Options

[Bad Food]: Wherein we discuss what is and is not a sandwich

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I am always surprised by the quality of the sushi I get from Ralph's. I grabbed a "classic crunchy tuna" roll that has tuna, avocado, and cucumber inside the roll, and then spicy mayo and little deep fried crispers on top. The veggies and tuna taste super fresh, the mayo isn't too spicy or poured on too heavy, the crispers are still crisp.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    what is that, chili pepper and chocolate ice cream?
    e: ah and cinnamon and almonds

Y'know I've never tried chocolate and chiles but that sounds like it could be real good

Like roasted chiles, almonds, and little blips of cinnamon. And it tastes like a darker chocolate ice cream and is very smooth and yeah it's very good. Not a TON of heat. Just a mild after effect

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    V1m wrote: »
    the cheat wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    I did the thing and now I have twelve different specialty sodas.

1. Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer (Non-Alc)
    2. Virgil's Black Cherry Cream
    3. Virgil's Root Beer
    4. Moxie
    5. Nehi Peach
    6. Bawls (never tried before)
    7. Jones Green Apple
    8. Chocolate Strawberry
    9. Reading Draft Blueberry Birch
    10. Reading Draft Orange Cream
    11. Reading Draft Grape Smoothie
    12. Cheerwine

I am jealous of your peach nehi. cheerwine, on the other hand... tried it recently and the subtle notes of nyquil did not impress.

Was the Nyquil fresh and properly chilled?

on the rocks.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Sara Lee strawberry cheesecake, still delicious. Planning on eating the rest for breakfast. ^.^

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Y'know I've never tried chocolate and chiles but that sounds like it could be real good

It is a very good combo

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Chile hot chocolate is a pretty common drink.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    I am always surprised by the quality of the sushi I get from Ralph's. I grabbed a "classic crunchy tuna" roll that has tuna, avocado, and cucumber inside the roll, and then spicy mayo and little deep fried crispers on top. The veggies and tuna taste super fresh, the mayo isn't too spicy or poured on too heavy, the crispers are still crisp.

Yeah, Ralph's/Kroger/Fred Meyer's seems to have gotten it right with their little in-store sushi making operations. It's not great by any stretch of the imagination, but it's just fine for a run in & grab it meal

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Chocolate and chilies is fuckin’ GREAT.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Well, I may have broken my diet today, but it was worth it to discover the joy of

MEGA SOURS, god damn.

46ut0ic3tkbg.png

These things burn my tongue faster than warheads, and taste better too. I've had five and had to tap out for the day because the fifth one hurt so much. I love them oh my god

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I can't do candy like that after an incident in high school where I damaged my tongue for like a week after putting a whole tin of the sour lemon Altoids in my mouth at once.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I can't do candy like that after an incident in high school where I damaged my tongue for like a week after putting a whole tin of the sour lemon Altoids in my mouth at once.

Doing stunts like that is the only way I can feel alive

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    sometimes you just have to take life by the heating element

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

So we live in a fish tank?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I was thinking of a soldering iron specifically

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

I love fried food so much I fried myself

h10haf3gqnhy.jpg

Uriel on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    One of the downsides of losing as much weight as I have over the last year is the hunger I now have
    As there are times I am just very hungry for anything but I am at work and basically stuck dealing with it as I can brave the lines during my break or just suffer
    I really should stop that as I get really hungry and quite tried

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    We have had 200 years of Donkey Sauce, and may it flow ever eternal.

sig.gif
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Oh god pictures later but my mum just made the most decadent french desert called Ilses Flotantes

It is insane

• Options
    I hate

the word "decadent".

I have no idea why, I just fucking hate it.

• Options

sarukun wrote: »
    I hate

the word "decadent".

fair

i always think that it has a bit of a silly, exaggerated ring to it when you actually say it. And it's fun to pronounce.

i wouldn't like to use it in a particularly serious context tho. There are much better words to describe actual opulence and excess.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Opulent is like decadents big, classy brother who lived in Italy for six years.

I seriously have no idea why I don’t like that word, it’s fucking claws on a chalkboard to me, it’s really weird.

sarukun on
  • Options
    I lack the confidence to just say "extra"

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    I hate

the word "decadent".

Probably because it's one of those words that used to have actual meaning, but has been turned into infuriatingly annoying buzzing by marketing, like "artisanal"? It used to actually mean true excess, now it's something they put in commercials for desserts with chocolate in them to show how naughty you are for eating something with more than 50 calories in it OHHHH GOOOOD I FUCKING HATE IT!!!!

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they kind of ruined it. A 50cal light OREO or whatever is not decadent.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    You guys are using decadent wrong. It's supposed to mean 'object with ten dents' but it's been misappropriated so much over the years...

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    You guys are using decadent wrong. It's supposed to mean 'object with ten dents' but it's been misappropriated so much over the years...

Okay, I'm atleast 70% sure thats wrong

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »

Okay, I'm atleast 70% sure thats wrong

So it actually means three to seventeen dents?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    I hate

the word "decadent".

Probably because it's one of those words that used to have actual meaning, but has been turned into infuriatingly annoying buzzing by marketing, like "artisanal"? It used to actually mean true excess, now it's something they put in commercials for desserts with chocolate in them to show how naughty you are for eating something with more than 50 calories in it OHHHH GOOOOD I FUCKING HATE IT!!!!

No, it’s the way it hits my ear.

Something about it makes we want to punch people.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'll say the word decadent upon request but only if you'll violently batter my skull afterwards

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

You've never ordered a jalepeno milkshake at Sonic? You're missing out, Zero.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular

Croque Madame lives up to the hype.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Cracked open the bottle of Rocket Fizz Chocolate Strawberry soda. Tastes like a liquid cordial, which personally I really like so it's pretty great.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I sure wish it wasn't like 85 or 90 degrees in here so I could turn the oven on and cook something.

• Options
    my sister just lent me a cookbook by her housemate and it's all about pickling so it's time to go down that rabbit hole of goodness

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I'll say the word decadent upon request but only if you'll violently batter my skull afterwards

I don't understand. That's a waste of perfectly good batter.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    it's got recipes for pickled mangos, some nice fermented things, a bunch of jams and relishes and also charred pickled jalapenos, and a bunch of recipes for using fruit and vegetable scraps so that's gonna be real interesting

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Pickled apples are pretty good fyi

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My wife just fell down a pickling and fermeting hole thanks to It's Alive with Brad.

Currently she's brining some lemons, got some half sour spicy pickles brewing and is working on a bug for ginger beer.

She's learning it all from a book called The Art of Fermentation which she says is very good.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    My wife just fell down a pickling and fermeting hole thanks to It's Alive with Brad.

Currently she's brining some lemons, got some half sour spicy pickles brewing and is working on a bug for ginger beer.

She's learning it all from a book called The Art of Fermentation which she says is very good.

I bought my wife that book for some or another holiday, I can't remember. It is very good!

This discussion has been closed.