Options

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It looks as much inspired by Jes Goodwin's old robot concepts as the kastellan.
    eca57s3r7kfy.jpg
    There's quite a bit of the Colossus in this.

The visor looks like the crusader.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I'm torn on what colors to paint my Knight. On the one hand House Terryn makes sense because it matches the Ultramarines so closely. On the other hand I could go with another house color scheme to make it "pop" more on the table next to my Smurfs. On the other other hand, I'll probably use him as the basis for an eventual Imperial Knights army, so...maybe choose his color scheme based on what house I want to make that army?

Choices.

You can make your own house and choose a house bonus can't you? Has to follow imperial or mechanicus rules though.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Chaos lord from the Blackstone Fortress box

AN ABSOLUTE UNIT

l0jsh4tvmzv11.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=3b551af32038082a9773c8d05b75f4e2d50bb7a5

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Also, you may be cool... but are you flamethrower-chainsaw wielding wearing a spiked halo cool

tt3fejhumzv11.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=26ddf54c3ea68c1961d2bf66ba3593cce5d1983e

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

AN ABSOLUTE UNIT

l0jsh4tvmzv11.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=3b551af32038082a9773c8d05b75f4e2d50bb7a5

the skull on his back is having such a good time

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Dayspring wrote: »

AN ABSOLUTE UNIT

Skully "Where we going boss?"

Chaos lord "To the skull throne"

Skully *overjoyed* "Squeeeeeeeeeeee"

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Navigator? He’s got the lidless eye all up ins. Funky helmet though.
    nq1377scdegz.jpeg

And corrupted psyker:
    wzkft23siyri.jpeg

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular

It's just happy it's part of the Abbadon topknot renascence.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    The more I look at the ranger the more disappointed I am. She looks like she's posing for a fashion magazine front cover. It's even more emphasized by the oversized way stone.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    The more I look at the ranger the more disappointed I am. She looks like she's posing for a fashion magazine front cover. It's even more emphasized by the oversized way stone.

The oversized way stones is obviously to pander to the male space elf demographic.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    I'm doing deep I need an extra large stone to store my soul?

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Hey, no waystone shaming in this thread please.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Nobz can take two Killsaws now, so you could have a unit that has 40 S10 AP-4 D2 attacks that hit on 4s and explode on 6s.

You'd be paying 370 points for this, but it would look pretty hilarious on the table.

• Options
    Made a stop at my local gaming shop on the way home from work today... As soon as I walked in the owner gave me an Orks codex. Turns out my wife ordered it for me for my birthday

Best. Wife. Ever

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    As a follow up, holy crap this codex is awesome

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Is an Ork army based around slower vehicles and mechs viable?

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    locked, from what i understand take a couple Warpheads , cast the jump...go where ever you want even with slower walker mech like things.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What is a good loadout for Magos Dalathrust, the AdMech named commander. I was thinking running the Eradication Ray and the Phosphor Serpenta.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Is an Ork army based around slower vehicles and mechs viable?

Viable competitively... I dunno

Fun as hell... probably

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I lost to a Deathstrike missile! Let me tell you how!

Necrons versus Imperial Guard with a small bit of Sisters of Battle!

20181103_020330.jpg?width=901&height=676
    20181103_020413.jpg?width=901&height=676

Pictures below....

I fielded a Necron army, 2000 points. The list is here if you're curious. It's kind of meme-y with some serious business units, but I've had Nemesor Zahndrekh and Vargard Obyron for a bit, and I wanted to use them and some Lychguard....no matter how bad of a decision it could've been.
    ++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Necrons) [49 PL, 970pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Sautekh

+ HQ +

Cryptek [5 PL, 95pts]: Artefact: The Veil of Darkness, Chronometron, Staff of Light
    . Warlord: Warlord Trait (Codex 5): Implacable Conqueror

Nemesor Zahndrekh [9 PL, 180pts]

Vargard Obyron [7 PL, 140pts]

+ Troops +

Immortals [4 PL, 85pts]: 5x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

Immortals [4 PL, 85pts]: 5x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

Immortals [4 PL, 85pts]: Gauss Blaster, 5x Immortal

+ Elites +

Lychguard [16 PL, 300pts]: 10x Lychguard, Warscythe

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Necrons) [67 PL, 1030pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Nephrekh

+ HQ +

Cryptek [5 PL, 85pts]: Canoptek Cloak, Staff of Light

Illuminor Szeras [8 PL, 143pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Wraiths [18 PL, 275pts]: 5x Canoptek Wraith

Canoptek Wraiths [18 PL, 220pts]: 4x Canoptek Wraith

Destroyers [18 PL, 307pts]
    . 5x Destroyer: 5x Gauss Cannon
    . Heavy Destroyer: Heavy Gauss Cannon

++ Total: [116 PL, 2000pts] ++

So, yeah. Not the hardest of the hardcore list, but had some threats. And it was going to be fun.

My opponent was running an Imperial Guard list with a very small detachment of Sisters of Battle, including a Celestine he managed to get off of eBay for only $16.50....seriously, look at this pic below. $16.50. I dunno how he finds these people.
    20181103_015949.jpg?width=901&height=676
    20181103_020014.jpg?width=901&height=676

He had 90 Guardsmen, 3 Basilisks, A Salamandar command vehicle, a Saber weapons Platform, two Hellhounds, multiple characters (including Sly Marbo, Colonel 'Iron Hand' Strakan, etc.), and of course....a Deathstrike missile launcher.
    20181102_192401.jpg?width=901&height=676
    20181102_192408.jpg?width=901&height=676
    20181102_192411.jpg?width=901&height=676
    20181102_192330.jpg?width=901&height=676
    Lookit that creepy scout walker with a flamethrower creeping forward!

Corner deployments, Maelstroms, Necron go first and immediately Veil / Ghostwalk Mantle shimmy over. Problem is, with 60+ Guardsman, the Guard artillery park was incredibly well screened. The Lychguard and Obyron crash into Guardsman lines and eviscerate an entire squad and tie up a Hellhound, but the retaliation swarm of ALL CATACHAN and Celestine swamp them and begin to whittle them down. Catachans plus Iron Hand Strakan are better than I thought?
    20181102_194442.jpg?width=901&height=676
    Attack!
    20181102_213356.jpg?width=901&height=676
    Oh shit.
    20181102_213401.jpg?width=901&height=676
    The Wraiths were hurt more by the nerf to movement in charge phases than I like. That, combined with both effective screening and multiple failed charge rolls, kept them under the guns for far too long. They're Wraiths, so they survived an incredible amount of firepower....but Catachan countercharges were a thing to prevent them from advancing when they fall back. Too many bodies to cut through and screens keeping them away from the Basilisks was very effective.
    20181102_192349.jpg?width=901&height=676

Still, it was Maelstrom, and the cards were kind to the Necron. First Blood + defend favorable objectives allowed the Necrons to jump out to a quick lead. Unfortunately for the Necron player, the Imperial Guard got some favorable draws eventually as well. After a dominating early lead, the Guard caught up and it was 12-10. Still, one hellhound was destroyed, a Guard walker was destroyed by 5 Gauss Immortals landing all of their shots, and Vargard Obyron was proving to be very difficult to kill. The Necrons still had all of their Destroyers...
    20181102_192318.jpg?width=901&height=676
    Earlier in the fight....
    ....but their initial ground attack was stalling out and there were yet more Guardsman waiting in the building in case the remnants of the Wraith managed to get close to try and delay the game by tying up the parking lot of artillery.
    20181102_235055.jpg?width=507&height=676
    The Wraiths continued failing their charge rolls, however.

Still, the Necron were winning on points. The city meant all of the remaining Necrons, all of the Destroyers, Szeras, crypteks, and multiple squads of immortals were in cover! They successfully foiled an attack and charge by SLY MARBRO who was going for an attack on Szeras to satisfy the assassinate Maelstrom card via an OVERWATCH roll of 6 (to hit), 6 (to wound), and 5 (for damage), immediately vaporizing poor Sly. Sly, for as much fun as he could be, did nothing this day.
    Moments before his face was melted....

20181103_022708.jpg?width=901&height=676

And then the Deathstrike fired.

The list was designed around it because we like to have fun. The Deathstrike missile, benefitted by the Saber Weapon Weapons Battery with the Defense Searchlight, Sergeant Harker, the Salamander Command Vehicle, and the Deathstrike specific stratagem, was hitting on 2s and rerolling 1s. Targeting the destroyers, the missile outright killed three of them, almost killed a fourth, and heavily damaged everything around them. Given how well the Necrons were rolling defensively and that the Destroyers were in cover, they would've lasted a bit and perhaps allowed the Necron player to win on points (as the initial Necron attack had been blunted). The massive number of sudden mortal wounds, however, removed this as a possibility.

Follow up fire from the Basilisks removed the possibility of reanimated Destroyers and, thus, the Necrons conceded.

Argh! :)

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I fixed my Destroyers, glued the cannons on the broken ones back on. They look pretty sturdy.

Trying to figure out what build to do for the Dominus tech priest commander. I think I am gonna magnetize it just so I don't have to worry about choice though.

Edit: Is the Techmarine with Servitors and Thunderfire Cannon Techmarine fine cast if I buy them from the GW store? It doesn't really say in the description.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Stragint according to the Aussie GW site those are both resin kits.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Viking wrote: »

Is resin awful like finecast?

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Nope.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    As far as I know the only resin GW does is the Finecast.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    As a follow up, holy crap this codex is awesome

I did like the little note that basically says the Orks reckon the great rift (or “Gorks Grin” to them) is a great idea, what with it spitting up loadsa chaos boyz ta fight, and making for a wicked fun ride to a good scrap if yer bored….

Bit disappointed that the KFF foot Mek is gone, as is the MA warboss. I hope they make replacement kits, with more options, soon.

• Options
    I think I'll send them an email and ask them about it, maybe I can find out for sure.

I really like both of those Techmarine models but finecast makes me very unhappy.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Also, you may be cool... but are you flamethrower-chainsaw wielding wearing a spiked halo cool

tt3fejhumzv11.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=26ddf54c3ea68c1961d2bf66ba3593cce5d1983e

Glad to see some Redemptionist influences are still around.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Still one of the greatest pieces of fan art and jokes about Aeldari

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

The answer's murky (which is why you've had conflicting responses). Basically, GW's resin has developed and improved since the days where it was labelled Finecast... buuuuut some current kits listed as "resin" are the exact same Finecast models, just rebranded, and there are still issues with newer resin kits which aren't Finecast sometimes being terrible.

GW are really good at replacing issues, but it's still a hassle.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

Still one of the greatest pieces of fan art and jokes about Aeldari

That's exactly what I was thinking of will the model

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

AN ABSOLUTE UNIT

That skull knows that the chaos lord is about to wreck everything on the board.

Does this mean we might get loyalist Astartes?

• Options
    Got some HQ/Commanders build.

5i1ooTW.jpg

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The minis for Blackstone

5unnol7tobgn.png
    zbonicrkyqs5.png

I had hoped the robot and the two halflings were the Demiurg

• Options
    Looks like the hexes are the same size as the ones for Shadespire and Calth.
    Also looks like they merged some of the rules for WH:Q and Prospero, with dice pools on the card but different sized dice to represent different attack strengths.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    That is a lot of bad guys.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    The ratlings are called Rein and Raus...literally In and Out

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Apparently there's a bunch more support for this coming down the line as well. Think I'm actually hoping to see more of the spire drones, and other crazy defences the blackstone has.

• Options
    I'm having the weirdest dilemma. My depression has gotten worse recently and I have a little extra money so I wanted to buy some 40K stuff to feel better but I'm kind of stuck. I wanted to buy the Primaris HQs for my Deathwatch KT but I don't have conversion pieces and I'm also kind of meh on it. So much stuff I want to get but I don't want to go nuts and spend a ton of money.

I ended up buying a 5 model box of hellblasters to round out my total hellblaster count to 10. I feel so indecisive.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I was hoping for more than 3 CSM sculpts. *sigh*

u7stthr17eud.png