As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm cold again, [weather thread]

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Heat index was never something I encountered outside north america, even in tropical zones. It makes a lot of sense, though - 36C at 80% humidity is a waaaay different feel than 36C at 30% humidity.

Related, apparently the 'assumed humidity' for the 'feels like' temperature is 20%, which seems really low to me - I've spent time in the desert with humidity in the 15-20% range for long periods, and that's a level of moisture where most people get nosebleeds, if it's hot, or your skin chaps, if it's cold. (my heels start to develop deep and painful fissures, but part of that is my refusal to wear shoes).
    I dunno what would be better than 20%, mind you, it just seems like a weird value to pick.

It took me a second to parse your statement and I was like "of course -36 feels different from 36, regardless of the humidity, one is scorching, one is freezing"

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Now that every state seems to be in the triple digits, I’m actually glad I’m in Arizona. Yeah, sure, it’s hot as hell, but I’m not smothering.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm drenched in hot dog water

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I brought shorts and a t-shirt with me so that when I leave work I don't die on my wait for the bus.

I walk to work in shorts and a shirt i put my work crap in my backpack . i feel this is why the cops harass me because of the pack it's my ols 3day bag from the Corps

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I know I’m the weird one for this, but nah, pants forever regardless of the temperature.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have a bbq on wednesday and I have not promised to not turn up nude.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I know I’m the weird one for this, but nah, pants forever regardless of the temperature.

I agree to a point. if it's over 90 degrees pants are a health hazard IMHO.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Burlap bag and a rope as a belt?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

I used to be that way but then one day I wore gym shorts to the gym and a lady complimented me on my calves and just being the completely shallow desperate for validation human being I am I just wear shorts all the time now.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I have honestly never considered the aesthetic potential of my calves. It's entirely possible that I've been robbing the world this entire time without realizing it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    well proportioned calves really finish off a nice set of legs, man or woman. It's also almost completely dependent on genetics, as they are one of the hardest muscles to get to grow through exercise.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    pity

hqdefault.jpg

tynic on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Either way, glad I work in an air conditioned office.
    I hope Gary from accounting eats your goddamn lunch.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

I agree to a point. if it's over 90 degrees pants are a health hazard IMHO.

It all depends on what you’re acclimatized to, I had a friend in college who wore shorts in winter regardless of the temperature. The jeans aren’t that much of a problem when you’re typically wearing all black to begin with.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I wear slacks in all seasons. Never jeans though and shorts don't feel good.

• Options
    yeah I mean. I can easily go out in 45 to 50 degree weather with no jacket during the cold months. it is pretty subjective.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    our AC has been running all day and it is... 73 degrees Fahrenheit! at 2300!

...maybe there is something wrong with it...

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    our AC has been running all day and it is... 73 degrees Fahrenheit! at 2300!

...maybe there is something wrong with it...

ours has been trying to drop it below 75 all day today

today was a really shit day

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Today was blissfully cooler, but still really humid. Tomorrow its gonna be hot and maybe rainy? Same with the 4th.

• Options
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Here comes the sun

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

How many people cancelled after that news got out?

• Options

what are you implying here, chris

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Heat stroke indeed!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    AC in the house has able to keep us at or under 70 degrees during the day and at 65 at night. Getting back into the workforce and needing to wear pants is going to be awful.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I'm implying that attending a nudist barbecue fully clothed is hella rude, Tynic.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Thats why I show up to all functions involving cooked meats and or fire nude.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I do metal casting at my job, so I'm wearing 3/4 sleeves and jeans even in this 105 degree weather.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Its a nice 25c here in Borough Market.

God bless my office air conditioning. My better half works in the public sector. She is not having fun

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Today's high is 85, and it seems like we might not bust past it like we did yesterday.

But god I hope it rains today or tomorrow. My poor dogs do not handle fireworks well.

Goose! on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular

I'm implying that attending a nudist barbecue fully clothed is hella rude, Tynic.

BYOB BBQ

Bare Your Own Booty

Bare Booties Quintessential

• Options
    I drove to put gas in my car had my air up on blast in the cabin got out to pump gas and my glasses fogged up instantly.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    My work cranks the AC too much in the summer after I've s adjusted to the heat. First world problems.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    it dropped about 20 degrees after it rained

it feels pretty great out now

Until the sun comes back out and makes it so muggy you can taste the pavement in the humidity.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options

I don't think you read my post properly.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I have never done that while wearing sunglasses so you got one on me Mr. Sun

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    It is damn near a 10 degree and what feels like a 50% humidity difference between the lake front and three blocks inland. There is literally an intersection you can pass through and, depending on your direction of travel, be draped in either a curtain of hot, humid misery, or cool, cathartic nirvana.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    it looks like we might be moving this weekend.

I can't wait to be in a place with actual working air conditioning.

I'm constantly dehydrated and sleep deprived and it's making me feel ill.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Normally working in a lab with big windows is nice. But that, combined with being next to the front doors of the building, has made this place way too warm. Can't wait until I can escape to my office.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
This discussion has been closed.