Options

You Make One Post and Suddenly You're in Charge of [chat]

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I like to make nerd shit and fan art. I know it's low brow, someday I'll make original stuff, but for now this is what I have. The part that bugs me is when mashups and pop culture references completely throw out why anyone likes any of the things in the first place. There is no thematic connects or point to the mashup and it often flys in the face of the original creation (the iron giant in rpo being one of the best examples in a while).

yeah i mean when it's like

I LOVE HANZO

I LOVE POP TARTS

OMG HANZO IS A POP TART

it's just like

jesus christ

also hanzo is just the first overwatch character name i could think of and wasn't chosen for any significance

and to celebrate the release of this skin, we're making hanzo themed pop tarts

special limited edition get them now

stream yourself unboxing them for a chance to become a part of the game or some random trinket like a poptart hanzo keychain

mirrors looking into mirrors looking into mirrors

Scatter Filling would be a truly deadly ability in the hands of a Hanzo Pop Tart. Just kool-aid colored frosting spraying everywhere.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    My high school took the doors off the stalls... Fortunately I only ever had one poo emergency in the entire 4 years I went there. It was the most stressful poo ever, but I got lucky and no one came in. Pretty sure I was drenched in sweat upon leaving the bathroom, though.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I did not know doorless stalls were a thing hm

poo
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    there should be a facebook news feed filter that lets you just not see news stories about people diddling kids

My filter does that

It’s called the don’t ever fucking use Facebook filter

but then where would i see adorable pics and vids of my nieces and nephews?

My sister uses this wonderful new app called SMS messaging

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Where's flavor town in all this. Is he unaligned?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I did not know doorless stalls were a thing hm

ooh look at mr fancy all going to places where junkies banging each other in public isn't that big of a concern

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    scott conant is not chaotic evil

also his restaurant scarpetta is good

Yeah but what if you like raw red onions and you want to put them in everything you cook and he's one of the judges?

be prepared for a child like tantrum like you wouldnt believe

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

Guy has never been a Chopped judge, although Id love to see it.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    https://www.technologyreview.com/s/610456/a-startup-is-pitching-a-mind-uploading-service-that-is-100-percent-fatal/
    Next week, at Y-Combinator’s “demo days,” Nectome’s cofounder, Robert McIntyre, is going to describe his technology for exquisitely preserving brains in microscopic detail using a high-tech embalming process. Then the MIT graduate will make his business pitch. As it says on his website: “What if we told you we could back up your mind?”

So yeah. Nectome is a preserve-your-brain-and-upload-it company. Its chemical solution can keep a body intact for hundreds of years, maybe thousands, as a statue of frozen glass. The idea is that someday in the future scientists will scan your bricked brain and turn it into a computer simulation. That way, someone a lot like you, though not exactly you, will smell the flowers again in a data server somewhere.

"The product is “100 percent fatal," says McIntyre. “That is why we are uniquely situated among the Y Combinator companies.”

Someone's been watching too much Altered Carbon.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Y’all ready to sign up for the Space Force

poo
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The era of disposable cameras on wedding tables was probably a high point for novelty wedding nonsense.

I remember a recent one that had a polaroid camera and had you stick them in the guest book with a note. That was nearly as good but it doesn't yield the "whose willy is that?" moments that you get with a disposable

Taking a dic pic with a wedding table camera seems like some god-tier shittiness drunkenness.

Fixed.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    bloodyroarxx on
  • Options

Guy has never been a Chopped judge, although Id love to see it.
    I would too, and also they are missing Alton Brown (who has been a chopped judge). But he is the embodiment of the Raven Queen, and thus understands that morality is irrelevant and all things must die.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Y’all ready to sign up for the Space Force

fuck yes

• Options
    there should be a facebook news feed filter that lets you just not see news stories about people diddling kids

My filter does that

It’s called the don’t ever fucking use Facebook filter

but then where would i see adorable pics and vids of my nieces and nephews?

My sister uses this wonderful new app called SMS messaging

hmm i'm not so sure

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The era of disposable cameras on wedding tables was probably a high point for novelty wedding nonsense.

I remember a recent one that had a polaroid camera and had you stick them in the guest book with a note. That was nearly as good but it doesn't yield the "whose willy is that?" moments that you get with a disposable

Taking a dic pic with a wedding table camera seems like some god-tier shittiness.

We had jars for marriage advice at our wedding, to be read at a later time.

There was more than one poop joke in there. No one drew a dick though.

All the advice was terrible too.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    If you want a jar full of platitudes like ... "every day is a blessing" or "love each other" set out the jar.

Real hot sellers at the Kohls wall decor department.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    me: hey if you receive a part that's wrong on the purchase order and then also manually add one to stock, we end up with two parts we don't actually have showing in inventory

guy: oh that wasn't me that was someone else

me: okay, well, just so you know then

guy: also i got like three parts out here that came in wrong on this purchase order i'm handing you right at this moment and have received in the system, should i just add those to stock?

me: fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I think it's dumb and stupid and dumb that you can't buy event skins in Overwatch with coins >:[

I'll never get that dragon Symmetra... I did get Barbarian Zarya last night though, so I never need to play as anyone but her now. I just wish there was a more enjoyable solo option in the game. Randos are wayyy too frustrating and dumb, and when you do happen to find a good team they never vote to stay together :( You have to set bots to hard to get any kind of challenge, but that gets old =/

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I ship Barbarian Zarya and myself. Zaryull if you will. We are married so please send me gifts and money.

they go on sale for coins a year later I think

Yeah, they're 3,000 coins the year they debut, then 1,000 a year later, or something like that.

Not sure if they'll keep dropping year on year or if 1,000 is the floor.

sig.gif
  • Options
    me: hey if you receive a part that's wrong on the purchase order and then also manually add one to stock, we end up with two parts we don't actually have showing in inventory

guy: also i got like three parts out here that came in wrong on this purchase order i'm handing you right at this moment and have received in the system, should i just add those to stock?

send it back?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I still prefer Tau day, but I'm a contrarian.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options

send it back?

i mean on the one hand we can just keep them because they'll sell, so i can just change the purchase order to show the parts we actually received. usually it's just a left/right issue so the price won't even be different

on the other hand i don't understand how some people's brains work

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »

i agree with the idea that tau is more elegant and intuitive

but also it just feels so nerd elitist like we have to do something different because the common people are getting excited about a math thing

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Thank goodness I have this fast, unlimited data. I’ll just download the app over th-

Oh right apple is shit and caps the amount I can download.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Y’all we got some snow.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

i agree with the idea that tau is more elegant and intuitive

but also it just feels so nerd elitist like we have to do something different because the common people are getting excited about a math thing

Heh. I was being fake hipster about it. Honestly, I do love the idea of getting people excited about anything STEM. The more we can teach, the better, and making it fun is the best way forward.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    scott conant is not chaotic evil

also his restaurant scarpetta is good

Yeah but what if you like raw red onions and you want to put them in everything you cook and he's one of the judges?

be prepared for a child like tantrum like you wouldnt believe

Child like tantrum, or, being correct?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »
    Thank goodness I have this fast, unlimited data. I’ll just download the app over th-

I thought you could turn that off. I download all sorts of shit.

*looks at usage statistics*
    *Current Period 252 GB*

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    https://i.imgur.com/8Qgb2yV.gif

Finally, kickstarter bringing a product to the market that is desperately needed. An oo-mox machine.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    lol I was tagged for backup chat about an hour after I went to bed last night huh

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

*Current Period 252 GB*

wait what the fuck

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for why they do this and are also the most benign organization to ever exist on this planet.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    simonwolf wrote: »
    But enough about Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

wandering on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

*Current Period 252 GB*

Any attempt to download an app over 150 mb using my data is denied.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Finally, kickstarter bringing a product to the market that is desperately needed. An oo-mox machine.

I don't know what I'm looking at besides the ugliest pair of headphones ever.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

There’s a couple bugs in the system that you can exploit to get it to download regardless. One is Starting the download, getting the limit message, turning on airplane mode, rebooting your phone, then turning off airplane mode. Another is scheduling the download and then changing your clock. There are probably details for each bug, you can find them on youtube.

It’s stupid. I get mad at this and the limit on podcast size too. You should be able to bypass all this shit, especially after they changed policy and started allowing streaming video apps over cellular, which use WAY more data than 150MB. I get that users are dumb and might use all their data carelessly but to not have a bypass is extremely inconvient and inconsistent with other aspects of data use policy

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

oomax is that sexual ear massage that the ferengi really like

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

oomax is that sexual ear massage that the ferengi really like

*shudders*

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    oh god is monster hunter going to be the next overwatch where it's like three years of every possible pop culture reference being attached to it and just constant joygasming about it because i might have to quit video games altogether
    Overwatch hasn't even been out for 2 years!

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

There’s a couple bugs in the system that you can exploit to get it to download regardless. One is Starting the download, getting the limit message, turning on airplane mode, rebooting your phone, then turning off airplane mode. Another is scheduling the download and then changing your clock. There are probably details for each bug, you can find them on youtube.

It’s stupid. I get mad at this and the limit on podcast size too. You should be able to bypass all this shit, especially after they changed policy and started allowing streaming video apps over cellular, which use WAY more data than 150MB. I get that users are dumb and might use all their data carelessly but to not have a bypass is extremely inconvient and inconsistent with other aspects of data use policy

Apple: It Just Works

This discussion has been closed.