Options

The Many [Love]s of Hocthuseles.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    he's my little fur baby and allergies won't stop me from rubbing him against my face if I wanna.

Uriel on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The ice age had the coolest fuckin animals megafauna for the win man

I want a Jurassic Park but with Pliestocene animals. Wanna see a big ass sloth just chillin. Mammoths all hanging out getting stuck in tar. Weird camels n shit.

But you get the HELL Pig!
    qg17lim1adl2.png

Or the apex predator of South America
    The Phorusrhacidae!
    2ia0u4e0fd04.png
    It's what ate the giant sloth and other mammals

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    if you tryna eat giant sloth you are disinvited

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    This is my official first week at my new residence, but I have been here for three weeks all together.

I moved out of a cookie-cutter townhouse community in a suburb and now reside in a rambler within a round-about in nature. I'm in the woods, and within a quick walk to a lake.

Just some observations:

-- The house itself is from the 70's and you can really tell because it's funky as all hell.

-- There are bears around these parts???

-- My roommates & I agreed that we wanted to build an outdoor area for our dog. Well, one of my roommates' dads came over to build it while we finished up moving. What I came back to is a prison built for that little pooch.

-- There are a lot of asshole dogs in the neighborhood. The only one left off its leash is a pit-bull, but he's a good boy and actually afraid of my 13 year-old wiener dog. But the other dogs... One of them is controlled by a shock-collar and every time I go for a run he just gives me murder-eyes.

-- There is a shed in the back that my buddy and I are going to rework into a gym themed after Captain America.

-- A pack of children said hi to me before screaming and running away. During this one of them played an instrument akin to panpipes and when I turned around they were all gone.

So, things are going pretty well.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh man, I’m on board the Rival Sons train now too

Thanks @Juggernut these guys rule

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    My current dating life is pretty interesting, and at the very least a nice palate cleanser from my situation at the end of last year

Been going on weekly dates for a month now with the same person, and in spite of a lack of any real rush to physicality nor absolute commitment, it's been nice to just have a steady slow-burning romantic companionship after years of the sort of whirlwind romance that I'm now pretty burnt out on.

Just about building respect, communication, and trust right now, plus acknowledging boundaries. I'm really enjoying it.

• Options
    It doesn't really help people try to talk to me as my larp character not knowing it's just a façade that I put up because I am basically burnt out and despondent.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Today has really gone in the shitter.

If I could put a hashtag on this day it would be #whydoibother

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    That's everyday for me

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    EDIT: Nearly an hour later, he's home and fine. Just like I figured.

Goose! on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    It's that Always On cultural anxiety, bro. The best is real, and its name is Smart Phones.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Oh man, I’m on board the Rival Sons train now too

Thanks @Juggernut these guys rule

This brings me so much joy.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    This is my official first week at my new residence, but I have been here for three weeks all together.

I moved out of a cookie-cutter townhouse community in a suburb and now reside in a rambler within a round-about in nature. I'm in the woods, and within a quick walk to a lake.

Just some observations:

-- The house itself is from the 70's and you can really tell because it's funky as all hell.

-- There are bears around these parts???

-- My roommates & I agreed that we wanted to build an outdoor area for our dog. Well, one of my roommates' dads came over to build it while we finished up moving. What I came back to is a prison built for that little pooch.

-- There are a lot of asshole dogs in the neighborhood. The only one left off its leash is a pit-bull, but he's a good boy and actually afraid of my 13 year-old wiener dog. But the other dogs... One of them is controlled by a shock-collar and every time I go for a run he just gives me murder-eyes.

-- There is a shed in the back that my buddy and I are going to rework into a gym themed after Captain America.

-- A pack of children said hi to me before screaming and running away. During this one of them played an instrument akin to panpipes and when I turned around they were all gone.

So, things are going pretty well.

I would give people the murder-eyes if someone continued to tase me.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've debated putting a hand-shake buzzer on Uschi's butt to stop him sitting down every three minutes on a walk, but he'd probably just invent new ways to sit.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I've debated putting a hand-shake buzzer on Uschi's butt to stop him sitting down every three minutes on a walk, but he'd probably just invent new ways to sit.

Well my brother's dog will just fall over and be dragged as he hates being walked

• Options

Uschi? That's the most german abbreviation of Ursula. It's something else though, right?

• Options
    edited May 2018
    honovere wrote: »

Uschi? That's the most german abbreviation of Ursula. It's something else though, right?

Nope, he's named after a maid my mother and I once knew in the Austrian alps. (My mother wanted a girl dog and refused to budge on the name).

But for people who get worried about dog genders, Ushi without a c is japanese for cow and he answers to that very happily.

edit:
    Brainleech wrote: »

Well my brother's dog will just fall over and be dragged as he hates being walked

Annoyingly hard to drag a 45kg berner.

tynic on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Brainleech wrote: »

Annoyingly hard to drag a 45kg berner.

Fireman's carry?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    So my Dad is getting back into dog training as a career, as being in his late 60s is finally starting to discourage him from continuing to work in the trades (and so he wants to phase most of his work out for this)

And this weekend he has his first client

Which is a several-week-old Berner looking for obedience training

So I volunteered to go help

Gotta pet that dog

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    So my Dad is getting back into dog training as a career, as being in his late 60s is finally starting to discourage him from continuing to work in the trades (and so he wants to phase most of his work out for this)

And this weekend he has his first client

Which is a several-week-old Berner looking for obedience training

So I volunteered to go help

Gotta pet that dog

YESSSS!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Has someone made a pet thread yet?

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

no, but now you've brought it up it's your job.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

FINE MUM.

• Options
    I'm at otjiwarongo's only hipster coffee house and they have all you can drink coffee for about $1.80USD and everyone I'm with is drinking milkshakes

Opportunity wasted guys

• Options

FINE MUM.

Are you catcalling?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I had a friend just try and set me up with their friend of a friend.

"Do they have kids? I'm not interested in getting involved with someone who has children."
    "No"

They actually do because they're friends with them on facebook.

Why do people lie about that shit?

After I corner them sometimes they sheepishly admit they were just trying to hook us up because the personalities seem to be good with each other. Yes those people tend to become my friends since we don't actively hate each other. Especially since I'm not looking to be the 4th wheel in this case.

Like I'm just going to be suddenly cool with that lie.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

"Do they have kids? I'm not interested in getting involved with someone who has children."
    "No"

After I corner them sometimes they sheepishly admit they were just trying to hook us up because the personalities seem to be good with each other. Yes those people tend to become my friends since we don't actively hate each other. Especially since I'm not looking to be the 4th wheel in this case.

It's because obviously everyone who says they don't want kids is either lying or deluding themselves and it's only a matter of time until they change their mind, so once you hook up with the woman if you like her you'll realize you're totally cool with her kids and then yay you've conformed to the societal norm!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

"No"

It's because obviously everyone who says they don't want kids is either lying or deluding themselves and it's only a matter of time until they change their mind, so once you hook up with the woman if you like her you'll realize you're totally cool with her kids and then yay you've conformed to the societal norm!

I could see myself being okay if me and an S/O decided together to do it, but it's pretty much my only immediate rule for dating right out of the gate.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to bend that rule the older I get though, which is unfortunate.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

"No"

I could see myself being okay if me and an S/O decided together to do it, but it's pretty much my only immediate rule for dating right out of the gate.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to bend that rule the older I get though, which is unfortunate.

Why?

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »

"No"

Why?

Less and less people will be child free past mid 30s.

It's already drastically reduced my dating pool to essentially nothing.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    It's not unheard of though. Do you live in a very large area? In the small place I'm currently in being over 25, childless, and single is like discovering plutonium, but where I'm moving it's common.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Einzel wrote: »
    It's not unheard of though. Do you live in a very large area? In the small place I'm currently in being over 25, childless, and single is like discovering plutonium, but where I'm moving it's common.

Not super large, I've expanded my area but it's still only showing me people from like 10 miles around me (probably their preference).

I need to get out of here but it's difficult without a support network in place and getting companies to get someone out of state/local area is a difficult sell even if I offer to pay my own relocation. Which is mostly since I'm "upper management" (I'm right below the owner) I want to give them a month's notice so that they aren't fucked.

E: Syracuse NY is "rural" so about 60% of people had kids in their late teens.

bowen on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

It's true, as a 30-year-old childless single woman I am highly radioactive

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

It's true, as a 30-year-old childless single woman I am highly radioactive

Now I've got the spiderman theme song stuck in my head bagel

except instead of "radioactive spider-man" it's "radioactive childless lass"

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    He'll I'm 24 and I actually have a surprisingly difficult time finding people who don't have children where I live.

Small town syndrome I guess. The ones who didn't go to college and then move got married to their highschool sweethearts and had kids right out of the gate.

SC is also #9 of the 10 states in the US with the highest rate of teen pregnancies so I guess that kind of factors into it as well. All that wonderful, Jesus centric abstinence only sex education on display.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I'm bored as hell with no one to really talk to right now.

My brother hasn't been sleeping good so he's in bed. My mom is working as the primaries today down where she lives so I can't talk to her until whenever the polls close.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I just had a student tell me that they presume I drink carrot & spinach smoothies six times a day.

My professional guise is very strong.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I think he just told you you look like you poop a lot.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Maybe he just thinks you look orange.

tynic on
This discussion has been closed.