As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] The Sacrifice is here!

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    SteveRage wrote: »
    so, because i keep building as many things as i can get my grubby hands on, i have no more weapon slots.
    i need to level the poop weapons i don't like using so i can rid of em.
    also, i am building what looks like a rubber ducky made of metal and covered in tumors that you ram your fist up in that shoots lasers that looks like a lot of fun.
    also a blade-whip thingy that makes my rhino the sassiest of rhinos

That could be at least 3 different weapons, can you be more specific?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    so, because i keep building as many things as i can get my grubby hands on, i have no more weapon slots.
    also, i am building what looks like a rubber ducky made of metal and covered in tumors that you ram your fist up in that shoots lasers that looks like a lot of fun.

It's almost certainly the Atomos, which is good.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    I actually prefer going in slow, picking off bad guys in stealth, and but setting off any alarms while I look for rate drops.

Though following a freaking tornado that destroys everything in its path does make these missions go by faster.

What frame should I get after Rhino? I have BP for Oberon. Should that be my next goal?
    Hm. Frost, from the boss of Ceres, could be a good next get. His snow globe ability, which drops a big icy bubble that you can shoot out of but will block outside fire, is really handy for any mission that involves defending things. If an infested invasion shows up with an assassination mission, then farming that for the Nyx warframe would be handy as well. She's got good CC and her abilities scale well by virtue of turning the enemy against itself.
    Feel free to try out oberon or any other frames you want to in the meantime, however.
    There's a Phorid manifestation live right now on Ceres, level 24-26.
    Aaaaand 3 runs got me 3 different Nyx components. That's some incredible luck. Woohoo!

• Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

It's almost certainly the Atomos, which is good.

I see. Yeah that's a fun one.

Might not be a good idea to decribe weapons as "looks like... covered in tumors" when there are weapons that are literally covered in tumors though :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So I looked at my profile and someone wants be dead? What?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So I looked at my profile and someone wants be dead? What?
    When you kill bosses, you get marked by Stalker. When you run invasions for a faction, you get marked by the opposing faction.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    yeah, atomos. looks to be fun, if weird lookin.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Be sure to get the Ruinous Extension mod, which fixes its rather short range.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2018
    Jesus Hubbard Christ the organ room on That Unlocked Place. Might have been the first time in 15 years I've shouted at my computer.

it wouldn't be bad if I could focus on it, but there's every single Corpus in the system shooting at me at the same time.

Echo on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Jesus Hubbard Christ the organ room on That Unlocked Place. Might have been the first time in 15 years I've shouted at my computer.

it wouldn't be bad if I could focus on it, but there's every single Corpus in the system shooting at me at the same time.

I refuse to do that puzzle now that I've got its reward.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

I guess I have to run Zephyr until I happen to run across that room again.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

it's not an uncommon room, it just absolutely sucks buttholes to do it solo

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I spent so long on that Organ room that it autofailed a mission for me as some sort of anti-something measure. I guess it thought I couldn't possibly be operating the game since I hadn't either killed anything or completed extraction in like a half hour. Yet to bother with chasing those mods since.

• Options
    edited April 2018

Titania would be better, actual flight vs. sorta flight and all.

Anyway, being the masochist than I am, I believe I have a spare or two of that mod if you're on PC and want it. Will be on later today.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I find Valkyr or Ivara work well for the Organ room too.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    I find Valkyr or Ivara work well for the Organ room too.

After watching a vid on YouTube, it was pretty easy with Frost.

Just don’t have the mindset that you need to hop into each pipe consecutively. Hop in a pipe, sit on the ledge to hit the next target.

• Options
    it's really fun when you get a random group in a defense mission who actually wants to stay a while. gets all crazy hectic.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    My experience in team missions thus far has been rounding a corner to find every enemy painting the walls and floors.

MISSION COMPLETE-TU.

• Options
    i usually hold my own pretty well. if i get somewhere around 25% dmg done then i'm happy.
    plus, as a rhino i get to rush in and rez people who are bleeding out cuz of my stompy stun thing and it makes me feel useful. and my floaty bot has a mod that pops a shield over me if i am rezzing someone.

i have had more than a few though, where as soon as i enter, everything is splattered and the mission is complete and i can never catch up to the other players. /shrug, free loot.

• Options
    Any suggestions for a Focus school to... focus... on to start with?

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Do you like to cast Warframe powers? Yes you do.

Go Zenurik. Unlock Energy Pulse, then unlock and max out Energizing Dash.

Live forever on infinite energy. You're welcome.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Any suggestions for a Focus school to... focus... on to start with?

Zenuirk is the most popular one for the energy, especially when you fully unlock the rest of Spoiler Mode after War Within and get the skill that lets you create energy regen fields on demand.

If you want to be different, Vazarin will give you instant revives and increased affinity range (which also buffs the range of abilities that use your Affinity range, like Blessing and Harrow's party buffs) and the melee buffs from Naramon are pretty snazzy as well.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I doubled the mod capacity of my Hek. Shit's about to get real.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    forget "real", shit's about to get dead.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    It's kind of absurd overkill atm since scattered justice and a damage mod would be fine for a while probably, but yeah, I want that cursive dead.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I've made about 3 different attempts to get into Warframe but it's finally clicking for me. Not sure if they've changed the game up significantly but it's feeling real real good. Just starting out on PC, any chance of getting an invite to the Clan?

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I unlocked a quest, the Something Theorem, that opens with having to do an Archwing Interception mission. And it is the stupidest thing in this game ever. There's enemies with shields that I can't shoot through / break down, and if I touch them, I take a huge amount of damage.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    It's kind of absurd overkill atm since scattered justice and a damage mod would be fine for a while probably, but yeah, I want that cursive dead.

Make sure to add punch-through. Drastically improves the utility of shotguns.

• Options
    i would also appreciate a clan invite. (PC, fungible is my name)
    i also bounced off this game hard 3 or 4 times but it has its hooks in me good now.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I unlocked a quest, the Something Theorem, that opens with having to do an Archwing Interception mission. And it is the stupidest thing in this game ever. There's enemies with shields that I can't shoot through / break down, and if I touch them, I take a huge amount of damage.
    Yeah, gotta get those guys from the side or with splash damage. Archwing Interception works a lot like normal interception, so remember, you only have to be able to kill the specific enemy capturing the point before they complete the capture. In this mode, that's the enemy with the red bubble around them and the red energy beam going from them to the point. With the size of these maps, you can just get LOS on two points from outside the aggro range of most of the enemies and pick the guys going for caps off.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

I would hold off on doing Limbo Theorem until you finish working your way throught the star map

Also archeing balance is pretty terrible atm and corpus corvettes have a shotgun blast type weapon that will randomly just oneshot you if you happen to get hit by more than half the pellets

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I need a Galatine Prime Blade to progress on Steel Meridian rep so I looked at my relics and found one with a chance to drop it. The mission was a little high level but 2 decked out people were destroying everything - someone had a little ball rolling around playing music (?) and one of the warframes had red lasers going out and controlling all the big baddies. This game never stops surprising me.

When we got our relics the person who carried was super super grateful to me because my relic dropped a Saryn Prime Chassis. I thought maybe they'd just been hunting a while til I looked up Saryn to see what she does and realized she's in the vault. Haha! Maybe I shouldn't be using those relics un-refined to get a quest item :p

• Options
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    When we got our relics the person who carried was super super grateful to me because my relic dropped a Saryn Prime Chassis. I thought maybe they'd just been hunting a while til I looked up Saryn to see what she does and realized she's in the vault. Haha! Maybe I shouldn't be using those relics un-refined to get a quest item :p

Yeah, I'm halfway to Trinity Prime now thanks to relics from randos.

• Options

Wait until the Armada event triggers, use the fact everyone is finally doing an Archwing mission now (namely, the Corpus Mobile defense one on Neptune) and use that to farm (affinity) for the gear you'll need to solo Interception.

Or you can wait for Limbo Prime (which if they stay on schedule, will be the next Prime frame to be released) and get him that way instead. *Someday* you'll still maybe want Limbo for Mastery Rank affinity, but only once you're at the point where you are scrapping the barrel for every last little bit of MR xp you can get.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yeah, gotta get those guys from the side or with splash damage. Archwing Interception works a lot like normal interception, so remember, you only have to be able to kill the specific enemy capturing the point before they complete the capture. In this mode, that's the enemy with the red bubble around them and the red energy beam going from them to the point. With the size of these maps, you can just get LOS on two points from outside the aggro range of most of the enemies and pick the guys going for caps off.
    That is not true at all. Capturing can only be complete if all enemies are gone (in either kind of interception). If one enemy is present, progress stops.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    That is not true at all. Capturing can only be complete if all enemies are gone (in either kind of interception). If one enemy is present, progress stops.

He's talking about recapping. Capping it yourself of course requires you killing everything around you.

Your starting Archwing is somewhat poor for solo Interception, as you lack any good way to eliminate anything that you aren't facing and difficult to find. You should be able to get all the parts for other Archwings from your clan dojo: I'd probably get the Itzel, it's the fastest, has stealth, and the ultimate is drones that seek out and destroy nearby enemies without any further input from you. Your starting primary is actually the best for this: The Flutus that everyone loves has a travel time, and that's no good when you are trying to snipe enemies that are trying to recap points that you've already capped from the point you are currently capping, which is a must unless you get someone to help.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So I thought I'll get a dog but the materials I need for the incubator is like 4000 thing of a thing I've never heard of before (spores?).

Oh well, I guess I'll continue the tour of the solar system. Also, what's this 'return to the void' thing? Am I, the player, dead? Am I a ghost? What is going on in this game.

• Options
    "the Void", in this setting, is the hyperspace outside the Origin (Sol) System.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    ...And you get Nano Spores from Saturn, or the Orokin Derelict.

They drop in batchs of ~100-200+, so it's not as much of a farm as it looks.

You know those nav coordinates you sometimes find in containers? you can buy a set of reusable BPs from the Market to craft keys with them that will let you do missions on the Orokin Derelict. Keep in mind the level range is about 25-35, and it's pretty much all infested (with some Grineer and Corpus) so it might be a bit too much of a challenge.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.