As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] "I'm only dooting you because I can't doot myself."

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Nyht wrote: »
    It DOES suck that after the changes, we now have to waste one of our new bans on Raynor :bigfrown:

just stun him, lol!

YOU stun him! Raynor has a year's worth of pent up rage from being a meme target. I'm not going anywhere near that monster.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I feel like the actual answer to Raynor is just play garrosh but hah that hero is dead to the world.

So, long range mages it is then?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    ... /sits here in "I'll just go back to Brightwing and POLYMORPH ALL THE THINGS"

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    All this talk and watch him somehow NOT be busted. Like if he settles at like 52% WR or something, I would find it funny.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    DhwwS5LVMAAlP1H.jpg

Jimmy's back, boys.

Sidenote: I'm not sure Bounty Hunter is "The Pick" anymore unless you seriously don't need the extra healing from Paint Em Red or Give Me More. Reducing the armor from 10 to 5 is pretty noticeable. I mean, it's the only damage talent on that tier, so that's still good, but Raynor is still pretty susceptible to burst damage and having extra healing options seems nice. Either way, I took Bounty Hunter that game and I kinda wish I didn't? Hah.

Also I think my Banshee only died once that game due to Core splash damage or something. Good micro will keep that sucker alive. Get used to mashing R and Right Click at the same time/on the same location tbh. Hell, get used to mashing R itself a lot. Don't just fire and forget, actually keep track of it and move it around (also, Alt+R will self cast and bring it back to you).

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK IT CAN SCOUT BUSHES AND PROVIDE VISION OVER TERRAIN THAT'S INSANE

I LITERALLY SCOUTED OUT AN ATTEMPTED BUSH GANK BY HAVING IT FLY THROUGH TERRAIN

wtf

edit: CD Reduction+Armor on E at 4 is extremely good. I like that one a loooot. ...I only played one game, I mean, but it's damn noticeable. I'll try messing with the others, I think the self-heal on Trait one might be good too.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Nyht wrote: »
    All this talk and watch him somehow NOT be busted. Like if he settles at like 52% WR or something, I would find it funny.

Yrel is 52% rn and you’d think she was the best hero in the game with how much the internet complains about it.

Tbh I’ll be v surprised if he can get over fenix unless his popularity stays low, because fenix is broken as hell still and has much more tank, sustain and mobility than jimmy with equal damage and more impactful ults. Everyone flocking to him is going to hurt his winrate a lot.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yrel being really strong isn't something that can really carry a game. She wins the solo but doesn't push it, and can soak a bunch of damage holding an objective, but I'm sure the majority playing her don't really peel well enough to save your backline.

Is their ever going to be a reason to take hyperion now outside of juice pirates. Sounds like the banshee is just to versatile

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Yrel being really strong isn't something that can really carry a game. She wins the solo but doesn't push it, and can soak a bunch of damage holding an objective, but I'm sure the majority playing her don't really peel well enough to save your backline.

Is their ever going to be a reason to take hyperion now outside of juice pirates. Sounds like the banshee is just to versatile

unstoppable on inspire at 20 i guess since those are weirdly tied together.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Today my Diablo teammate flipped Li-Ming into my Blaze’s E-charge and she exploded. Everyone laughed and went nuts.

Also, Jimmy is breaking QM load times. To be expected since he was a highly sought after hero.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Is the banshee uptime basically 100%?

almost feels like it

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

almost feels like it

It has no duration and the cooldown doesn't start until it's destroyed. So if you never let it blow up, yes. Basically the same mechanic as Misha.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

almost feels like it

I haven't played or seen Raynor, just what I remember from the rework notes, but isn't it a permanent companion thing? And just respawns after ~20 seconds when it dies? It's like Misha.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    SeGaTai wrote: »

unstoppable on inspire at 20 i guess since those are weirdly tied together.

Not to mention if Ace in the Hole procs on ALL damage, Thrall Earthquake into Hyperion seems A OK.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Any tips for not being out of mana as Muradin? Or is that something you just have to live with?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Any tips for not being out of mana as Muradin? Or is that something you just have to live with?

Pick a hero from 2017-2018.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited July 2018

sadly there's no silver bullet or talent you can really take on muradin. try forcing people off globes with your willingness to take free damage that you heal with trait and try not to use abilities that much outside of fights/picks.

he wants to q a lot for the quest but try not to do more than that generally while laning because he just devours mana in teamfights when you're really using stuff on cd so it's easy to run out if you're lowish. it's hard now to learn imo because so many new heroes either don't have mana, or don't have functional mana in any real way, so you're not really used to thinking about the mana bar until it's just empty and your abilities aren't coming out.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

He's not particularly mana intensive, so I'm not sure. I guess work on holding your jump and stun more, which you should be doing anyway for the most part? Also this is a luxury, but have your teammates clear waves for you instead of trying to kill them with two thunderclaps.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

have a pocket Malfurion.

• Options
    Also you may not be tapping well very often since you heal up so much between rotations and what not but tapping well just for mana on cooldown can help if you don't think you'll need it later

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

I tend to run out of mana with Muradin only during very prolonged fights. If you're running out often then it probably indicates you aren't preparing for objectives/fights properly by ensuring your HP and mana bar are topped up from the start. In addition, as Muradin you often weave in and out of combat to get trait value, during which time you are often better off just running back to tap a well or grab a globe than hanging around doing nothing.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Feels like we're going to be back in the era of Free Win Johanna.

• Options
    Feels like we're going to be back in the era of Free Win Johanna.

Meta is to cc chain and burst down a single target. Hence the most viable tanks are those that can somehow survive that, limit cc or dish it out themselves.

• Options
    She's been the highest winrate pure tank since she got the hp back.

Tho i worry that raynor's dps is so high that he does the same thing fenix does, who cares if you are tanky and have a blind, imma stand here and do 1.5k dps to your face outside of engagement range and now you can't be an immobile fuck you wall that guards the team because you have to back away.

Fenix kinda breaks the tank meta imo if he's played properly, and I think raynor might be the easier to execute but easier to punish with garbage overwatch heroes version of that.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    DhxdhqvUEAArlBf.jpg

Another Jimjam win! Things looked dire for us early game but our damage scaled better than theirs did. Plus our Abby went Heal build BLESS HIS HEART.

So now I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Paint Them Red at 16 is THE PICK. That talent is fucking apeshit bananas, because it gives you a ridiculous burst heal every 10 seconds (which scales with number of Heroes hit, mind you). Plus it's a DPS talent, I actually didn't realize that. Yup, that's the pick FOREVER. Wow.

Also this game illustrates the difference between Ace in the Hole (me) and Veteran Marksman (enemy Jimmy). I more than doubled his damage output.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    how did you not get a tank? did someone accidentally flag azmodan as a tank or is the matchmaker crumbling under the weight of azmodan and jimothy players. damage isn't always super comparable, yrel alone took 112k damage which is only 20k more than their entire team did hah, but ace in the hole certainly seems absolutely upside down busted, as it's better executioner on a level 1 talent that also works for non-autoattack damage.

also i didn't look what map you were on and i thought "weird they added a skin where raynor's head is replaced with a minigun. i didn't see that was coming out"

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    how did you not get a tank? did someone accidentally flag azmodan as a tank or is the matchmaker crumbling under the weight of azmodan and jimothy players. damage isn't always super comparable, yrel alone took 112k damage which is only 20k more than your entire team did hah, but ace in the hole certainly seems absolutely upside down busted, as it's better executioner on a level 1 talent that also works for non-autoattack damage.

also i didn't look what map you were on and i thought "weird they added a skin where raynor's head is replaced with a minigun. i didn't see that was coming out"

NO FUCKING IDEA DUDE

My other teammates made that remark as well. I think the matchmaker is just shitting itself cause of New Patch Day.

We came out on top though which was a nice surprise. Was fully expecting to lose that game, their Medivh/Diablo were ULTRA coordinated with portal dives and it was extremely frustrating at first. Scaling tho!!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    does raynor scale faster than 4% now? i thought i remembered them pushing him up to 5 like lunara but i couldn't find it via a searchy search, that seems to be a niche they want for AA heroes.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    It was changed to 5 in the patch notes

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Dibby wrote: »
    how did you not get a tank? did someone accidentally flag azmodan as a tank or is the matchmaker crumbling under the weight of azmodan and jimothy players. damage isn't always super comparable, yrel alone took 112k damage which is only 20k more than your entire team did hah, but ace in the hole certainly seems absolutely upside down busted, as it's better executioner on a level 1 talent that also works for non-autoattack damage.

NO FUCKING IDEA DUDE

My other teammates made that remark as well. I think the matchmaker is just shitting itself cause of New Patch Day.

We came out on top though which was a nice surprise. Was fully expecting to lose that game, their Medivh/Diablo were ULTRA coordinated with portal dives and it was extremely frustrating at first. Scaling tho!!

According to Reddit QM MM is super fucked right now, basically leading to many situations like the above where on team has one or more tanks and the other has none. Maybe the Azmo/Raynors are jamming the system.

e: Blizz is investigating.

finnith on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Yeah I primarily QM and matchmaker has been increasingly nuts lately.

I had a sylv, murky, kael, jaina, hanzo game.

I mean come on

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Grubby has never played a zelda game.

*unsubscribed*

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    I think it's great how excited people are over the Raynor and Azmodan reworks. Even if they are salty over how "OP" Raynor is, it shows they are still engaged with the game after all this time and still enjoy old heroes.

I also think new Azmodan is better than old Azmodan, from both a play variety and a power level perspective. He no longer has to spend the entire game AFK in order to be a late game monster, and can meaningfully contribute at objectives and team fights throughout the course of the game. The interesting thing now is that his fatass body actually means something because he doesn't spend all game 2 lanes away from all the action.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

*unsubscribed*

He did sing Shiny for us, though, so I'm inclined to forgive this transgression.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I think it's great how excited people are over the Raynor and Azmodan reworks. Even if they are salty over how "OP" Raynor is, it shows they are still engaged with the game after all this time and still enjoy old heroes.

I also think new Azmodan is better than old Azmodan, from both a play variety and a power level perspective. He no longer has to spend the entire game AFK in order to be a late game monster, and can meaningfully contribute at objectives and team fights throughout the course of the game. The interesting thing now is that his fatass body actually means something because he doesn't spend all game 2 lanes away from all the action.

I especially like that there's an alternative (AND viable) build path that encourages and rewards stack progression from teamfights, almost to the point where you gain MORE from teamfights than clearing waves.

Because I'm not a huge fan of the whole last-hitty nonsense.

And Wrath build looks hella fun.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    does raynor scale faster than 4% now? i thought i remembered them pushing him up to 5 like lunara but i couldn't find it via a searchy search, that seems to be a niche they want for AA heroes.

Yeah, Raynor scales at 5% now.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

*unsubscribed*

He did sing Shiny for us, though, so I'm inclined to forgive this transgression.

I need a link for this please.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    i'm shocked at how much hp the banshee has and how much it's allowed to fly around.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    "Oh boy," I say, in my filthy casual voice. "I really would like some Nice Casual Weekday HotS!"

Hots: "It is Patch Day."

Me: "I have at least Three Regrets."

*EDIT* Thinking if I, as usual, Am The Tank / Support I Want to See in the World, I'll have a better time

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The wife watches me wrecking HL and asks how I get Garrosh so much. Then @Knight_ whispers the exact same question right after she does. Honestly, I have no idea. First 4 bans are almost always: Chromie, Kael, Varian, Raynor, or Stukov.

cp5xbcutwgl7.png

And some of those games I was last pick?! As Knight said, I'm riding this train as long as possible.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    Holy shit. How did I not know this? Played D.Va on Braxis. With the long delay explosion talent she completely (I mean COMPLETELY) vaporizes the first 3 or 4 zerg waves and almost completely vaporizes the rest. Like, these were 100-0 waves against us and they did basically no damage. We won that game because I had a button that basically meant that the opposing team couldn't get the objective. OMG. ALWAYS WILL DRAFT ON THIS MAP.

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399