Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
* The new servers are 100% SSDs
* Internal network is 10x faster than before
* We've partnered with Cloudflare for SSL, DDoS, and content acceleration / caching
* We've upgraded all the software in our stack
Here are the steps in the move:
1. Build a duplicate environment in the new datacenter [ done ]
2. Perform an export of the current database [ done ]
3. Transfer the (large) export to the new database server in the new environment [ done ]
4. Restore the export to the new database server [ done ]
5. Set up Master/Slave replication between the servers so that changes are synced [ done ]
6. When everything is settled, put the site into maintenance mode [ done ]
7. Cut over DNS and convert the Slave into a Master [ done ]
8. Remove maintenance mode [ done ]
I am expecting relatively little down time. If things go well, something like 5-10 minutes.