As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy [Cobra Kai] (open spoilers)

1111213141517»

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I'm still a fan of the idea of a limited series (say 2-3 seasons) that focuses on Mr. Miyagi's past.

It would lean more towards serious since the issues his character faces are some of the darker times in our world. Not to say it wouldn't have it's fun moments, but it would steer away from the corny 80s love that is Cobra Kai.

You'd have the following lore to expand upon:

Miyagi training in his village with a friend Sato (mirror the scene in KK2 where he learned the drum technique), his relationship with his father, the love triangle with Yukie/Miyagi/Sato, Miyagi running from their death battle, going to America, meeting his love, getting married, joining/fighting in the military, losing his pregnant wife while he was overseas fighting and she was in internment camp, and finally his life after the loss of his wife and unborn child.

The part after his wife's death is the most unexplored and could be a great place to flesh out his character. Personally, I'd imagine he'd go to a dark place and drown out his sadness in alcohol. The story could finish with him taking steps to move beyond his past and turn into the lovable man we meet in KK1. His arc is generally very relatable, and with the right writers, directors, and actors, could be an amazing series.

https://youtu.be/UWse86dPqiY

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    That whole clip was so Derek.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Finished season five again and this is the dumbest best television series I've ever seen.

When do we see Amanda LaRusso bust out her Karate?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    *As usual, Daniel is in the middle of a fight, this time at the DMV. An attacker swings a chair at him front behind. Amanda pops up between the chair and Daniel, blocking the attack with a double palm push. Daniel and the attacker are stunned and Amanda drops the guy with a forearm strike.*

Amanda: "What? I've been around karate for almost 20 years. You don't think I'd pick up a thing or two?"

All of us watching the show nod our heads and accept that is reasonable given the Karate Kid universe.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    *As usual, Daniel is in the middle of a fight, this time at the DMV. An attacker swings a chair at him front behind. Amanda pops up between the chair and Daniel, blocking the attack with a double palm push. Daniel and the attacker are stunned and Amanda drops the guy with a forearm strike.*

Amanda: "What? I've been around karate for almost 20 years. You don't think I'd pick up a thing or two?"

All of us watching the show nod our heads and accept that is reasonable given the Karate Kid universe.

“Oh no. No nono. I am part of the Karate War now.”

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular

Where does Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan fit into the Karate Cinematic Universe?

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »

They don't.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »

They don't.

Was supposed to be called The Kung Fu Kid but they chickened out.

I would not be opposed to Jackie and Jaden showing up at the Sekai Taikai as a visual gag, but...it's a karate tournament, not kung fu. They might as well be in an alternate universe.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I have had two moments where I thought Amanda was going to throw down.

1. When she confronts Kreese in the dojo. I think she slaps him?
    2. Before the fight between Daniel and Silver. I was hoping Amanda would take him down using everything she learned from Daniel. Kind of cementing Daniel as the new Miyagi teacher.

Anyway, let Amanda LaRusso kick some ass.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I have had two moments where I thought Amanda was going to throw down.

1. When she confronts Kreese in the dojo. I think she slaps him?
    2. Before the fight between Daniel and Silver. I was hoping Amanda would take him down using everything she learned from Daniel. Kind of cementing Daniel as the new Miyagi teacher.

Anyway, let Amanda LaRusso kick some ass.

I mean, she was in a bar fight.

• Options
    y7s8f0pu0397.jpg

Season 6 coming to be the final season. Cool. I'm glad they 1) got to end on their terms, and 2) aren't dragging it on just because.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Hillary Swank or I riot.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    Last I heard, Swank was working on some other show, so not sure how good the odds are, but I fully support the aforementioned plotline of General Julie coming in to put down the Valley Karate Riots of 2023

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    VoodooV wrote: »
    Last I heard, Swank was working on some other show, so not sure how good the odds are, but I fully support the aforementioned plotline of General Julie coming in to put down the Valley Karate Riots of 2023

I mean she's clearly back on TV cause yeah she's on prime or something. She's got time.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    A lot of people assumed they wouldn't get Elizabeth Shue, but they did. I'm not willing to say it won't happen, but I find it unlikely. Would be really neat to have the Daniel and her meet up and discuss old Miyagi stories.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page