Options

What's the best monster race in [Tabletop Games]

24567101

Posts

  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    erotic and sensual naga

    9ewxcch1yp4h.png

  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Gnolls
    Dubh wrote: »
    some folk are gonna be real sad about the lack of catgirls in the poll

    Can’t believe you’d call me out like this

  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Lizardfolk
    Dubh wrote: »
    some folk are gonna be real sad about the lack of catgirls in the poll

    Can’t believe you’d call me out like this

    >:3c

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Gnolls
    gotta go with those spicy denizens of the cajun crown jewel herself, gnollins

    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I keep looking for the skeleton option, it’s gotta be there somewhere

    It’s gotta be...

  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Cactuars
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    I keep looking for the skeleton option, it’s gotta be there somewhere

    It’s gotta be...

    It's all of them. What kind of skeleton you want?

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    I keep looking for the skeleton option, it’s gotta be there somewhere

    It’s gotta be...

    It's all of them. What kind of skeleton you want?

    The spookiest you got, please

  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    We played a Shadowrun one-off last night, as no DnD

    I actually do still really enjoy that game. It's a bit janky, but if no-one has a really bent character and people know the rules, it's still a good laugh. We played some Barrens Gangers doing a hit on a rival BTL stash and for some cathartic ultra-violence? Sure. Only thing I wish is that combat drugs were a bit more viable, they're totally a thing in the setting but nobody takes them as addiction is so crippling to a character.

    I totally rammed myself up with Kamikaze mind. It's a one off, fuck it. My Orc (Tyrone) was just a wrecking machine with his Uzi!

  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Gnolls
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    I keep looking for the skeleton option, it’s gotta be there somewhere

    It’s gotta be...

    It's all of them. What kind of skeleton you want?

    The spookiest you got, please

    I'd wager a yuan-ti skellington is pretty scary

    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Kobolds
    Solar wrote: »
    We played a Shadowrun one-off last night, as no DnD

    I actually do still really enjoy that game. It's a bit janky, but if no-one has a really bent character and people know the rules, it's still a good laugh. We played some Barrens Gangers doing a hit on a rival BTL stash and for some cathartic ultra-violence? Sure. Only thing I wish is that combat drugs were a bit more viable, they're totally a thing in the setting but nobody takes them as addiction is so crippling to a character.

    I totally rammed myself up with Kamikaze mind. It's a one off, fuck it. My Orc (Tyrone) was just a wrecking machine with his Uzi!

    how are the hacking and astral planes rules in the newest version?

    because I remember just hating them all the time every other time I've played shadowrun

  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Kobolds
    Solar wrote: »
    We played a Shadowrun one-off last night, as no DnD

    I actually do still really enjoy that game. It's a bit janky, but if no-one has a really bent character and people know the rules, it's still a good laugh. We played some Barrens Gangers doing a hit on a rival BTL stash and for some cathartic ultra-violence? Sure. Only thing I wish is that combat drugs were a bit more viable, they're totally a thing in the setting but nobody takes them as addiction is so crippling to a character.

    I totally rammed myself up with Kamikaze mind. It's a one off, fuck it. My Orc (Tyrone) was just a wrecking machine with his Uzi!

    You can build a viable drug character in 4E but you really do need to build around it. I agree that drugs should be more useful to all builds to encourage use and addiction.

    But yeah, I built a character using some splatbooks that made drugs hit harder, but also wear off way faster. So my character would basically pound whatever they needed in that moment and ride a constant yo-yo of ups and downs.

  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I have no idea because we all played shitkickers, and we used 4th ed rules because it's what we all know basically. Great laugh, be up for another campaign although I've never been a big fan of the magic element myself. Just like cyberpunk stuff.

  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gnolls
    I'm still thinking about that idea I had at the end of the last thread. I'm gonna quote myself, because it was literally the last post:
    Oh hey whoops I accidentally wrote out a full pitch for this:

    You are a hero.

    You won the war. The war had lasted for ages, it was a war that everyone thought would never end, but you and your closest companions provided the crucial move that won it.
    The war that has consumed the last decade of your life, the war that you worried would consume the rest of your life, the war has come to an end, and now all you have to do is return home.

    But returning home is not easy. Home is far away, and the path there isn't easy. You are a hero of the war, sure, but the war is over. You're no longer that hero, no matter the stories people tell and the songs people sing. All you are is a person who wants to return home.


    At the start of the game you have all (or nearly all) of your abilities. Every monumental godlike feat that you could accomplish is available to you. Once. Once you use the ability, it is no longer available, until you fulfill the very specific trigger that is required to refresh that ability. If you manage to do that, the ability will be available to you again, but once you've used it again, you'll need to find a way to refresh it once more.

    Rather than gaining new abilities through experience, you gain new ways to refresh your existing abilities. Nothing too easy, of course - you will never be the person you were the day the war ended - but enough to hopefully keep you alive until you are able to make it home and retire.

    (this is obviously based really heavily on the story of Odysseus, although I don't actually think that keeping that particular setting intact is worthwhile and if I were to create it as a full thing I would probably end up in either a more standard fantasy or maybe an intergalactic science fiction milieu)

    So one of the things I'm thinking about is the idea of the ability refresh triggers. There are two obvious directions to go with it, essentially, which are good things and bad things. Good things being like being merciful and diplomatic and not at all warlike, and bad things being merciless and terrible, like you were before the war was won. Given my whole deal, I'm leaning more towards the latter, at least the majority of the time - in order to get back the abilities that you used to win the war, you need to be more like the person that won the war.

    But going back to the idea of advancements through experience, I think a neat thing to do would be to have the refresh triggers that you gain that way be less warlike. Or at least have the option there to begin your recovery in that way. A sort of re-acclimation to society and the rules that govern it.

    I'm still clearly spitballing with broad ideas here, but I do actually like where some of this is right now.

  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Minotaurs
    Kobold v minotaur is a tough fight for me

    Conceptually, I like kobolds more

    But I’ve had way more fun roleplaying minotaurs

    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    where muh undeads at

  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Minotaurs
    Kaz the Minotaur 4lyfe

  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Minotaurs
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Kaz the Minotaur 4lyfe

    Literally the one Dragonlance book I liked, purchased solely on the strength of a rad cover.

    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Kaz_the_Minotaur_(Dragonlance_novel).jpg

    Auralynx on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Humans
    i picked human because it's nice to have a medium sized monster you don't feel bad about killing.

  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Goblins
    I had to follow my heart and go with my boys.

    goblins.jpg

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Goblins
    I gotta level up my paladin for tomorrow even if I don't know if I'll be over this bug by then.

    I hope I will be I want to D&D it up.

    I think I'ma drop my level 4 stat bump into Charisma since I think I've decided to go Oath Of Devotion given how many undead we have come across so far and it fits more with how I've been playing my character's personality.

  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Goblins
    Uriel wrote: »
    I gotta level up my paladin for tomorrow even if I don't know if I'll be over this bug by then.

    I hope I will be I want to D&D it up.

    I think I'ma drop my level 4 stat bump into Charisma since I think I've decided to go Oath Of Devotion given how many undead we have come across so far and it fits more with how I've been playing my character's personality.

    Plus you'll be prettier.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Goblins
    ok. should I take the charisma bump or the war caster feat?

  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Goblins
    Uriel wrote: »
    ok. should I take the charisma bump or the war caster feat?

    I'd say the Charisma bump.

    You don't have enough spells to really utilize War Caster in the same way a Cleric or Wizard might.

    And more charisma is going to make your limited spells stronger, grant you access to preparing more spells per day, boost the strength of your Sacred Weapon ability, improve your social skills, and come 6th level it'll boost your Aura of Protection.

    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Lizardfolk
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    ok. should I take the charisma bump or the war caster feat?

    I'd say the Charisma bump.

    You don't have enough spells to really utilize War Caster in the same way a Cleric or Wizard might.

    And more charisma is going to make your limited spells stronger, grant you access to preparing more spells per day, boost the strength of your Sacred Weapon ability, improve your social skills, and come 6th level it'll boost your Aura of Protection.

    Counterpoint: Paladins get some good concentration spells and also tend to draw aggro.

    Countercounterpoint: Spells cast are not Smites made.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Humans
    spellcaster paladin = charisma
    melee paladin = strength

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Kobolds
    what's a spellcaster paladin

    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Minotaurs
    What about Paladin with a dip into Hexblade so your melee attacks are based on charisma?

    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Humans
    doomybear wrote: »
    what's a spellcaster paladin

    well i know in 4e you could have a chaladin who had more spell like attacks than the strength paladin, but in every other edition paladin magic is kind of butts aside of buffs so i don't know.

    my current paladin has 18 charisma, but she also has gauntlets of ogre strength to overcome her ten strength.

  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Humans
    doomybear wrote: »
    what's a spellcaster paladin

    One that excels in using spells. A lot of the paladin juiced stuff is based on "you have +charisma charges" style stuff.

    But that only really gets you 5+1 usually, but that's a lot of spells for low level if you can max it by level 4.

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Goblins
    Oh I don't have to worry about Strength ever.

    I rolled 18 for that at creation and put in a variant human point in there then took the heavy armor feat to get it to 20.

    I took the Charisma bump, though, put both points in there so it's 17 now, it'll help with sacred weapon (do I still add my strength mod? because uh, +10 to hit is so much...) and spell saves a bit.

  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Humans
    Uriel wrote: »
    Oh I don't have to worry about Strength ever.

    I rolled 18 for that at creation and put in a variant human point in there then took the heavy armor feat to get it to 20.

    I took the Charisma bump, though, put both points in there so it's 17 now, it'll help with sacred weapon (do I still add my strength mod? because uh, +10 to hit is so much...) and spell saves a bit.

    jesus christ

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Goblins
    It's kinda a high powered game anyway since the DM house ruled everyone a free feat at level 1 as well, so I actually also have pole arm master since I had been leaning oath of vengeance.

    I kinda have war caster and great weapon master on my feat shopping list now.

  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Humans
    high charisma is also useful for saves. high saves are great. i could stand to have higher AC but having three attacks is probably better.

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Goblins
    My d20 hates me though so hey I'll take all the help on to hit I can get.

    I only have the set I bought when I joined this game now, and the metal set that I got from satans but those will fuck my friend's table up, I lost my old collection some time ago.

    Still it sucks I can't put them in dice jail when they are misbehaving. Though to be fair it came through on that banshee the one night.

  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Humans
    Uriel wrote: »
    My d20 hates me though so hey I'll take all the help on to hit I can get.

    I only have the set I bought when I joined this game now, and the metal set that I got from satans but those will fuck my friend's table up, I lost my old collection some time ago.

    Still it sucks I can't put them in dice jail when they are misbehaving. Though to be fair it came through on that banshee the one night.

    Grab a dice tower!

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    where muh undeads at

    Doing fashion
    yuxcd8hrdrwe.png
    Oglaf is usually NSFW and 90% unpostable so please don't post it

  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Kobolds
    Boy that was a fun top of the page to notice had been sitting behind me for a few minutes of conversation at the office. :lol:

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Goblins
    bowen wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    My d20 hates me though so hey I'll take all the help on to hit I can get.

    I only have the set I bought when I joined this game now, and the metal set that I got from satans but those will fuck my friend's table up, I lost my old collection some time ago.

    Still it sucks I can't put them in dice jail when they are misbehaving. Though to be fair it came through on that banshee the one night.

    Grab a dice tower!

    I have one! I would take it over there but it's kinda large to pack into my messenger bag. Though I suppose I could just leave it there for as long as the game runs, they have one too but it's a nice wooden one and only one one side of the table.

  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Humans
    We had to get a dice box because the two of us that had metal dice were going to end up fucking up the table.

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Minotaurs
    bowen wrote: »
    We had to get a dice box because the two of us that had metal dice were going to end up fucking up the table.

    I got the guy who ran the main 4E game I was in one of those felt-bottomed open boxes for everyone's dice because we were playing on a glass table and either I or one of his dogs was going to go mad if we had to keep hearing the tinkling.

This discussion has been closed.