Options

[E3 2018] - Leak Watcher

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Tales from the borderlands

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Why has Asura never been in a Capcom Vs game?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Asura's Wrath is still genuinely my favorite shonen series of the past 10 years, warts and all

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Why has Asura never been in a Capcom Vs game?

Because they've made exactly one since Asura's Wrath came out and the story of its development and reception is not a positive one

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Asura's Wrath is still genuinely my favorite shonen series of the past 10 years, warts and all

Asura's Wrath is my favourite David Cage game, because it's the only one without a sexual assault scene, even if it still ogles women.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    asura's wrath is an extremely tight product when it comes to presentation

except for how the ending slipped out of the product and into some dlc.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    i kind of love that part of the presentation tho

the part where you have to buy it is bad because capitalism but

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Asura's Wrath is my favourite David Cage game, because it's the only one without a sexual assault scene, even if it still ogles women.

What? This is a joke, right? David Cage has nothing to do with Asura’s Wrath.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »

david cage directed asura's wrath

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I'm still mad about the one evil woman in the game being an example of one of my least favorite tropes

But yeah David definitely kept it more reined in here. Who knew that he'd find his voice telling a weird and regressive Sad Dad story?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    i think part of it is that it was a much more collaborative work than his other pieces, working with different writers on each episode

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

david cage directed asura's wrath

Unless David Cage is secretly also Seiji Shimoda, I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    He definitely made the right call, in terms of aesthetics, bringing in those two studios for the mid-game DLC episodes. Not having any gameplay at all kind of feels like the logical conclusion of where his games were going, so retroactively inserting them in the middle of the story was an interesting choice too.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I must be missing something because I am a huge David Cage fan, have never heard this, and can find no evidence that he has anything to do with Asura’s Wrath. WTH?

• Options
    it's a pen name

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I must be missing something because I am a huge David Cage fan, have never heard this, and can find no evidence that he has anything to do with Asura’s Wrath. WTH?

huh, it's weird to me that a huge cagehead wouldn't know this! i mean, it's okay, it's just surprising

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    You don't remember the part at the beginning where David Cage, in this form a 12-ft tall baroque multi-armed war mecha, discusses the themes of his work?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I feel like this is an extended in joke and like 3 people are in on it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

It’s so funny.

• Options
    I've long held that Cage is actually a pretty good designer but atrocious writer, so him taking a backseat on those aspects for Asura really helped.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Insert butterfly meme with "Is this a bit I see?" here.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I want to play the new super smash bros game.

• Options

Directed by Seiji Shimoda.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    assuming this is true and not another taljoke, it suddenly makes so much sense that asura's wrath managed to make that idea as boring as it did

• Options
    OjzQRdm.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

I hope they put Captain Toad in it.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I have no idea what that means other than someone put David Cage over a name

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    assuming this is true and not another taljoke, it suddenly makes so much sense that asura's wrath managed to make that idea as boring as it did

Hey!!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

That makes sense, since that's how many people played Asura's Wrath

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

That's David Cage, in Asura's Wrath

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    despite confusion on this page, asura's wrath was directed by david cage

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    The "Despite all my rage, I am still David Cage" joke is in reference to Asura's Wrath. Asura's Wrath is the rage in the joke.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Some people may see it as Gohma List instead. It's a weird optical illusion thing that's really taken the internet by storm.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I have my calendar filled in with the conference things for E3 because I hate myself. Now I can just countdown the days while making a slow, low-pitch and low-effort "buuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

Some people may see it as Gohma List instead. It's a weird optical illusion thing that's really taken the internet by storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzkBKhkjg5E

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I started playing through Dragon Age Inquisition again, and although DA2 is still my favorite game in that series, the song right after you leave Haven is probably the single best sequence in the entire series.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I started playing through Dragon Age Inquisition again, and although DA2 is still my favorite game in that series, the song right after you leave Haven is probably the single best sequence in the entire series.

Inquisition is a really uneven game overall but its high points are really damn good.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    That montage, though ... oof.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Imagine if people really looked like that. Imagine the terror of even going outside anymore.

Please love Truck Shepard.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

Inquisition is a really uneven game overall but its high points are really damn good.

I think they had a real problem coming up with meaningful reasons to explore their zones (though they had better luck there than Andromeda did) but when they got into the meat of the story, or at least the meat of the set pieces, it was very strong. And a bunch of the stuff you do in the zones that isn't related to the main story can be pretty fun, too. I did really like how you could literally build bridges across the world. That's something I hope they find a way to expand on in a sequel.

This discussion has been closed.