As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Kirby will save us all.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Maybe New York Comic Con? That's later this week though it might be a bit of a stretch.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Maybe New York Comic Con? That's later this week though it might be a bit of a stretch.

Could be! I mean, apparently the playlist was updated two days ago, so if they wait until the last day of NYCC then it will have been 7 days since the video was uploaded.

Cruor on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Could be! I mean, apparently the playlist was updated two days ago, so if they wait until the last day of NYCC then it will have been 7 days since the video was uploaded.

Nintendo is having an event on Saturday from 6pm-730pm at the Nintendo Store for Smash, so maybe they could do something there. I sent an email to see if I could get in on the event since I'll be there for NYCC (they asked you to email on their Twitter).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    The 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm timeframe would put any announcement they make in the early morning for Japan, which is how they've handled character announcements in the past.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Probably Protoman or Bass.
    MM 11 is out and they could combo it with a dlc announcement

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I’d be really surprised by a character announcement this soon after the famitsu column announcement of “we’re dialing back the rate of new character announcements”

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I’d be really surprised by a character announcement this soon after the famitsu column announcement of “we’re dialing back the rate of new character announcements”

I'd be surprised at more than one character being announced. A single character announcement is definitely scaling it back compared to the 5 we got in a single Smash direct.

Also, the plan is to reveal all of the characters before the game launches, so a character or two in October and the same in November makes sense to reach that.

• Options
    redfield85 wrote: »

Nintendo is having an event on Saturday from 6pm-730pm at the Nintendo Store for Smash, so maybe they could do something there. I sent an email to see if I could get in on the event since I'll be there for NYCC (they asked you to email on their Twitter).

Wait, what? I'll be at NYCC and hadn't heard anything about this. Do you have the link on what they said about it? I can't find it on their twitter.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

No way is the Nintendo Store a venue for an announcement. It's just a store.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »

No way is the Nintendo Store a venue for an announcement. It's just a store.

They regularly mirror Directs even when there's not a big event going on in the city.

https://youtu.be/cVyHBHhigHo

Since there is a big event going on in the city during this hypothetical announcement, it's not a bad idea to draw in even more fans and do something at the store at the same time the rest of the world sees a direct. That's the main reason corporations are so happy to present during cons -- congoers tend to get excited and spread the word when they get home.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Aha! Found it:

And while I was looking for it on Google I saw a bunch of stuff Nintendo did for NYCC in the past. So chances for Smash news are pretty decent! Not guaranteed of course.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Those two new characters don't look like fit in the game at all!

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Those two new characters don't look like fit in the game at all!

Those are the new mii fighter default models.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So say that all that is left to announce are two new characters and two Echoes, who would you want?

New:

1. Elma (Xenoblade X)
    2. Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Echo:

1. Ken (Echo of Ryu)
    2. Shadow (Echo of Sonic)

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Elma (XCX)
    Incineroar (Pokemon)

Sakura (Ryu echo)
    Sami (Snake echo)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    New:
    • Ryu Hayabusa (from Ninja Gaiden)
    • Erdrick (from Dragon Quest, with both male & female models, with appearances in DQ3 sprite costume and/or DQ1 armor each)
    Echo:
    • Ken or Sakura (Echo of Ryu from Street Fighter)
    • Mike Jones from Star Tropics (Echo of Ness or Lucas from Mother)

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Elma
    Crash

Dixie Kong (Diddy Echo)
    Medusa (Palutena Echo)

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hamtaro, duh.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Crystal (-Tal) suggested to me that a rumor had been put forth that the four Champions from BOTW would be in as a single character slot, like the Pokemon Trainer

This wasn't really a rumor, it was an unsubstantiated idea pulled off an image board, and it's definitely not real, but if I had my druthers it would definitely be something like that

And Impa as a Sheik echo would also be perfect

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So say that all that is left to announce are two new characters and two Echoes, who would you want?

New:

1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
    2. Loto (Dragon Quest)

Echo:

1. Hector (Echo of Ike, with the Belmonts' Axe Throw instead of Counter and a tipper style due to having an axe)
    2. Celica (Echo of Robin, with no weapon breaking but self-damaging like Pichu when using stronger magics)

And, in addition, if I could get two Semi-Clones (a la Isabelle):

1. Dixie Kong (similar to Diddy)
    2. Miles "Tails" Prower (similar to Sonic)

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    New
    1 - Shantae
    2 - Mach Rider (gotta have one retro WTF fighter)

Echo
    1 - Impa
    2 - Medusa

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/ZBZlcmBETRs

Youtube happened to suggest this video to me, if anyone wants to see some pretty high quality Ridley gameplay.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »

This is a really, really good remix.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    My ideal echos are Blues/Protoman and Metal Sonic over Shadow

New characters though?

Hmm. Mach Rider would be neat. I think its a series witha cool character ( also secretly a lady like Samus iirc) but one awful game. I'd like to see it get some attention.

Then maybe Viewtiful Joe or Mr.Dream?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Is it weird to want Sakura over Ken? I like her design more, Ken looks like a blonde recolor.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Oh yeah.

Paula as a Ness echo, let's go.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    New
    1 - Shantae
    2 - Mach Rider (gotta have one retro WTF fighter)

Echo
    1 - Impa
    2 - Medusa

I'd swap Mach Rider out for Isaac as a matter of personal preference, but otherwise this is exactly what I would have said if you hadn't done so first

• Options
    Is it weird to want Sakura over Ken? I like her design more, Ken looks like a blonde recolor.

Not at all. She's more fun.

• Options
    People have noticed they removed the “New” indicators from the fighters tab, lending more weight to the idea that newcomers are approaching

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Kinda seems too early for another Direct..if it's just an echo fighter, maybe they're gonna reveal them via the website. Would be unprecetended, but I could see it happening.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Maz- wrote: »
    Kinda seems too early for another Direct..if it's just an echo fighter, maybe they're gonna reveal them via the website. Would be unprecetended, but I could see it happening.

I think that feeling is because of the Isabelle announcement during the general Nintendo Direct. The last Smash Direct was the August 8th one, and the one before that was E3 in June. About two months apart each, so we're actually on-schedule for one. Two months past this week is release day.

... this might actually be the last Smash Direct before release.

Kupi on
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    New:
    MM Zero - because laser sword!
    Monster Hunter Felyne

Echo:
    Sakura or Akuma echo of Ryu
    Wind Waker Ganon

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    New:
    Geno
    Decidueye

Echo:
    Ken
    Impa

Not very original but they're the ones that make the most sense to me.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular

No, it isn't weird, though I would rather have Akuma or Gouken myself. Ken is more iconic but less interesting.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I just want Isaac. Gimme Isaac. :I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    A new pokémon is a pretty safe bet, they've never not added a new representative.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    A new pokémon is a pretty safe bet, they've never not added a new representative.

And there's pro wrestling cat right there to represent SuMo.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Pokken Tournament got Decidueye, and Smash 4 got the water starter. So yeah it's time for a fire starter.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Hm, just noticed the Fire Emblem music posted on the site is from Fire Emblem Heroes, the smartphone game. We're definitely in a new era.

This discussion has been closed.