Options

[FFBE] Anniversary is over. And 7-stars are here!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    36 tickets.
    12 4* tickets
    A 10+1
    3 10% tickets
    A 30% ticket
    10k lapis.

Zero rainbows.

I get it, game. I'll stop.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh I had planned on using it tomorrow too lol. Oh well... I'll use my 5* ticket so hopefully I get someone good.

It was my 4th Prompto. Are you serious??
    As serious as a 5th Ramza.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    maraji wrote: »
    Oh I had planned on using it tomorrow too lol. Oh well... I'll use my 5* ticket so hopefully I get someone good.

It was my 4th Prompto. Are you serious??
    As serious as a 5th Ramza.

Ouch. At least Ramza was in FFT? :-)

urahonky on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    I had 35k Lapis, with login bonuses, a story event, and new story content coming soon. I can spare a 5k! Double Rainbow!

Knight Delita #3 and drumroll...
    Knight Delita #4

wat

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    20k lapis and 20 tickets (including the 30%) got me Beatrix (troll?), Eiko 7* (good?) and Dark Fina (whoo TMR).

Will soon have enough for one more 5k pull, but perhaps I should wait until next week's news.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Burned the 10+1 from the one bundle and got CG Lid #2. Heh....

I will pull a bunch when not at work for Nichol I think.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Oh RNGesus, who art in the cloud.
    Hallowed by thy dice.
    Thy cryptarch come,
    Thy rolls be done,
    On earth as it is in the forums.
    Give us this day our weekly drops
    And forgive us our greed
    as we forgive those gettings exotics they already have
    And lead us not into cheesing,
    but deliver us from glitches.
    For thine is the cryptarch,
    and the power,
    and the glory,
    for ever and ever, (or alternatively, "Until the patch comes out")
    amen.

Heathen!!! The one true God of FFBE is Saltius! The Ocean of Tears!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    I feel bad for posting after so many other fails..

used 1x rare ticket - vivi
    used 1x 4* ticket - the lady banner mage
    used 1x 30% Rainbow ticket - CG Nichol
    used 1x 5k lapis 10+1 pull - CG Nichol.
    used 5* ex ticket i had banked - Second Alieen
    Used 10+1 ex ticket i had banked - Knight Delita (third).

The REAL problem is that i still need to pull the 3* banner units.....

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    70% Blue was Cherie, so at least on banner. The 10% ALL Moogle that came with took the sting out a little.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    20k lapis and 20 tickets (including the 30%) got me Beatrix (troll?), Eiko 7* (good?) and Dark Fina (whoo TMR).

Will soon have enough for one more 5k pull, but perhaps I should wait until next week's news.

I hear Beatrix actually is a pretty good 7* unit. I havent pulled her yet.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Hey guys I threw a normal ticket onto this banner I never actually wanted since I already have 7* Ramza, Lunera, and Roy(all off banner 5*’s)

Anybody want a CG Nichol?

• Options
    Hey guys I threw a normal ticket onto this banner I never actually wanted since I already have 7* Ramza, Lunera, and Roy(all off banner 5*’s)

Anybody want a CG Nichol?

Now Now....theres enough salt to go around, you dont need to bring your own to the party.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Ok, am I missing something with Kain here. Looking at his skill set, he seems to have ST Phy and the rest Mag. I've tried a couple times with a 100% evade tank and Mystea, but for some reason the Ice Spear hits my evade tank, killing them (well and the ST drain killed my Ace evade tank).

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I used all of my tickets (30% was Clyne....) and 25k Lapis. Added two new rainbows to the club (Yuna and Fohlen).

Saved the last 5k for the kid to wake up since he loves pressing the button and watching what color comes down. He managed to grab the elusive Maritime Strategist. Woo!

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Ok, am I missing something with Kain here. Looking at his skill set, he seems to have ST Phy and the rest Mag. I've tried a couple times with a 100% evade tank and Mystea, but for some reason the Ice Spear hits my evade tank, killing them (well and the ST drain killed my Ace evade tank).

Ice Spear is Magic, so it'll smack your evade tank up. I gave up on the LB kill mission - I already have just about everything I need from that MK event. I'm sad there's not really any good rewards from this event trial - like, the materia is meh, 20% Dark resist is kinda useful. I'll take the Moogles I guess. Although, I am glad they didn't just throw another useless goddamn spear at us as a reward.

Edit: As to why it'll hit your evade tank through Mystea, I had that happen against Tegmine. I had my evade tank in slot 1 and Mystea in slot 2 and the magic cover didn't proc on the first check I guess. Cover mechanics are wonky.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Of all the STMR's to get first it had to be some weird hybrid bad materia that doesn't know who it wants to be used for? I have 3 Rems and 3 Cids game, throw me a bone.

I guess I can't be too mad at getting an STMR a 7 star and two new rainbows today....but dammit its all stuff I didn't need. Time to horde for Hyou while megahording for Ultima

• Options
    DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    I used all of my tickets (30% was Clyne....) and 25k Lapis. Added two new rainbows to the club (Yuna and Fohlen).

Saved the last 5k for the kid to wake up since he loves pressing the button and watching what color comes down. He managed to grab the elusive Maritime Strategist. Woo!

Lol, My 30% was also Clyne, but it netted me a 10% all moogle. I threw all my tickets at this banner as well, I ended up getting Lila #4, Sephiroth #2, a lot of 3* moogles for 5* bases I don't have, and all of the new units except CG Nichol and Lexa, who was the one I actually wanted off this banner.

• Options
    My 30% was at least Gold, getting me another Setzer. About 40 tickets in so far, the banner drop rate has been horrible, only 1 Fire Sword guy, 2 Thunder Axe guys, and 2 Lexi's. Got 1 rainbow which of course is a 2nd Zarglebargle. Might just have to hope his enhancements come close to CG Nichol.

• Options
    DK_Azrael wrote: »
    Cirira wrote: »

Lol, My 30% was also Clyne, but it netted me a 10% all moogle. I threw all my tickets at this banner as well, I ended up getting Lila #4, Sephiroth #2, a lot of 3* moogles for 5* bases I don't have, and all of the new units except CG Nichol and Lexa, who was the one I actually wanted off this banner.

I think my Clyne only came with a 5% moogle. I did get a few 10%s and like 9 Lexa's. I was surprised I got no dupe rainbows. I'm still combining moogles and units from the pulls and the raid pulls last night (was at like 1100 units after pulling). I think I got 6 or 7 TMRs out of it but the only one of note would be Nue (and I don't have anyone that can really use it)

• Options
    So if I have an Enhanced Ramza do I need to pull hard for Nichol? I know that he's better than Ramza, but how much better?

• Options
    The benefit to Nichol is that he doesn't get locked into his actions. He can use double cast skills each turn and I believe his buffs are better. I think his only downside is that his MP restore isn't as good as the bards.

From the Should You Pull for Maritime https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8r15os/should_you_pull_maritime_strategist_nichol/

Nichol vs Ramza

Ramza's stat buffs only reach a max of 100%. Nichol exceeds that and provides a much higher HP/MP heal along with quad-elemental coverage and damage mitigation. Heck, he even caters to summoners by filling up their esper gauges at 7★! Also, Ramza's LB buff covers ATK/MAG only while Nichol covers ALL stats. However, what Ramza lacks in buffs, makes up for in debuffs. At 7★, E.Ramza has 60% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR breaks and can double cast them.

• Options
    I was hoping you'd say "Nah he's not that big of a jump" but having to not get locked into singing seems really powerful.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    So if I have an Enhanced Ramza do I need to pull hard for Nichol? I know that he's better than Ramza, but how much better?

In exchange for breaks, what you will get is basically a Ramza with a much better limit break (134% buff at max LB), damage mitigation (30%), and he won't be locked down singing while he does buffs. You just buff once and then you have two free turns to do other stuff with him until he needs to re-apply his buffs.

Edit: Oh, and a single target dispel ability. This is nice if you're like me and can't do the dispel re-target trick to save his life. So you can dispel single target Stops or Charm or the like.

Lorek on
  • Options
    I was hoping you'd say "Nah he's not that big of a jump" but having to not get locked into singing seems really powerful.

My only bard was Lunera, and she is actually a decent damage dealer at 7* so I went all in for Nichol.

If I had Ramza or Roy (or Zargabath), I'd probably think twice. If I had Zargabath I'd wait as long as possible to see what his enhancements look like.

• Options
    Ramza also gets a AoE 2000HP barrier. Not sure we've seen content that needs it, but that could be useful.

• Options
    Yeah I have 7* Lunera ready, and a Zarg (not 7* though).

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Used 14 4* tickets, 70 regular tickets, and a 10+1 ticket. Finally at the end I got 1 CG Nichol. Not even going to press my luck for another. Got a 2nd Zarglebargle and the 10+1 got me a 2nd Greg.

The 4* tickets are pretty nuts though, if there was ever a banner to throw resources at, this might be it. Might have gotten around a 70% trust moogle from those 4*'s.

EDIT: now to spend an hour getting my inventory from 680 to under 500.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Those are some good pulls though Trajan.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Threw 7 tickets at the banner. Got Reberta. Time to stop, I think. Actually, fifth ticket was Reberta. I wanted to see if I was one of those insanely lucky people to get multiple rainbows in a row.

• Options
    lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    Woo Hoo! Spent 5k Lapis on a 10+1, and got my CG Nichol!

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Those are some good pulls though Trajan.

Yeah I can't complain. I used 100% TM on Greg and another 75% TM on a Crowe (constantly fighting for the 2 I have between healer, M. Tank, and Tank). It's funny how hard I pulled for Zarg when he came out (helps that Ashe was in the pool), couldn't get him. Now I have 2.

That's why I'm not trying for another copy (at least without a step up banner). There's a good chance I may end up grabbing another one down the road.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I spent about 32 tickets, 12 4*. The trust moogles were indeed glorious. I ended up getting at least one of all the on banner units, including two rainbows: 1 MS Nichol and 1 (my second) Delita. Not at all bad.

There's a part of me that just wants to use all the last 40 of my tickets on this banner for the moogles, and hope I get a decent amount back during the anniversary. I have some lapis saved up to do emergency pulls if I need to, but I'm trying not to use lapis outside of step ups.

My 10+1 and my 30% tickets were netted me 10 blues and a couple golds. Nothing to speak of. I probably won't continue on this banner despite the moogles because I already have a &* Roy ready, but they are tempting. Decisions, decisions.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I used one of my Crimson Blood 100% moogles on Reberta. Now I only have 5 left for the next 5 Rebertas I'll pull.

[edit] Geez, Alhena's Dragon's Whisker is better than Crimson Blood in every way.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Ramza also gets a AoE 2000HP barrier. Not sure we've seen content that needs it, but that could be useful.

It means that if you are bringing him as a breaker he doesn’t have wasted turns in between breaks and can slap a shield up.

• Options
    Papagander wrote: »
    I spent about 32 tickets, 12 4*. The trust moogles were indeed glorious. I ended up getting at least one of all the on banner units, including two rainbows: 1 MS Nichol and 1 (my second) Delita. Not at all bad.

There's a part of me that just wants to use all the last 40 of my tickets on this banner for the moogles, and hope I get a decent amount back during the anniversary. I have some lapis saved up to do emergency pulls if I need to, but I'm trying not to use lapis outside of step ups.

My 10+1 and my 30% tickets were netted me 10 blues and a couple golds. Nothing to speak of. I probably won't continue on this banner despite the moogles because I already have a &* Roy ready, but they are tempting. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah it's tempting with all these moogles and we'll definitely get more tickets during the anniversary. I'll probably just to dailies and that's it. Looking at CG Nichol's 7* form, it's not really that impressive. His LB is the main thing, going from 134% buff to 150% buff. He gets a couple 6 turn cooldowns that fill the Esper Gauge and provide massive buffs. In theory you could be bouncing between those and his LB for constant 150% buffs.

The thing I keep coming back to though is that buffs are the weakest of the 3. Breaks are best by far, then imperils, then buffs (thanks to them only buffing base stats). So 134% to 150% isn't nearly the same as 45% break to 60% break. The other thing to keep in mind is while CG Nichol has flexibility, MP regen is a pretty big issue.

• Options
    The 4* tickets are pretty nuts though, if there was ever a banner to throw resources at, this might be it. Might have gotten around a 70% trust moogle from those 4*'s.

This I didn't know. I had only been using 3* tickets this morning. Dumped my 10 4* tickets for the moogles, 60% in moogles and a Nyx.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    So I spent some more tickets and now have another Ramza .... another Mercenary Ramza.

I already have (1) Wilhelm fully enhanced and potted. Is it worth building M.Ramza now that I can 7* him? Should I do it just to be sure I get that second moustache? Why does autocorrect want to turn moustache into “moist taco” or “mouse tachometer”?

maraji on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Used the 10+1 ticket from the bundle: 2nd Gladiolus, 3rd Barb
    3 5* ex tickets: 2nd Loren, PS Rydia, 2nd Nyx.
    Going to burn some tickets and see where I end up.

Got Nichol after about 40 tickets. Whew.

Artereis on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    If you have a substantial breaker already then it's probably not worth investing too much into M.Ramza right now, unless you want to compress the provoke tank and breaking (ATK/MAG only, mind) into one role. Definitely worth getting one of them to level 100 though, assuming we eventually get the parameter missions that include UOC tickets for increasing numbers of 7* awakenings done.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    We don't know if/how M.Ramza's 7* will differ from JP, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to level and enhance one if you can make a 7*. I know I've been swimming in every sort of stat pot for awhile (pot fusing will be so good, I have something like 100 points of ATK in pots).

This discussion has been closed.