As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Toothbrush [chat]

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I mean... five seasons is a lot. I don't know if a live action sitcom nowadays can really expect more than that.

I liked B99, but it doesn't seem like a huge travesty that its ending after 5 seasons.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Brooklyn 99 is the kind of show that in 10 years will have done more for policing culture than a million body cams. There's no substitute for attracting good people to a profession.

Relatedly, I'd like to apologize to the first wave of good people, who we are basically tossing into a meat grinder.

They will be turned into bad people.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    put toothpaste on the toothbrush, wet the toothbrush, and then brush your teeth
    omg omg omg @Jacobkosh

I fought a set of three heavily-armed 'mechs to support the Arano Restoration and the enemy Enforcer shot both of my family's ancestral Blackjack's arms off of its body, rocking Glitch inside a bit

So I took the Directorate Enforcer down with my main pilot with a Shadowhawk - just cold blasted a rack of SRM and LRM missiles into the Enforcer until it fell over, peeling away armour to get into the good stuff

Glitch brought the Blackjack up to the downed 'mech and with her remaining torso lasers, sheared the Enforcer's arm off

It was extremely poetic

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    wet the toothbrush, put toothpaste on toothbrush, and then brush your teeth
    If the Expanse was cancelled, my guess is it was due to high cost of production. All that good looking spaceship cgi in every other episode - @Pony mentioned awhile back the show was nicknamed The Expense.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    SciFi didn't get streaming rights because apparently they're bad at seeing how the future will go

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Later in that same battle I'm sweating, I took a Thunderbolt down, made a milkshake of the pilot through repeated knockdowns, minimal mech damage, perfect capture

Negotiating 3/14 salvage was really paying off, but then I got curious about what else was in there

An SRM6++ was amongst the salvage, +Damage and +Stab so that stung a bit since I was deadset on keeping that Thunderbolt - my first heavy 'Mech - I had to have it

So I collect up all three salvage parts of the Thunderbolt and wait for assigned salvage

I get the 2/3s of the Enforcer that were left, the SRM6++, and an M Laser+ (Dmg) that I didn't notice at first

God it feels good to serve the Arano Restoration

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Just think, somewhere there's an alternate universe where Tim Allen didn't snitch and so he's still in prison. Everything still sucks, just a little less.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    SciFi didn't get streaming rights because apparently they're bad at seeing how the future will go

They predict only fictitious tech

• Options
    I mean... five seasons is a lot. I don't know if a live action sitcom nowadays can really expect more than that.

I liked B99, but it doesn't seem like a huge travesty that its ending after 5 seasons.

It strikes me as particularly insulting that Last Man Standing gets to come back, though

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Protein.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

The answer is that you drank an absurd feather potion.

SUJAMMA

SLAMMA

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Tim Allen should have rotted in prison

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    wet the toothbrush, put toothpaste on toothbrush, wet the toothbrush, and then brush your teeth
    A young buffalo can’t stand his father’s incessant dad jokes and decides to leave home.

“I can’t take it any more, dad. I’m leaving.”

“Well, bye, son.”

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    tim allen was in galaxy quest
    all sins, forgiven

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Tim Allen should have rotted in prison

Snitches get misplaced feelings of white resentment and persecution.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    8fkie6ty79x01.jpg

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Woman Who Sent 65,000 Texts To First Date Says ‘Love Is An Excessive Thing

Ades said she sent her date so many texts because “loving him selflessly brought me his information.”

According to police, many of the text messages Ades “selflessly” sent included anti-Semitic insults and threats like, “Don’t ever try to leave me ... I’ll kill you ... I don’t wanna be a murderer!”

Authorities say she texted the following:

“I hope you die ... you rotten filthy Jew.”

“I’m like the new Hitler ... man was a genius.”

“Oh, what I would do w/your blood ... I’d wanna bathe in it.”

Authorities said Ades has been sending as many as 500 messages a day since last year, but her efforts to connect with her former date became more extreme last month.

That’s when she allegedly broke into the man’s home and took a bath in his tub. Police say she also showed up at his work pretending to be his wife.

Although Ades acknowledged that sending 65,000 text messages seemed like a lot, she told KPHO she thought she’d sent more.

She added: “Love is an excessive thing.”

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    wet the toothbrush, put toothpaste on toothbrush, wet the toothbrush, and then brush your teeth
    Wow. A game that gives not a single fuck about my time.

• Options
    Home Improvement turns out to just be a show about a well-meaning but lonely bearded man with a mildly successful home repair show.

B-plot follows three abandoned feral boys.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    500 messages a day after one date
    musta been one heck of a charmer

P10 on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Chat stick it in their dumper.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    wait wait wait

there's a drum n bass (?) kirby song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBbfWW49kXc

wat

edit: or am i just a giant idiot

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    8fkie6ty79x01.jpg

This is my kryptonite.

So many early access open world games in my Steam list.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    8fkie6ty79x01.jpg

This is my kryptonite.

I usually resist until they have a solid fanbase and a proven history of dev updates

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I played a couple early ones that were bad enough to sour me on the whole genre

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    okay

what about a survival crafting open world battle royale

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Elendil wrote: »
    okay

What's that you say? Loot crates? And inside them are lanes to farm?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    8fkie6ty79x01.jpg

This is my kryptonite.

I usually resist until they have a solid fanbase and a proven history of dev updates
    your willpower is strong
    i usually buy it and then play 0-30 minutes

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah I never really got the whole survival genre. I'm much too much of a Marty Stu when I play games, if I can't be superman I don't wanna play it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    put toothpaste on the toothbrush and then brush your teeth
    Elendil wrote: »
    okay

What's that you say? Loot crates? And inside them are lanes to farm?

It's also a MOBA!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »

I actually like games with those aspects but like, give me a chance to do more

Like honestly I'd love some kind of survival game that involved NPC workers to help you with basic collecting and crafting stuff if you got a little taste of doing it yourself first

Oh and gimme some of that Battletech-y company management sim stuff too eventually

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    omg omg omg @Jacobkosh

I fought a set of three heavily-armed 'mechs to support the Arano Restoration and the enemy Enforcer shot both of my family's ancestral Blackjack's arms off of its body, rocking Glitch inside a bit

So I took the Directorate Enforcer down with my main pilot with a Shadowhawk - just cold blasted a rack of SRM and LRM missiles into the Enforcer until it fell over, peeling away armour to get into the good stuff

Glitch brought the Blackjack up to the downed 'mech and with her remaining torso lasers, sheared the Enforcer's arm off

It was extremely poetic

yesssss

I love stories like this

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

I actually like games with those aspects but like, give me a chance to do more

Like honestly I'd love some kind of survival game that involved NPC workers to help you with basic collecting and crafting stuff if you got a little taste of doing it yourself first

Oh and gimme some of that Battletech-y company management sim stuff too eventually

See this I could get on board with. Like some kind of zombo survival game where the point was building up a colony from a small thing to a large thing, but like all single player open world, none of this open world pvp madness.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    500 messages a day after one date
    musta been one heck of a charmer

got that good jewish d

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    chat definitely puts out on the first date

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    i mean a wheel of cheese is expensive

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    8fkie6ty79x01.jpg

This is my kryptonite.

I've done all right.

Amazeballs:
    Subnautica

Good:
    Conan: Exiles
    Empyrion
    Eden Star

Ehhhhh:
    Avorion

Teh Suck:
    Folk Tale
    Towns

That's off the top of my head, there will be a bunch more I'm not remembering, but I think the ratio is about right.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    *is super fucking hungry*

*is still not willing to get out of bed*

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
This discussion has been closed.