As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I was hoping for more than 3 CSM sculpts. *sigh*

I only saw three in the previews

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular

Hopefully it's a sign of what's to come

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular

Well, you're actually getting 2. Those regular CSM are two clones with different heads.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

Hopefully it's a sign of what's to come

That's what we thought of the last set and those were super old.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    As with CSM, I had hoped the new orks codex would come with redone kits for Ork Boyz, but it seems that isn't the case.

I plan on running converted bloodbowl and AoS orks in place of vanilla Ork Boyz instead

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    As with CSM, I had hoped the new orks codex would come with redone kits for Ork Boyz, but it seems that isn't the case.

I plan on running converted bloodbowl and AoS orks in place of vanilla Ork Boyz instead

Don't worry though if you need 7 distinct marine lts GW has you covered.

BloodGloryReveals-Nov2-EventExclusiveMarine10tc.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    With a couple boxes’ worth of badguys from Blackstone Fortress you’ve got a renegade guard army. Malefic Lords from the psykers, guardsmen, mutants, and Beastmen. Would be an incredibly expensive way to make an army, but probably about the same as getting the forgeworld stuff.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is it possible for the Sisters of Battle to be Primaris?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »

No. They do not actually have any of the organs that make a marine. They are just bad ass normal ladies in power armor.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Badablack wrote: »
    With a couple boxes’ worth of badguys from Blackstone Fortress you’ve got a renegade guard army. Malefic Lords from the psykers, guardsmen, mutants, and Beastmen. Would be an incredibly expensive way to make an army, but probably about the same as getting the forgeworld stuff.

Well in a month or two when it starts getting parted out i am curious how and how much as i might get more grunts and others . there is still the new csm kit is due with the sisters next year

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They are “ordinary” humans with no implants at all (unless they have bionics but that’s a medical thing, not a supersoldier thing) who just happen to have ultra-elite equipment and training.
    I say ordinary with quotes because battle sisters are selected from the most physically capable of the Adepta Sororitas and train like Olympic athletes so they’re 99th percentile humans but just human; no post-human organ transplants and probably not even very much hormone/steroid treatment either.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Also, you may be cool... but are you flamethrower-chainsaw wielding wearing a spiked halo cool

tt3fejhumzv11.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=26ddf54c3ea68c1961d2bf66ba3593cce5d1983e

Glad to see some Redemptionist influences are still around.

Sort of reminds me of this art (which I wish they'd used as the basis for Sisters of Silence; sort of Sororitas meets Mechanicus meets MIB containment crew):
    9hiispcx7aua.jpg
    I'm having the weirdest dilemma. My depression has gotten worse recently and I have a little extra money so I wanted to buy some 40K stuff to feel better but I'm kind of stuck. I wanted to buy the Primaris HQs for my Deathwatch KT but I don't have conversion pieces and I'm also kind of meh on it. So much stuff I want to get but I don't want to go nuts and spend a ton of money.

I ended up buying a 5 model box of hellblasters to round out my total hellblaster count to 10. I feel so indecisive.

@Stragint I hope I'm not stepping out of line by asking, but are you seeing anyone about it? Buying stuff for a quick pick me up seems like a very dangerous habit to pick up, and really self-medicating depression is a bad idea anyway. Hope you feel better soon, at any rate.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Oh, I was wondering about what kind of stuff could end up happening with that Sisters of Battle beta codex in the chapter approved and thought Primaris Sisters of Battle might be an option, didn't know the Sisters of Battle were not genetically modified.
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I'm having the weirdest dilemma. My depression has gotten worse recently and I have a little extra money so I wanted to buy some 40K stuff to feel better but I'm kind of stuck. I wanted to buy the Primaris HQs for my Deathwatch KT but I don't have conversion pieces and I'm also kind of meh on it. So much stuff I want to get but I don't want to go nuts and spend a ton of money.

I ended up buying a 5 model box of hellblasters to round out my total hellblaster count to 10. I feel so indecisive.

@Stragint I hope I'm not stepping out of line by asking, but are you seeing anyone about it? Buying stuff for a quick pick me up seems like a very dangerous habit to pick up, and really self-medicating depression is a bad idea anyway. Hope you feel better soon, at any rate.

I don't mind you asking at all. I'm not seeing anyone at the moment about it but I have in the past.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Well, if it persists longer than just a short-term bout, make an appointment. Gotta take care of yourself.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The imperial model in Blackstone are all pretty interesting, the ecclesiarchal models are probably my favourites.

On the other side, the psykers are pretty cool and interstingly it looks like they and the CSM come with building options. The traitor guard are good looking, too, and with the addition of the Beastmen I'm looking forward to a possible Lost and Damned revival in the future. The Urghuls look a bit samey and flat compared to most of the other models. The pose is just a bit boring. CSMs are basic grunts. The Lord is a proper Chaos Warband leader, not too over the top, but still a lot of character.

I'm still not over how they fumbled the ranger model. Beside pose there are a bunch of other design choices, I'm not a fan of

You know how over the last few years military print got all popular with pret-a-porter fashion? That is this model. Instead of the practical unadorned cameleoline cloak she's wearing a version that is cut just a bit more revealing, with gold details and a ridiculously long cowl. Instead of kneehigh thick leather spats she's wearing stockings and garters, so thin that every piece of armour under it is clearly showing through (that might be the painter's fault though, Illic has armour on top of his spats). Her "gloves" arent actually gloves.

I hope the in universe explanation ist that the "ranger" is actually some one-percenter rich kid on her rumspringa and she's wandering along by herself because the other rangers got fed up with her glamping trip and "accidentally" forgot her in the Precipice.

Compare Illic to Amalyn:
    600px-Shadowguide.jpg
    443px-Illic_Nightspear.jpg

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    The sneaky suspender peak is pretty blatantly eye roll worthy.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Technically, wouldn't Amalyn's leg things be chaps? The worst thing about the model is the ultra-wide stance. I can't look at that and not think how uncomfortable it would be to stand (and that's a static pose) with my feet that far apart.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Pretty sure the suspender things are actually the 2 curved thigh pieces most eldar armour has.
    Agree that the ranger is generally over designed tho.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Those 3 Chaos space marines are probably going to be boss level encounters.

Ain't no way you're soloing them. Y'all need to be raiding that.

Hopefully we get a Deathwatch kill marine as a new model for the player down the line

• Options
    I'm planning to get rid of some stuff that I'm not going to paint in a million years. Any tips or things I should look out for when selling models over the ebays?

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    That ranger looks like a bad Infinity figure. There, I said it.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The best plastic Rangers will continue to be Wildwood Rangers with Dark Eldar weapons stuck on.

ExoditeRangersBuilt.jpg

• Options
    I dearly love my metal Rangers. Some of my favourite 40k models.

Give me a plastic set of equivalent sculpts , in my dreams even with some squad leader and weapon options and it would be heaven.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    That ranger looks like a bad Infinity figure. There, I said it.

It's an impressive sculpt but pretty darn out-of-synch with every other image of what it's supposed to be.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    That ranger rules IMO

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    I'm planning to get rid of some stuff that I'm not going to paint in a million years. Any tips or things I should look out for when selling models over the ebays?

Whatcha getting rid of?

I've had good luck buying/selling on r/miniswap and on bartertown for what it's worth. Make sure you use paypal.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I’m really excited for the Blackstone Fortress, and I think the ranger looks fine for the game. Maybe y’all are thinking about how it looks against the rest of the Aeldari line and I think you’ve got a point there. But as a representation for a character in a board game I think it shows a lot of personality. Specifically it reminds me of the waywatcher from Vermintide and her haughty demeanor. I can see my friends playing as her and chastising the rest of us lumberfoots and ma

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    First thing I'd do is cut off those dongles from the rifle (suspensors?). I think her silhouette would read a lot clearer without them.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    First thing I'd do is cut off those dongles from the rifle (suspensors?). I think her silhouette would read a lot clearer without them.

I would cut her up to get this kind of look where she is cradling the rifle or sling in on her back like in the opening video

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/11/05/5th-nov-blackstone-fortress-unboxedgw-homepage-post-1/
    Today they have an unboxing preview of the game and I am now curious as it seems everyone came in their own ride and those ships can lend aid?

sqduxunffujz.png

The encounter cards for the enemy gives them behaviour. As well as hero cards if you are playing the game solo! or with another person or such.

nbyqlfjshud4.png
    avit0ixh6yok.png
    There is far more to this game than I thought

I find it odd that as video games got multi player board games became solo plays

• Options

Looking at the group shot pic in the unboxing article that might happen by itself anyway.

• Options

Looking at the group shot pic in the unboxing article that might happen by itself anyway.

jlobkii01h04.png

• Options
    Better sharpen those clippers if you want those dangly bits to come off intact.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

jlobkii01h04.png

BlackstoneBoxContents-Nov5-TeamShotExplorers35yg.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I'm excited for the beastmen 40k rules, and hoping that CSM get some nice Tzaangor equivalents for the rest of us to play with. It'd give me something to finally use the 3 or 4 piecemeal boxes of WFB gors I've amassed over my converting career.

EDIT: Points leaks for the 40k rules 0a583230937544d47dd6e1527ac795b4_115870.jpg

I imagine it'll be just as gimicky as the roguetrader 40k rules, with zero interpretation for how such units would actually function in 40k. Because the points are per unit and not per model, the unit sizes are probably locked until they get proper kit releases (4 beastmen?)

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Well one of the curious things about this game is they say they plan on supporting it for a few years

• Options
    A buddy of mine and I were talking about the new Ork codex and how they always hit on 6's regardless of modifiers. (After modifiers you can be hitting on 7+ cuz you're orks shooting at dodgy eldar for instance but 6's still hit).

He's convinced all armies have that in the shooting phase, but afaik the ability to hit on a 6 regardless of modifiers only applies to overwatch.

Am I right here, or do 6's always hit? (40k, not kill team)

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    6s do not always hit. Natural 1s do always miss, though.

Edit: This does actually matter, since it's entirely possible for stuff like Guard and Tau to be unable to hit Eldar units with -3 to hit.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Plenty of vehicles in their last tier will be unable to hit stuff too. I could see GW making busted units unable to hit things a feature.

Not being able to hurt things was certainly a thing for a decade with armor values.

Badablack on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Certain units not being able to damage other units whatsoever was one of the worst things about 7th edition, I'd be less than thrilled about something similar coming back.

I'm not a waac player by any means, but if my opponent wanted to bring a Dark Eldar list with tons of negative to hit modifier spam I'd just politely decline and look for another game. That just doesn't sound like fun to me.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    My Aggressors and Knight got here today. It is done. The whole 2000 pts is in my possession.

I'll probably build the Aggressors tonight, but I'm waiting for a few things for the Knight. I've got some microset/sol coming for decals. I was able to get almost decent results using just gloss varnish and some cuts in the decal, but I think the solvent is a big deal to really get the decal flat and set in to the surface. I'm also waiting on magnets so I can magnetize his carapace weapons. I'm not a huge magnetizer, but on a $150 dollar model? Yeah.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling