As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deep Rock Galactic.... Space Dwarves!

1111213141517»

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I do really like that they're giving a reason to actually use other weapons, but man. I don't much like any of the Gunner primaries, and the two non-hunting rifles the Scout has both feel so samey and have nowhere near the satisfying chunkiness. Maybe it's time to start chugging Randoweisser nonstop.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Head's up. Make sure you claim the new weapon skins as you unlock them because you won't start gaining exp towards the next level until you do.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I do really like that they're giving a reason to actually use other weapons, but man. I don't much like any of the Gunner primaries, and the two non-hunting rifles the Scout has both feel so samey and have nowhere near the satisfying chunkiness. Maybe it's time to start chugging Randoweisser nonstop.
    If you want the deepcore AR to be weird, there's always electrifying reload. For Drak, I'm partial to thermal exhaust feedback and aggressive venting.

• Options
  • Options
    I'm not saying this week's EDD is an inflamed distended asshole, but stage one is Salvage Swarmageddon and spawned three fucking bulks on top of having like eight spitballers and a spawner somewhere in the ceiling or something we could never find.

And the third is Salvage Regenerating, and merely spawned two bulks.

I feel bad for the poor level 40 greenbeard gunner with 45 deaths, but christ. Can you chill the fuck out, Hoxxes?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'm not saying this week's EDD is an inflamed distended asshole, but stage one is Salvage Swarmageddon and spawned three fucking bulks on top of having like eight spitballers and a spawner somewhere in the ceiling or something we could never find.

And the third is Salvage Regenerating, and merely spawned two bulks.

I feel bad for the poor level 40 greenbeard gunner with 45 deaths, but christ. Can you chill the fuck out, Hoxxes?

Last night my regular group went to do a short Morkite mission for someone's promotion. My regular group was me as Scout, both friends playing Engineer (testing different builds for damage numbers), and a pubby Driller on Haz 5. The starting room spawned with a few veins of gold but no Nitra. The driller digs through the dirt, and promptly falls to his death, triggering a Korlok Weed on the way down.

See, what happened, is the mission tried to spawn 4 levels down, all one over another. But the ceilings and floors overlapped, so it just made a big empty space with a bit of ledges and tunnels connecting along the sides. So I zipped down to the Driller and power attacked his body to start a hole I could res him in, then zoidberged around for a bit to dodge Korlok shots while waiting on my zip to come back up (and power attack). The Engineers worked on breaking through the various dirt walls and followed the tunnels around to the bottom floor, by which point I had the driller ressed. Next to the Korlok weed was the pickaxe machine event. Keep in mind, we only have like 30 nitra at this point.

We got the Korlok to open up and burned, then did it again, so first health bar permanently dead, 2nd health bar over half down. When the big meteor event spawns, right in the middle of the area we're using to hide from the Korlok weed while we trade shots. We head back the tunnel we (well the engineers) came down in while the Korlok heals and the meteor spawns. As soon as it's spawned in, we move to engage the Korlok from a different position. We're starting to run low on ammo.

At which point, the mini-meteor event spawned. The mini meteors caught our driller, and unfortunately opened up the area to the Korlok shots. Then a Mactera wave spawned while we were trying to res the Driller, and we ended up wiping as we ran out of ammo.

• Options
    The worst kory spawn I have ever seen was on a refining mission of all things. Its core spawned behind one of the geysers on a very small high up cliff. So the entire floor and wall was basically covered in its spitball tentacles while the core itself was nigh unassailable. After like 2-3 minutes of fruitlessly trying to do almost any damage at all, I gave up and left. I think you would've had to have one person tunnel up to the core itself from under or behind it with enough firepower to be able to take down each health bar solo while everybody else was cleaning up the spawns elsewhere.

Those fucking plants are legitimately the most dangerous boss in the game, even more than the Caretaker and certainly any of the Dreads.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The worst kory spawn I have ever seen was on a refining mission of all things. Its core spawned behind one of the geysers on a very small high up cliff. So the entire floor and wall was basically covered in its spitball tentacles while the core itself was nigh unassailable. After like 2-3 minutes of fruitlessly trying to do almost any damage at all, I gave up and left. I think you would've had to have one person tunnel up to the core itself from under or behind it with enough firepower to be able to take down each health bar solo while everybody else was cleaning up the spawns elsewhere.

Those fucking plants are legitimately the most dangerous boss in the game, even more than the Caretaker and certainly any of the Dreads.

Engi puts a plat up high over the heart and the Scout goes up to shoot down at it when it opens. Scouts never pull in solid numbers, because our AOE is pathetic. But we can do solid single target damage.

• Options
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I confused this for the current job thread and got super fucking confused for a minute.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Finished collecting all the weapon skins while my internet was out for three and a half days, and decided that I despise playing solo. Some weapons I found I actually liked more than I expected, some I can no longer stand.

Driller:
    Sludge Pump is the way, whether CC or shotgun builds. Other two primaries are okay, but their range is awkward to me and every time you run fire/ice, someone on your team is running the opposite, making things more awkward. Probably keep using flamer in Industrial/Rival, Ice in Macteria, but... eh.
    Love the EPC too much to not use it by default. It's just so good and convenient for damage, CC, and utility. Subata with reload detonators is surprisingly nice too. Fuck the wave cooker.

Scout:
    M1000 100%. Both ARs are just bleh. All the secondaries are okay, but I think I like the Tracer pistols with cryo minelets the most for some needed CC and speed to get away. Pheromone XBow is probably the most generally useful though.

Gunner:
    Minelayer really clicked for me and is easily my favorite, though I could take or leave the rocket launcher's more normal OCs. Neurotoxin is as stupidly OP as everybody says, though I didn't mind the chonker OC for that gun either. Still despise the minigun. Only secondary I don't hate is the rail gun. Both Mole and Hellfire are fun.

Engineer:
    Didn't mind the SMG as much as I thought, and may actually be my favorite of the primaries. They're all bad though and so ammo hungry even with ammo builds. Same with secondaries too, really. Shard Defractor with magma OC is probably my favorite, but I really don't like the Cutter or RPG. Didn't try either of the meme rocket jump or fat boy OCs though, so maybe I need to dip my toe in that, but platforms is really all I care to play engy for.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Finished collecting all the weapon skins while my internet was out for three and a half days, and decided that I despise playing solo. Some weapons I found I actually liked more than I expected, some I can no longer stand.

Driller:
    Sludge Pump is the way, whether CC or shotgun builds. Other two primaries are okay, but their range is awkward to me and every time you run fire/ice, someone on your team is running the opposite, making things more awkward. Probably keep using flamer in Industrial/Rival, Ice in Macteria, but... eh.
    Love the EPC too much to not use it by default. It's just so good and convenient for damage, CC, and utility. Subata with reload detonators is surprisingly nice too. Fuck the wave cooker.

Scout:
    M1000 100%. Both ARs are just bleh. All the secondaries are okay, but I think I like the Tracer pistols with cryo minelets the most for some needed CC and speed to get away. Pheromone XBow is probably the most generally useful though.

Gunner:
    Minelayer really clicked for me and is easily my favorite, though I could take or leave the rocket launcher's more normal OCs. Neurotoxin is as stupidly OP as everybody says, though I didn't mind the chonker OC for that gun either. Still despise the minigun. Only secondary I don't hate is the rail gun. Both Mole and Hellfire are fun.

Engineer:
    Didn't mind the SMG as much as I thought, and may actually be my favorite of the primaries. They're all bad though and so ammo hungry even with ammo builds. Same with secondaries too, really. Shard Defractor with magma OC is probably my favorite, but I really don't like the Cutter or RPG. Didn't try either of the meme rocket jump or fat boy OCs though, so maybe I need to dip my toe in that, but platforms is really all I care to play engy for.

Driller:
    Sticky Flames on the flamethrower is really good as well. Run 2/3/2/3/2 and Sticky Flames for 11 seconds of flame on the ground that will slow mobs. Not quite as strong as the sludge pump until you get up to Haz 6 x2.
    Try the wave cooker with 2/3/1/1/2 and Mega Power Supply, especially against lithophage.

Scout:
    Try the plasma carbine with 2/2/1/1/2 and Shield Battery Booster. Just make sure not to overheat, but it is comparable to the M1000 with hipster in damage and is much more ammo efficient. Embeded Detonators on the Zhukov is also really strong, run 2/3/2/2/1 and use your boomerangs to electrify targets. For crowds, fire a spread through them and reload for instant clear.

Gunner:
    I agree. The burst fire gun is great if you run 1/3/2/3/1 and Lead Spray. Get behind praetorians and such and go ham on their weakpoints. Also great for dreads and bulks. Plasma Burster Missiles are also a strong OC for the rocket system.

Engineer:
    The shard diffractor with Volatile Impact Reactor is one of the strongest weapons in the game. In fact, the engi's secondaries are all strong enough that I tend to think of them as the primary, and the primary as the backup. The smart rifle is great with Chemical Rounds and a 2/1/1/1/1 build. Get 3 locks and send a burst out. Mobs will also be electrocuted. The Fat Boy upgrade for the grenade launcher is one of my favorite OC's in the game, run it as 2/1/3/3/2. Try it on a Doretta mission, because the long tunnels are perfect for it. You need both ammo mods so you get an extra ammo on refill, and neither direct damage nor AOE area or damage improve it.
    For Hyper Propellant (RPG) run it as 2/1/1/1/2 and you will one shot most larger enemies and really chunk down dreads.

• Options
    edited February 19
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfjQQLmoLTM

Uh. If they devoted dev cycles to some kind of prop hunt mode instead of anything... good, I'm going to be annoyed. Hopefully just a beer with a bunch of other stuff like the November patch. Still content drought is sucking.

E:
    Oh, oops.
    There's patch notes.
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/548430/view/7047640220334082127

Yeah, it's just beer that turns you into a random prop. Otherwise, just bug fixes, mostly to bug armor, and mostly related to OCs I don't use or care about. Weapon exp now carries over though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Mk6 Armor being given with anniversary event early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcWyVFwEBws

Also, it's minor, but I wish they'd fix whatever the bug or exploit is that's masking people run mods in games. Mostly, it's innocuous stuff like the descriptive join or ping messages, but it seems a few weeks back that one for triggering specific 'voice' lines got really popular and I've had at least a dozen games that have someone just spamming the Macteria Brew fart sounds incessantly until I left.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I wonder if they are working on any more paid DLC. It's funny that HellDivers 2 executed on the concept I've been begging the dev's of DRG to implement since launch. Adding limited use super weapons would really help the core game play loop, allowing folks to spend minerals per mission and giving those of us with all the overclocks and weapons something to spend them on.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/548430/view/4173218293857936859

Anniversary event live. Livestream tomorrow will supposedly have some news/updates including an updated roadmap for the game.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Survivor is fun

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    r7mdd9rhyilc1.jpeg

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    FYI for anyone using mod hub to run mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQeZuUuL_Uw

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I've been on a bullet heaven roguelite spree throughout all of 2023, so DRG: Survivor was tons of fun, and now I ended up in DRG again?

The classiest gunner.

37aq6yxab2lv.png

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited March 12
    This game controls my soul

Maining driller but I also play a lot of the other classes on rotation

Beasteh on
  • Options
    The community feels... nice?

I've played a lot of Scout, and I've had a whole lot of games where the engineer just plops out platforms I can zip to for some tasty nitra, or me pointing at something and PLOP goes the platform before the voice line is done.

• Options
    That's a sign of a good Engi. Teamwork is super important in DRG, even more so than HD2.

• Options
    i am now gunner, destroyer of worlds

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I definitely had one or two toxic episodes, but I'd say that's essentially inevitable with any experience online. DRG is definitely notably more chill than a lot of other games; I don't feel like anyone ever tried to micro-manage whatever build I was currently running.

But since I was complimented for actually using my flares as a Scout, y'know, there might be some negative stereotypes floating around out there.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    I've run into maybe a dozen out and out toxic assholes in about 4-500 hours, but that's how many I'd expect to see in an afternoon of DBD or Overwatch, even in its PvE modes, so it's definitely a nice change of pace. People generally pick up the bare minimum of what to do pretty fast, and the game's design is incredible about making it clear what to do and how to help out your team, and how little effort it is to lend a hand but how much pain it saves both of you. But also being jank enough that you develop empathy for the random BS deaths. Having a dedicated "yay team" button with enough amusing cheers to not be obnoxious even when spammed helps too.

There's still a huge difference between shepherding a bunch of greenbeards and the ruthless efficiency of greybears against the knowledge check stuff though, especially bosses. It's torture dealing with a corruptor or kory when everybody's not on the same page, and even dreadnoughts can get super frustrating.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    all you have to know to do is spam laser pointer on compressed gold

we're rich

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Wurrich

Mush room

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Is the weapon maintenance part for skins seasonal too, or can I do that whenever?

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Is the weapon maintenance part for skins seasonal too, or can I do that whenever?
    I think it's seasonal, though like everything else to do with those I think if you miss it the skins just go into some loot pool or another.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    I think it's seasonal, though like everything else to do with those I think if you miss it the skins just go into some loot pool or another.

Seasonal rewards are offered again during the same season next year.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »

Seasonal rewards are offered again during the same season next year.

I think they mean seasonal as in the battlepass 'season,' not holiday events. There isn't any weapon maintenance stuff for the holidays.

They've said that they're adding one level to weapon maintenance every season, so I guess it's sort of seasonal, technically, but they introduced it as part of the "sorry, we're stuck in season 4 for an extra 9 months" or whatever update, so there's no real precedent or whatever. By all appearances though, I'd assume it to just be permanently around forever with one extra level added every three or so months when they get back to regular updates.

They also said in the recent update that they're looking into letting people set their mode to past seasons, so even the random stuff going into the lootboxes may be on its way out.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Ah gotcha. Yeah, the weapon unlocks are tied to the current season, which we're in Season 4. But they've said that they plan on letting you go back and work on old season stuff when the next season comes out. It's going to be a while, though, as they have been working on DRG Survivor, the board game, etc.

• Options
    FAQ on how the old season revival stuff is going to work:
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/548430/view/4195740093438639600

Basically, you select a season (including "Vanilla") and the rig/missions YOU can host will be set to that season, which will affect a couple available missions, but newer stuff can still pop up in mission. ie If you're in season 2, Rival Tech stuff will be more common, but a season 4 Corruptor can still rarely spawn.

All seasonal loot that was put in the shop, cargo crates, lost gear, and matrix cores is being removed from those pools and being put back into the seasonal battle pass trees. You advance through them as usual, eg every Plague Heart while in season 3/4 even if in a host's season 2 lobby, counts for scrip. If you already picked up that cosmetic from somewhere, you get some credits instead. If you already progressed the pass partially, that progress is saved.

If you have a seasonal cosmetic core in your inventory, but not forged yet, it'll be replaced with a different cosmetic core. If you have them all, a resource pack.

Season specific assignments do not return though.

Goes live with Season 5 in June.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited April 25
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=922YV_0T6CY

DRG season 5 stuff starts at 1:20

New Mission: Deep Scan
    Search for special morkite crystals with a kind of hot-cold system, then need to call Hack-C type thing to scan them. Once enough are scanned, it summons a Drill-a-vator. Drills straight down with the dwarves riding on top as a swarm happens. Drill occasionally slows/stops to let enemies catch up. Eventually reaches a large cavern (like heartstone) with the crystals needed to put in Molly. Extraction is special jetboots to fly back up the drill tunnel to the pod. Cannot pet the Drill-a-vator.

Two new 'major' enemies (like Korloks).

First is like a spitballer, but with a barrage of bombs.
    Other thing is a turret with remote nodules that need to be destroyed before it can be damaged. Usually found on walls/ceilings.

New 'stalker' enemy that's basically a small killable version of the ghost dreads. Described as a melee version of the Menace.

New Unstable Overclocks (+other overclocks)
    Engy shotgun pump action (+damage/pierce, -ammo/spread)
    Gunner autocannon (mortar rounds, +aoe damage, -rate/ammo)
    Driller flamer (charged horizontal shot like breach cutter, slows and consumes extra ammo while charging)
    Scout M1000 (Focus shot is now a big def shred debuff and highlighted, but now does much less damage and takes more ammo)

Haz5+ difficulty
    Up to 4 additional difficulty modifiers that can be set from 0-100
    Aggressive enemies (enemy speed/aggro)
    Player vulnerability (all damage taken increased)
    More enemies
    Tougher enemies

New Anomolies/Warnings
    Blood Sugar: Take constant damage, but killing enemies drops red sugar
    Secret Secondary: Extra secondary objective, but hidden
    Duck and Cover: Ranged enemies set as preferred spawns
    Ebonite Outbreak: Ebonite glyphids are part of the spawn pool, there is something (unspecified) that gives you the power attack more often

Misc
    New cave formations
    Season 'collectable' are core rocks, just kind of... random glowing spires that I think spawn for new things (eg Deep Scan mission or near the new boss enemies)
    New Ommoran phase, tries to trap dwarves in rock crystal claws. If trapped, need to dig you/teammates out. If too close to Doretta, will hit/damage her. Two of the possible three phases will be chosen at random (flying rocks, beam spires, new claws).

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I imagine "more enemies" is gonna be an extremely popular modifier to crank all the way up.