Options

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    fffffffffffffffffffff

The nests will swap in another couple weeks, so there's hope.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The thread keeps delivering good eggs to me with a santa hat pichu!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Did I miss an announcement about getting incubators in daily spins? Because it’s very nice regardless.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Did I miss an announcement about getting incubators in daily spins? Because it’s very nice regardless.

Yeah, it's part of the holiday event going on through January 2.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I seem to recall the same thing from a few years back, giving a free single-use incubator each day around Christmas. It's probably an annual deal but I missed it last year due to inactivity.

Again thanks to all friends here that have ensured I always have way too many pokeballs, revives and potions on stock. It's made stock control so much easier, not having to rely on stops and gyms to keep topped up.

The other problem is running out of storage constantly!

Edit: Ummm, anybody got ideas for similar AR games using GPS and, basically everything Ingress and Poke Go have? Niantic apparently wants your ideas..

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/12/pokemon-go-creators-launch-ar-game-contest-that-nearly-resembles-american-idol/

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Ugg, why 5k? Those are literally all garbage pokemon. Also please remove Trapinch from 10k eggs k thnx

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Alright! Catch 10 ice pokemon for a kabuto!

Oh .... ice pokemon stopped spawning ....

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Ugg, why 5k? Those are literally all garbage pokemon. Also please remove Trapinch from 10k eggs k thnx

I agree, but also I got 60 metagross candy today from a single egg so I can't be mad.

Grobian on
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Oh, great. I used up all of my incubators walking around after Christmas.

Did a Deoxys-A raid today. It went down in less than 30 seconds and it just barely took out my first Tyranitar. I don't think I could have Solo'd it like some people have said is possible but it is certainly the easiest EX raid thus far.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    We have a local telegram channel where a bot posts the raids and you can click the raid time you want to attend.

Yesterday another regular messaged me because we were the only two for a heatran raid and asked if I wanted to try anyway. I don't have the best ground mon but we had cloudy weather (fighting boost) and I'm hyper friends with the guy so I agreed.

We then one-shot the boss with 30 seconds spare. Afterwards we tried another one and failed (fireblast was stronger than whatever the first one had), but we tried again after fine tuning the teams a bit more (spending some TMs) and got it with like 4 seconds on the clock.

One of the greater accomplishments I had in this game, it was fun.

And on the way back he messaged me again because he had randomly caught a ditto and remembered I had complained about carrying a quest for a few days.

• Options
    finally got my cubone!

now on to the next step!

.... god damn it

• Options
    finally got my cubone!

now on to the next step!

.... god damn it

Field research to the rescue! Winning a level 3 or higher raid gets on an Omanyte, 10 Ice-types gets you a Kabuto (don't forget nests exist), 7 flying, psychic or dark gets you an Anorith, making three great throws gets you an Anorith or Lileep (or Gastley), and win five raids gets you an Aerodactyl.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    finally got my cubone!

now on to the next step!

.... god damn it

Field research to the rescue! Winning a level 3 or higher raid gets on an Omanyte, 10 Ice-types gets you a Kabuto (don't forget nests exist), 7 flying, psychic or dark gets you an Anorith, making three great throws gets you an Anorith or Lileep (or Gastley), and win five raids gets you an Aerodactyl.

I had an aerodactyl saved

I have seen none of those other ones yet

• Options
    finally got my cubone!

now on to the next step!

.... god damn it

You'll have to catch an Aerodactyl for it to count for the quest. (Omanyte/Kabuto and Lileep/Anorith require catching two in each set.)

Keep an eye out -- I've seen all of those quests a few times each already, and I spin maybe two dozen stops per day. You'll get that Meltan yet! …and then you can complain it takes 400 candies for him to evolve. :P

• Options
    finally got my cubone!

now on to the next step!

.... god damn it

You'll have to catch an Aerodactyl for it to count for the quest. (Omanyte/Kabuto and Lileep/Anorith require catching two in each set.)

Keep an eye out -- I've seen all of those quests a few times each already, and I spin maybe two dozen stops per day. You'll get that Meltan yet! …and then you can complain it takes 400 candies for him to evolve. :P

I've caught the aerodactyl I mean. I had a quest saved from last time.

.... 400 candies?!

akljdfgh;kldjfgdha

• Options
    edited January 2019
    finally got my cubone!

now on to the next step!

.... god damn it

.... 400 candies?!

akljdfgh;kldjfgdha

If you have let's go it's not very hard to get this. You get about 90 candies per week or something, not counting any transfer candies (~15 spawns per box * 3 candies per spawn * 2 for pinapp).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    finally got my cubone!

now on to the next step!

.... god damn it

.... 400 candies?!

akljdfgh;kldjfgdha

If you have let's go it's not very hard to get this. You get about 90 candies per week or something, not counting any transfer candies (~15 spawns per box * 3 candies per spawn * 2 for pinapp).

I refuse to purchase it because joycons hurt my hands =(

I was looking forward to it

• Options
    edited January 2019
    finally got my cubone!

now on to the next step!

.... god damn it

.... 400 candies?!

akljdfgh;kldjfgdha

I still hope they patch in normal controls but I'm not optimistic :/ The controls for that game are in fact ass tho (unless you are playing it handheld in which case they are perfectly fine... god forbid these controls be available in docked mode...)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    I finally found a Cubone too! It was a quest reward, but I can't remember what for... I had two saved Aerodactyls, so that bit was easy. I work in a water biome, so all I need is a partly cloudy day so that the Kabutos and Omanytes start spawning. I did the 7 dark/psychic/flying quest last week and forgot to save the Anorith, which is a bit annoying. But yay, one step closer!

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    pezgen wrote: »
    I finally found a Cubone too! It was a quest reward, but I can't remember what for... I had two saved Aerodactyls, so that bit was easy. I work in a water biome, so all I need is a partly cloudy day so that the Kabutos and Omanytes start spawning. I did the 7 dark/psychic/flying quest last week and forgot to save the Anorith, which is a bit annoying. But yay, one step closer!

Omanytes can be found in the quest reward "win a level 3 or higher raid".

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    pezgen wrote: »

Omanytes can be found in the quest reward "win a level 3 or higher raid".

I don't really get chance to raid very often, but if that pops up I might try.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Look at what I just stumbled upon this morning...

amlumxo9q9ad.jpg

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    95e8ga0scsav.jpeg

That reminds me, I hatched this the other day.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    As long as we're posting cool finds, I recently caught a perfect, high-CP Roselia!

...30 minutes after I used a Sinnoh Stone to evolve my first non-perfect Roserade.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    I hatched another shiny wynaut

so I have something to trade for something I actually want

still sad I couldn't find a shiny Snorunt. I guess I have 400+ snorunt candies to cry into

• Options
    infernalsummerinfernalsummer Registered User regular
    Can two people friend my mom for a quest.

4491 2786 6946

pjwqw9q8abrb.jpeg

• Options
    infernalsummerinfernalsummer Registered User regular
    finally got my cubone!

now on to the next step!

.... god damn it

.... 400 candies?!

akljdfgh;kldjfgdha

I’m primarily using a Pokéball Plus with mine because throwing the pokeballs to catch with the joycons is iffy at best. Not sure if that’s much better though for that purpose, it’s still pretty small

• Options
    Can two people friend my mom for a quest.

4491 2786 6946

pjwqw9q8abrb.jpeg

Yep!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Why not capture a picture of the QR code?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
  • Options
    I've been playing since literally the second day that Go was out and haven't yet seen a shiny! That I know of :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Huh! That's kind of cool. Maybe a sign we'll get more timed, non-community day events?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I’m still miffed that they think 3 hours is fine, but that’s more that my sleep schedule is such I either have to push it forward or miss these events.

I’ll probably try the former, because I really want to, but it’s a pain

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I just got my Melotic (sp?) a few days ago after a LOT of walking =/

guess I could go for a shiny one too

• Options
    So, just as a reminder I guess, am I recalling correctly that trades don’t count towards Research Capture targets?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    yep, they count for badges (e.g. catch 200 dragon types) but not for research rewards (e.g. catch 10 ice types for pokemon reward)

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Cool, cool.

So I’m much more likely to just catch a Meltan in the wild before I find all of the rare Pokémon for that step of the quest.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Cool, cool.

So I’m much more likely to just catch a Meltan in the wild before I find all of the rare Pokémon for that step of the quest.

Most (all?) of them are available in field research tasks currently.
    lahhwvjojw5h.jpg

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I just got back into this after doing the buggy grind race when it first came out. I swore i wouldn’t mess with it again but my sister needed another friend and installed it on my phone when I wasn’t looking. And well, since it’s already there...

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Got three shiny 'diles! And mild to moderate leg pain, but it's worth it!