Options

[Overwatch] #13 - Hammond: 2cute2furry-ous

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

I got the AA pass when it was cheaper right at the start- What do I have to do to get that emote?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I just don’t like exclusive content like that in general

They should give it to Twitch people for free but also make it available in-game, even if it’s very expensive

I’m not dropping $30 on an emote because I’m not interested in anything else in that package

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Had a MH game last night attacking on King's Row as Zarya where my average energy was 71%. It was like my bubbles were bullet magnets and I saw 100% energy so many times it wasn't even funny.

I don't think the cart really stopped once.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Made it back to plat woooo!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I haven't paid a cent for OW since I bought the main game...admittedly on PS4 and on PC. But I definitely won't be changing that stance for a $30 thing.

Thanks to all of you rich and/or keen folk who buy loot boxes! I appreciate that your money justifies Blizz making new heroes and maps and stuff for me to play with!

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1bDQ44CkFc

This usually gets me one kill, or at least a half an Ult charge. Hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCNtUzyFMQ

Pretty sure they never thought the windows would be used for this. I was very happy this worked. Ran over and held the other two on the bridge, got us the point.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    At the moment, my favorite thing is people locking Doomfist and then bitching about how OP Symmetra is.

You mean the character that is especially good at suddenly slapping a bunch of area denial down on important spots is going to be really good against a character who just jumps in on everything? Who would have ever thought that would be a poor matchup! Well, aside from everybody ever.

Though I do think her secondary fire and ult charge speed are going to get tuned down. The charge shot is just too strong and too fast; two-shotting squishies is easy, and it's fast enough and big enough that it's decent at swatting down Pharah's. And her ult may not kill people, but it sure can disrupt the enemy and it can recharge in a hurry unless the enemy team is really good about swatting turrets down.

• Options
    The more I play around with her, the worse the beam is. There's basically no reason to ever click unless there's a shield, and you're also behind a shield. All the teleporter shenanigans are great, though.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Totally agree on Sym alt-fire. A fast-moving projectile that does the damage of a Hanzo bodyshot, the size of a Torbjorn?

It just feels like... a bit much.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So just spam bubbles, then?

• Options
    I usually do a big one, spam a few small ones, big one, repeat. If Bastion is sitting still you can melt him surprisingly fast, from across the map.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I usually do a big one, spam a few small ones, big one, repeat. If Bastion is sitting still you can melt him surprisingly fast, from across the map.

It's much much more reliable damage at any range over the beam, even point-blank. Why bother with trying to hold a beam on somebody right in your face if a charged shot will probably hit and deal a ton of damage? And bubble spray is great for suppressing fire.
    Reynolds wrote: »
    The more I play around with her, the worse the beam is. There's basically no reason to ever click unless there's a shield, and you're also behind a shield. All the teleporter shenanigans are great, though.

Yeah, no point at all to using the beam save for charging it up against a shield. It's a good sidegrade, though; actually makes shield a liability against her, but no more magic lock-on death beam when it charges up since you actually have to aim it.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

IT JUST KEEPS GOING

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

okay they were all clip-worthy but that last one was BEAUTIFUL

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Get stuck with another damn rookie on defense, who naturally picks Doomfist. We get rolled on defense.

On attack, I grab Doomfist first to force him off. He grabs Hog and I switch to Sym as soon as he walks out the gate; we roll the enemy team even harder than they rolled use.

Third and fourth rounds, the other guy playing DPS, who was doing fine, switches to fucking Sombra for absolutely no damn reason. Almost rolled on the defense replay, stonewalled on the attack because he's trying to shove Sombra through Torb AND Symmetra.

What the fuck is wrong with people? Why would you switch away from what we destroyed the enemy with when they aren't changing anything, and then do it twice in a row?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I'm Dakkadakka #1890, can anyone check my Overbuff profile to see if I have any paths to gittin' gud?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Had some crazy awesome games tonight. Came out on King's Row attack and a Bastion/Rein/Mercy/Sym crew is keeping my team at the choke. I flank, distract their DPS and when the time is right I smash that Bastion off the point. We've got it to 2/3rds and Bastion comes back down main street, ulting. This draws the team to the choke as the Rein, Reaper and Mercy backdoor us, hammer down and wreck us. I survive, build ult and blow 'em off the point again.

Every time the next teamfight is on, I start it by taking out Bastion until we hit the final leg, and they go Mei. After a few attempts, we take it home and PotG is a killing blow on Mei, a pulse bomb stuck to an ulting Moira which also takes out Sym, and my team finish off Rein for a triple kill.

Lllovely.

• Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    I'm Dakkadakka #1890, can anyone check my Overbuff profile to see if I have any paths to gittin' gud?

Earlier tonight, my brother doesn't join up when I send him an invite, so I end up going in to a Junkertown defense solo. He joins up just after the match starts, is spectating, and begins givin' me a hard time over voice about how often I disengage a target and run for health packs. Like he can't believe I won't die to get an elim. I'll go in, lay down some damage, get a pick or not, and bail out when it gets dicey.

This is driving him absolutely crazy, but I'm harassing the enemy's backline the entire time, making two or three chase me at once, getting the odd pick and ensuring my team is only facing a trickle of reinforcements on the cart. I just stay alive and keep running for health packs, and snap at my brother that this is getting value for my team and "have you noticed that the cart hasn't moved as I've racked up a 10 killstreak? Asshole?" Point being:

Most of your stats are good, but your deaths are too high. The way to get better at surviving is trying to be really conscious of keeping yourself safe, and (for me, at least) noticing why you die when you do, and diagnosing how you could've avoided it. On Sombra and Tracer, sometimes you're just gonna' eat a headshot meant for someone else and bite it, but even that can be generally-avoided by knowing where the fire is coming from and not getting in its way.

There were a couple weeks when I just focused on getting out alive, no matter the outcome, and now I just kinda' do it naturally. I'll end up with a 15 killstreak, even if we're losing on a payload map, because when the teamfight goes south the best thing to do isn't to die with your team - it's to be alive and ready to pounce when they re-engage.

I think your Sombra, Reaper, Tracer and Mei stats are really good in terms of elims and getting value from your ults - you're just dyin' too much.

Rollsafe.jpg

• Options
    Chance wrote: »

Earlier tonight, my brother doesn't join up when I send him an invite, so I end up going in to a Junkertown defense solo. He joins up just after the match starts, is spectating, and begins givin' me a hard time over voice about how often I disengage a target and run for health packs. Like he can't believe I won't die to get an elim. I'll go in, lay down some damage, get a pick or not, and bail out when it gets dicey.

This is driving him absolutely crazy, but I'm harassing the enemy's backline the entire time, making two or three chase me at once, getting the odd pick and ensuring my team is only facing a trickle of reinforcements on the cart. I just stay alive and keep running for health packs, and snap at my brother that this is getting value for my team and "have you noticed that the cart hasn't moved as I've racked up a 10 killstreak? Asshole?" Point being:

Most of your stats are good, but your deaths are too high. The way to get better at surviving is trying to be really conscious of keeping yourself safe, and (for me, at least) noticing why you die when you do, and diagnosing how you could've avoided it. On Sombra and Tracer, sometimes you're just gonna' eat a headshot meant for someone else and bite it, but even that can be generally-avoided by knowing where the fire is coming from and not getting in its way.

There were a couple weeks when I just focused on getting out alive, no matter the outcome, and now I just kinda' do it naturally. I'll end up with a 15 killstreak, even if we're losing on a payload map, because when the teamfight goes south the best thing to do isn't to die with your team - it's to be alive and ready to pounce when they re-engage.

I think your Sombra, Reaper, Tracer and Mei stats are really good in terms of elims and getting value from your ults - you're just dyin' too much.

Rollsafe.jpg

Makes sense. A lot of my assassination attempts end with the two supports joined at the hip and me dead. I'm also a Shot Caller, so I'm trying to tell the team when the supports are distracted and separated, if not dead.

• Options

Rollsafe.jpg

Makes sense. A lot of my assassination attempts end with the two supports joined at the hip and me dead. I'm also a Shot Caller, so I'm trying to tell the team when the supports are distracted and separated, if not dead.

When the Zen orbs the Ana or Mercy, or the Mercy flies in to boost Zen on an attempt, it becomes really hard to get that first pick. On Tracer you can one-clip them even with the healing factor if you're landing solid headshots (even Vs. a Mercy's beam or Ana's shot), but that's pretty darn hard to do.

So two things I'd suggest:
    -call your shot before you make it. "Going for Zen" works for me - it lets my team know that DPS is about to come down on that hero, and all it takes is a Pharah rocket or a monkey landing on him the moment I do to make it a guaranteed pick. (Not guaranteed: participation from teammates. My brother on D.Va is pretty excellent, nowadays, about following up on calls like this.)
    -the moment the gank begins to feel dicey - the Zen's already landed a hit or two on you as his Mercy flies in to gold beam him - GTFO.

I do a lot of shot calling too, but I wonder how much of mine is junk info. "Soldier half. Hog no huff." Sometimes I worry that I'm just narrating what I'm doing.

"Going for Zen. Zen one. Zen dead. Going for Rein. Rein dead. Bailing out for health."

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I swear I had my first cheater on Xbox the other day. I know hacks exist for console but haven’t seen them but as someone who made it a mission to master the character, this person was waaaaay too good for a console McCree.

It wasn’t being a cheapo keyboard player on console but how the killcam showed him sitting back and repeatedly getting headshots (only not getting them when another teammate moved in front of the character) and also some weird actions like not reloading when you normally should between fights as if to keep a bot aiming for someone. Plus it seemed like a smurf account too (only something like level 125). Just didn’t sit right with me

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I swear I had my first cheater on Xbox the other day. I know hacks exist for console but haven’t seen them but as someone who made it a mission to master the character, this person was waaaaay too good for a console McCree.

It wasn’t being a cheapo keyboard player on console but how the killcam showed him sitting back and repeatedly getting headshots (only not getting them when another teammate moved in front of the character) and also some weird actions like not reloading when you normally should between fights as if to keep a bot aiming for someone. Plus it seemed like a smurf account too (only something like level 125). Just didn’t sit right with me

I had one of these the other night. This Hanzo just couldn't miss a headshot. Like he's not using sonic, but I come around a corner and get one-shot. He's scoring double-kill headshots with his Storm Arrows - it's ridiculous. He doesn't miss. He's in a six-stack, but so am I (my first ever with the LFG system), and we just call out his position every teamfight, focus him, and win the game.

He sends me a hate message:

"When your PLAT and team up with silver to look good. The worst part is you getting REKT'd by a silver hanzo."

So I didn't respond, of course. I didn't say "spelling REKT like that is like saying "wrecked-ed," I don't say "I play with my brother, who happens to be in silver, and I guess I hadn't considered whether or not that made me look good - it's not really a factor." I don't say "we beat your team because our team called out and communicated, and helped each other - and given the level of grace you're displaying here, I suspect that was a significant advantage." I also didn't say "yeah you rekt me so hard you forgot to win the game."

But what I wanted to say was "you're either the best shot I've ever seen, or a cheater. And I don't think you're a very good shot."

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

I had one of these the other night. This Hanzo just couldn't miss a headshot. Like he's not using sonic, but I come around a corner and get one-shot. He's scoring double-kill headshots with his Storm Arrows - it's ridiculous. He doesn't miss. He's in a six-stack, but so am I (my first ever with the LFG system), and we just call out his position every teamfight, focus him, and win the game.

He sends me a hate message:

"When your PLAT and team up with silver to look good. The worst part is you getting REKT'd by a silver hanzo."

So I didn't respond, of course. I didn't say "spelling REKT like that is like saying "wrecked-ed," I don't say "I play with my brother, who happens to be in silver, and I guess I hadn't considered whether or not that made me look good - it's not really a factor." I don't say "we beat your team because our team called out and communicated, and helped each other - and given the level of grace you're displaying here, I suspect that was a significant advantage." I also didn't say "yeah you rekt me so hard you forgot to win the game."

But what I wanted to say was "you're either the best shot I've ever seen, or a cheater. And I don't think you're a very good shot."

Looks like someone who would try to justify cheating by saying they were only doing it to shit on high SR people playing with lower SR people. Maybe they wouldn't say that out loud, but they definitely think it really loudly.

• Options
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I still can't actually believe this is happening

It's a little surreal

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Had some more great matches again tonight. 2 and 2, I think. Went Mercy on Route 66 defense, quickly switched to Tracer which slowed it down, but we lost.

Went Tracer on Hanamura attack and ended up getting into a lot of duels with this very scary Soldier who just consistently landed shots on me, and was really good a predicting where I was gonna' come from next. Our rivalry culminates when he rolls out of spawn on point B defense, pops his ult and I run right up to him, tank his ult damage, and zzzip his dome with headshots. We win.

I send him a GG, tell him he was a scary soldier and c'mon, that ult shutdown was gorrrgeous. He sends a friend request, and we square off again on defense (they win - it was really weird, either we C9'd B or it bugged out, 'cause my brother insisted he was on point.) Then it's Nepal, Soldier comes out as Pharah on the first point but quickly switches back, and we fight each other tooth and nail. I use his tunnel vision to keep him and his pocket Ana away from the teamfight, buzzing them, blinking behind a corner, doing showy maneuvers and breaking LoS to hide around a corner just long enough for a blink charge to get me to the next health pack. I try to duel the Ana, once, and she outmaneuvers me and fights me off.

"Yo how many booster do u have" Soldier writes. Is this a tween slang thing? Is Soldier accusing me of having a boosted account?

"You mean blinks?" I explain how blinks work.

"Ok"

Still. Awesome games. This weirdo made every fight a gloves-off bloody brawl. Wicked rocket accuracy too >.<

edit: we won, Soldier got PotG for killin' me lol : D

Chance on
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Nothing I like more than being a Mercy that gets told by a charge-happy Rein to heal more and then tells the other team to report me for throwing.

Granted my response was less that courteous but that may be because i ended up with the card at the end of the match for doing 10k+ and 30% of the team's health.

Perhaps before yelling at your healers and telling people to report maybe look to see if there's an Ana on the enemy team and see if there's a correlation.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A lot of people can go years in Overwatch without knowing what it means to be discorded lol

When something like it comes up I can't help but assume they're fucking with me, at first.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well they fixed it so you cannot fly around the sides of the buildings anymore to get behind or to flank the enemy team so when Hammond comes they are going to be sad

In other news I did 4v4 today yay! and was on a roll!
    https://youtu.be/6Gfw6F42sHk
    https://youtu.be/qWvQn80-DhQ
    https://youtu.be/L_7Olyt-51c

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I'm so excited about Hammond that even while he's not here I've recommitted to maining tanks like I used to, just because I know that in a few weeks' time that one ineffable, inexplicable hole in my tank roster - and my heart - will be filled. A hamster-shaped hole.

It's crazy the contact excitement that new heroes brings...and properly expanding the tank/healer roster too.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    ak2qmba99fzi.jpg

Yeah, I should stop while I'm ahead.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well they fixed it so you cannot fly around the sides of the buildings anymore to get behind or to flank the enemy team so when Hammond comes they are going to be sad

In other news I did 4v4 today yay! and was on a roll!
    https://youtu.be/6Gfw6F42sHk
    https://youtu.be/qWvQn80-DhQ
    https://youtu.be/L_7Olyt-51c

What did they "fix" exactly? What buildings?

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Y'know, the coolest part about NuSymm is that I no longer have a sinking feeling on 2CP/Payload/Hybrid whenever we absolutely crush on Defence first round.

Win or lose, OldSymm felt like a punishment for doing well if you were the first team on def.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Nothing I like more than being a Mercy that gets told by a charge-happy Rein to heal more and then tells the other team to report me for throwing.

Granted my response was less that courteous but that may be because i ended up with the card at the end of the match for doing 10k+ and 30% of the team's health.

Perhaps before yelling at your healers and telling people to report maybe look to see if there's an Ana on the enemy team and see if there's a correlation.

As someone who heals alot I make pretty clear to people i don't feel a duty to die for them.

• Options
    Think I found my winning strategy for comp: autolock Hanzo.

I don't keep Hanzo, I just take him immediately and then pick a character that fits the comp right after everyone walks out the door. So far, it's done wonders in keeping autolock Hanzos from uselessly spamming arrows every round no matter the enemy comp; nobody seems interested in switching to him even after he becomes available, so taking him off the menu at the start seems to forcing a considerable improvement to team composition.

I don't have anything personal against Hanzo, I'm just sick to death of people playing him no matter what instead of picking characters with better tools for the current situation. He does perfectly well when handled by people who know what they're doing, just not with people who just stand back doing nothing while waiting for everyone else to set him up for a PotG.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I almost reached Bronze yesterday, even taking breaks between tilts. Solo queue DPS carrying pulled me back out, with lots of Shot Caller endorsements along the way. Maybe I'll try some more of that, because when I chew people out, I get results. I am always meticulous on correcting behaviors; "you are an idiot" helps no one:

"Solider, you did it again, what did we discuss: YOU ARE NOT A FLANKER, GET BEHIND REIN AND STAY THERE FOREVER"*

SHOT CALLER
    SHOT CALLER
    SHOT CALLER
    GOOD TEAMATE
    SHOT CALLER

* Low SP Soldiers can't harass.

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Think I found my winning strategy for comp: autolock Hanzo.

I don't keep Hanzo, I just take him immediately and then pick a character that fits the comp right after everyone walks out the door. So far, it's done wonders in keeping autolock Hanzos from uselessly spamming arrows every round no matter the enemy comp; nobody seems interested in switching to him even after he becomes available, so taking him off the menu at the start seems to forcing a considerable improvement to team composition.

I don't have anything personal against Hanzo, I'm just sick to death of people playing him no matter what instead of picking characters with better tools for the current situation. He does perfectly well when handled by people who know what they're doing, just not with people who just stand back doing nothing while waiting for everyone else to set him up for a PotG.

This makes a lot of sense. Hanzo is in the space old Tracer was: picked by people who are convinced 'the meta' matters at all ranks regardless of skill level or familiarity with the hero. They don't necessarily want to pick the hero but they feel they somehow must. Take that choice away from them and the match proceeds without Hanzo.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I almost reached Bronze yesterday, even taking breaks between tilts. Solo queue DPS carrying pulled me back out, with lots of Shot Caller endorsements along the way. Maybe I'll try some more of that, because when I chew people out, I get results. I am always meticulous on correcting behaviors; "you are an idiot" helps no one:

"Solider, you did it again, what did we discuss: YOU ARE NOT A FLANKER, GET BEHIND REIN AND STAY THERE FOREVER"*

SHOT CALLER
    SHOT CALLER
    SHOT CALLER
    GOOD TEAMATE
    SHOT CALLER

* Low SP Soldiers can't harass.

All characters are flankers if they turn 90 degrees and shimmy appropriately.

steam_sig.png