As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Sword and Shield: Out now. Mark your spoilers!

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Because

I Forgot

That they existed

>.>
    its ok i spent an hour searching because one of the map entries said move tutor
    then i went online and
    oop

There are also some move tutors that aren't the move relearners.

I found one that teaches starters elemental hyper beams and one that teaches "combo moves".

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I remember someone asking about evolution items - I haven't seen the full list, but there's an NPC in the Stow-On-Side markets who sells a different hold item every day - I've seen Protectors and Cracked Pots from them so far, as well as a Ring Target.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I mean Arlo's video also had him complaining about the textures on trees and the sound that plays when you run into something so IDK

During the past year, SilverWind and I went from watching all of Arlo's videos as they came out to... not doing that, specifically because of thigns like this

I don't know if it's because his content changed or because we got tired of the song he's singing; I suspect it's the latter? But I knew once he used the National Dex hashtag in a video title that we couldn't watch his Sword/Shield coverage, full stop

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Here's a question. Anyone wanna trade me a Cherubi rn? I used up all my berry trees but I really wanna use Cherrim during a gym battle today.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Is there an Oval Charm in this?

Or is Flame Body/Magma Armor the only way to speed up hatching?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i shake my fist at those of you who can reliably get max raid battle stickers to show up after you swap from local to internet

takes forever for ANY stickers to show up in my neck of the woods

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    i shake my fist at those of you who can reliably get max raid battle stickers to show up after you swap from local to internet

takes forever for ANY stickers to show up in my neck of the woods

It's very random for me whether they show up or not. Sometimes I get them easy, sometimes it's nothing.

The online in this is leaves some things to be desired

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    yeah i expect nintendo online to be bad, but sometimes it stings more than other times

i think max raids are actually fun and cool, which is strange, because they're so slow-paced and simple they shouldn't be!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I wish you could quit out of max raids because sometimes I am an idiot and put the wrong pokemon in and now whoops I'm locked in here until we lose

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My goodness... A wrestling octopus

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I love almost every single one of the Pokemon I've seen so far. The designs are absolutely great.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Is there an Oval Charm in this?

Or is Flame Body/Magma Armor the only way to speed up hatching?

Yes
    Gotta defeat Morimoto in the hotel in whatever the ice city is after becoming the champ. He's the big guy in the room beside gamefreak.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Battle tower
    Leon in a coat and tails is hilarious, this should honestly be his normal costume instead of the cape

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just one badge to go

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    So Applin is available in both games, but it has two distinct evolutions, and each game only has one type of apple available. But I could still catch two Applins, get someone to trade me a pokemon holding the other type of apple, and then have one of each? Is that right?

• Options
    yeah you can trade any item that can be held by a pokemon just by virtue of trading a pokemon holding that item

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Appletun is clearly superior anyways imo.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh huh, so it's not that having a Fire Pokemon lead makes finding Sizzlipede easier

It's that Flash Fire now functions like Static and Magnet Pull, increasing the rate of Fire Pokemon to 50% (Of which there is only one available on route 3 via the rustling grass)

• Options
    Alright, Destiny Knot get, IV judge unlocked, Ditto's starting to be acquired, which means it's time for the best part of the game: breeding an army of super pokemon that I will never use.

Now I just have to decide what my first perfect project will be, hmm. I'm thinking either some Ferroseeds with Toxic, some Excadrill's since I already have a 31 atk Jolly one and that will be easier, or maybe play around with one of the cool new poke's like Dragapult (as soon as I actually find one of the bastards).

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Orbeetle is fucking cool, y'all. But they're so vulnerable to stuff like dark or fairy, I gotta be careful and pull em once those sorta moves start getting thrown around.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I'm taking it slow and playing this when I need a break from Death Stranding. Just beat the third gym.

Biggest step back that I hate, besides the online stuff being wonky, is the Dex. I miss the evolution groupings from SuMo so much. That shit was amazing.
    I just put like ten unnecessary levels on a Drednaw because I thought it had another evolution and I was too stubborn to look it up.

Besides that, and some of the common minor complaints, I'm really enjoying it. These new designs are amazing and every single pokemon is adorable.

...except Galarian Meowth. Fuckin yeesh on that one.

• Options
    Galarian Meowth is only not perfect because his evolution is

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    scientists just name every new cat species they discover a meowth variant

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    When Poke Jobs asks for a certain type, it seems pure types are ideal
    I sent some double types and was told when they got back that they struggled a bit with the job

• Options
    Slightly worrying that 21 years on from Blue I can probably tell you the evolution level of most Kanto pokemon faster than I could tell you today's date.

• Options
    has anyone had poke jobs like, unlock anything

because the experience from them is NOT IMPRESSIVE

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

I am quite happy to send my Delibird on them since it's not like I'm going to miss an evo or a new move because it overlevelled.

What is the deal with Delibird anyway? It has middling stats, never evolves, never natively learns any moves, and the one move it does have is a so-so attack that randomly heals your opponent. Like what is the concept here?

• Options

I did one and it unlocked more pokejobs.

I then decided that subjecting my pokemon to the whims of the gig economy is immoral and have subsequently ignored it.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    i have been informed that sometimes items can drop from them, and also later there are jobs that do EV training

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Butler wrote: »

I am quite happy to send my Delibird on them since it's not like I'm going to miss an evo or a new move because it overlevelled.

What is the deal with Delibird anyway? It has middling stats, never evolves, never natively learns any moves, and the one move it does have is a so-so attack that randomly heals your opponent. Like what is the concept here?

Yeah like, we could have just had any other pokemon but they choose Delibird for some reason

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The deli part of Delibird always sticks out to me, even though I know the name is a pun on delivered, so I always think of deli meats whenever it comes up.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    i have been informed that sometimes items can drop from them, and also later there are jobs that do EV training

Yeah you unlock “hammerlocke university” jobs that are EV boosting.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Delibird has that one really good minigame in Pokemon Stadium 2

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Someone fucked up making Galarian Stunfisk. Why is its best melee steel move metal claw? Why is its signature move, that only it learns, grass??

Also the ability is 100% a downside. Maybe if it just swapped the ground typing and kept steel it'd be okay, but at the moment it ruins your survivability.

But it's real fun to use and if it was just a little better and cohesively designed I think it could have a real role.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Oh neat, Ripen affects Leftovers so it heals 1/8 instead of 1/16 HP.

• Options
    Wild pokemon should not use rest. It's annoying.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Delibird was born in the days of Gen 2, when a lot of Pokemom were just straight gimped. See: Unown, Stantler, Girafarig.

I still remember playing silver when it came out, and I leveled an Unown to like 20 wondering what cool thing it was going to evolve into. I thought I'd learned the Magikarp lesson.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Route 9 almost had my Toxtricity and Corviknight die, between Pyukumuku spitting up all its guts when I one shot it with Overdrive and Cloyster trapping me in with Whirlpool.

Toxtricity had 6 HP left, Corviknight had 20.

That route was very spooky!

The gym was very easy by comparison, just one left.

Mx. Quill on
This discussion has been closed.