As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Achieve your dreams… or post in [chat]?

AiouaAioua Ora OccidensOra OptimaRegistered User regular
edited May 2018 in Debate and/or Discourse
vkcuYfX.png

Many people dream of adventure. Some are offered by fate the opportunity to make those dreams a reality. Only a few will seize that opportunity and build something truly amazing.
Steve and Alix have such a dream: to build a boat and sail it around the world.
They have the opportunity: a plot of land with good timber, access to the right tools, and in this modern age all the knowledge is there for the learning.
And they’re doing whatever is necessary to bring their dream to life.
Their boat is the Arabella and she will sail the world.

Here’s a short video about some of their progress:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2XwYsIQMrQ

And here’s an video featuring 4.5 tons of molten lead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1cpJBtWnQg

Here’s a picture of Steve’s dog:
IkaF8T9.jpg

You can follow their progress on youtube. So far they’ve gathered a ton of lumber and cut it into boards and beams, roughed out the main keel beams, poured and shaped the lead for the keel, and they bought a once-beautiful old boat to use as a source of parts; mainly for the bronze fittings and mahogany interior.

Things slowed down over the winter as it was too cold to do any painting/sealing work on the massive keel beams, but now that spring has sprung we expect the pieces of the keel to come together and the Arabella is going to start to take the shape of an actual boat instead of a collection of boat parts.

I hope you check out their videos, and if you're suitably impressed consider tossing some bucks into their Patreon.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
Aioua on

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i gave this chat my blessing
    mods pls do not gun aioua down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1QKyB_0P0E

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I got papers! Mods don't shoot!
    P10 wrote:
    if it goes to backup you can post the new [chat] on my behalf because i am lazy and it would be bad

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    What if I just want to watch it die?

Bogart already letting mod dom go to his head. Wants to shoot a thread in reno just to watch it die.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    yukOHjR.jpg?w=1080&ssl=1

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Avast, maties

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    bogart i would like to raise a point of order re: your last post in the previous thread

i have repeatedly stated i do not want [chat]

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So this came through the 40k subreddit. I know Total Biscuit is not the most beloved person around here but I guess chemo is no longer working on his cancer and well his time is kind of up.

Feel bad for his family. I know he has a wife and step kid who he moved to the states for. I hope the best for them. Cancer, its a fucker.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Spontaneous cat generating box:

0a5t0cgu748l.jpg

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    What about the part where they get a week out to sea realize they hate it?

I have so many friends who want to take a boat around the world/whatever and have no idea what it actually involves. I would much rather drive.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i have no opinion of total biscuit but fuck cancer tho

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    mod dom?

kinky

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    so, it's a box :3

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Good chat, as always, Aeolus.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    yukOHjR.jpg?w=1080&ssl=1

Technically that's a bat ray.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    well-shit-30502973.png

i got busy at work at the wrong time

good job backup

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    This is a pretty good boring Euro game chat.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    so, it's a box :3

:3:3:3:3:3

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

• Options
    Hmm Euros I actually still like

Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Acquire, Tigris and Euphrates (love this one, but it has tons of conflict and direct aggression), and I'd like to try Imperial

Kingsburg and Pillars of the Earth are two of my favorite games, and I'm pretty sure those are Euros.

I have played neither, tell me about them

I'm eating lunch right now, let me get back to you on this.

Remind me if I forget.

I'm good at forgetting.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i have no opinion of total biscuit but fuck cancer tho

Oh no!

*googles*

Oh thank goodness, he's just retiring. I thought he died. I don't really follow him but A) Fuck Cancer and B) He should probably take it easy for as long as possible right now.

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

I have so many friends who want to take a boat around the world/whatever and have no idea what it actually involves. I would much rather drive.

neither of them have actually sailed

sailing lessons aren't in the cards for a couple more years lol

I get the impression, though, that these dudes are aware of how unromantic the realities of sailing are.

(And it'll probably help that they'll mainly get to pull into port greeted by fans and wellwishers!)

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    To be a true Euro game it must be a game with zero variation based around clam shucking

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So this came through the 40k subreddit. I know Total Biscuit is not the most beloved person around here but I guess chemo is no longer working on his cancer and well his time is kind of up.

Feel bad for his family. I know he has a wife and step kid who he moved to the states for. I hope the best for them. Cancer, its a fucker.

Ah shit, that sucks :( TB is who he is, but I've enjoyed a lot of his work, and I discovered a lot of personalities I genuinely love through their association with him. Fuck cancer.

• Options
    Can you sail a boat that big with two people? Also, why start with a boat that big?

• Options

this isn't true

I've shat out some real bad chats

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    What if I just want to watch it die?

Bogart already letting mod dom go to his head. Wants to shoot a thread in reno just to watch it die.

Mod Dom sounds like the worst fetish ever

• Options
    a friend of mine sailed the atlantic and also does a lot of other things that infuriate me instead of having a boring job

• Options

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    Can you sail a boat that big with two people? Also, why start with a boat that big?

"Arabella will be a Colin Archer inspired, double ended ketch, designed by William Atkin, displacing 25,000 lbs and having berths for up to 5 people, but which can be sailed single handed."

apparently not too big!

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

this isn't true

I've shat out some real bad chats

Well, i think they're generally good, Aurum.

• Options

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man you can't be surprised Dolphins are dicks. Like they are the dicks of the sea. They live every day to be a dick.

I IDOLIZE THEM!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    other snowman knows whats coming

• Options
    Man you can't be surprised Dolphins are dicks. Like they are the dicks of the sea. They live every day to be a dick.

I IDOLIZE THEM!

SUPers are dicks. Dolphins know what's up.

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

You can't drive around the world, Doodmann

I tried, it can't be done!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm feeling very attacked by this title

• Options
    Despite my previous complaints, cars are considerably less expensive than boats also.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

I IDOLIZE THEM!

Thanks to Family Guy I think of them as ultra passive aggressive dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSaBEtivVu4

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    I'm feeling very attacked by this title

at least it gives you options

This discussion has been closed.