swimsuit to be more supportive. It cost like $20. She has never been more happy with a swimsuit than this modified one.

This is so important to me. Thank you for this gift.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I got my favourite current swimsuit from Hackwith Design House but it looks like their current suits are not especially boob supportive, which is a shame

also I've just realized that my Christmas plans are v conducive to justifying a new swimsuit purchase

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I seem to recall previous fashion threads having links to swimsuit brands tailoring to more general sizes?