As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Nothing to see here, new thread is up!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Not sure what this could possibly be teasing but the warframe twitter posted this about 11 hrs ago.
    Was that not something Ballas said during the Chimera Prologue? I can't remember.
    There's someone meaner than Hunhow, and she hadn't showed up yet.
    Turns out space grandad just came to the Sol system to get away from space grandma

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Not sure what this could possibly be teasing but the warframe twitter posted this about 11 hrs ago.
    Was that not something Ballas said during the Chimera Prologue? I can't remember.
    There's someone meaner than Hunhow, and she hadn't showed up yet.
    Turns out space grandad just came to the Sol system to get away from space grandma
    We only have the new war trailer to go off but that already tells us a lot about her. She's going to be a very cool antagonist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXSVA5IntiM

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I actually have a number of things that can sell for a decent amount so I can just trade for the bits I was trying to make drop when I feel motivated enough to list things on warframe market.
    Can't recommend it enough: once you get some stuff listed it becomes a trickle of people offering you plat. So nice, and being able to say "well I didn't get what I wanted but I can sell what I did," like you're saying, makes trying to farm something specific much less frustrating.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I actually have a number of things that can sell for a decent amount so I can just trade for the bits I was trying to make drop when I feel motivated enough to list things on warframe market.
    Can't recommend it enough: once you get some stuff listed it becomes a trickle of people offering you plat. So nice, and being able to say "well I didn't get what I wanted but I can sell what I did," like you're saying, makes trying to farm something specific much less frustrating.

Alternate be-lazy take on making platinum: filter the trade channel using "WTB" and keep an eye on it when idling, possibly with a pen-and-paper list of stuff you have a bunch of, possibly not.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Alternate be-lazy take on making platinum: filter the trade channel using "WTB" and keep an eye on it when idling, possibly with a pen-and-paper list of stuff you have a bunch of, possibly not.

I've found that the trade channel WTS prices are inflated by about 50% compared to warframe.market, and WTS is much lower. There are some gems, but I think the entire thing is based on the sellers hoping that people viewing the channel don't check .market.

Speaking of selling your stuff, most people I've messaged to buy stuff get back to me very quickly, do you just set aside a half hour+ to idle so you can sell stuff quick or go do missions and ask people to wait until you finish up?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Daimar wrote: »

I've found that the trade channel WTS prices are inflated by about 50% compared to warframe.market, and WTS is much lower. There are some gems, but I think the entire thing is based on the sellers hoping that people viewing the channel don't check .market.

Speaking of selling your stuff, most people I've messaged to buy stuff get back to me very quickly, do you just set aside a half hour+ to idle so you can sell stuff quick or go do missions and ask people to wait until you finish up?

Yeah, all the people spamming trade are definitely trying to get you to dump a lot of platinum on something you could get cheaper if you used warframe market or put in some time waiting on it. They're basically hoping to catch you coming off an RMT and ready to go. Usually if someone's looking for just one thing it won't be as cheap as it possibly could be, but will be well within the reasonable bounds, by contrast.

If I'm bothering to try to do anything market-related I'm probably also clearing out mods, farting around with builds, decorating my orbiter, participating in Alliance chat, or something similar. You say the thing / look at the chat while you do Warframe Chores, basically.

E: To be clear, it's not like I'm some kind of tradechat baron, I just haven't had to put any slot-buying or similar off in a long time, now.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    There's an invasion for Orokin Reactor or Exilus Adapter up on Sedna.
    edit: And a second Orokin Reactor alert for the morning! (didn't mention first because it was expiring soon)

I've had lots of times where I forgot I left warframe market open in a tab and got messaged in a mission - people often wait. Sometimes they find someone else in the meantime, but then it just sells to someone else later. I try not to leave it open if I'm going to be doing sorties or long endless, but otherwise I just do trades between missions.

Red Raevyn on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    T_T all these cool rewards while working sucks.

I've almost finished formaing my lanka, because I really want to start hunting Eidolons a bunch to improve my arcane collection.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    So, having leveled Revenant, is he generally understood to be powerful but also a hot mess of poorly planned synergies? He seems like a bizarre fusion of Saryn/Nyx/Mesa, which sounds absurdly strong but is kinda derpy and results in just going 2 for Invincible and 4 to kill all the things.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    So, having leveled Revenant, is he generally understood to be powerful but also a hot mess of poorly planned synergies? He seems like a bizarre fusion of Saryn/Nyx/Mesa, which sounds absurdly strong but is kinda derpy and results in just going 2 for Invincible and 4 to kill all the things.

There's a lot of cool potential in him...that's kind of wasted at the moment. Hopefully he gets a khora like make over soon.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Just had an arbitration with a super buffed chroma and me providing a superbuffed Sonar Banshee.

*spins around with Synoid Gammacor*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bRyCJLLXa8

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Leyzar's videos continue to be super informative. Definitely one of my favorite content creators in the Warframe Youtube community.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XymMXTWoI4

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i just know they are gonna nerf the staticors soon, but i am gonna enjoy them as much as i possibly can in the meantime.
    they are incredibly fun. some might say, they are a blast (teehee)
    BOOM BOOM BOOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM everything dead!

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    I'm not sure I've seen them before, just looked up a video. They look pretty doggarn fun haha.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Have they released an eta for the patch to hit consoles yet?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

I kinda figure they won't bother releasing it before fortuna. I'm assuming that it's not too far out so it would make more sense to just bundle them together for consoles.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »

I kinda figure they won't bother releasing it before fortuna. I'm assuming that it's not too far out so it would make more sense to just bundle them together for consoles.

There are enough things in this last update that I think it's likely they want to release them separately from Fortuna to work out any bugs. Because boy howdy are there bugs in the PC version.

Mobs were getting stuck in their spawn room for defense and interception missions. Half the time I tried to use a scanner from the gear wheel I would completely unequip myself instead. Operator cosmetics have issues. DE's been steadily fixing things but the update is not yet free from significant defects. I'm betting they want more of these to get fixed before pushing it out to consoles.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options

There are enough things in this last update that I think it's likely they want to release them separately from Fortuna to work out any bugs. Because boy howdy are there bugs in the PC version.

Mobs were getting stuck in their spawn room for defense and interception missions. Half the time I tried to use a scanner from the gear wheel I would completely unequip myself instead. Operator cosmetics have issues. DE's been steadily fixing things but the update is not yet free from significant defects. I'm betting they want more of these to get fixed before pushing it out to consoles.

It's anecdotal I admit but it feels like something's a little off with Simaris scan target spawn rates, as well.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

It also has a new story prologue mission in it, so I imagine they want that to drop when it can.

Oh, and a weapon BP that uses 1000 ducats as materials.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

The same weapon that can get up to level 40 (after you forma it 5 times, so 2 extra levels per forma) and has a 60% bonus to damage vs sentients at that point, so you'd think there are some badass sentients that you'll need it to take down.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

It's anecdotal I admit but it feels like something's a little off with Simaris scan target spawn rates, as well.

Unrelated to the bugs but this reminded me of something I've discovered with since getting my Arca Plasmor riven with +120 damage and +61% Toxin: I've one shot a lot of synthesis targets in mission before registering the color difference. I've been really good about backing off when I see a mob barely taking damage and noting the aura with only one accidental kill in about 3 months of playing prior. But that was before getting 18000 or higher damage numbers became a common occurrence. There's some solace knowing that we likely wouldn't be able to scan it anyway with the bugs currently but it's been a shocker after so many times getting annoyed at someone I assumed was a newbie killing a synthesis target.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »

The same weapon that can get up to level 40 (after you forma it 5 times, so 2 extra levels per forma) and has a 60% bonus to damage vs sentients at that point, so you'd think there are some badass sentients that you'll need it to take down.

Coming Soon(TM)

(I personally wouldn't expect until mid-2019, anyway)

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options

Yeah, all the people spamming trade are definitely trying to get you to dump a lot of platinum on something you could get cheaper if you used warframe market or put in some time waiting on it. They're basically hoping to catch you coming off an RMT and ready to go. Usually if someone's looking for just one thing it won't be as cheap as it possibly could be, but will be well within the reasonable bounds, by contrast.

If I'm bothering to try to do anything market-related I'm probably also clearing out mods, farting around with builds, decorating my orbiter, participating in Alliance chat, or something similar. You say the thing / look at the chat while you do Warframe Chores, basically.

E: To be clear, it's not like I'm some kind of tradechat baron, I just haven't had to put any slot-buying or similar off in a long time, now.

I ended up finally getting around to putting some stuff up on warframe.market last night while also perusing listings and taking care of dinner.

A lot of my stuff sold pretty quickly to the point where I had to set myself to invisible if I was going to be away for a few minutes to move stuff to the oven or whisk a dressing. Rare and uncommon Gram Prime, Rubico Prime, and Chroma prime bits all sold quickly with many cases of someone contacting me about a piece I just sold before I could mark the listing as gone on the site. The vaulted bits worth a pretty penny like the Nyx Prime set and assorted prime weapon parts not so much.

On my end I picked up the missing bits I needed for Oberon Prime and Hydroid Prime. Decided to hold off on picking up the Chroma Prime parts I still need as the relics are still easily accessible and he'll be around for a bit so demand and prices should drop in time. Plus I don't even do eidolon hunts yet and have a Trinity Prime setup I'm pretty happy with if I want to do one. I also picked up Shell Shock for a decent price to make my Tigris Prime be hilarious with 100% status and a Condition Overload for when I get around to throwing forma at Umbra's Exalted Blade. I ended up about even with what I sold offsetting my purchases.

Then I decided I wanted Saryn Prime. I had one part for her from one player burning through old relics while ducat farming and normal Saryn has been one of my favorite frames to play in multiple game modes but I know I'd burn a lot of forma trying to optimize her that I'd repeat if Prime got unvaulted. It was a definitely a splurge but one I could afford and I'll likely offset a good chunk of that when people next crack relics en masse for Baro.

It also saved me a lot of time that I wound need to far up Shell Shock and Condition Overload not to mention gathering void traces to dump into relics only to be disappointed at the results. Needing to use a third party website and copying and pasting messages is still clunky but less annoying than grinding this stuff myself.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I really need to (finally) register there, myself.

• Options
    Then I decided I wanted Saryn Prime. I had one part for her from one player burning through old relics while ducat farming and normal Saryn has been one of my favorite frames to play in multiple game modes but I know I'd burn a lot of forma trying to optimize her that I'd repeat if Prime got unvaulted. It was a definitely a splurge but one I could afford and I'll likely offset a good chunk of that when people next crack relics en masse for Baro.

Looks like we had the same impulse. I was only missing one Saryn Prime piece (of course, the expensive one) after getting lucky getting the rest through random relic cracks so will be pulling it out of the foundry tonight.

I'm amazed at some of the stuff I've gotten out of rando groups, I've probably got at least one piece of every vaulted frame and most weapons so far, though Saryn is the first frame I've bothered to complete.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Looks like we had the same impulse. I was only missing one Saryn Prime piece (of course, the expensive one) after getting lucky getting the rest through random relic cracks so will be pulling it out of the foundry tonight.

I'm amazed at some of the stuff I've gotten out of rando groups, I've probably got at least one piece of every vaulted frame and most weapons so far, though Saryn is the first frame I've bothered to complete.

Eventually radshares become impossible to get together for things, or you jave too many to rad (especially for liths).

I pulled a Tigris Prime BP out of an old relic last night... then got one of the Vauban BPs from someone else's... and a Rubico stock, all in one excavation run.

• Options

A lot of players take breaks from the game and we sometimes benefit greatly when they toss in whatever they have lying around when it's ducat time. Plus sometimes Baro offers relics with otherwise vaulted parts which is how I have half of the Volt Prime bits.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Yeah, other people's vaulted relics have gotten me a handful of blueprints for prime frames I will eventually want to build, so that's pretty nice. Still no luck with Mirage Prime's main bp from neo M1 though :C but I have Ivara building right now! RNG is weird.
    (I should probably stop hoarding these vaulted relics with Valkyr Prime and Cernos Prime parts on their tables, but.. void traces..)

Also, I'm playing a fair bit of Titania lately and Become Gunship is a very strong ability. I want to say she's replaced Valk as my go-to problem solver? Especially how long the ability lasts with both fleeting expertise and streamline on. Also has a fun side effect in that levels I've seen n times already play entirely differently with the ability to fly - almost like a different game mode. Further reinforces my thinking that archwing as it stands should play more like Descent, with basically regular stages designed from the start for full 3d movement, in closer quarters so you can better see the dudes you're shooting at without needing the indicators so much, and like, with the warframes' abilities and weaponry and a special archwing thing on 5 or something. or you can toggle the ability set with 5.
    It is also very satisfying using it to shoot down enemy gunships on Eidolon that show up like they can chase me off, like they're all big and bad.

• Options
    Paracesis fully upgraded. cleaving whirlwind, using it's E E delay E+ combo while channeling is amazing.

It's a very solid weapon but I'm curious if it's destined to be made into that 2-hander they've been teasing for a while...looks very similar but with Eidolon energy tendrils streaming off bits of it.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Paracesis fully upgraded. cleaving whirlwind, using it's E E delay E+ combo while channeling is amazing.

It's a very solid weapon but I'm curious if it's destined to be made into that 2-hander they've been teasing for a while...looks very similar but with Eidolon energy tendrils streaming off bits of it.

It would be pretty annoying to sink five forma and a potatoe into a weapon that turns out to be a crafting component.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

You're thinking of the two handed nikana that's coming out sometime later. It's going to be another, newer weapon type entirely, not a greatsword

edit: and I'd hope they wouldn't have you use this badass sentient slayer to craft some stupid weeby mall ninja sword

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Especially since you spend a galatine and god damn 5 Eidolon shards and 1000 Ducats on crafting it.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Well the assumption would be that it would be worth the crafting. Like it would rank up to 40 straight off the bat and have better stats.

• Options
    Especially since you spend a galatine and god damn 5 Eidolon shards and 1000 Ducats on crafting it.

I mean none of that matters to me, it was basically free, but it's just such a rad fuckin sword that I'd hate to lose it

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    If I used the Broken War I got from that quest to make War would I lose the weapon slot I got along with it or does that slot remain? (edit: I only ask because I am pretty sure I got a Blueprint for a Broken War after I got the BP for War.)

And I still haven't taken a third Frame out of my foundry. So far I have Excalibur and Frost and really enjoy Frost but have been thinking lately about using a third frame but not sure which.

Seg on
  • Options
    Seg wrote: »
    If I used the Broken War I got from that quest to make War would I lose the weapon slot I got along with it or does that slot remain? (edit: I only ask because I am pretty sure I got a Blueprint for a Broken War after I got the BP for War.)

And I still haven't taken a third Frame out of my foundry. So far I have Excalibur and Frost and really enjoy Frost but have been thinking lately about using a third frame but not sure which.

The weapon slot would remain, but the quest reward broken war also comes with a catalyst installed. Making a new broken war may be better?

• Options
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options

I almost spit my cereal out over this

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Seg wrote: »

Rhino can make some things very simple that would otherwise be a pain, I think he's a must have. I think Oberon is also a good one to pull if you don't have trinity, because if you have rage or hunter adrenaline he's very hard to kill and can heal your tenno friends (and also do good damage).

If you're hesitant because you're limited on slots, please message me in game sometime (Fremenoc PC) and I'll hook you up with some plat - I'd be happy to pay forward how I was helped a while ago.