As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread: Halfway through the year already? Backlog down or growing?

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    God of War is amazing and where did the weekend go

I've still only played the first game. Someday I'll play the rest!

Please don't miss out on this one because you haven't played the rest. This is a very different game with similar tastes. Like biting into a different species of Apple, yeah it's still an Apple but hot damn do these Granny Smiths taste different.

I have the GoW collection on ps3, just haven't been able to sit down and play it. They're not kid friendly and all ;) I don't have a PS4, so I won't be playing the newest one for a long time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Does anyone's idlemaster work anymore?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular

Mine stopped working recently, I had to change to Archi Steam Farm

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    EDIT: And hey, if you don't mind some gameplay spoilers, @TheKoolEagle is streaming BT right now. <3

I've bitched for years about the lack of a solid Front Mission style game on the PC.

I watched the stream for about thirty seconds before my dick exploded.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    32faxkY.png

@ReverseCreations strikes again.

Thanks for ... Doodle Date? :lol:

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    EDIT: And hey, if you don't mind some gameplay spoilers, @TheKoolEagle is streaming BT right now. <3

I've bitched for years about the lack of a solid Front Mission style game on the PC.

There's a cream for that.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

There's a cream for that.

There is now a surgery for that.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    It's a cruel day when you can't even step away to take a shower without being gifted.

qy2q58iieqeq.jpg

cuquhlw24v6e.jpg

Thanks for Nier Automata, @Raiden333 ! The first game was an absolute gem on the PlayStation 3. I'm looking forward to finally checking out the sequel!

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Are there sex minigames in the new god of war?

• Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    @ReverseCreations is being deliberately dense and I would like to file a complaint with his complaint department!
    w1v58cxwrk8v.jpg
    Thanks a bunch for Dungeon Painter Studio :D I can't wait to start making battle maps with this <3

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    Thanks for the plug @Iolo I try to keep my stream whoring to a minimum even when I get pre release content haha.

Definitely recommend battletech, if you like mechs, and strategy rpgs, you will not be disappointed.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Loading...? - Choplifter HD

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Someone has, for the past few months, occasionally tried to access my Epic Games account (I only know because I'll occasionally get emails saying my account is temporarily locked due to too many incorrect password attempts). This is weird, because I don't own anything on it, and literally only created it like a year or two ago to test out the current version of the new Unreal game. I get why someone would try and steal a Steam account, but why would anyone try and break into an empty Epic Games account? I don't have any payment info stored, and my personal info isn't terribly valuable (Epic thinks my name is David Davidson and my company is Vandelay Industries).

In other news the MGSV servers are down for maintenance for the next two hours so I guess I have to find something else to play. Why can't there be more games where you sneak up on a dude, grab him, force him to tell you where all of his friends are deployed, then decide to either stab him in the throat or judo him into the ground at mach 2 and then attach a balloon to him so he floats up into the air and gets grabbed by a chopper and forced to come be a part of your private army?

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Someone has, for the past few months, occasionally tried to access my Epic Games account (I only know because I'll occasionally get emails saying my account is temporarily locked due to too many incorrect password attempts). This is weird, because I don't own anything on it, and literally only created it like a year or two ago to test out the current version of the new Unreal game. I get why someone would try and steal a Steam account, but why would anyone try and break into an empty Epic Games account? I don't have any payment info stored, and my personal info isn't terribly valuable (Epic thinks my name is David Davidson and my company is Vandelay Industries).

Same thing is happening over here. Have epic said anything? Changed the password just in case but the false logins keep comin'

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    With the success of Fortnite it was only a matter of time I guess.

Epic had a security breach that they informed people about some time in early march.
    looks like a bunch of account info was taken, though maybe not passwords? given the number of brute-force attacks that are being reported.
    If you have not already you should remove your CC info and enable 2 factor authentication.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Firstly, the people trying to get into your account don't know that.

Secondly, I'm sure there's some stolen credit card numbers they could slot in there anyway.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I don't think they had an actual security breach. Your epic games account login is your email address, and I think hackers are just using email address from all the other data breaches of late to guess at account name and password combinations in hope that someone reused a password.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    I don't think they had an actual security breach. Your epic games account login is your email address, and I think hackers are just using email address from all the other data breaches of late to guess at account name and password combinations in hope that someone reused a password.

That makes sense. Another timely reminder to use a password manager, folks. The only password I remember is my master password and everything else (over 70 entries) have enormous, auto-generated nonsense passwords that I've rarely even seen in text form

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    So Gorn is amazing, thank you @jdarksun

Up to now I've punched a table and a light shade. The light shades are now down whilst playing the game. I also had to figure out how to re-orientate myself so I'm not facing my TV by default, and set up some "advanced warning" settings through some third party software that buzz the controllers when I'm too close to the edge of my play area.

Because, to be honest, I just get lost beating the shit out of these gladiators. I'd had a busy day at work yesterday so late evening I just popped the Rift on, beat the shit out of a gladiator with a mace and then just went to town pummeling his corpse until there was nothing left but a bloody husk.

...I may have issues.

::edit:: Not mine, but just look at this:

GORN-Double-claws.gif

SO FUCKING COOL

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular

Mine stopped working too but I deleted and reinstalled it and for some reason it works great now but there seem to be a lot of people with the same problem that can't get it to work no matter what. Apparently it got fixed by some random user but I don't know if it's 100% trustable or not.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »

Mine stopped working too but I deleted and reinstalled it and for some reason it works great now but there seem to be a lot of people with the same problem that can't get it to work no matter what. Apparently it got fixed by some random user but I don't know if it's 100% trustable or not.

Idlemaster stopped working on my laptop but still works on my desktop. I think the laptop version is actually much newer so I've been meaning to check if I can just copy the older version over. If it turns out the old one still works, I can share it if anyone wants it.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    So Gorn is amazing, thank you @jdarksun

Up to now I've punched a table and a light shade. The light shades are now down whilst playing the game. I also had to figure out how to re-orientate myself so I'm not facing my TV by default, and set up some "advanced warning" settings through some third party software that buzz the controllers when I'm too close to the edge of my play area.

Because, to be honest, I just get lost beating the shit out of these gladiators. I'd had a busy day at work yesterday so late evening I just popped the Rift on, beat the shit out of a gladiator with a mace and then just went to town pummeling his corpse until there was nothing left but a bloody husk.

...I may have issues.

::edit:: Not mine, but just look at this:

GORN-Double-claws.gif

SO FUCKING COOL

I'd love to get Gorn, but I don't have enough room to set up roomscale mode with the Vive :(

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    So I just finished Xcom:EW. That is a stupidly addicting game. Worse yet it was mac-able so I may have not done work super effectively for the last week or 2. I can tell they were using the same math that FF14 uses when it comes to percentages though.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Reviews on Battletech are coming in: it’s that damned good. This plus MWO plus MechWarrior 5 coming later this year... it’s a damn good year for stompybots.

Now, how to fit a gift-a-pult onto a Cat-aphract...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    i have 23 hours logged into it and I feel I've barely scraped the surface of it. You'll get your money out of Battletech.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Reviews on Battletech are coming in: it’s that damned good. This plus MWO plus MechWarrior 5 coming later this year... it’s a damn good year for stompybots.

Is that how you build a Mad Cat?

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Are there sex minigames in the new god of war?

I’m not very far into the game but I can’t imagine any way there would be in this new one.

The tone is VERY different. There’s still violence and gore, but it’s a far more serious, heavy game.

I love the old ones for what they were.

I fell in love with this one in the first minute. Not even kidding

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Seems like it'd be easier to modify a Catapult!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

That sounds like a catastrophe waiting to happen.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

I just realized how many cat names Battletech has. It is like a sign or something.
    Poor Panther, hiding in the back.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to battletech a lot! But I think it'll be one of those games I pick up in 6 months or so when the price drops and when I have more free time.

In the meantime I've fallen into a Conan: Exiles hole and don't see myself crawling out any time soon.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I just realized how many cat names Battletech has. It is like a sign or something.

TIL that the Mad Cat is so named because a targetting computer kept switching designations for it from MAD to CAT.
    This amused me more than it should.
    Also I have discovered that Stompybots unlocks an hour earlier than I thought, and there was much rejoicing.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    CroakerBC wrote: »

TIL that the Mad Cat is so named because a targetting computer kept switching designations for it from MAD to CAT.
    Also I have discovered that Stompybots unlocks an hour earlier than I thought, and there was much rejoicing.

Oh I know that. But that little story behind the mech made me love BT even more. Especially the thought of a Marauder and Catapult having a baby. It wasn't enough that I already loved the game before the Clans invaded.
    For those who do not know, in the Battletech game the Inner Sphere (long story) were at war and the Clans (another long story) invaded. Well the Clans had far superior mechs and the Inner Sphere mechs never saw them before. So their targeting computers would lock onto the Timber Wolf which it had no idea what it was since it looked like a Marauder and Catapult. So the targeting computer flipped between MAD (Marauder) and CAT (Catapult) which led to the name MAD CAT. The computers were updated later on to identify it correctly as the Timber Wolf (TBR).

Edit: Sorry, geeking out that Battletech is live today!

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Oh I know that. But that little story behind the mech made me love BT even more. Especially the thought of a Marauder and Catapult having a baby. It wasn't enough that I already loved the game before the Clans invaded.
    For those who do not know, in the Battletech game the Inner Sphere (long story) were at war and the Clans (another long story) invaded. Well the Clans had far superior mechs and the Inner Sphere mechs never saw them before. So their targeting computers would lock onto the Timber Wolf which it had no idea what it was since it looked like a Marauder and Catapult. So the targeting computer flipped between MAD (Marauder) and CAT (Catapult) which led to the name MAD CAT. The computers were updated later on to identify it correctly as the Timber Wolf (TBR).

If it helps, I am literally sat here doing code reviews and trying to decide exactly how early I can leave, so I can get home and do some stompybotting.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

If it helps, I am literally sat here doing code reviews and trying to decide exactly how early I can leave, so I can get home and do some stompybotting.

Leave your phone and wallet on your desk and go home now. People will assume you just got up to grab something since you clearly wouldn't leave without your stuff.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

It's still 75 min until it launches so unless you have a really long commute you aren't in any hurry.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Downside is you don’t have your phone or wallet. For me, that’s a deal breaker.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mirkel wrote: »

It's still 75 min until it launches so unless you have a really long commute you aren't in any hurry.

I have, as it turns out, a 75 minute commute.
    So yeah.
    And on that note, I'm off, see you guys on the battlefield...

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Downside is you don’t have your phone or wallet. For me, that’s a deal breaker.

Burner phone and spare wallet with a fake ID. Or is this getting too complicated now...

I still think of it as a Timberwolf. 95% of my Battletech knowledge comes from the frankly terrifying amount of hours I dropped into MechWarrior 2 back in the day. I still have the Redbook CD soundtrack rips on my phone.

I'm looking forward to battletech a lot! But I think it'll be one of those games I pick up in 6 months or so when the price drops and when I have more free time.

I was thinking the same. But a bit of playing HBS' previous stunner Shadowrun: Dragonfall, the forum hype (looking at you, @Iolo :wink: ), a bit of watching @TheKoolEagle streaming, and GMG's 25% off, and I caved. It looks so good.

This discussion has been closed.