As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Reunited [Souls] Thread

1159160161162163165»

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    How is it 2023 and the only way I can play Bloodborne is still on a PS4? What timeline is this?

I know this has kind of become a running joke, but seriously it's just bizarre now. Did one of the devs run over a Sony exec's dog? They brough back Demon's Souls and the original didn't even sell a million units.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I have a feeling that there's either a rights issue, or that Sony is keeping this as an Ace card to do something "BIG" when needed.

With all the bone-headed decisions they've been taking lately, I like to think we might get something Bloodborne-related in the short term.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Or it could be Sony just sucks.

They've been the prideful failson of the gaming industry for years, staying relevant despite just decades of fucking up. How much money did they leave on the table by steadfastly refusing to not port their exclusives?

And even now they're not very good at it.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I dunno, not porting exclusives is the only way to get me to buy a console. It works for nintendo, sony just doesn't have as many exclusives these days because all the third parties release on PC too unless sony pays for the whole project.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    I dunno, not porting exclusives is the only way to get me to buy a console. It works for nintendo, sony just doesn't have as many exclusives these days because all the third parties release on PC too unless sony pays for the whole project.

Sony isn't Nintendo, as much as Sony would like to be. The best-selling game on the PS4 would've been the 9th best-selling game on the Switch. The best-selling game on the PS5 would've been the 38th on the Switch. Mario Kart 8 has sold like 60 million copies. Nintendo is just unfathomably huge.

Nothing in Sony's arsenal is quite as essential as a Mario or Zelda game. Some of their stuff is the cream of the crop for the genre, but it's telling the biggest name on the PS5 is a cross-plat experience that didn't even sell the best on the Playstation (Elden Ring).

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I have a feeling that there's either a rights issue, or that Sony is keeping this as an Ace card to do something "BIG" when needed.

With all the bone-headed decisions they've been taking lately, I like to think we might get something Bloodborne-related in the short term.

There's apparently a Bloodborne movie leak with a historically unimpressive writer attached that supposedly warrants more credulity than most (all?) port rumors, which is kind of hilarious.

• Options
    edited November 2023

Sony isn't Nintendo, as much as Sony would like to be. The best-selling game on the PS4 would've been the 9th best-selling game on the Switch. The best-selling game on the PS5 would've been the 38th on the Switch. Mario Kart 8 has sold like 60 million copies. Nintendo is just unfathomably huge.

Nothing in Sony's arsenal is quite as essential as a Mario or Zelda game. Some of their stuff is the cream of the crop for the genre, but it's telling the biggest name on the PS5 is a cross-plat experience that didn't even sell the best on the Playstation (Elden Ring).

It's interesting to me that Nintendo is probably the most successful at selling on exclusives, since they also have only consoles of each generation that aren't that exclusive, if you have a good PC.

edit: Maybe because their consoles tend to also add something beyond being an alternative box.

Kamar on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    sony hasn't gone anywhere near any of their japanese legacy titles aside from demon's souls which i suspect only snuck through by being already far enough in development and western-developed. i don't think they care about any of it, bloodborne included.

most everything else has been megafranchise games and service games for a few years now.

i'd say they were entirely risk averse, but they did pick up the returnal devs despite it only selling like a half million, so who knows. but i genuinely don't expect to see any of those japanese games again until there's a sea change in the company (hopefully after jim ryan leaves)

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »

There's apparently a Bloodborne movie leak with a historically unimpressive writer attached that supposedly warrants more credulity than most (all?) port rumors, which is kind of hilarious.

Oh God no. I can already see the horrible trailer in my mind. What awful pop song is going to be blaring in the background throughout?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote: »
    Kamar wrote: »

Oh God no. I can already see the horrible trailer in my mind. What awful pop song is going to be blaring in the background throughout?

Sad slow cover of The Monster Mash

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    So who wants to see some Shadow of the Erdtree tomorrow?

Hasn't been confirmed but hot damn, Fromsoft. Almost 2 years since Elden Ring came out!

• Options

Hasn't been confirmed but hot damn, Fromsoft. Almost 2 years since Elden Ring came out!

No, that can't be true...

...shit, I need to engage in more unique experiences, this year got compressed hard for me.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I doubt it, highly doubt it even... but it would be cool! Also fucking Bloodborne anything please Sony why do you torture us

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

Suggests to me it's going to be a substantial content DLC.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    I doubt it, highly doubt it even... but it would be cool! Also fucking Bloodborne anything please Sony why do you torture us

I feel like it's possible! Geoff has states they didn't have a whole lot of games to tease for the run-up because the amount of new announcements this year is huge. Some streamers have said their inside sources are giving the wink-wink-nudge-nudge treatment without giving anything away.
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Suggests to me it's going to be a substantial content DLC.

It seems that way. I'm hoping we see some substantial expansions in the less-used spells and incantation types. I feel we'll almost certainly get to +15 Flasks with 20 charges, and maybe we'll get +50 normal weapons +20 somber weapons?

Either way, between this and MH6 I'm gonna end up OD'ing on hopium and copium.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    So uh, where can we expect to get news on the DLC now?

This discussion has been closed.