As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Youtubin'

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Man its like i couldn't post anything i like without finding out the creator did something awful nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENa98h7M7qY

Peas on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    These all seem like nice, happy people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCzyQ2Rfj1c

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Matt Groening being such a goose about the whole Apu thing has really disenchanted me towards his new series

hiyoooooooooooooimstillwatchingit

but yes I am very mad at the Blizzard writing staff for basically ruining everything I liked about Warcraft 3's story. If they ever make a Warcraft 4 I really, really, really hope it's an alternate universe thing.

also no Garrosh fuck Garrosh. "Let's undermine the poignant death of a famed warlord and killer who tried to be a better man after befriending a young idealist and, although he often fails, he ultimately redeems himself by sacrificing himself to free his people from the shackles of corruption he himself unwittingly helped to forge by making his son a racist warmongering piece of shit for no reason."

The problem is how the player base views a character to how blizzard views it
    Like Crazy old Jaina the players know her from the relationship with Thrall to being Dreadlord Jaina from Cata to crazy dreadlord Jaina from her actions in Pandaria and now to Legion

You said it about Garrosh. Sylvanas on the other hand I have no idea what blizzard is doing with her and it's pissing off people obviously

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Man its like i couldn't post anything i like without finding out the creator did something awful nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENa98h7M7qY

Someone dug through those robots' internet history and discovered some racist shit they wrote on Twitter 6 years ago.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Blizzard does small scale stories very well, but overarching storylines/characters.... not so well.

For example, while questing I the jungle around lvl 25, you come across a tiny cute baby raptor. You take care of her as you quest, and along the way, you accidentally resurrect a Troll Chieftain, who turns out to be the owner of the sire of that raptor. He raptornaps your baby, and you spend the rest of the zone trying to get her back, only to be stopped at the last minute.

Cue 50 levels later, you’re strong enough to run the troll dungeon. If you’ve completed that quest, once you defeat that Troll Chieftain, a little baby raptor appears with a quest marker over her head. Turns out she still remembers you, and you get her back, permanently.

I literally teared up at that quest, and it’s one of many, both large and small that have affected me.

The Horde/Alliance thing has always drawn a meh out of me though.

I never cares for the horde v alliance thing and always hoped they would ditch factions all together and let them play with each other, but nope, looks like they're doubling down on this pointless division of the player base.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Blizzard does small scale stories very well, but overarching storylines/characters.... not so well.

For example, while questing I the jungle around lvl 25, you come across a tiny cute baby raptor. You take care of her as you quest, and along the way, you accidentally resurrect a Troll Chieftain, who turns out to be the owner of the sire of that raptor. He raptornaps your baby, and you spend the rest of the zone trying to get her back, only to be stopped at the last minute.

Cue 50 levels later, you’re strong enough to run the troll dungeon. If you’ve completed that quest, once you defeat that Troll Chieftain, a little baby raptor appears with a quest marker over her head. Turns out she still remembers you, and you get her back, permanently.

I literally teared up at that quest, and it’s one of many, both large and small that have affected me.

The Horde/Alliance thing has always drawn a meh out of me though.

I never cares for the horde v alliance thing and always hoped they would ditch factions all together and let them play with each other, but nope, looks like they're doubling down on this pointless division of the player base.

Yeah, it really sucks, because I like most of the Alliance races more (like the Draenai), but if I want to play with the main SE++ guild I have no choice but to go Horde.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think the faction conflict will never go away from WoW

It's, like, the core concept that they have maintained across all of the mountain of changes over the past 14 years. It's how the merch is marketed, it's how the movie was marketed, it's a core design feature.

They are doing things to allow access to stuff the other faction has (ie Void Elves on the Alliance use the Blood Elf skeleton and Nightborne on the Horde use the Night Elf one) but there will always be Alliance vs. Horde to some degree

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Warcraft. Warcraft never changes.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who thinks the reason that Blizzard made the Horde unambiguously evil was because the Alliance was the more popular faction (specifically Humans and Night Elves)?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

It's, like, the core concept that they have maintained across all of the mountain of changes over the past 14 years. It's how the merch is marketed, it's how the movie was marketed, it's a core design feature.

They are doing things to allow access to stuff the other faction has (ie Void Elves on the Alliance use the Blood Elf skeleton and Nightborne on the Horde use the Night Elf one) but there will always be Alliance vs. Horde to some degree

That long predates WoW, even. That's always been a core part of Warcraft, period.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the reason that Blizzard made the Horde unambiguously evil was because the Alliance was the more popular faction (specifically Humans and Night Elves)?
    The Horde and Alliance are actually pretty evenly split nowadays, the imbalance was mostly just at launch when the Horde didn't have a "pretty" race

And also the Horde itself isn't unambiguously evil, outside of recent developments. Only time they have been outside of the current stuff is when Garrosh was in charge and they overthrew him and put his ass on trial.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Warcraft. Warcraft never changes.

it does change all the time it was a hot gruellia war with pvp that went ary in cata and they never tried to figure it out instead giving us the worst pvp area since

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://realmpop.com/us.html

Stat tracking for WoW says that Ally/Horde is almost evenly split with the slightest edge towards the alliance, but Blood Elves are the most popular individual race.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Apu stuff aside (which can be a big ask), Disenchanted still looks mediocre to average anyway. It didn't give me any kind of reason to want to watch it.

Yeah it looks like the exact opposite of futurama. Futurama showed up bursting eith ideas and identity. This looks like dnd mixed with Groening trademarked sense of humor.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Apu stuff aside (which can be a big ask), Disenchanted still looks mediocre to average anyway. It didn't give me any kind of reason to want to watch it.

Yeah it looks like the exact opposite of futurama. Futurama showed up bursting eith ideas and identity. This looks like dnd mixed with Groening trademarked sense of humor.

So re-watch Bender's Game, got it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    fair or not at a certain point i just trust comedians less as they get older, the edge is gone, they're no longer capable of punching up because they are the up

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I don't fully mind the segregated player base, when it's in-game, but I think it's probably past time that they ease some of the barriers that's on the border of the game, like, I should be able to send some bags to an alt on the other faction, probably?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    fair or not at a certain point i just trust comedians less as they get older, the edge is gone, they're no longer capable of punching up because they are the up

This one of my few advantages in life, it's hard for me to punch down, very little under there!

So...yay!?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Wait, are we getting another single-player Fallout game?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Its a mod

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Huh, that's WAY higher production values than I would expect for a teaser promotional video for a mod!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Its a mod
    Oh well.

I'd probably have bought a full Fallout game set in Miami... but I'm not going to buy a game just to get a mod.

sig.gif
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

I hadn't actually seen the Titans trailer, so I looked it up.

Someone needs to go to jail.

Fuck batman tho

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Which Batman am I fucking though? Some are more fuckable then others

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    All Batmans are fuckable.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Which Batman am I fucking though? Some are more fuckable then others

rxzkt5a1hymi.png

Clearly.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    All Batmans are fuckable.

I don't know. I feel like fucking lego Batman would be uncomfortable for all involved.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

for anyone who wants to know more about whatever the hell is going on here: http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2012/09/episode-11-nightmare.html

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I owned that game. My brother, my dad, and I would play it on halloween.

It's really only good for 1 or 2 plays, obviously.

I remember the guy's face slowly becomes superimposed with a skull towards the end. But not much else.

• Options

for anyone who wants to know more about whatever the hell is going on here: http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2012/09/episode-11-nightmare.html

Loading Ready Run has also done playthroughs of all of the Nightmare games, plus AtmosFear the successor game. The vods are up on the LoadingReadyLive channel.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Lindsay Ellis' next episode of The Whole Plate is unlikely to be controversial, I bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFMiuAtbMO0

WotanAnubis on
This discussion has been closed.