As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread: Halfway through the year already? Backlog down or growing?

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I just bought it late last week and pretty much marathon gamed it during all free time I had this weekend.

Really enjoying it. But I just play singleplayer. If I'm running a single player game, can I invite other players to play in my game world or do I need to set up a server or something?

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Iolo wrote: »
    Alright gang, it's nearly go time.

signature.png

Ends just before preload goes live!

A little less than a day to get in on this, and just a couple days until the game drops.

Also, this link is sort of a strategy primer from one of the devs (and apparently HBS winner of their skirmish tournament) and is pretty fantatstic: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1365402907

Includes a video of him taking on another dev in a 4v4 skirmish on a cool urban map.

BOOM! @Jaunty wins! Get to meching!

EDIT: Preload is go!!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Looking forward to hearing how the story and characters go.

I know its probably not going to be as big of a focus here but its where they really shined in the Shadowrun games.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Oh hey, 20% sale on BATTLETECH on Fanatical for a Steam key (says US only, though. :(EDIT: Double check that it activates in your region before pulling the trigger.)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018

22% off on Green Man Gaming with code GMG22. You also get a free game with it, tho it's not particularly noteworthy.

Or 25% off if you've got an account and go to the VIP deals section.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Fleeb wrote: »
    I'll have to try Conan again. I played for quite a bit but got really turned off by the combat jank, and I gave up altogether when they introduced the "running sheaths your weapon" bit of design brilliance. It's like... a game I really want to like, but it really seemed like the devs were doing everything in their power to make me not like it.

Yeah, they fixed that, too.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular

Says it 'activates in Australia' on my end, could be sending codes per your region/ip?

Loading...? - Frozen Cortex

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Has anyone figured out how to get these Steam sig images to work? Despite making the appropriate changes, mine still seems to be broken.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out how to get these Steam sig images to work? Despite making the appropriate changes, mine still seems to be broken.

What seems to be the trouble? Looks okay to me.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Here i was minding my own business when out of nowhere @Iolo Sniped me with a Copy of BATTLETECH!

Whats a person to do against such reckless Classyness? Thanks a bunch!

signature.png

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Wasn't it that the new Steam changes set things to private and now you have to go back and set it to public? Or is this something else?

• Options

Wasn't it that the new Steam changes set things to private and now you have to go back and set it to public? Or is this something else?

That's what it says, but I set mine to public and it's still showing my only game played as "Privacy Settings out of date"

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular

That's what it says, but I set mine to public and it's still showing my only game played as "Privacy Settings out of date"

it's showing as surviving mars for me; maybe a caching issue on your end?

• Options
    twmjr wrote: »

it's showing as surviving mars for me; maybe a caching issue on your end?

We have a winner! Apparently that was the problem.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Is there a game that does the overmap of xcom only?

Is it good?

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Apparently @Iolo was under the impression I wasn't distracted enough by Stellaris and Warframe and wants me to look at some turn-based mech goodness as well.

Thanks a lot for Battletech. <3

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Yes, thanks to @iolo for the gift of robots. mechs.
    uvqVyIM.jpg

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Uh oh. Is this @Iolo's new Borderlands 2? :wink:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Maybe someone should see if you can paint a mech pink, yes? For no reason at all...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Maybe someone should see if you can paint a meowmech pink, yes? For no reason at all...

Mech Mounted Cat-a-pult?

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    Maybe someone should see if you can paint a mech pink, yes? For no reason at all...

Please don't.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Okay. I might end up grabbing Conan, though. If they ironed out the problems, it could be fun to try.

I need to stretch my wings and try other kinds of games besides my usual fare of JRPGs and such.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Reposting. Don't be shy, these orphan keys need a home! :tell_me_more:
    Sumanai wrote: »
    I've been saving spare keys for way too long and never get to do anything with them so I figured I should just give them away at once, and what better place than the Steam thread.
    Some of these are really old, so I'm only 90% sure that the keys are still valid meaning it's possible that a few of them are already redeemed/expired and I apologize in advance if some of them are invalid.

If you see anything that looks interesting, either for yourself, a friend or a loved one, feel free to just send me a PM with the name of the game(s) and I'll hook you up.
    Please take these away from me, Steam thread denizens!

GAMES

DLCs

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    God of War is amazing and where did the weekend go

I've still only played the first game. Someday I'll play the rest!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OMG, @Iolo is on a rampage! Classic Iolo stealthily drops a key for Battletech! Thank you so much!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    In other news, Just started Far Harbor. Bad news, my frames immediately drop into the teens in the first town. I guess I'm going to have to squeeze more frames out of this somehow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Who was it that said the Tales of VesperiaBerseria cast were bad people? What liars, these guys are great.

LD50 on
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I am a dumb, misread game title

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Viking wrote: »
    I am a dumb, misread game title

Er, you probably didn't. I'm just sick and bad at the internet.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    There are times where games make you buy the entire system just to play that one game.
    Valkyria Chronicles for PS3
    Persona 4 Golden for Vita

and now the new sequel to Psychonauts might make me drop the cash for a VR headset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYkNKO9F28s

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    I thought Rhombus came out last year? Maybe its just hitting Playstation.

On a related note, Psychonauts 2 is still getting worked on, although updates are sparse atm since they are still early.

• Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Really enjoying my first few hours with For the King. I was a little surprised to see the Steam store page tell me it was similar to Darkest Dungeon before I started it up for the first time but I think the assessment is correct. Just like DD, the game starts with a little warning paragraph saying "Hey, you're going to die, don't expect to win this your first time through".

Combat is interesting, using (usually) a set of die rolls for attacks instead of just one roll. There's a mechanic that allows you to spend Focus points (which are limited) on rolls to guarantee their success, adding another dimension to the feeling of being at the mercy of RNGesus, where you can weigh whether or not to risk a miss or flip him off and say "Not today, fucker!" Though you only have a handful of attacks to choose from based on what's equipped the system seems pretty deep. There are a number of stats and a pretty huge list of persistent buffs / debuffs that can linger after combat has ended.

The system for unlocking perks involves collecting Lore points that you can spend outside of the game to add new playable characters and powerful magic items to be added to the loot tables for future runs. I just started looking at what was available before I had to stop last night and I can tell the system has its hooks in me.

I had to cut it short last night to watch Westworld but I think my activity calendar is clear tonight so I'm looking forward to diving back in.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    There are times where games make you buy the entire system just to play that one game.

and now the new sequel to Psychonauts might make me drop the cash for a VR headset.
    @NotoriusBEN
    Rhombus is a sort of inbetween the two games chapter that came out for VR a while ago. I think it's just new to Playstation VR.
    I'm pretty sure it's relatively short as many VR things are.
    Don't want you to be unpleasantly surprised.

The actual sequel will most likely be a multiplatform deal with the usual suspects. It's still in development, although they've shown off a bit of alpha footage.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    God of War is amazing and where did the weekend go

I've still only played the first game. Someday I'll play the rest!

Please don't miss out on this one because you haven't played the rest. This is a very different game with similar tastes. Like biting into a different species of Apple, yeah it's still an Apple but hot damn do these Granny Smiths taste different.

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »
    Who was it that said the Tales of VesperiaBerseria cast were bad people? What liars, these guys are great.

I don't think anyone has said that, have they? The combat sucks, but the cast is pretty widely regarded as great.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

I don't think anyone has said that, have they? The combat sucks, but the cast is pretty widely regarded as great.

Not that they were bad characters, but bad people.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I thought Rhombus came out last year? Maybe its just hitting Playstation.

Other way around. It was PSVR exclusive since February last year, and only came over to the Vive and Rift on PC last week. Sony has been pretty effective at locking up some big titles this way, but most of them have come over in the last few months. I think the major holdouts from the PSVR launch at this point are Resident Evil and the Star Wars Battlefront X-Wing mini mission.

• Options
    edited April 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYkNKO9F28s

I bought my first PC to play Missionforce: Cyberstorm. As a huge table top Battletech/Mechwarrior fan, it hit that manage-a-company-of-mechs-and-pilots/go-go-fight-turn-based-battles/don't-go-broke gameplay loop to perfection. I had actually bought a copy of the game and talked the proprietor of a local cyber cafe (yes, for real) into letting me install it so I could play it. It was even better than it looked so I bought my friend's old computer, driving down to North Carolina and back to retrieve it.

And now, tonight is my last night on this Earth that I will not be able to play BATTLETECH.

Seriously, I feel like I'm about to come home. :)

EDIT: And hey, if you don't mind some gameplay spoilers, @TheKoolEagle is streaming BT right now. <3

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So I come home to a message from the awesome @Sumanai gifting me what they said they would.
    gift.PNG

I can't thank you enough for this awesome gift.

Please don't.

I heard someone ask for a pink Catapult...
    forpixie.PNG

Not sure if they will have painting/coloring in BT, but this is in Mechwarrior Online which HPG is using the models from.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

Not that they were bad characters, but bad people.

Yeah, the party is mostly terrible people but very well written. The combat is decent - I think they need to simplify their systems and meters down a bit for the next one. But it's a significant improvement over Zestiria.

It helps that there's a party member who specializes in stopping enemy spell spamming (and blowing them up for trying). The AI's pretty good about it actually. Zestiria I just resorted to spamming my own giant AoEs out to kill them fast (and you can cast MUCH faster than the enemies can if you abuse evades).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.